It All Goes to Hell (Book 1 of Crimson Twilight Trilogy)

Games and stories.
Heretic

It All Goes to Hell (Book 1 of Crimson Twilight Trilogy)

Post by Heretic »

Book Description
17 year old Evy Ewing wanted a normal Supernatural romance with her mysterious vampire dream Damien Le Roi, living in eternal bliss with only minor problems like not seeing Damien for a few weeks or having to deal with various vampire families who want her particular blood for no apparent reason.

It was all well until that day when her younger nerdy brother Billy Ewing came back to Earth after being abducted by Grays and has to live with Evy and Damien because Evy and Billy's parents died from mysterious causes. And then one of her forgettable friends turned into an undead gunslinger, who seems to always break down. Oh, and Evy's cat is actually an intelligent agent for the US government, who wants to keep tabs on interspecies romance in hopes to find a hybrid to use for a super soldier program. And let's not get started on the old janitor that keeps the whole apartment complex from imploding...

And to top it all, Evy's problems increased when werewolves and vampires get into a not-so-friendly war, and signs of leprechaun biker gangs appear everywhere. Evy's center of the universe life is threatened when Steampunk hobbyist groups become the bogeymen of the supernatural.

Will the frustrated girl's life ever go back to normal, or will Evy and Damien have to adjust to life's cruel tricks as their world is turned upside down?

Gosh damnit. I think Troll's right. Once I put my hand on the keyboard, ham and cheese tumble out. This is too ridiculous..so ridiculous..I like it, but it's not what I want.

Well, this is just a draft, a little fun thing that I won't focus until as of now, but I want your guys' opinion? How silly is this right now?
Computers are like Old Testament gods; lots of rules and no mercy.
-Joseph Campbell
Czernobog

Re: It All Goes to Hell (Book 1 of Crimson Twilight Trilogy)

Post by Czernobog »

It seems very silly to me.
You have ruled this galaxy for ten thousand years.
You have little of account to show for your efforts.
Order. Unity. Obedience.
We taught the galaxy these things.

And we shall do so again.
speaker-to-trolls

Post by speaker-to-trolls »

Yeah, that's pretty damn silly, though it sounds like the setup for a supernatural drama/comedy series. Teenager and vampire boyfriend get their own place in the city, there's mould in the showers and the cooker frequently fails to produce heat, but they scowl at the place, remember how TOTALLY IN LOVE they are and move on. Then discover that some of their neighbours are a bit weird, like the guy who collects Christopher Lee memorabilia and has a shadow that seems to be a lot thinner than him. Or the old mexican janitor who talks to the sun sometimes and taps his watch whenever Damien goes past. Or that woman in the floor above who always leaves her window open and who, sometimes, you can hear screaming in the early evening and morning.
That's just the ones whose names they know.

I'll get out of control if I go on, but yeah, extremely silly but it could definitely work, you just want to know what exactly you want out of it (I have no idea what direction the show I've just described would go in).
"Little monuments may be completed by their first architects, but great ones; true ones leave their copestones to posterity. God keep me from completing anything."
Shroom Man 777
Global Mod

Post by Shroom Man 777 »

I think it's brilliant. Heretic, I swear, if you give yourself enough manic mania-fuel, pure brilliance will come out! I personally find ham and cheese to be delicious. And, yes, it is silly. Very silly. You must've known this the moment you went from the first sentence, which was Twilight, to the second sentence with her abducted-by-gray aliens brother, so you obviously were aiming for silly. :P

If you're going for something serious, or not-silly, well, what you've written isn't exactly serious or not-silly.

But if you're going silly, and come on aside from abducted-by-gray aliens brother you also gave them a US government spy cat out for hybrid supersoldiers (:P), then I think you're definitely on the right track! :mrgreen:

I think the US government spy cat should really be erudite, suave and smooth, like a slick James Bond kind of cat, a totally blackops badass cunning and cold-hearted secret agent type who's street smart, who's neither enemy nor friend', a total smooth operator who knows the ropes and who's seen all sorts of things and knows about a lot of hush-hush stuff normal people don't know. Ever seen Coraline? Kind of like that black cat there. Now that's a cool cat. 8-)

"Sometimes Shroomy I wonder if your imagination actually counts as some sort of war crime." - FROD