The Ship Yard

Moderators: Shroom Man 777, Ford Prefect

Shroom Man 777
Global Mod

Re: The Ship Yard

Post by Shroom Man 777 »

She might like having to... eherm, educate, that big kid :D

"Sometimes Shroomy I wonder if your imagination actually counts as some sort of war crime." - FROD
Malchus
Location: In a chibi-land, eating the brains of H. P. Wuvcwaft.

Post by Malchus »

And not really having much of such "education" with real women, Hiram has no idea what to do. At all. :lol:
I admire the man, he has a high tolerance for insanity (and inanity - which he generously contributed!). ~Shroom, on my wierdness tolerance.
Peregrin

Post by Peregrin »

The Hiram/Clarisse pairing sounds like an excellent premise for... you know, a story that's a bit like The 40-Year Old Virgin gone all... Fortean-alchemo-splatter-punk. Yeah, I'm not that inspired right now.
"You could not step twice into the same river; for other waters are ever flowing on to you." - Heraclitus
Shroom Man 777
Global Mod

Quotations thread

Post by Shroom Man 777 »

I have all sorts of disjointed scenes in my head, with action or dialogue and shit, and I'd hate to have to forget them. I'm sure you guys have too. I'm constantly ruminating over FIDELIS and over a chat with Vic, I finally put to paper a piece of dialog I've had in my brain for more than a few days.

Amy Gardener: "How do you do it? How do you survive?"

Fidel Castro: "There's only one rule in the battlefield, survive. It's either live or die, and war doesn't give you much of a choice. If it's your time, then it's your time, but you can't stop fighting. You have to keep on going, you can't stop, ever, because if you do, then that's when you choose to give up. There's no choice. No one chooses to die.

"The only thing there is is the mission, it becomes synonymous with survival. After everything, it's the only thing you have - the only thing left. No comrades, no allies, no enemies or any enmity. Only the mission. There's nothing before it, and there's nothing after it. I guess you can call that surviving..."

Amy: "Fidel Castro, half-monk half-hitman."

Fidel: "But no hero."

*lights cigar*

Fidel: "Just a soldier."
Amy: "You just can't get out of it, you know? After everything you've done, everything you've been through, there's no normalcy. You can't just go back home and pretend that everything's normal, that nothing's happened, that you don't have blood on your hands. If you do, then you're just lying to yourself. So I tried to be honest, I went back in.

"Now I can't stay in any one place for too long, I have to be on the move all the time. I've got six passports with me right now, all with different faces, different names. Every time I get a new job or find a new home, I have to make a new name, make a new life to go with it too. I'm still lying to myself by trying to be "honest".

"But I guess you can still call it a life. You get used to it after a while."

EDIT:

Major props to Invictus-kun! He's a cool cat, not leik you fuckers! *grrr* :lol:

"Sometimes Shroomy I wonder if your imagination actually counts as some sort of war crime." - FROD
Shroom Man 777
Global Mod

Post by Shroom Man 777 »

Ah, the joys of Modship!

Ford Prefect

Post by Ford Prefect »

How delightfully bittersweet.
FEEL THESE GUNS ARCHWIND THESE ARE THE GUNS OF THE FLESHY MESSIAH THE TOOLS OF CREATION AND DESTRUCTION THAT WILL ENACT THE LAW OF MAN ACROSS THE UNIVERSE