ITT AMERICA

Games and stories.
Kingmaker

ITT AMERICA

Post by Kingmaker »

I was in a whimsical state of mind
__

Red sirens blared as an elevator descended into the depths of the Washington D.C. section of the Secret American Secret Bunker Defense Complex. Instead of the usual ding, the Star - Spangled Banner played as the doors open, confirming to security that the occupant was an American of the highest caliber. The collective jaws of the Secret American Security Battaltion dropped in mixed awe and horror as they saw just who it was who stepped out. He only entered the SASBDC under the direst of conditions. Lately, that had been more and more frequently.

“What is it, Mister –” The man held up a hand to cut off inquiry.

“There is no time. The Reds are attacking the Statue of Liberty. Get me to the Star Wars lab and have the New York tunnel train prepared so I can depart immediately.” The security nodded and summoned one of the electric cars used to move quickly about the SASBDC.

It was only a short drive to the Star Wars lab, as well it should be. It was one of the most important of the labs beneath the American capital. Untold quantities of money had been diverted to it under the pretense of developing a missile defense shield. It was a regrettable but necessary deception. It had cost the great man a great deal of political capital, but America was not yet ready for the unsafe technology he needed to fight the Reds. He opened the lab’s single cabinet and pulled out one of the large needles secured inside. With a grimace and a grunt of pain, he jabbed the point into his arm. The micro-organisms contained within would grant him unnatural powers for the next ten hours, but their constant use had taken a toll on his mind. Stretching out a wizened hand, he pulled a small cylinder from its mounting across the room.

“Time to be braver five minutes longer.”
Dmitri Ivanov cackled Russianly as he planted blocks of explosives atop the Statue of Liberty’s torch. He and three comrades had been selected especially for this mission. The augmentation they had received to be able to pull it off had been expensive—the Mk. 47 Communism Enhancement Implant alone cost more than a Stalin Bomba. It would all be worth it. The American symbol would crumble and the way would be paved for the glorious Soviet Union to take its rightful place.

Then a man jumped up onto the torch. Dmitri realized who it was, and his eyes widened in horror. It was a tall, wrinkled man in an immaculately tailored dark blue suit, empty-handed saved for a small metal cylinder. He glowered at the four Soviet cyborgs.

“Run, comrades! The Reagan is upon us!” Dmitri shouted. “Save yourselves.”

“Get off my statue,” Reagan growled. He lashed out with an empty hand, and a burst of force pushed Ivan Dmitriov over the side, sending the cyborg plunging to his death. With a wordless scream, Dmitri leveled his AK-4700 and emptied the entire magazine at the American president. Reagan leapt up to avoid the stream of hot lead, moving faster even than Dmitri’s People’s Ocular Cybernetic Modules could track. When he came down, a beam of meter-long burning plasma erupted from the metal cylinder he carried, fluctuating red, then white, then blue, and back again. Sacha Vassiliev and Vassili Sachev crumpled, bisected as Reagan rushed forward and cut them down.
Dmitri backed away fearfully, fumblingly frantically with another magazine as Reagan slowed advanced towards him.

“I’ve just signed into law new legislation,” the president growled. “Communists have been outlawed.” There was a red, white, and blue flash, and Dmitri’s head flew free, severed by Reagan’s plasma blade.

“Mister President!” Reagan’s earpiece said to him. “Recon aircraft have spotted the Rodina Statue crossing the Atlantic.” Reagan nodded grimly at the news. He had expected as much. He leapt from the torch to the head of the Statue of Liberty, and opened the secret hatch to the control room.

“I will be piloting the Statue myself,” he informed SASBDC defense command. With the press of a button, the Statue of Liberty sprang to lift, enormous hydraulics moving it into a fighting stance. Reagan swung the war machine around towards the Atlantic and prepared to set America’s last best hope against the Soviet Union’s own statuary war engine. It would be risky, but then, so was being president of the great United States of America. He could afford no hesitation, or the Communists would bury him.

It was time to show the Reds what peace through superior firepower really meant.
When the Cambrian measures were forming, They promised perpetual peace.
They swore, if we gave them our weapons, that the wars of the tribes would cease.
But when we disarmed They sold us and delivered us bound to our foe,
And the Gods of the Copybook Heading said: "Stick to the Devil you know."
-Rudyard Kipling
Mobius 1
Global Mod

Re: ITT AMERICA

Post by Mobius 1 »

The bombing will begin in five minutes.
SHADOW TEMPEST BLACK || STB2: MIDNIGHT PARADOX
The day our skys fe||, the heavens split to create new skies.
Heretic

Post by Heretic »

Damn. Do I see predictions of Lady Liberty firing steel boob missiles at the Kremlin's wussy fat towers? Am I seeing commies going down? Do I see fucking REAGEN give a ruskie cyborg a spanking?!

DAMN!
Computers are like Old Testament gods; lots of rules and no mercy.
-Joseph Campbell
Shroom Man 777
Global Mod

Post by Shroom Man 777 »

These great United States! :lol:

Ridiculous! Continue!

"Sometimes Shroomy I wonder if your imagination actually counts as some sort of war crime." - FROD
Kingmaker

Post by Kingmaker »

I was actually planning on this just being a short one shot. It was inspired by a bunch of people shit talking Reagan. I got back at them the internet--by posting something on a forum none of them have heard of. FUCK YEAH! Plus Reagan with a lightsaber. "Mr. Gorbachev, This. Is. SPARTA! Tear. Down. This. WALL! Or I will cut it down. With my lightsaber."

If inspiration strikes again, I'll post it in here. I'm thinking of something involving Emperor Norton dying for America's sins. Or robo-Washington fighting the ghost of Stalin.
When the Cambrian measures were forming, They promised perpetual peace.
They swore, if we gave them our weapons, that the wars of the tribes would cease.
But when we disarmed They sold us and delivered us bound to our foe,
And the Gods of the Copybook Heading said: "Stick to the Devil you know."
-Rudyard Kipling
Siege
Site Admin

Post by Siege »

Say what you want about the tenets of Reagan's philosophies on government but at least it's an ethos, but at least it has, decades after the fact, inspired some pretty crazy awesome stuff.
"Nick Fury. Old-school cold warrior. The original black ops hardcase. Long before I stepped off a C-130 at Da Nang, Fury and his team had set fire to half of Asia." - Frank Castle

For, now De Ruyter's topsails
Off naked Chatham show,
We dare not meet him with our fleet -
And this the Dutchmen know!
Shroom Man 777
Global Mod

Post by Shroom Man 777 »

Too bad that he really WAS an asshole.

"Sometimes Shroomy I wonder if your imagination actually counts as some sort of war crime." - FROD