Invictus

Re: Heretic's SITCOM RP!

Post by Invictus »

Name: Jonathan Tracy "Chase" Vegabond

Picture: Err...

This?

Race: Homo Sapiens Executor

Universe: X999

Quick bio: Unremarkable childhood, slacker college dropout, encountered the Silver Will in a mystical online gaming experience while high, became a superpowered serial killer in reluctant defense of reality. Resists solicitations from Dragon Dukes out of misconceived attempt at maintaining self-respect. Starting up a paysite in live-action plushie snuff.

Skills: Sewing, gaming, film-making, prop design, some web design, miniature modeling, etc. Nothing practical.

Superpowers: Unorthodox Manaḥ-Javah Siddhis, Atropic Arcana, Autoinduced Hypersavantry, etc. Nothing practical.

Special Perks: Twitchy murder-sense.

NPCs:
1. Turbo Law - A tortoise.

2. Salome - A cat. Sanctioned Slumberunner. More of a roommate than a pet, with a strange and maladaptive intelligence and the ability to INCEPT into the dreams of others. Often running missions in distant places.
"This explanation posits that external observation leads to the collapse of the quantum wave function. This is another expression of reactionary idealism, and it's indeed the most brazen expression."
-
REBUILD OF COMIX STAGE 1 - Rey Quirino Versus the Dark Heart of the Philippines
"...a literary atrocity against the senses..." - Ford

REBUILD OF COMIX STAGE 2 - Advent Rey Returns: REVERGELTUNG
Coming NEVER
Heretic

Post by Heretic »

Lol, that's a funny picture, Invictus.

So far we have:

1. Void [Dakarne]

2. Justinian [Malchus *I finally got it right!]
  • a. Bell
    b. Tribonian
3. John L. Baylor [Shroom Man 777]

4. Alexander Voltaire [Speaker To Trolls]
  • a. James Chung
    b. Sarah Morrow
5. MR. TOURFF! [Booted Vulture]

6. Jonathan Tracy "Chase" Vegabond [Invictus]
  • a. Turbo Law
    b. Salome
7. Annava [Heretic]
  • a. GoBo
    b. Shinji Kawasaki

In total, there are [14] characters (excluding the Land Lady), and I say each apartment (three stories, mind you, and quite spacious) can house about 4-6 people (4 if each gets their separate rooms, 6 if they share because I think that's the number before things get too hectic, and because the Land Lady says so. More people can come if it's sleepovers or something, but no permanent residing). Preferably YOUR NPCs should stick with their important person, but arrangements can be made.

I think there's enough people to get this thing going. If anyone else wants to join, please do. So guys, do you want to choose and disperse your own and find roommates, or let a dicktator (Me or the elected dicktator of your choice) do the choosing?
Computers are like Old Testament gods; lots of rules and no mercy.
-Joseph Campbell
speaker-to-trolls

Post by speaker-to-trolls »

We could have it randomised and have each of us send you a number between one and four and you placing us in the appropriate apartment. But that's complicated, otherwise I'd say just pick out roommates ourselves.

EDIT: Alright, barring any objections, let's do this:

Room For Rent.

Spacious room in large 3 floor apartment, including kitchen, three bathrooms, large living room, etheric information and telephonics wifi internet connection as standard.

Good location near to various parts of some city or other Sitcomm City in easy reach of city centre and beach by bus.

No smokers, cultists, conspiracy theorists OR hunters of the undead, please.

Call Sarah on -199332 552331- or James on -192442 433167- or contact Alex in person or with the invocation of the bard Telie
"Little monuments may be completed by their first architects, but great ones; true ones leave their copestones to posterity. God keep me from completing anything."
Heretic

Post by Heretic »

I just realized: YOUR NPCs don't have to live with us. They could be elsewhere. All they need to do is just be plot and occasionally make contact with your main character. That way, we don't have to worry about space! But if you want to,they can come with you if you want.

Now the tough decision of whether I want to be with Dakarne or Troll...dang, this is hard.
-Joseph Campbell
Shroom Man 777
Global Mod

Post by Shroom Man 777 »

Your avatar is so cute Heretics. :D

"Sometimes Shroomy I wonder if your imagination actually counts as some sort of war crime." - FROD
Malchus
Location: In a chibi-land, eating the brains of H. P. Wuvcwaft.

Post by Malchus »

Does the apartment have a basement? Justinian wouldn't mind moving in there.
I admire the man, he has a high tolerance for insanity (and inanity - which he generously contributed!). ~Shroom, on my wierdness tolerance.
Heretic

Post by Heretic »

Does the apartment have a basement? Justinian wouldn't mind moving in there.
I dunno. Do apartments allow basements? I know attics were allowed, but what about basements? The one I lived in didn't have it.
Your avatar is so cute Heretics.
It's from Chi's Sweet Home, a Japanese cartoon about a cute cat having cute adventures with his human family.
-Joseph Campbell
Malchus

Post by Malchus »

Heretic wrote:I dunno. Do apartments allow basements? I know attics were allowed, but what about basements? The one I lived in didn't have it.
Depends on the apartment really. Some have basements instead of attics. Some have both. Some have neither.

At any rate, the attic's fine if the apartment has that instead of a basement.
I admire the man, he has a high tolerance for insanity (and inanity - which he generously contributed!). ~Shroom, on my wierdness tolerance.
Heretic

Post by Heretic »

I decided I will go with Troll. I don't think I could take having a universal room mate. :lol: Sorry Dak.
-Joseph Campbell
Siege
Site Admin

Post by Siege »

Here goes:

Name: Emeline B. Carson

Picture:

Universe: Westworlds

Bio: Daughter of the headstrong Colonel Caleb "C.C." Carson, Emeline Belle Carson grew up carefree in Nowhere Gulch as an upstanding if a little headstrong young woman -- until at age 16 it became apparent that she had been marked a Vodun Queen by the Ghede Loa, the powerful spirit-servants of le Bon Dieu. She is quite unsure about the why or what of her 'condition', but certain is that there is no escaping the Barons when they come to call on her to do their inscrutable biddings.

Superpowers: Emeline as a Vodouisant has the ability to call upon Vodun spirits to do her bidding in the Sèvis Lwa. She is however still unaccustomed to her bizarre abilities, and they are not always reliable, nor for that matter do they manifest in a particularly uniform or even logical manner. The arcane Barons, after all, are fickle and capricious.

Special Perks: Can do the damndest things with a pack of tarot cards (or for that matter any pack of ordinary cards).

NPCs:

1. Colonel Caleb "C.C." Carson -- the inflappable gentleman-adventurer, hero and former officer of the Union Cavalry is Emeline's father, a man in possession of virtually limitless quantities of gold and strange artefacts, and an exceptional shot with both the Winchester Model 1881 rifle and the Colt Lawmaker pistol.

2. Jimmy Sixkiller -- half-Indian trapper, wanderer and soul-mate (some rumours say lover); like Emeline, Jimmy seems to have attracted the attention and interest of certain supernatural actors, though in his case their actions are far less overt and, consequently, even more enigmatic.
"Nick Fury. Old-school cold warrior. The original black ops hardcase. Long before I stepped off a C-130 at Da Nang, Fury and his team had set fire to half of Asia." - Frank Castle

For, now De Ruyter's topsails
Off naked Chatham show,
We dare not meet him with our fleet -
And this the Dutchmen know!
Heretic

Post by Heretic »

Welcome aboard, Siege! You may disperse your characters as you please.

and remember folks, keep SRSS BSNSS out of this thread! No burning ideas with your eyes, no matter how ridiculous it is!
-Joseph Campbell
Siege
Site Admin

Post by Siege »

I'm thinking loft apartment; Emeline would live there, Jimmy would be there on an on/off basis, and Colonel Carson would drop by in the typically erratic way sitcom characters tend to drop by whenever the plot requires them to.
"Nick Fury. Old-school cold warrior. The original black ops hardcase. Long before I stepped off a C-130 at Da Nang, Fury and his team had set fire to half of Asia." - Frank Castle

Off naked Chatham show,
speaker-to-trolls

Post by speaker-to-trolls »

Heretic wrote:I decided I will go with Troll. I don't think I could take having a universal room mate. :lol: Sorry Dak.
"One question, can the robot pay rent? Because I don't want anybody living under my roof who can't pay for themselves, I don't see why I should shell out for his benefit."
"Well there is the fact that you're a billionaire..."
"Yes, Sarah, I am a billionaire, and do you know how I got to be a billionaire?"
"Compound interest and luck."
"Oh to hell with both of you if you're not going to back me up, you sort this out if I'm so irresponsible with money. Wait, actually, Anna, is it? You're from the future, right? I'm going to need to talk to you a little bit later about that, I'd like to know where I'll stand on a few things"
"She's not from our future, Alex".
"That remains to be seen, doesn't it Sarah?"

So should we wait until everyone has their housing sorted before we begin the game properly? With additional characters appearing as and when others join the game.
"Little monuments may be completed by their first architects, but great ones; true ones leave their copestones to posterity. God keep me from completing anything."
Shroom Man 777
Global Mod

Post by Shroom Man 777 »

I can room with anyone. Hell, I'll room with Dak's character. MISTER UNIVERSE! :mrgreen:

We need to do jobs that earn us money. To pay rent. Yes.

If we fail to pay, we become hobos who stalk the streets!

"Sometimes Shroomy I wonder if your imagination actually counts as some sort of war crime." - FROD
Heretic

Post by Heretic »

Hell, we could start right now! We can roleplay people trying to get their housing, and generally lurk around the place for a while.

Alright folks, let's start! Latecomers are welcomed!
-Joseph Campbell
Malchus

Post by Malchus »

Just one three questions before I jump in: do we have an attic or a basement? Or both? Or neither?
Heretic

Post by Heretic »

Attic.

Sorry guys, friends came over so I couldn't respond.

And Troll, I love how you took a shot at CapCap! That's so awesome!
-Joseph Campbell
Dakarne

Post by Dakarne »

I'll room with anyone. Just post something in response to my latest post and I'll roll with it.
'For the moment, mortal, they find the thought of killing me more desirable than that of killing you.'
'And what are their chances?'
'The answer to that is evident in how long they've been hesitating, wouldn't you think, mortal?'

-Anomander Rake and Ganoes Paran in Gardens of the Moon by Steven Erikson
Siege
Site Admin

Post by Siege »

My character can't room with anybody -- Westworlds might not exactly mirror the mid-19th century in terms of sensibilities, but it sure isn't appropriate for an upstanding young woman to shack up with strangers. The Colonel certainly wouldn't approve :).

Off naked Chatham show,
Czernobog

Post by Czernobog »

Name: Ludwig Karl Mayer Von Sternberg

Race: Human

Universe: Supremacy

Quick bio: Fought in his universe's WWI and WWII for the German Empire, also fought in several other wars. Commands a superhero team most of the time.

Skills: Good at strategy and tactics. Also skilled with numerous weapons.

Superpowers: Powerful mage.

Special skills/perks: Has an enchanted cavalry sabre, and knows how to use it.

YOUR NPC: 1. Valkyrie (real name Gunnhild). A Valkyrie straight out of Norse myth (not everybody knows this), covered in armour and wielding a spear that strikes with the force of a lightning-bolt. Rumoured to be his lover.
2. Fritz Edelstein. A young man, wielding the sword that the Holy Roman Emperor Friedrich Barbarossa bore into combat. The sword is abnormally sharp, and rumours say that it can cut anything. It can also summon and control up to six skeletal German soldiers from any period in Germany's history, right back to the time of Charlemagne. It can only be used every six weeks however.
You have ruled this galaxy for ten thousand years.
You have little of account to show for your efforts.
Order. Unity. Obedience.
We taught the galaxy these things.

And we shall do so again.
Shroom Man 777
Global Mod

Post by Shroom Man 777 »

Vic told me to. :P

Chekhov's Balloon says:
You know
You should make your entrance in the Sitcom RPG by crashing landing in a drop pod
Then you have to find money to pay for the damage to the common lawn

Shrüm - COCHENGO SARSAPARILLA - 王永福 says:
:D
You are a genius

Invictus

Post by Invictus »

What can I say? I'm an enabler. :lol:

Speaking of which, I should get started on this.
"This explanation posits that external observation leads to the collapse of the quantum wave function. This is another expression of reactionary idealism, and it's indeed the most brazen expression."
-
REBUILD OF COMIX STAGE 1 - Rey Quirino Versus the Dark Heart of the Philippines
"...a literary atrocity against the senses..." - Ford

REBUILD OF COMIX STAGE 2 - Advent Rey Returns: REVERGELTUNG
Coming NEVER
Malchus

Post by Malchus »

Heh heh... I just couldn't resist the opening you gave me, Shroom. :P
Booted Vulture

Post by Booted Vulture »

Dammit. You posted before I could Mal. Now my post doesn't make what little sense it did before.
Ah Brother! It's been too long!
Malchus

Post by Malchus »

Don't worry, I did a quick addition so now it fits.