{General} Mad ideas

Moderators: Shroom Man 777, Ford Prefect

Shroom Man 777
Global Mod

Re: {General} Mad ideas

Post by Shroom Man 777 »

SOMETHING DIFFERENT FOR A CHANGE

I was thinking that Black Helicopters (and Raptor Xs) don't really look good stealthing around with the typical optic camoflage effects, the whole Predator/Romulan blurry stuff.

I was thinking that it would be cooler if they did their stealthing... off-screen, and that when they de-cloaked, no one would see them until they entered the screen all wooshing and flying low and stuff.

The effects of how they disappear from sight, whether through slow blurring away or sudden blinking into invisibility, wouldn't really be seen. And this would be ascribed to the use of their transdimensional technology, namely their C-space holding bays vomit out a pocket space where they can hide in.

So they're nowhere in visual range and they're slightly below the conventional wavelengths of reality. They would still be there, though.

So that's why when in this stealth mode, the Helos and the Raptors make use of transdimensional radars to navigate. It's a double blind and conventional sensors can't see "the other side". Transdimensional radars help the pilots not fly into mountains, it helps them see the conventional world while they're in their pocket of invisibility.

Transdimensional radars also help Raptors engage opponents who are similarly cloaked through transdimensional trickery, by using fire-control systems that guide their missiles and guns to the "right angles of reality"

So normal radar allows them to engage opponents BVR - Beyond Visual Range. While Trans-D radar allows them to engage opponents BDR - Beyond Dimensional Range.

The problem with their cloaking and their C-space bomb bays is that the precise mechanism of how it works isn't really understood or something, sort of how certain real-life medicines aren't understood but are used all the time. And maintenance crews servicing Raptor Xs sometimes end up disappearing without a trace when inspecting the bomb bays.

FROD: TRANSYUGGOTHIAN ENGINEERING

Of course, engaging targets on other dimensions is energy intensive and if a cloaked Raptor tries to hit an uncloaked object by using active dimensional radar, then the person on the other side can trace the radar line and conceivably shoot the Raptor that is in another dimension

targets on other dimensions could also engage Raptors in the real wold if the Raptors are trying to get an interdimensional lock-on

So it might be better to de-cloak before engaging, or something.

Of course, it's a bit crazy and all that. But I think it's amusing.

ANYWAY. Black Helos, by virtue of being older, might end up getting the first generation version of these dimensional devices. So they're not as stealthy, they can only hide in the shallower wavelengths of reality and will be more visible to trans-d radars. Their cloaks might also be power-hungry, so if the juice runs out, they might have to use other stealthing systems.

Raptor Xs, since they're considerably more modern, can sustain this field for much longer times and will be harder to pick up on trans-d radar. But because they're "deeper" in the wavelengths of reality, they would interact with the "other side" more. The "other side" would have strange esoteric physics, non-Euclidean aerodynamics and stuff, and so the Raptors might need 4-Dimensional Thrust Vectoring.

It's totally strange, yeah.

Guys like Saint and other military guys are wary of dimensional tech because Raptor Xs don't leave wreckage when they're shot down. When the dimensional devices get too damaged, they do strange and bad things. So no one wants any that'll malfunction and absorb the crew.

And the SDI isn't so forthcoming with their safety records.

It's expensive and it's really experimental. Like how the F-15s were recalled when their airframes were fouling up, it would suck for an expensive uberfighter to get recalled due to a peculiarity in its Trans-Yuggothian engineering.

There would be precautions to ensure Cthulthoids don't drop out of the bomb bays.

"Sometimes Shroomy I wonder if your imagination actually counts as some sort of war crime." - FROD
Malchus
Location: In a chibi-land, eating the brains of H. P. Wuvcwaft.

Post by Malchus »

But the Cthulhemrroids and Trans-yuggothian nasties have a decidedly different origin in the Comix world, mang. They don't exist in every nook and cranny of every alternate or pocket verse, waiting to do untold nasties to anyone using technologies to create such pocket universes. The only alternate universes the Comixverse Lovecraftianoids have anything to do with currently are R'lyeh (which, in OZC, is just a big pocket universe stasis chaber of sorts) and the Dreamlands (in OZC, born out of the dreams of the guys sleeping in R'lyeh).

The C-space tech wasn't linked before to either of those, and I doubt the designers would do something as stupid as to store whatever is in such compartments in either R'lyeh or the Dreamlands (where eldtritch obscenities might stumble upon it and eat it or something). That's pretty much Star Trek engineering level of stupidity right there. Especially since the C-space compartment of a Black Helo is a passenger compartment. There are other, safer, alternate 'verses to store things in Shroom, and I was under the impression that C-space generated its own miniverse pocket dimension, with only the entrace being rooted in our dimension.

As for the wreckage issue, since the C-space compartment is in its own little verse then all the damage to said compartment should be contained within that verse. When the C-space generator or whatever goes down, then that whole verse loses its link to ours and drifts apart as a separate universe. This, I think, is one of the reasons the Delta X survived Antrozous blowing up its entire C-space missile bay. Most of the damage happened in the miniverse of said missile bay, not to Delta X itself.
I admire the man, he has a high tolerance for insanity (and inanity - which he generously contributed!). ~Shroom, on my wierdness tolerance.
Shroom Man 777
Global Mod

Post by Shroom Man 777 »

I wasn't entirely serious about the whole Lovecraftianoids crawling out of Raptor X bomb bays :P

But still, it's crazy technology that even Anthony Saint hates. There could be realty-inversions or TIME PARADOXES or a permanent inability to shift back to "meat space" when the C-space devices are screwed up with.
As for the wreckage issue, since the C-space compartment is in its own little verse then all the damage to said compartment should be contained within that verse. When the C-space generator or whatever goes down, then that whole verse loses its link to ours and drifts apart as a separate universe. This, I think, is one of the reasons the Delta X survived Antrozous blowing up its entire C-space missile bay. Most of the damage happened in the miniverse of said missile bay, not to Delta X itself.
How can the compressed space still exist when the machine that creates it (the Black Helo passenger compartment or the Raptor X missile bay) has been destroyed?

Perhaps the c-space pockets are pre-made and designated, and the Black Helos and the Raptors' devices merely 'connect' to these remote pockets by dial-up? :D

Maybe the c-space weapons bay of the Raptors are constantly supplied by a c-space connection to an SDI c-space arsenal or magazine or stockpile. Likewise with the Black Helos. But that would present a problem. See, if the pocket dimensions connect to more than one point in real-space, then we would create an effective form of teleportation.

That would be weird ass shit. I mean, if the Blacksuits ride in Black Helos that are also personal translocators and they can connect to Blacksuit facilities... eh. It's not beyond Comix tech, but it's just weird.

BUT. Big Butts!

The compressed space pocket dimension could be manufactured together with the Black Helos and the Raptor Xs. Inside the Helos and the Raptors are machines that generate the pocket dimensions, and then they BUILD machines IN the pocket dimensions to maintain the pocket dimensions. So if the Raptors or the Helos are destroyed, there is a possibility that the compressed space inside them will survive.

But the machine in real-space won't exist anymore... so basically the c-space pocket will be lost forever. UNLESS it is reconnected. Anyway, the point is moot. Effectively, if a Raptor X is physically destroyed in this dimension, then whatever it has in the other dimension would be effectively lost. An interdimensional search and salvage/recovery mission might be possible... or something. It'd be complicated. In the case of a blown up Black Helo, it would be an interdimensional search and rescue.

Anyway, Raptor Xs (or Black Helos) and their compressed-space pockets are basically two sides of the same coin. Except each side is on a different dimension.

ENOUGH RANTING!

"Sometimes Shroomy I wonder if your imagination actually counts as some sort of war crime." - FROD
Siege
Site Admin

Post by Siege »

Not so much a stand-alone Mad Idea but more something I don't want to oveburden the Lord Fahrenheit thread with: How about WW1 was partly the result of a high degree of animosity between Germany and Britain over the War of the Worlds? The whole affair goes down in 1900, the world then finds out that Britain had known about the invasion in advance, and didn't tell anyone (excepting, possibly, its allies, which Germany would definitely not be).

Germany would be frickin' pissed, because it gets dicked over most severely by the Martians, whereas the British manage to escape with much less damage thanks to the preparations they'd made.

Personally I can easily see this happen- Hell, I'd trust the War Office of the time to actually see the Invasion as a way to gain an advantage over Germany. After all, if the Kaiser is done in by the Martians, that's one opponent down in the Great Game, right? So in that fashion, the Invasion only serves to further increase the antagonism between Germany and Britain; if Germany then loses WW1, can you imagine how pissed they'd be by Versailles? After all that treaty then means they didn't get dicked over once, but twice by the British, in the course of twenty years. Bang, plenty cause for WW2.

It works for me...
"Nick Fury. Old-school cold warrior. The original black ops hardcase. Long before I stepped off a C-130 at Da Nang, Fury and his team had set fire to half of Asia." - Frank Castle

For, now De Ruyter's topsails
Off naked Chatham show,
We dare not meet him with our fleet -
And this the Dutchmen know!
Mobius 1
Global Mod

Post by Mobius 1 »

Do we, in the OZC, have a hard-on or something for completely subverting history? Surely, World War One is a lot more complex that 'lol Germans and Brits hate each other'. It's an ass-big weave of alliances and nationalism- Germany and Italy (though the latter managed managed to wiggle out of their alliances and stay neutral), for example, had only just reunited and were two new power-grabbing names in the rivalry of imperialism, a powderkeg waiting to blow.

These people already had an excuse for war. Hell, look at the Schlieffen Plan- they were so obsessed with a possible war that the German generals were already putting plans into motion in the event of an outbreak. Quite frankly, the antagonism is already there, both pre WWI and pre WWII. You simply don't need Martians and weakened powers leading to a British invasion of Germany to provoke the war: you have enough reason in the real world.

Now, if the two Imperial Powers want to use their antagonism against each other, you could simply place it in the context of the war that already exists- everybody using the Balkan assassination to pay back old grudges.
SHADOW TEMPEST BLACK || STB2: MIDNIGHT PARADOX
The day our skys fe||, the heavens split to create new skies.
Siege
Site Admin

Post by Siege »

Mobius 1 wrote:These people already had an excuse for war.
... which just went right out of the window, because both Great Powers were attacked by, you know, a vastly technologically superior extra-terrestrial invasion force.

Do you really think I don't know about the myriad causes for WW1 in OTL? I mean, this is me, the guy obsessed with the 19th century, you know. A Martian invasion in 1900 would be more than enough to cause Germany and Britain to, if not exactly like eachother, at least put off going to war and killing millions of each other's people.

PS: And what the hell is this with the "weakened powers leading to a British invasion of Germany"? Whoever said anything as utterly stupid as that?

PPS: Also, if you have an issue with subverting history, you ought to have complained when we retconned the French Revolution into a win for the House of Bourbon. Right now I'm having a hell of a time explaining the look of Europe without the Revolution, the Terror and subsequent rise of Napoleon Bonaparte. No Napoleon means no involvement of Britain on the continent (as part of the Coalitions), it means no Bourbon Restoration and no July Revolution, no Second Republic, no Second Empire with its inane Bonapartism and consequently no Franco-Prussian War, which ultimately means no reason for many of the grievances that caused WW1. Without Bonaparte and his conquests the entirety of Europe looks different: no Napoleonic Codes, no widespread use of the metric system, no frickin' Congress of Vienna- hell, maybe no German Reunification.

If anything, I'm trying to find reasons why history did not diverge as much as it should have. E.g. the King of France was such a magnificient dick that he caused Europe to band together in Coalitions not dissimilar to those formed against Napoleon, the metric system is a result of the Clockwork War, and the War of the Worlds only served to divide Britain and Germany further, rather than give them a reason to kiss and make up. Etcetera.

Seriously, I'm not making things up for the hell of it, so don't insult my intelligence by treating me like I don't know what I'm talking about here.
"Nick Fury. Old-school cold warrior. The original black ops hardcase. Long before I stepped off a C-130 at Da Nang, Fury and his team had set fire to half of Asia." - Frank Castle

Off naked Chatham show,
Mobius 1
Global Mod

Post by Mobius 1 »

On one hand, I totally made a mistake in confusing the Martian Invasion with a whole new invasion, which is my fault. :)
Shroom Man 777
Global Mod

Post by Shroom Man 777 »

Quick editing there, Moby. :P

I find that whole British foreknowledge thing to be pretty good. If the Brits were such dicks as to exploit the immediate post-WotW period for all sorts of dickeries and capitalization, then yeah - the krauts would have reasons to declare war. It's pretty good, yeah.

When did the Clockwork Franco-Prussian war happen? Maybe France also managed to come out not-so-scathed, thanks to their secret Clockworks, which means that Germany would be at a severe advantage, being the ultimate losers.

Imagine, your fellow continental countries practically abandoning you to the aliens. Who wouldn't get pissed?

*mentions something about inserting House von Reagan into all that*

But Moby does have a point. We already have the WotW, the Clockwork Wars, and the incorporation of various HG Wells novels into the 19th century. Can we now, like, limit further alterations into the distant past before things get too strange? Modern day Comix is still supposed to resemble real-life a *little* bit.

Siege
Site Admin

Post by Siege »

Shroom Man 777 wrote:When did the Clockwork Franco-Prussian war happen?
You mean the Franco-Prussian War? 19 July 1870 - 10 May 1871. For the record, this is a different conflict than the Clockwork War, which was more of a proto-cyberwar between British and French inventors in 1850.
But Moby does have a point. We already have the WotW, the Clockwork Wars, and the incorporation of various HG Wells novels into the 19th century. Can we now, like, limit further alterations into the distant past before things get too strange? Modern day Comix is still supposed to resemble real-life a *little* bit.
Frankly I don't think 'too strange' and 'comix' should ever be uttered in the same breath, but I'm certainly not about to add an abundance of extra oddness to the 19th century at this point. Well, nothing major, anyway. There is that "British airships battle dragon sorceror character in the Hindu Kush" thing I was thinking about...

Off naked Chatham show,
Shroom Man 777
Global Mod

Post by Shroom Man 777 »

SiegeTank wrote:You mean the Franco-Prussian War? 19 July 1870 - 10 May 1871. For the record, this is a different conflict than the Clockwork War, which was more of a proto-cyberwar between British and French inventors in 1850.
So with their Clockworks, the French could've withstood the Martian Invasion better than the Germans.
Frankly I don't think 'too strange' and 'comix' should ever be uttered in the same breath, but I'm certainly not about to add an abundance of extra oddness to the 19th century at this point. Well, nothing major, anyway. There is that "British airships battle dragon sorceror character in the Hindu Kush" thing I was thinking about...
That's alright. You already went and gave them flying ships anyway, so taking on crazy Hindu turbaned Musslemen on dragons and flying carpets is pretty cool.

Siege
Site Admin

Post by Siege »

Shroom Man 777 wrote:So with their Clockworks, the French could've withstood the Martian Invasion better than the Germans.
I hadn't thought of this possibility, but it would work nicely. Besides, clockwork robots tackling tripods would be pretty cool.
That's alright. You already went and gave them flying ships anyway, so taking on crazy Hindu turbaned Musslemen on dragons and flying carpets is pretty cool.
I need to write something on Her Majesty's Aerial Corps of India and its intrepid captains who fight harrowing battles against Afghani air pirates, Tibetan vampires, and Chinese dragon-sorcerors...

Off naked Chatham show,
Shroom Man 777
Global Mod

Post by Shroom Man 777 »

I hope the Brits don't get too many airships though.

I've been thinking, just a little, about Russia and Vladimir Putin's war on vampires. I'm thinking that it would be pretty shit if vampires ended up being innumerable massed mooks like in the Blade movie, whose shits can be ruined just by any chick with an mp3 player and a arc-wielder-crossbow. I think with the whole Ordo Nosferatu shit, we can have vampires being a much rarer population, generally more secretive or something (I mean, sure, they're just about as weird as metahumans... but the fact that they suck blood would lend to them being discriminated against or something). You'd have them cloistered around groups or secret societies like the Ordo, or traveling in quiet packs or families - maybe like that Twilight shot.

Point is, Russian Spetznas won't be blowing up vampires every week.

I'm thinking that Russia would have something far worse. A general culture war between normal humanity and stuff that goes bump in the night. I always thought Russia was the closest real-life equivalent to the Imperial of Man from Warhammer 40,000, and I think we can do one better in Comix. Not just vampires, but also stuff like cults to the fell gods, gypsies, doomsayers, gene-splicers, rogue traders, etcetera etcetera. It'll be an all-out thing. You can have KGB agents using gypsie informants to bust down some cultists meeting in the sewers of Stalingrad or something. Nomad werewolf tribes, and the secret war between the Russkie government and the Technotheocracy as Siege said earlier on, oligarchs versus the Ordo Nosferatu, and everything!

It'd be an environment where only the strong survive, and only the strongest rule. Enter Vladimir Putin!

He'll kill you even in the shithouse!

Also, guys! Remember how North Sea City was supposed to be an aggregate bunch of sea platforms clustered around gradually, as part of some kind of environmental effort?

With technology being accelerated in Comix, it might be so that by the 50s or the 60s or the 70s and 80s, that carbon consumption might exceed what of what we have now in real-life. Imagine Los Angeles in the 80s, with smoke stacks and shit! BRADE RUNNER! This would be why Anthony Andrews and Hero Labs started their anti-Global Warming initiative in the 90s, because the effects of climate change were really shitty or something. We could've had dieselpunk before turning over to fusion.

With the ravages of the environment, particularly under the Ronald von Reagan administration, we could see a lot of hippies and folks led by Al Gore or something to form some kind of equivalent to that biodome project. They'd get a platform in the North Sea, get it together with those pot-smoking hippie Europeans, and start their own thang - with blackjack and hookers!

Of course, with the advent of fusion, the whole hippie eco-thing became moot and now the place is a crime-ridden technoir shithole where Seth Shaitan kills Japanese assassin whores and stuff.

Siege
Site Admin

Post by Siege »

I'm down with North Sea City having its seedier districts, but the whole city most definitely shouldn't be a crime-ridden hellhole - it can't be, because it's sitting in the middle of one of the world's busiest and most economically important bodies of water: the North Sea itself.

North Sea City should be treated like Andorra or some other minuscule city-state: it's sovereign all right, but it definitely can't do whatever it wants without taking into account the opinions of surrounding nations, or else Britain* is going to swoop in and ruin its shit.

* Because that is what Britain does best.

Off naked Chatham show,
Shroom Man 777
Global Mod

Post by Shroom Man 777 »

Maybe after the eco-hippies had their funk ruined by Andrews basically ruining Global Warming for everyone, they could've left and North Sea City ended up being bought by The Corporations?

It could be, leik, the San Dorado of Comix! :D

(I totally want to shove some SDN Worldisms into Comix. Like HUEG Kittens!)

Siege
Site Admin

Post by Siege »

Right, so Shroom and I have been brain-storming (again) about Joseph Stalin, who goes from savior of Russia and the socialist sorcerer surpreme to insane crazyman who ruthlessly purges his own friends, and we derived a Darth Vader-style epic tale of fall and redemption from it.

The gist of it: Stalin began his rise to greatness as the apprentice of the former socialist sorcerer, Vladimir Lenin. He stood at Lenin's side when he battled against Rasputin at Tunguska, and eventually replaced Lenin after his master died/went to sleep/whatever. He lead the Rodina to great heights, obliterating Hitler at the gates of Berlin (in single sorcerous combat), but over the course of his career the ghosts of his past came back to torment him, conspiring even to drive him insane (lingering remnants of the ghosts of Hitler and Rasputin, a thousand raving spirits of murdered Tsars bound to the walls of the Kremlin, etc.)

However when Stalin is at the verge of losing his very soul to the darkness, the ghost of Lenin returns to draw him back to the light and, in the epic battle of Second Tunguska, redeems Stalin's soul! Stalin then proceeds to become One with The Communism!

LENIN: No. You're coming with me. I'll not leave you here, I've got to save you.
STALIN: You already... have, comrade. You were right. You were right about me. Tell your sister... you were right.

:D

Off naked Chatham show,
Shroom Man 777
Global Mod

Post by Shroom Man 777 »

Lenin will be an ancient sorcerer who is, like, a thousand years old - having worked through time and space and throughout history to ensure the safety of the Motherland or something. But he will die of old age and he will pass his legacy on to his greatest student, the man he has been searching all his life for so he could teach him everything he knows. Stalin.

Lenin will hand him the Soviet Socialist Sorcerer's Stone and stuff.

It'll be totally awesome! We'll fuck history and reality in the eyeball!

Magister Militum

Post by Magister Militum »

Does this also mean then that Hitler is some sort of sorcerer? If so, does this mean that Nazi occultism, such as the Thule Society, were all that they were cracked up to be?
Democratic Socialist | Atheist | Transhumanist | Bright Green Environmentalist | Worldbuilder | IT Professional |

Germania your game is through, now you're gonna answer to... The Freestates! Fuck Yeah! Now lick my balls and suck on my cock! Freestates, Fuck Yeah! Coming in to save the motherfuckin' day! Rock and roll, fuck yeah! Television, fuck yeah! DVDs, fuck yeah! Militums, fuck yeah! - Shroomy
Siege
Site Admin

Post by Siege »

Magister Militum wrote:Does this also mean then that Hitler is some sort of sorcerer? If so, does this mean that Nazi occultism, such as the Thule Society, were all that they were cracked up to be?
Yes. Well, at least to the extent that Hitler ought to be a sorcerer of some significant power. Otherwise that battle in front of the gates of Berlin would be a curbstomp, and that would be pitiful. It should be an epic battle, worthy of song! In which Stalin ultimate blows Hitler apart and clears the way for his vengeful armies.

(Hitlers bodyparts would subsequently become items quested after by Nazi sorcerors for their innate power. The jawbone of Hitler - the bone that slew A THOUSAND COMMUNISTS!)

Off naked Chatham show,
Mobius 1
Global Mod

Post by Mobius 1 »

You've got to be joking, right? :) I mean, just tell me it's all a good laugh, please.
Shroom Man 777
Global Mod

Post by Shroom Man 777 »

No, actually we're not. I don't think we'll actually really specifically deal with this insanity, but I think it WILL be there and it'll be played for laughs.

I mean, those who are "in the know" in Comix! might mention off-handedly how the greatest leaders of the USSR were some of the mightiest socialist sorcerers of all time. Daniel Stephenson and Hiram Richards might mention them in respectful tones.

Maybe this is why Ronnie von Reagan secretly broke the START 3 treaty by actually storing all the "disarmed" nuclear weapons in Castle von Reagan, overlooking Hollywood Hills. The nuclear weapons would NOT be disarmed and Castle von Reagan would actually be capable of launching ALL OF THEM AT ONCE in the eventuality of Stalin's second coming - something von Reagan himself would've feared. He would've outlawed the Soviet Union and bombing would've commenced in five minutes, if Stalin did come back.

Of course, it didn't happen and Ronnie developed Alzheimers and ended up communicating exclusively in German (actually, a dialect of German used only by off-world human populations originating from medieval Scandinavian-Germanic peoples spirited away by Grey aliens, Stargate style) while deregulating all sorts of environmental laws, turning his beloved home state of California and LA specifically into a cyberpunk hellhole where they drill oil and build massive fire-belching smokestacks...

Oh, and before fusion gets invented, Los Angeles will have its own equivalent of the Kuwaiti oil field fires, when those Blade Runner-style smokestacks start burning and stuff. It'll be a horrific ecological disaster and all those environmentalist activist celebrities in Hollywood will end up getting rained on by acid water. Which probably explains all the cosmetic surgery...

Magister Militum

Post by Magister Militum »

Shroom Man 777 wrote:No, actually we're not. I don't think we'll actually really specifically deal with this insanity, but I think it WILL be there and it'll be played for laughs.

I mean, those who are "in the know" in Comix! might mention off-handedly how the greatest leaders of the USSR were some of the mightiest socialist sorcerers of all time. Daniel Stephenson and Hiram Richards might mention them in respectful tones.

Maybe this is why Ronnie von Reagan secretly broke the START 3 treaty by actually storing all the "disarmed" nuclear weapons in Castle von Reagan, overlooking Hollywood Hills. The nuclear weapons would NOT be disarmed and Castle von Reagan would actually be capable of launching ALL OF THEM AT ONCE in the eventuality of Stalin's second coming - something von Reagan himself would've feared. He would've outlawed the Soviet Union and bombing would've commenced in five minutes, if Stalin did come back.

Of course, it didn't happen and Ronnie developed Alzheimers and ended up communicating exclusively in German (actually, a dialect of German used only by off-world human populations originating from medieval Scandinavian-Germanic peoples spirited away by Grey aliens, Stargate style) while deregulating all sorts of environmental laws, turning his beloved home state of California and LA specifically into a cyberpunk hellhole where they drill oil and build massive fire-belching smokestacks...

Oh, and before fusion gets invented, Los Angeles will have its own equivalent of the Kuwaiti oil field fires, when those Blade Runner-style smokestacks start burning and stuff. It'll be a horrific ecological disaster and all those environmentalist activist celebrities in Hollywood will end up getting rained on by acid water. Which probably explains all the cosmetic surgery...
Okay, I'm all for having some fun with Comix! every now and then, but this is really starting to get out of hand fast. I mean, really now, this has now evolved from general nuttery to absolute madness.
Democratic Socialist | Atheist | Transhumanist | Bright Green Environmentalist | Worldbuilder | IT Professional |

Germania your game is through, now you're gonna answer to... The Freestates! Fuck Yeah! Now lick my balls and suck on my cock! Freestates, Fuck Yeah! Coming in to save the motherfuckin' day! Rock and roll, fuck yeah! Television, fuck yeah! DVDs, fuck yeah! Militums, fuck yeah! - Shroomy
Vagrant Orpheus

Post by Vagrant Orpheus »

If Lenin is a great sorcerer, that could explain how the Red Star Nagants are able to shoot COMMUNIST LASERS. And I'm all for LA being as hellholish as it can be. This is CROW TERRITORY, DAMNIT!
Shroom Man 777
Global Mod

Post by Shroom Man 777 »

The resulting ecological disaster could've made LA literally a "No Mang's Land" y'know.

But a decade after that, with fusion and stuff, all those smokestacks will be gone and the Anti-Global Warming initiative will have made LA habitable to (sane) humans again. So, yeah, it's okay.

Those giant smokestacks and oil platforms will be moved to North Sea City... or the Philippines.

Remember how the Rey Quirino story had monsters come out of the trees? Well, because of that the Cebu provincial government decided to outlaw trees - causing many many days of deforestation and an insane urbanization initiative. So my hometown becomes a polluted and desecrated metropolized cyberpunk shithole, with smokestacks! :lol:

It will be an aesop or something, with some kind of moral lesson.

Vagrant Orpheus

Post by Vagrant Orpheus »

But... but... I don't want LA to become nicer :(

I want it to remain such a festering hellhole that if the city were to be transported to a hell dimension, with demon gangs roaming the streets, the residents more or less wouldn't care too much :P

I mean, sure, Crowtalon is all Gothic-y and Gotham-y. But I want LA to be like Bludhaven or something!
Shroom Man 777
Global Mod

Post by Shroom Man 777 »

Nicer is a relative term. It'll still be a shithole.