Subforums?

Moderators: Shroom Man 777, Ford Prefect

Malchus
Location: In a chibi-land, eating the brains of H. P. Wuvcwaft.

Subforums?

Post by Malchus »

Are we gonna get subforums for this 'verse or not? Just wondering before I go and start transfering my stuff. I think it'd make classification of stuff easier with subforums similar to the one's we had on OZ, but what do you guys think?
I admire the man, he has a high tolerance for insanity (and inanity - which he generously contributed!). ~Shroom, on my wierdness tolerance.
Siege
Site Admin

Re: Subforums?

Post by Siege »

Malchus wrote:Are we gonna get subforums for this 'verse or not?
I'm going for as few subforums as possible on here to avoid the overabundance of them on - and the subsequent hopelessly cluttered look of - OZ. That doesn't mean there won't be any, but I'd like to see some serious discussion about what these subforums would be, before I'm going to establish them.
"Nick Fury. Old-school cold warrior. The original black ops hardcase. Long before I stepped off a C-130 at Da Nang, Fury and his team had set fire to half of Asia." - Frank Castle

For, now De Ruyter's topsails
Off naked Chatham show,
We dare not meet him with our fleet -
And this the Dutchmen know!
Malchus

Post by Malchus »

Looking at the original Comix, most of the clutter seems to come from all of the threads beneath the subforums. Perhaps if stuff like that could be placed in a subforum of its own?

My suggestion would be to keep it down to five subforums:

Groups and Places (combining organizations and locales)
Heroes and Villains (this'd be a given, methinks)
Technology and Society (same function the Tools of Justice and Malevolence thread, but including mundane civilian technology and maybe some articles about the overall social state in Comix?)
Literature
Comix Discussion

Events of Interest we could drop since it was rarely posted in back on OZComix.

Anyway, just my suggestions.
I admire the man, he has a high tolerance for insanity (and inanity - which he generously contributed!). ~Shroom, on my wierdness tolerance.
Vagrant Orpheus

Post by Vagrant Orpheus »

Comix is the one universe that I think absolutely needs sub-forums, simply due to the vast amount of threads that it possesses. It makes it that much easier when searching for older material for reference. I think that most other universes can probably manage with stickied index threads, but I really think Comix needs some sub-forums.
Shroom Man 777
Global Mod

Post by Shroom Man 777 »

GODDAMN! I have to redo the Hall of Heroes and Vestibule of Villainy thread again! GODDAMN! GODDAMN I HATE YOU ALL YOU FUCKERRRRSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :cry: :cry: :cry:

And I say we stick all of our Literature in the Literature and RPGs forum. For cross-cultural pollination!

"Sometimes Shroomy I wonder if your imagination actually counts as some sort of war crime." - FROD
Siege
Site Admin

Post by Siege »

Dude, don't get your panties in a twist. Why not simply edit the old Hall/Vestibule thread on OZ, copy the content, and paste it into a new thread here? BB code is the same for vBulletin and phpBB, the links should work just fine even if they direct you to an off-site post, so as long as OZ remains up that ought to work out FAB.
"Nick Fury. Old-school cold warrior. The original black ops hardcase. Long before I stepped off a C-130 at Da Nang, Fury and his team had set fire to half of Asia." - Frank Castle

Off naked Chatham show,
Shroom Man 777
Global Mod

Post by Shroom Man 777 »

True, that. I will simply edit the URLs when the individual hero articles get re-posted in O1.

"Sometimes Shroomy I wonder if your imagination actually counts as some sort of war crime." - FROD
Peregrin

Post by Peregrin »

Shroom Man 777 wrote:GODDAMN! I have to redo the Hall of Heroes and Vestibule of Villainy thread again! GODDAMN! GODDAMN I HATE YOU ALL YOU FUCKERRRRSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :cry: :cry: :cry:
Look at the plus side - now the Hall of Heroes can accurately sum up Infrared as "half Sailor Uranus, half Deadpool, all vampire". :mrgreen:
"You could not step twice into the same river; for other waters are ever flowing on to you." - Heraclitus
Malchus

Post by Malchus »

So does anyone else have any subforum suggestions? Or are you all fine with the ones I suggested?

If so, would they be workable for this verse, Siege?
Peregrin

Post by Peregrin »

Perhaps we should have a subforum called "The Ship Yard" where we can discuss which characters we like to pair up romantically. :mrgreen:
"You could not step twice into the same river; for other waters are ever flowing on to you." - Heraclitus
Malchus

Post by Malchus »

Nah, a thread in Comix Discussion (if my subforum suggestions pass muster) would suffice for that, methinks.
Malchus

Post by Malchus »

Not to be an annoying twat about brining this up again, but the 'verse is really starting to fill out. Will there be subforums for this 'verse? I personally think they'd be helful in keeping clutter down once the 'verse really swings into full.
Siege
Site Admin

Post by Siege »

Your wish is my command, master... This setup oughta work for ya.

Off naked Chatham show,
Malchus

Post by Malchus »

Hey, cool, thanks a lot, man! Sorry for being such a pest about it. ^^;