Interesting Link and Content Thread

Moderators: Shroom Man 777, Ford Prefect

Siege
Site Admin

Re: Interesting Link and Content Thread

Post by Siege »

Soyuz Stephanovich finally makes it back to Earth at the head of a mighty flotialla of Space Soviet starships... Only to discover the USSR has long since fallen...
"Nick Fury. Old-school cold warrior. The original black ops hardcase. Long before I stepped off a C-130 at Da Nang, Fury and his team had set fire to half of Asia." - Frank Castle

For, now De Ruyter's topsails
Off naked Chatham show,
We dare not meet him with our fleet -
And this the Dutchmen know!
Shroom Man 777
Global Mod

Post by Shroom Man 777 »

Are those from those awesome series of pictures of Soviet space warships/stardestroyers that keep on popping up ever so often? :D

"Sometimes Shroomy I wonder if your imagination actually counts as some sort of war crime." - FROD
Shroom Man 777
Global Mod

Post by Shroom Man 777 »

Aka the Killer, Vic?

"Sometimes Shroomy I wonder if your imagination actually counts as some sort of war crime." - FROD
Siege
Site Admin

Post by Siege »

That's just asking for cosplay dubiousness, isn't it?
"Nick Fury. Old-school cold warrior. The original black ops hardcase. Long before I stepped off a C-130 at Da Nang, Fury and his team had set fire to half of Asia." - Frank Castle

Off naked Chatham show,
Ford Prefect

Post by Ford Prefect »

You know, I never quite made the connection that AKa the Killer would look a lot like Shana.
FEEL THESE GUNS ARCHWIND THESE ARE THE GUNS OF THE FLESHY MESSIAH THE TOOLS OF CREATION AND DESTRUCTION THAT WILL ENACT THE LAW OF MAN ACROSS THE UNIVERSE
Invictus

Post by Invictus »

Shana is half the inspiration for my creation of Aka the Killer. You can probably guess what the other half is by re-reading the article.

And lest the thread have too many posts without pictures:
Seriously, the Pope, man.
"This explanation posits that external observation leads to the collapse of the quantum wave function. This is another expression of reactionary idealism, and it's indeed the most brazen expression."
-
REBUILD OF COMIX STAGE 1 - Rey Quirino Versus the Dark Heart of the Philippines
"...a literary atrocity against the senses..." - Ford

REBUILD OF COMIX STAGE 2 - Advent Rey Returns: REVERGELTUNG
Coming NEVER
Shroom Man 777
Global Mod

Post by Shroom Man 777 »

Siege
Site Admin

Post by Siege »

I'm honestly not sure if we still have Wing Basilicas, but if we do, surely they ought to look like this:

Off naked Chatham show,
Shroom Man 777
Global Mod

Post by Shroom Man 777 »

Man, I've had that pictured since, like, forever. :P

Either Wing Basilicas, or MEGAFORTRESSES.

Invictus

Post by Invictus »

Hey, I happen to have a picture that goes with that:
"This explanation posits that external observation leads to the collapse of the quantum wave function. This is another expression of reactionary idealism, and it's indeed the most brazen expression."
-

Coming NEVER
Shroom Man 777
Global Mod

Post by Shroom Man 777 »

NOBLE SAVAGE

Invictus

Post by Invictus »

I've never heard of KEN HALE, GORILLA MAN before I created Noble Savage, I swear.

Like Rambo, Noble Savage has shot M-60s akimbo. Unlike Rambo, he shot them with his feet while swinging from tree to tree.
-

Coming NEVER
Shroom Man 777
Global Mod

Post by Shroom Man 777 »

This must happen everyday in Comix China.

It must.

Siege
Site Admin

Post by Siege »

Everything is better with tripods.

Off naked Chatham show,
Shroom Man 777
Global Mod

Post by Shroom Man 777 »

Oh man. Did the War of the Worlds correspond with the GREAT REVOLUTION in Russia? :lol:

(Maybe unlike the British, Stalin decided that the Martians were ideologically incorrect and didn't bother whatevering their wreckages! :P)

Siege
Site Admin

Post by Siege »

Also:

Off naked Chatham show,
Booted Vulture

Post by Booted Vulture »

Have we had that image before? it looks familiar.
Ah Brother! It's been too long!
Siege
Site Admin

Post by Siege »

Having just quickly scanned the thread it doesn't seem that we have, although you might be familiar with it -- it's concept art from the War of the Worlds: Goliath animated movie. The huge floaty thing in the middle is the Leviathan, a Dreadnought-class battle zeppelin.

Off naked Chatham show,
Malchus
Location: In a chibi-land, eating the brains of H. P. Wuvcwaft.

Post by Malchus »

*sniff*

That's beautiful.

Rule, Britannia! Britannia rules the... clouds?
I admire the man, he has a high tolerance for insanity (and inanity - which he generously contributed!). ~Shroom, on my wierdness tolerance.
Siege
Site Admin

Post by Siege »

Although one cannot help but wonder about the obscene difficulties in targeting the main battery -- whose shot has to clear the bow, then plummet into thin air to hit an enemy, well, hanging in the middle of the sky somewhere. Good luck hitting anything with them 16" (I presume) shells...

Which, incidentally, raises the question of armoured belts on battle zeppelins, which it stands to reason are quite radically different from those on naval warships. Zeppelins would need protection from falling shot as well as from shots fired from below! Man, that's some heavy armouring... Or maybe not, considering zeppelins can't actually *sink*. Puncture one helium sac and all the thing will do is sink a little. Unless they're armed and armoured to a point where they're barely buoyant these things might be real hard to kill...

Off naked Chatham show,
Shroom Man 777
Global Mod

Post by Shroom Man 777 »

Would a zeppelin even have to fear AAA? If it's high in the sky, and shooting its cannons like artillery, it might be too far away from ground-base guns that have to fire upwards diagonally with the bullets having to fight gravity or something. Or, I dunno. Bah.

Siege
Site Admin

Post by Siege »

A German 8.8cm FlaK gun had an effective ceiling of 7,900 meters. That's way higher than any bombardment zeppelin is realistically (ha!) going to be operating at during, say, WW1, at least not if it wants to hit something. Now granted they didn't actually have 88's during WW1, but all the same and given the generally accelerated level of technological development of Comix! Earth I seriously doubt that such airships could do away with armouring entirely. If only because it'd be real embarassing to have your grand gun zeppelin shot down by the Red Baron in his dinky triplane fighter.

Off naked Chatham show,
Shroom Man 777
Global Mod

Post by Shroom Man 777 »

Waldo makes me wonder if MALACHUSCHUS' character, the paraplegic Linda Valen, can develop the lower limb version of remote controlled arm manipulators, like remote controlled foot manipulators for kicking people, then people would end up calling these things Lindas.

Malchus
Location: In a chibi-land, eating the brains of H. P. Wuvcwaft.

Post by Malchus »

Shroom Man 777 wrote:Waldo makes me wonder if MALACHUSCHUS' character, the paraplegic Linda Valen, can develop the lower limb version of remote controlled arm manipulators, like remote controlled foot manipulators for kicking people, then people would end up calling these things Lindas.
Her parents eventually want to replace her legs with robotic ones (with artificial skin designed to look real and artificial sensory nerves). They're just waiting for her to stop growing so they won't have to keep replacing them every year. As an intermediate step, though, she will later wear a robotic frame over her legs (pretty much just the lower half of a robotic suit) to get her used to walking and allow her parents to get some data before they install the permanent ones after she stops growing.

Would all these lead to lame "my girlfriend has killer legs" jokes from Bas? Yes.
I admire the man, he has a high tolerance for insanity (and inanity - which he generously contributed!). ~Shroom, on my wierdness tolerance.
Shroom Man 777
Global Mod

Post by Shroom Man 777 »

I'm not sure if it can or can't beat being called "Wheels" by VG. :P