O1 World IC thread

Games and stories.
Czernobog

O1 World IC thread

Post by Czernobog »

THE VOICE OF ATHENIA

Royal Palace Attacked By Black Dawn

The Royal Palace several hours before the attack

The Royal Palace of Athenia has been attacked by the communist organisation known as Black Dawn, a week after their unsuccessful attack on the RAS Slade, an Aquillon-class Aircraft Carrier which was patrolling Japanese waters. They fired a bazooka at the main gates of the palace, badly damaging them, before attempting to flee from police. They did not escape, and were arrested shortly after their cowardly attack.

Thankfully, the King was away from the Palace, on a diplomatic mission to the Kingdom of Babylon. After hearing of the attack, he ordered Palace security to be doubled.

Their weapons had been smuggled from the Confederacy of Rio, a failed state to the north well known for its constant infighting. The Athenian Senate is currently debating whether to declare war on Rio, invade it and crush Black Dawn forever.
You have ruled this galaxy for ten thousand years.
You have little of account to show for your efforts.
Order. Unity. Obedience.
We taught the galaxy these things.

And we shall do so again.
Siege
Site Admin

Re: O1 World IC thread

Post by Siege »

Maharani Pershad: Attack on Athenian Palace Is "Imperialist Ploy"

Maharani Valandi Kishen Pershad, Diwan of the Maharaja's Advisory Council, has blamed the rocket attack on the palace of the Athenian Eleaxus II on the Athenian government, calling it an "imperialist ploy". Says the Maharani: "How convenient that mere hours after the attack it is already obvious where these weapons and terrorists have come from! Clearly this attack was staged by the power-mongering colonialist government of Athenia itself, themselves friends of Perfidious Japan, in order to justify a war of aggression against the innocent Rio Confederacy, just like the 'attack' on their carrier was a thinly veiled excuse to surge their fleet to sea. Black Dawn is nothing but a puppet of the Athenian intelligence services covertly funded so the imperialist state has an excuse to annex its blameless neighbor."

The advisory council published a brief statement saying that any aggression against the Rio Confederacy "will not stand". The statement did not specify any specific retaliatory measures, but according to insiders the council currently deliberates the delivery of military aid to the Confederacy in order to help repel any unwarranted attack on its territorial integrity by the Athenian hegemon. This aid would most likely take the form of small arms as well as surplus M26 heavy tanks and P-51 Chuchundra fighters, possibly combined with the dispatch of Raj military advisors to the Confederacy in order to train the local army to operate this new equipment.
"Nick Fury. Old-school cold warrior. The original black ops hardcase. Long before I stepped off a C-130 at Da Nang, Fury and his team had set fire to half of Asia." - Frank Castle

For, now De Ruyter's topsails
Off naked Chatham show,
We dare not meet him with our fleet -
And this the Dutchmen know!
Czernobog

Post by Czernobog »

((OOC: Rio is a failed state. Think Somalia.))

THE VOICE OF ATHENIA

President Slade Says that Black Dawn Must Be Destroyed

President Slade

'Regardless of the Raj's party line, Black Dawn is a dangerous threat and must be destroyed,' President Slade said to journalists this morning.

'We know well of their attack on the innocent French cruise liner Tricolore and their attacks in Superbia and Eleaxa. In one case, my very predecessor was assassinated. How can the Raj say that they are not an important threat? In any case, I am very acquainted with the Athenian intelligence services, having read all their files, and I can honestly say that I have found no information claiming that Black Dawn is a false-flag operation.'

'Furthermore, Rio is a failed state with no real government. Rio's army is busy fighting itself, and I believe that our invasion will actually benefit the common people, regardless of the Raj's claims.'

'And as for Japan, its Prime Minister has been firmly under our control since the war, a mere puppet. We are not 'friends' with Japan. Athenia has no friends, only interests. Goodbye.'
Last edited by Czernobog on Sun Jun 21, 2009 1:47 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Order. Unity. Obedience.

Czernobog

Post by Czernobog »

THE VOICE OF ATHENIA

Raiders from Rio Attack Town

Husky Creek several hours before the attack

Elements of the People's Army of Rio, a band of brigands from the Confederacy of Rio, attacked the town of Husky Creek (which is close to the border), but were held in place by the Freedom Army long enough for the army to arrive.The force, led by Captain Salvador, was held in place by the local police force and elements of the Freedom Army in the town, long enough for two fighter planes to arrive and drive them back.

'We were terrified,' said an eyewitness. 'We've all heard of what happens in Rio, and I was scared that it was gonna happen to us.'

Rio is a failed state that collapsed into anarchy after the revolution ten years ago, having been a former colony of Spain. Many refugees from Rio have arrived within Athenian borders, and described the constant factional infighting there. There are at least three major factions in the endless war - the People's Army of Rio, the People's Army of Liberation and the Army of Resistance (which is supported by the terrorist group Black Dawn), plus the countless militias and gangs that fight in it.

It borders Athenia on the northwest border, a place where many English-speaking immigrants live.
Order. Unity. Obedience.

Heretic

Post by Heretic »

Imperial Voice

The only known picture of the Emperor

The Emperor speaks

The Harmonious Emperor Bo Jin Cheng has stated personally that he thinks of nothing concerning the Black Dawn attack, or the Raj's reply. Quoted:

"Whether the attack was real or fake, it all has the same intent: All want a piece of land."

To elaborate, the Most Mindful Emperor says that imperialism is everywhere. The Black Dawn wants a communist nation, the Raj wants Japan, and Athenia wants to expand up north of their North American boundary. When asked by licensed court reporters of Imperial China's stand, he replies:

"China will remain indifferent. We will open our doors to the distraught and homeless that will be created by this war. This will increase our labor and skill manpower, and get the edge against Shanghai, which is rightfully ours. Humanitarian purposes are secondary.

May the French die and be reborn as whores."
Computers are like Old Testament gods; lots of rules and no mercy.
-Joseph Campbell
Mobius 1
Global Mod

Post by Mobius 1 »

Prime Minister Crowe: "Same old Athenian hijinks will not stand."

The Minister's offhand comments to Sydney newspaper Victorian Ledger caused a flutter amongst international commentators: "We have had long years of experience at the diplomatic tables with Athenia. And their diplomacy, if it could be called that, is laughable. Just for a second, look at their President's most recent remarks: he firmly admits Japan is a puppet state - not only that, but 'Athenia has no friends, only interests'. What a swell guy."

Though the Federation has never considered itself a strong ally, per say, of the Spanish Imperium, the Labour party administration said Wednesday, Oceania finds itself dubious of any Athenian claim to Spanish territory. If Rio is unstable, Labor party spokesperson Eric Faulkner mused, "it is probably because Athenia is playing all the internal factions against each other in an attempt to destabilize the region and swoop in to claim the pieces. We know how the game works, after all."

Oceanic diplomats have been dispatched to the region, as well as the Spanish Imperium to negotiate a settlement to this conflict.

Next Up: Liberal Party Leader Boron: "Superbia, what a retarded name for a city."
SHADOW TEMPEST BLACK || STB2: MIDNIGHT PARADOX
The day our skys fe||, the heavens split to create new skies.
Czernobog

Post by Czernobog »

((OOC: Rio isn't Spanish territory. It had a bloody revolution ten years ago.))

THE VOICE OF ATHENIA

The Athenian Senate, where President Slade made his speech

President Slade: Rio Raid 'Unacceptable'

The raid on the small town of Husky Creek is unacceptable, said President Slade this morning.

'Regardless of Rio's status as a former colony of Spain,' he said. 'What we have here is simply unacceptable. When Japan attacked the west coast, did we sit and do nothing? No, we struck back at our enemy's heart, claiming the Japanese mainland by right of conquest. While the Raj and Oceania struggled futilely in the Pacific, brave Athenian pilots were bombing their cities, paving the way for Operation Victory, our bold landing on the very Japanese shore!'

'We bled for every inch taken, but we overcame. We overcame those that would conquer the world and enslave us all. Goodbye and good night, fellow Athenians. We will overcome.'

'I was a veteran of that war. I was a general, directing them in the safety of the War Office, but it hardened me just as much as for those that bled and died on Victory Beach. I will not let this violation of our territorial integrity stand without repayment in blood. Our reporters in Rio do not lie. Their cameras do not as well. Rio is a place of factional, pointless infighting, of barbarity, savagery, and cruelty. I intend to send a peacekeeping force, mainly composed of veterans from our proud militia, the Freedom Army, assisted by elements of the main army. They will root out the warlords and the Black Dawn terrorist group. This I swear.'

In other news, Athenia has just announced alliances with the Kingdom of Babylon and the Sultanate of Asmoday.
Order. Unity. Obedience.

Heretic

Post by Heretic »

The Imperial Voice

The Emperor Writes

In a diplomatic telegram yesterday directed by the Mighty Emperor Bo Jin Cheng to President Slade, he says this:

President Slade and the King of Athenia, the Tao in you is very unstable, but the Confederacy of Rio's is much more unstable. Why bother? Isn't it natural in politics for times of chaos? The recent attacks are very saddening, but to wage full scale war amidst consequences of world strife? Unless the Black Dawn is in league with a network of communist cells, I would suggest refraining from attack. Despite China's willingness to conquer Japan and your Southeastern part of the your North American holdings in order to link up with Texas, please, speaking as a friend, I implore you, practice Wu Wei, the art of calm inaction. Isn't that what your founding fathers want? Leaders who do less, in order to let the people live free under the rituals called the Constitution to follow? The Confederacy of Rio is unstable. They will not last long. But, I understand you have your western philosophy to follow, so I will not stop you from your actions, which might actually be righteous, but I would look ahead at the consequences before I war.

The Benevolent Khan has also verbally added that one polity the Athenians should be wary of is the French Empire, who shamelessly increases their greedy coffers while the people suffer. "European Capitalists", he calls them, bourgeoisie with no standards or traditions, unlike the Chinese people who, in harmony of their rites and traditions, are free to work and keep the fruits of their labors without being corrupt. The Most Open Leader has stated a warning to the French that if they do not treat the people of Shanghai with respect, the Chinese will be very displeased.
-Joseph Campbell
Mobius 1
Global Mod

Post by Mobius 1 »

Minister Crowe: "What a load of [expletive]"

Oceanic Prime Minister Samuel Crowe, returning from a trip to the Great Barrier Reef - where it was fabled he punched a Great White Shark in the face - was overhead to be furious at the recent Athenian President's remarks. Speaking to reporters at the Sydney Marina as he winched up the thirty foot carcass of the famed supershark that had been preying on swimmers in the area, the Minister had this to say: "Struggled futilely? Winners may write the history books, but Slade takes this to an extreme, considering how minimal their effort in the entire war was. A few months of bombing missions and a symbolic invasion near Tokyo once Raj and Oceanic troops had secured most of the mainland and surrounding islands does not make their Operation Victory anything close to praiseworthy.

"I do not take the insult of my fallen men and women lightly. Slade had better bloody well watch his words," Crowe finished, before departing to go wrestle a saltwater crocodile menacing a Grafton orphanage.

Next Up: Athenian President John Slade - Washed-Up hippy with no sense of personal hygiene?
SHADOW TEMPEST BLACK || STB2: MIDNIGHT PARADOX
The day our skys fe||, the heavens split to create new skies.
Heretic

Post by Heretic »

Imperial Voice

The Emperor plsses
Soviet Russia got a rude awakening this morning when the Prankful Emperor secretly arrived in Moscow to pay homage to the recently deceased Joseph Stalin...by urinating on the statue in the middle of the crowd at Kremlin Square. Chaos and havoc ensued as the Imperial Guard quickly swept the Brave Khan back into the airplane, which flew back to the Forbidden Palace. Riots and Anti-Chinese protests filled the streets of the USSR. The Ambassador of the Soviet Union spoke, demanding an apology and explanation for the "misdemeanor." Musing Emperor Bo Jin Cheng stated that there is no reason to give respects a tyrant. The main reason though, he said, that he publicly urinated on the staute, was to show the western world that the stereotype of Asian penises was false, his being a healthy 2 inches.

The very complimentary Emperor also says that he admires The Federation's Minister Samual Crowe for his physical prowess, saying warmly that such nations breed such men.

In more political aspects, Bo Jin Cheng, Khan of all China, states that he wishes to buy Mongolia back from the USSR, as Qing Dynasty originated there. With Mongolia and Shanghai, The Khan of Khans said, China will be whole. The Eunuchs commented that such a deal would be difficult, being that the Emperor aggravated the Russians with his "most long insult".
-Joseph Campbell
Siege
Site Admin

Post by Siege »

Royal Palace, Calcutta, Bengal Province

"Exalted Highness, the Athenians have chosen to insult us", Maharani Valandi Kishen Pershad prostrated herself before the Lion Throne. "They refuse to heed our warnings. They seek aggressive war. And more seriously, they mock our many accomplishments."

Maharaja Jaghathai Singh Baradur, by right ruler of the Raj, struggled to keep his calm. He let his gaze sweep across the monumental throne room: the marble pillars, the tapestries threaded with gold, the beautiful, scantily clad concubines. He struggled... And failed.

"No more than five years ago we sacrificed countless lives to drive the Japanese child-murderers from the South-Asian islands!" the Maharaja thundered, his face etched with fury. "Only for his pathetic upstart nation to swoop in at the last moment and claim victory through that phony invasion. They surrendered to him only so they would not have to face our terrible justice! He denied us our deserved victory over the Japanese menace! And now he chooses to gloat! Gloat!"

The Maharja began pacing the throne room. "Does he not know that at a mere command, I can unleash the just wrath of Kali herself upon the perfidious rising sun?! One word from me, and a thousand bombers will blot out the sun and rain death upon the unholy island-temples!"

Maharani Pershad cringed a little under the litany from her lord and master. It was common knowledge in the Raj that the Great Names, the Rajas and Maharajas, were unused to treating with equals. In fact a common saying was that 'when princes meet, they find either brothers or themselves', that is to say, either peace or war. And clearly Jaghathai Sing did not consider President Slade a brother. "Shall I order the army to mobilize then, my lord? The Air Corps can begin bombing in less than a week..."

"No." With that the Maharaja abruptly sat down, a brooding look on his face. "We will do something worse. The Athenian upstart dog of a leader has defied us. Now it is our turn. We will send airborne troops to support the People's Army of Liberation in Rio. And we will tell the Athenians that if they so much as singe a single hair on the head of a single Rajastani soldier, our wrath will be terrible. We will burn Japan to ashes from north to south and from east to west."

"Yes, lord. I believe General Rajamony can have his first troops ready to ship out within a day."

Result: the Raj sends troops to Rio to support the PAL. They had better not be touched by anyone or There Will Be Trouble.
"Nick Fury. Old-school cold warrior. The original black ops hardcase. Long before I stepped off a C-130 at Da Nang, Fury and his team had set fire to half of Asia." - Frank Castle

For, now De Ruyter's topsails
Off naked Chatham show,
We dare not meet him with our fleet -
And this the Dutchmen know!
Heretic

Post by Heretic »

The Imperial Voice

The Emperor contemplates
The Raj has recently sent troops to support the Peoples' Army of Liberation, a move which clearly states the Raj's position. The Confederacy of Rio is a land filled with civil war and strife, millions of factions are spawned. The fact that the Raj Empire has sided with one faction means that they will benefit from it. No one knows the real purpose of the troop deployment, but The Wary Emperor Bo Jin Cheng says that if any action is taken to increase the Raj's territory, China's political Wu Wei will be dropped, and action will be taken. In response to tense political mountings, security is tightened in the south and east boundaries, due to possible co-operation between the Raj and the French colony of Shanghai. The Philosophical Khan predicts "a very inharmonious situation in the near future. The Tao will be dispassionate in this situation.". The colony of Texas has stepped up producing weaponry for a possible crises, and resources are being held inside military bunkers around China.
-Joseph Campbell
Heretic

Post by Heretic »

Secret Grove, Forbidden Palace

Bo Jin Cheng laid his back on the silk mattress that sprawled above the grass. Next to him was a ancient kettle with a clay cup. The Emperor wanted to be alone, away from the advisers and the harem. Today was very cloudy, appropriate for this situation.

"Emperor Puyi, what would you do?" He asked his deceased father, who survived the Japanese occupation, and fended off both the Kuomintang and the People's Republic of China. The crisis today was much like the Warring States Period. So many aimless, fractured bodies fighting amongst each other. It hasn't reached to actual warfare, but the Qin Dynasty called Earth will fall, and warlords will rule. But amongst the chaos, new learning will appear. Even now, nuclear energy is being tested, replacing old fuel; a comparison to the iron replacing the bronze in the ancient era. A new China must emerge, one that isn't bounded geographically, but a China in the spirit. A China that isn't limited to boundaries or ethnicity. The world nations are mostly corrupt, greedy mobs of self-interested individuals. The world needs a mental purge, and only China could do that.

Standing up, Bo Jin Cheng gulped down his cup of tea and packed up the tea set and mattress. There was planning to do, starting with Shanghai and Mongolia. A fractured China has no hope of spreading its message to the world.

Ooc:edited Pinyu to Puyi.
Last edited by Heretic on Mon Jun 22, 2009 12:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
-Joseph Campbell
Destructionator

Post by Destructionator »

Spanish Parliament Downplays Rio Situation

Prime Minister Carlos Garcia seemed dismissive of the events in western North America in an interview yesterday.

"The situation is under control by the local government," he said to reporters. "The corrupt Athenian media makes it sound much worse than it is."

Rio is a former colony that fell into decadence in the previous decade, in great part due to foreign meddling in the area during the Glorious Revolution. No significant effort has been made to regain control over the territory.

Opposition leader Juan Martinez agreed with Mr Garcia's analysis. "What we see in the area is effect of foreign powers vying for influence over a peoples. All it does is demonstrate the importance of keeping other nations out of our affairs."

Athenia: You Reap What You Sow
A letter to the editor

It seems to me that all the problems in the region can be tracked back to Athenian antics. Where do they think the terrorists got the weapons they use? Why do they think they are being targetted?

I think it is the local people getting fed up with outsiders poking around. They asked for independence, and we gave it to them. They now leave us alone. Until Athenia can learn to do the same, they will have to live with the consequences of their actions.

-Roberto B., Seville

OOC: generic Spanish names ftw.
His Certifiable Geniusness, Adam D. Ruppe (My 'verse)
Marle: Lucca! You're amazing!
Lucca: Ain't it the truth! ... Oh, um...I mean...
Marle: Enough with the false modesty! You have a real gift! I would trade my royal ancestry for your genius in a heartbeat!

"I still really hate those pompous assholes who quote themselves in their sigs." -- Me
Heretic

Post by Heretic »

Imperial Voice

The joint Texan-Chinese defense in the China-Shanghai border. The border began surging with military activity as our brave troops prepare for the worst.

The Emperor declares

Shanghai, formally part of Imperial China, and taken unfairly by the French, is now being demanded back by the Imperial Court. The Brave Emperor ordered the French Emperor Napolean IV to give Shanghai back to the Chinese People, or face the dearest consequence.

"The inaction we practiced must be drooped for now. We cannot sit and let the people of Shanghai suffer from the French's brutal agenda! A fractured China can never be whole and unified. 100% China, 100% Freedom!"

The 32nd Texan Infantry Regiment arrived to reinforce the Shanghai border, along with Tuanlian reserves. The Most perspective Khan states that he understands the potential consequences, but states:

"What I learned from the Rio incident is deceit. While leaders condemned Athenia, possibly under the banner of humanitarianism, we know differently. Real politics are today's model. In reality, no one cares for how many die in bombings, just as long as that piece of land is theirs. When the nations condemn us for our actions, they will condemn us for various reasons, trying ot sugar coat it with "national rights" or "treaties", but in truth, they too would do the same if given the chance. People of China, be strong, and China will be the most powerful nation in the world!"
-Joseph Campbell
Magister Militum

Post by Magister Militum »

Emperor Napoleon IV: "Claims of Rio-supported terrorism baseless"

After having been silent on the issue for weeks, the Imperial Government has come to condemn the Athenian aggression toward the Rio Confederacy, with Emperor Napoleon IV calling the saber rattling of President Slade "A shameless ploy to gain control of the lands and people of Rio."

Similar condemnation has also occurred in the Legislative Corps, where Henri Amyot, leader of the center-right Populist Alliance made the following statements: "For years the government of Athenia has used deceit and lies to expand its hegemony at the expense of everyone else. The Rio Crises is nothing more than another attempt by the government of Athenia to take what it cannot have due to its own inability and spinelessness."

It is expected that both the Legislative Corps and Senate will vote on a resolution to condemn any military action initiated by Athenia tomorrow. In addition, the Minister of War, Marc Pache, Duke of Savoy, has reported that all French military forces in Patagonia have been put on elevated alert status.

Emperor Napoleon IV Blasts Chinese Emperor Bo Jin Cheng's Statements
Imperial Palace, Official Residency of the Emperor and Seat of Government

In a meeting with the top members of the Council of State, Emperor Napoleon IV blasted the statements of Chinese Emperor Bo Jin Cheng regarding the status of Shanghai. "How convenient is it for China, who shows little concern for the common man and whose history is full of governmental brutality and contempt for the institution that is democracy, to accuse this government of somehow treating the people of Shanghai as cattle. Perhaps his esteemed Majesty should open a history book and note how my great, great grandfather removed tyrants like Emperor Bo Jin Cheng from power when they came to abuse too much of their power."

As for whether the Emperor's last statement could constitute as a warning, his Imperial Majesty refused to clarify.
Democratic Socialist | Atheist | Transhumanist | Bright Green Environmentalist | Worldbuilder | IT Professional |

Germania your game is through, now you're gonna answer to... The Freestates! Fuck Yeah! Now lick my balls and suck on my cock! Freestates, Fuck Yeah! Coming in to save the motherfuckin' day! Rock and roll, fuck yeah! Television, fuck yeah! DVDs, fuck yeah! Militums, fuck yeah! - Shroomy
Heretic

Post by Heretic »

The Imperial Voice

The Emperor refutes
The thing called Napoleon IV insulted our Very Patient Emperor Bo Jin Cheng, who said the next morning:

"It is typical for the lazy Europeans to scream "Democracy!" and "Equality!"while fattening their pockets with the blood of negroes and enslaved Chinese. Government brutality? How is past doings relevant to today's China? I understand the complexity of Confucius's teachings, the Analects too much for the puny European brain. To sum it up: Each individual has a role, no one is absolutely superior or inferior, all have responsibilities. Pros and cons. As for your ancestor Napoleon Bonaparte, what he done for your little empire was vast, and you must pay homage to him, but you, his offspring, what have you done to contribute? I would like to see your list, because China isn't really a monarchy, its a meritocracy, where one is determined by his abilities, not by his blood, which your full of in your head.

The Most illiterate Emperor then went on to say that he was correct in his statement about the nations' sugar coating their imperialistic lust. He says that in the guise of refuting, France wants to maintain their holdings and slaves.

Edit: Due to the blasphemous mistake of both the writer and the editor concerning the last column, please send your current copy back to the local magistrate for correction. The Generous Khan, despite this insult, has been very considerate and merciful, promoting the two criminals to the Eunuchs of Sanitation. Unfortunately, painkillers were unavailable during the promotion process. May the heavens forgive their transgressions.
-Joseph Campbell
Magister Militum

"We Will Not Be Intimidated by Chinese Saber Rattling," says His Imperial Majesty.

The carrier IFS Majestuex, flagship of the Third Imperial Fleet, arrives in Shanghai

Dealing with the emerging crises in Asia swiftly, Emperor Napoleon IV made it clear that the Greater Shanghai Province will continue to remain under French control. "For nearly a century, the great city of Shanghai and the surrounding province have been proud constituents of the Greater French Empire and have profited immensely from said incorporation. The Chinese thugs in power, seeking to expand even more, now seek to violate the many treaties that have been established by taking what is no longer theirs. Any attempt by the Chinese government to take the Greater Shanghai Province will be seen as a declaration of war against the Empire, and we will not be held responsible for our retaliatory actions."

Moments after his announcement, the Council of State has announced the recalling of the Ambassador to China as an act of protest. In addition, all military forces in the Greater Shanghai Province have been put at maximum readiness alert, and are expected to receive reinforcements from the rest of the Empire.

Despite the apparent breakout of hostility, His Imperial Majesty hinted that diplomacy can still resolve the crises should China step down from its hardline position.
Democratic Socialist | Atheist | Transhumanist | Bright Green Environmentalist | Worldbuilder | IT Professional |

Germania your game is through, now you're gonna answer to... The Freestates! Fuck Yeah! Now lick my balls and suck on my cock! Freestates, Fuck Yeah! Coming in to save the motherfuckin' day! Rock and roll, fuck yeah! Television, fuck yeah! DVDs, fuck yeah! Militums, fuck yeah! - Shroomy
Heretic

Post by Heretic »

The Imperial Voice

The Emperor refuses

Shortly after the impotent comments made by the French, War Khan Bo Jin Cheng accuses the flagship Majestuex of the Third Imperial Fleet of trespassing Chinese waters. For the insult, he ordered the arrest of the ambassador of the "Greater" French Empire, stating that it is only fair. Nationwide alarms are set as Tuanlians are forming, and the Texan Province is currently sending out their two battleships to intercept the flagship.

This is not a declaration of war. The French have violated our water space, and we are here to meet them. As for the French Emperor's statement of diplomacy if I step down from "hardline" positions, I laugh and buy their whores. We Chinese are honest. We want Shanghai back, while the French invades and claims that their occupational lands are doing well. If I am hardline, then I'm honest about it. Naopleon IV probably reassures himself that he is doing the right thing when he goes to sleep. I must sleep, burdened with the choices and consequences I make, good or bad. Also, concerning the earlier remark about this government being a tyranny, we have lower taxes than any world power.

(OOC EDIT): Erm, did the ambassador leave before or after the flagship?
-Joseph Campbell
Magister Militum

Imperial Palace, Paris, France

His Imperial Majesty, Napoleon IV, paced the Imperial Chamber, the very heart of the Imperial Palace and the location of his offices, as his Ministers continued their discussion regarding the Shanghai Crisis.

"That would-be conqueror Bo Jin Cheng as no interest in diplomacy, Bernard. Are only choice now is to strike before the Chinese mongrels have a chance to strike first!" shouted the Minister of War, Count Damien Riviere.

"And what if you're wrong, Damien? What if the Chinese are willing to return to negotiations? Do you really want to jeopardize the situation with your gun-ho solution?" shot back Bernard Dufour, Minister of State.

"We no longer have that assurance, Bernard," replied The Emperor as he sat down on his throne and sighed. "It is clear that there is only one solution left: war. Bo Jin Cheng has already made it clear that it is his goal to expand across Asia, starting with Shanghai and Mongolia, and that nothing will stop him. Gentlemen, it is clear that it is our duty to put Cheng in his place and end his imperialist delusions. Bernard, what chances do you think we have of proposing an alliance with Mongolia?"

Dufour sunk back into his chair as he contemplated the suggestion. "I don't think that it would be too much of a challenge. The Mongols gladly accept our guarantee of their independence, especially since they're next in line from what our spies in China tell us."

"Then I want you to write up a proposal to send to the Mongolian embassy as soon as possible. Damien, start the preparations for the mobilization of the military. In particular, be sure to put Bomber Command on high alert. If push comes to shove, I want our strategic bombers to flatten every major Chinese city with napalm. I'll be addressing Parliament shortly and I will ask for a declaration of war. Until then, you are all dismissed. May God help us all."

OCC: Heretic, the ambassador left before the Third Fleet arrived. Besides, arresting an ambassador will result in very, very nasty consequences that I don't think you fully comprehend. Think about it.

Heretic

Post by Heretic »

(OOC): Alright, forget the ambassador hostage. Make it civilian.

To: The Sincere Emperor Bo Jin Cheng

Content: Orders?

Dear Heavenly Emperor,
We have reports from our spies that the French are making an alliance with Mongolia. This is very distressing indeed. Not only Shanghai, but our native land is being subjugated by the French. We need more funding for the Steel Dragon Tanks, and fast. If we manage to take Shanghai, France's economic structure will weaken. I would suggest a full frontal attack of Shanghai and Mongolia after the project is completed and our production lines can manufacture enough tanks, but my fellow Han President states that a simple assassination would do. I disagree of course, but I respect his view. Majesty, what should it be? The fate of Asia and the world is in your hands
-Joseph Campbell
Magister Militum

To: Minister of War Damien Riviere, Count of Blois

From: Général d'Armée Artur Bidault, Commander-in-Chief, Greater Shanghai Military District

Content: War Preparations

Sir,

My men are at full combat readiness and are ready to cross the Chinese border on the Emperor's command. While the Chinese Army does have potential, reports indicate that they are abysmally primitive in comparison to our forces stationed here. However, their sheer numbers can threaten the integrity of the Shanghai District if we do not act appropriately. As such, I have given the order to division commanders to prepare the use of chemical and incendiary weapons in order to combat the Chinese horde. Once the first corps arrive from Metropolitan France, we can begin mass offensive operations against Mainland China and relive the Mongolian defenders.

Destructionator

Post by Destructionator »

Parliament building, Madrid

"The bill passes, 124 to 11. The poll tax has been raised to $500 a year. Next order of business: our response to the Athenian situation. The chair recognizes Jesus Mohamed."

Sr. Mohamed rose to his feet. "Gracias, Senor Garcia. I believe there is much to fear about this situation. I feel the law must be adjusted; there are those who can't be trusted."

"Tell me about these people, Jesus."

"The Communists in Rio are causing a lot of trouble. If they aren't quashed swiftly, imagine the boost their success would give to the other colonies, or even to the Communists here in Spain itself!"

"Are the Communists really that big of a threat?," Sr. Martinez asked, "They can't even control that worthless shitland Rio!"

"We have to ensure they stay that way. I move we send the Pacific Armada to level their ports."

"I have a better idea," another minister yelled out, "what if we funded them?"

"COMMUNIST SYMPATHIZER!" A shoe came out of nowhere, which the minister narrowly dodged.

"Hear me out, damn it!"

"Let him speak," Sr. Garcia banged his gavel.

"If we funded them, covertly of course, what do you think they'd do?"

"Take power."

"No, what they've been doing it attacking Athenia. They'd continue to attack Athenia, provoking them into counterattacking."

"I think I like where this is going," Garcia said, "then the Freedom Army would do our dirty work for us."

"Exactly. We'd see the Communist threat crushed and get some cheap shots at those arrogant Athenians at the same time, all without deviating from the party line!"

"Let's have a vote. All in support of Diego's plan, say si. All against, say no. .... And the 'si's have it. We'll begin covertly arming the Rio Communists."
His Certifiable Geniusness, Adam D. Ruppe (My 'verse)
Marle: Lucca! You're amazing!
Lucca: Ain't it the truth! ... Oh, um...I mean...
Marle: Enough with the false modesty! You have a real gift! I would trade my royal ancestry for your genius in a heartbeat!

"I still really hate those pompous assholes who quote themselves in their sigs." -- Me
Czernobog

Post by Czernobog »

((OOC: The Communists in Rio are a different faction than the ones that attacked Athenia))

THE VOICE OF ATHENIA

President Slade Urges Calm

The Presidential Palace, from where President Slade made his remarks

President Slade has urged calm, taking a U-turn from his previous position.

'There has been much talk of war,' he said. 'Of invasion and bombing. But let's calm down now. There will be no invasion of Rio. What will happen is that we will increase our defences heavily. Every town near the border with Rio will have an Army Company attached to it, from our local bases near the border. Besides, we're close to the bicentennial of independence. Why ruin that with yet another war?'

'As for my rhetoric, I profoundly apologise.'
Last edited by Czernobog on Mon Jun 22, 2009 12:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Order. Unity. Obedience.

Czernobog

Post by Czernobog »

THE VOICE OF ATHENIA

Bicentennial of Independence

Fireworks over Superbia during the bicentennial

The city of Superbia was host to President Slade's Bicentennial Speech this evening, as millions tuned in to hear his words.

'200 years ago,' he said. 'It feels like so long. '200 years since the Athenian Constitution was written. 200 years since we gained independence from the Byzantine Empire. As a nation, Athenia has faced many crises and troubles, and come out the stronger for it. Rio is little more than a thorn in our side, one we can safely ignore. It is, frankly, unimportant. Our administration over the Protectorate of Japan has proven, despite what the Raj and Oceania say, that we are a strong people. I wish to show a gesture of peace to Oceania, and here it is. A billion Athenian Dollars, for aid to Rio.'

'But we must not ignore the many threats to our nation. The warmongering Maharajah of the Hindu Raj, and the terrorist organisation Black Dawn, to name just two. But there is a further threat - China. The China that allied with Japan in the Pacific War, and right now invades the French possession of Shanghai. The China that stole our rightful lands from under our noses. To aid the French in protecting their territory, I have sent the Freedom Army and regular forces originally bound for Rio to the Shanghai district, as well as most of our surplus and a group of military advisors. And if a single brave Athenian soldier is killed, then only an all-out invasion of China will suffice.'

'These are hard words, from a hard man. But these times are hard times.'
Order. Unity. Obedience.