(MOAR) Mad Ideas!

Moderators: Shroom Man 777, Ford Prefect

Heretic

Re: (MOAR) Mad Ideas!

Post by Heretic »

Isn't there already Lovecraftian stuff in Comix already? what type of locales are you thinking of?
Computers are like Old Testament gods; lots of rules and no mercy.
-Joseph Campbell
Shroom Man 777
Global Mod

Post by Shroom Man 777 »

Exactly. The game Arkham Horror has places like the Miskatonic University, and other Lovecraft-verse locales like restaurants with bad sanitary control and dysentery-food, general stores, haunted graveyards, woods full of buttraping gangsters, etc. In the board game you travel around these areas with your investigator characters and kill monsters and close gates. And I was thinking these places, and even some of the characters in the Arkham game (denizens of the Miskatonic area), could be incorporated into the current Crosspoints Cthulthoid stuff as a homage or something, or used as plots.

"Sometimes Shroomy I wonder if your imagination actually counts as some sort of war crime." - FROD
Malchus
Location: In a chibi-land, eating the brains of H. P. Wuvcwaft.

Post by Malchus »

Well, if you have some ideas you can go ahead and have fun with the MABRT and company, Shroom. I've been too busy with medical stuff and work stuff lately to really hang out online that much (and I still need to catch up with Vic's ADVENT REY, dammit).
I admire the man, he has a high tolerance for insanity (and inanity - which he generously contributed!). ~Shroom, on my wierdness tolerance.
Czernobog

Post by Czernobog »

Does anybody have any idea what Comixverse NYC is like? I don't recall any characters being active there (aside from Doctor Difference) or anything else touching on it.

Just a random question, possibly touching on a character I'm developing.
You have ruled this galaxy for ten thousand years.
You have little of account to show for your efforts.
Order. Unity. Obedience.
We taught the galaxy these things.

And we shall do so again.
Booted Vulture

Post by Booted Vulture »

can't remember any heroes there. maybe we are all subverting marvel's tropes in this department

just don't blow it up, mmmkay?
Ah Brother! It's been too long!
Mobius 1
Global Mod

Post by Mobius 1 »

Hahahahaha, I can contribute something to OZC. My one character that's still canon has NYC as his protected city - The Wayward Son. New York had tons of terrible things happen in the 90s like separatr Martian and Damask invasions, along with DEATHCORE trying to take over the city for a week before being smote by Elvis. But I'm sure by the early 2010s things have chilled enough that it's an average city -

- at least compared to CROWTALON -

- because one of the most powerful heroes in OZC is watching over it.
SHADOW TEMPEST BLACK || STB2: MIDNIGHT PARADOX
The day our skys fe||, the heavens split to create new skies.
Invictus

Post by Invictus »

Czernobog wrote:Does anybody have any idea what Comixverse NYC is like? I don't recall any characters being active there (aside from Doctor Difference) or anything else touching on it.

Just a random question, possibly touching on a character I'm developing.
Doctor Difference isn't "active" per se but if Andrews happens to be in the office while shit goes down downtown, then yeah, he'll be there.
"This explanation posits that external observation leads to the collapse of the quantum wave function. This is another expression of reactionary idealism, and it's indeed the most brazen expression."
-
REBUILD OF COMIX STAGE 1 - Rey Quirino Versus the Dark Heart of the Philippines
"...a literary atrocity against the senses..." - Ford

REBUILD OF COMIX STAGE 2 - Advent Rey Returns: REVERGELTUNG
Coming NEVER