So I've written an SF novel published on Amazon...

Games and stories.
Steve

So I've written an SF novel published on Amazon...

Post by Steve » Tue Nov 26, 2019 5:15 pm

I've been writing a series of novels for Daniel Gibbs' "Echoes of War" setting, depicting a crew of independent spacers operating in the neutral systems outside of the war covered in the main series.

Well, as of today, the first book is now available on Amazon for Kindle download.

"Breach of Peace" will also have a paperback edition, although we're a week or so from that being available. The good news is that the bits-and-bytes version is only $0.99!

I hope everyone will give it a try and that I've made the characters and places interesting enough to get you to come back for the other books. :) Although I must warn Shroom this is fairly strait-laced. There are politicos and admiralissimos and stuff. But there's also a left-wing ex-revolutionary, a fooking Boer engineer, and some other characters he might enjoy. ;)

Also, Russian Old Believer space pirates!

(Yeah, I'm kinda not very good at promotional stuff, I'm afraid...)
"A Radical is a man with both feet planted firmly in the air." – Franklin Delano Roosevelt

"No folly is more costly than the folly of intolerant idealism." - Sir Winston L. S. Churchill, Princips Britannia

Moderator of SDN, Former Spacebattles Super-Mod, Veteran Chatnik

wellis

Re: So I've written an SF novel published on Amazon...

Post by wellis » Thu Nov 28, 2019 7:49 am

What are they about generally? How "hard" in science are they beyond the obvious superscience of FTL?

Steve

Re: So I've written an SF novel published on Amazon...

Post by Steve » Thu Nov 28, 2019 11:49 am

wellis wrote:
Thu Nov 28, 2019 7:49 am
What are they about generally? How "hard" in science are they beyond the obvious superscience of FTL?
I'd say partway between Expanse and Star Trek. Their tech includes some energy weapons, energy shields, tractor beam-like tech, and a system for artificially reducing vvelocity without the "flip and burn" of harder SF settings. OTOH, their sublight propulsion is all basically from real life scientific theories and practice (ion, electro-plasma, and fusion-based rockets/drives). There are no replicators. Anti-matter-based power is cutting edge and nearly new. Interstelllar comms are a combination of tachyon stuff, IIRC, and quantum entanglement-based systems. Firearms, chem and magnetic, are still valued, although some hand-held energy weapons exist, including xasers (x-ray lasers) and plasma guns. Artificial gravity.
"A Radical is a man with both feet planted firmly in the air." – Franklin Delano Roosevelt

"No folly is more costly than the folly of intolerant idealism." - Sir Winston L. S. Churchill, Princips Britannia

Moderator of SDN, Former Spacebattles Super-Mod, Veteran Chatnik