Possible RPG game

Games and stories.
Lelouch vi Britannia

Re: Possible RPG game

Post by Lelouch vi Britannia »

Ryan Thunder wrote:I'll take a chunk of North America if nobody minds. Will update shortly with details.
Czernobog has already staked out Canada, the United States, and Mexico for his Phoenix Empire, and while I was toying with the map earlier, I was considering giving Alaska and Hawaii to Fin.
I ship Eino Ilmari Juutilainen x Lydia V. Litvyak.

"YOU JERK! YOU WOULDN'T KNOW SEXY IF IT BIT YOU!" - Erica Hartmann, Strike Witches
Arkitek

Post by Arkitek »

Lelouch vi Britannia wrote:
Ryan Thunder wrote:I'll take a chunk of North America if nobody minds. Will update shortly with details.
Czernobog has already staked out Canada, the United States, and Mexico for his Phoenix Empire, and while I was toying with the map earlier, I was considering giving Alaska and Hawaii to Fin.
The entire thing? Well, my bad. Northwestern Africa it is, then.
Invictus

Post by Invictus »

It can be NPC times for everyone?

(Future map updaters, do delete the labels if they get in the way)

The Dravidian Arcological Alliance has given up fighting the yearly Green Death infestations that were being borne to the southern Indian peninsula by the monsoon current. It is a small but tight-knit coalition of city states that have done their best to create completely self-contained environments to isolate their people from the worsening wilderness. It maintains a non-trivial volume of trade with the neighbouring "eco-response" polities as well as the East African coast as well as an active commercial spaceport on Sir Lanka, but is otherwise notoriously xenophobic to outsiders.

The population of The Indus Mandate has never stopped dropping since its founding, but INDRA, the computer system that controls the nation's infrastructure and resource allocation, and the caste of technocrats that maintain it, have deemed this to be an acceptable result so far. The Indus River system is being scrubbed on schedule, the drone forces that patrol the border with Novimaestrazhia are being yearly reinforced, and there is still no shortage of labour from the glut of Indian refugees fleeing the ecological meltdown of their homeland.

Greenland is an island fortress festooned with manmade cave systems and ambitious irrigation and hydropower projects, but it is also a patchwork of colonies and settlements collectively known as the Deluge Congregation. Deluge Theology is a Christianity offshoot that link the meltwaters of climate change to the imminence of a biblical reckoning. The island is currently split between two factions: moderate Delugers who wish to fully explore the material opportunities offered by retreating glaciers and export their faith through the public works of their theohydrologist-missionaries; and fundamentalist delugers who want to melt all glaciers everywhere to accelerate the coming of the reckoning. The latter are known to conduct eco-sabotage throughout Arctic Canada and other cold latitudes.
"This explanation posits that external observation leads to the collapse of the quantum wave function. This is another expression of reactionary idealism, and it's indeed the most brazen expression."
-
REBUILD OF COMIX STAGE 1 - Rey Quirino Versus the Dark Heart of the Philippines
"...a literary atrocity against the senses..." - Ford

REBUILD OF COMIX STAGE 2 - Advent Rey Returns: REVERGELTUNG
Coming NEVER
Czernobog

Post by Czernobog »

Ryan Thunder wrote:
Lelouch vi Britannia wrote:
The entire thing? Well, my bad. Northwestern Africa it is, then.
You can have the area around Alaska and western Canada if you want.
You have ruled this galaxy for ten thousand years.
You have little of account to show for your efforts.
Order. Unity. Obedience.
We taught the galaxy these things.

And we shall do so again.
Booted Vulture

Post by Booted Vulture »

and frick sudden we have a technicolour map and way too much to keep track of/
Ah Brother! It's been too long!
Shroom Man 777
Global Mod

Post by Shroom Man 777 »

fuck it, i'll take what's left of central asia

that inlined bit up to the caspian

or possibly up to the black sea

"Sometimes Shroomy I wonder if your imagination actually counts as some sort of war crime." - FROD
Invictus

Post by Invictus »

Booted Vulture wrote:and frick sudden we have a technicolour map and way too much to keep track of/
Hang on, I'll whip up a map WITH LABELS.
"This explanation posits that external observation leads to the collapse of the quantum wave function. This is another expression of reactionary idealism, and it's indeed the most brazen expression."
-

Coming NEVER
Fingolfin

Post by Fingolfin »

Some of the colors are NPCs and not actual nations. If you want the land area occupied by the NPC, say so and take them.
There is only war.
Shroom Man 777
Global Mod

Post by Shroom Man 777 »

My nation will be Central Asian cowboy militias tied together by wealthy land owner spice plantation barons, mineral prospectors, and Baikonur Kosmodrome foremen launching asteroid miners.

Backstory will be that a huge ass asteroid was about to crash on Earth, except that a band of Kazakhstani oil rig miners were sent up to space to blow it up. Most of the asteroid is now scattered in Earth orbit, except for a few that hit Earth and resulted in how fucked up the world is right now.

The nation is very libertarian, central government is non-existant, total badlands, with population centers and militias and private militaries run by wealthy families and mining companies who have nuclear missiles, a central grid of railguns (Stonehenge), and a bunch of obscene land battleship mobile mining rigs, and combat locomotives.

But mostly, the story emphasis will be Central Asian cowboys.

This happens all the time:

Plantations and tarnations, yeehaw!

"Sometimes Shroomy I wonder if your imagination actually counts as some sort of war crime." - FROD
Invictus

Post by Invictus »

Here we go.

Shroom, Ryan, Czernobog, I'll leave you to stake out your territories. Red Commissar, I've refrained from labeling the Caribbean Federation because I don't know which islands they control.
-

Coming NEVER
Shroom Man 777
Global Mod

Post by Shroom Man 777 »

Here are my thoughts.
Attachments
map 2.png
map 2.png (14.72 KiB) Viewed 22567 times

Red Commissar

Post by Red Commissar »

Regarding the Carribbean Confederation, I was just going to throw in the small islands with it, plus Jamaica and Hispaniola. I just need to see what's going on with NA before then though, since I'm just using this state to fill up space on the map.
Arkitek

Post by Arkitek »

Czernobog wrote:You can have the area around Alaska and western Canada if you want.
Works for me.
Czernobog

Post by Czernobog »

Arkitek wrote:
Czernobog wrote:You can have the area around Alaska and western Canada if you want.
Works for me.
Cool.
You have ruled this galaxy for ten thousand years.
You have little of account to show for your efforts.
Order. Unity. Obedience.
We taught the galaxy these things.

And we shall do so again.
Arkitek

Post by Arkitek »

This alright with you, Czerno?
Mobius 1
Global Mod

Post by Mobius 1 »

I've been thinking, and I believe we need some sort of event where our nations can interact that isn't World War Six. I've been pushing an Olympic-type event for the past few games now, but other ideas are welcome. But what I've seen over the past couple RPs are a couple different plotlines that don't converge and sort of whither on the vine. If we had something to work to and something to converge at we might have more success.

tl;dr: I want to get everyone in the same place so I can nuke them

But in all seriousness, what sort of plots would you guys like to do?
SHADOW TEMPEST BLACK || STB2: MIDNIGHT PARADOX
The day our skys fe||, the heavens split to create new skies.
Fingolfin

Post by Fingolfin »

Mobius 1 wrote:I've been thinking, and I believe we need some sort of event where our nations can interact that isn't World War Six. I've been pushing an Olympic-type event for the past few games now, but other ideas are welcome. But what I've seen over the past couple RPs are a couple different plotlines that don't converge and sort of whither on the vine. If we had something to work to and something to converge at we might have more success.

tl;dr: I want to get everyone in the same place so I can nuke them

But in all seriousness, what sort of plots would you guys like to do?
AT the moment, I have nothing much in mind though I was thinking of doing some short stories about life in the north and what the Dai Nippon Teikoku is doing there.

I have some ideas about dicking about in the old Russian lands in Siberia but I am still pondering how to do it.
There is only war.
Siege
Site Admin

Post by Siege »

Moby: I'd like to tie my rogue duderino in with your rogue duderino, if you don't mind.

Beyond that, the Olympics idea is actually very nice. It doesn't require writing of massive SPLOSHUNS, and it allows average people (well compared to deathkill ultra-assassins anyway) to interact with nations they might not otherwise interact with. I like that.
"Nick Fury. Old-school cold warrior. The original black ops hardcase. Long before I stepped off a C-130 at Da Nang, Fury and his team had set fire to half of Asia." - Frank Castle

For, now De Ruyter's topsails
Off naked Chatham show,
We dare not meet him with our fleet -
And this the Dutchmen know!
Lelouch vi Britannia

Post by Lelouch vi Britannia »

I wanted to make my own contribution to the ongoing nuke smuggling storyline, but writer's block seems to have gotten the better of me for the time being. The thing I had in mind prior to my writer's block relapse was essentially a Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare reenactment, with Nanyang Federal Navy SEALs storming a wayward Novimaestrazhian freighter in the Bay of Bengal, finding one of the nukes, and then having to hightail it off the boat after coming under attack from Beshaadi privateers. I freely admit my creative bankruptcy, but a Modern Warfare homage can fit, given the circumstances. Of course, things would diverge wildly from that point onwards.

Apart from that, yeah, Olympics sound nice. I also need to cook up a few plots for the other Chinese splinter factions...
I ship Eino Ilmari Juutilainen x Lydia V. Litvyak.

"YOU JERK! YOU WOULDN'T KNOW SEXY IF IT BIT YOU!" - Erica Hartmann, Strike Witches
Fingolfin

Post by Fingolfin »

Do we have restrictions to genetically modified humans and such?
There is only war.
Mobius 1
Global Mod

Post by Mobius 1 »

How modified? I'm going full monty with cybernetics, so I don't see why genetic engineering can't compete with cybernetic.
Arkitek

Post by Arkitek »

I have magic, and so does Siege. I don't think gene-mods or cybernetics are going to be an issue.

EDIT: Unless you mean in reference to the Olympics. No idea, in that case.
Mobius 1
Global Mod

Post by Mobius 1 »

If for the Olympics, I actually have a post-draft sitting on worddoc right now about officials discussion not allowing cybernetics into the games - I think gen mods would fall under that as well. The real problem is enforcement, but given the Ascendancy is pretty good at checking for cybernetics, genmods wouldn't be out of their realm of economic development and could be tested for.

I hope.
Fingolfin

Post by Fingolfin »

Mobius 1 wrote:If for the Olympics, I actually have a post-draft sitting on worddoc right now about officials discussion not allowing cybernetics into the games - I think gen mods would fall under that as well. The real problem is enforcement, but given the Ascendancy is pretty good at checking for cybernetics, genmods wouldn't be out of their realm of economic development and could be tested for.

I hope.
So essentially only weakling humans can compete? How quaint..
There is only war.
Mobius 1
Global Mod

Post by Mobius 1 »

The idea is that multimillion dollar cybernetics will never replace multimillion dollar training. :D