[TSW] America in Space, yeah!

Games and stories.
Shroom Man 777
Global Mod

Re: [TSW] America in Space, yeah!

Post by Shroom Man 777 »

It's like a reverse "I am your father", and a complete pisstake on those Secret Muslim Non-American Wasn't Born Here theories on Barack Obama. Man, that's one way to shatter the psyche of a True American, by showing him that he wasn't even born there. :D

"Sometimes Shroomy I wonder if your imagination actually counts as some sort of war crime." - FROD
Acatalepsy

Post by Acatalepsy »

So are we going to get a Face Heel Turn? (Or a Heel Face Turn - who are the good guys again?)

Comrade Dash Havoc, leading the communist charge.

Communism for the Communism God! Workers for the Worker Throne! :D
Anything that can be done to a rat can be done to a human being. And we can do most anything to rats. This is a hard thing to think about, but it's the truth. It won't go away because we cover our eyes.

- Bruce Sterling
Heretic

Post by Heretic »

Aniata Liaston looked at the smug looking man in front of her. He had dirty sandy short hair that was cropped to the side, and his face was gaunt. He wore a flak jacket with jeans, the jacket with a few top buttons opened, revealing a white T-shirt. He grinned.

"So you must be the noblewoman I'm assigned to." As he said that, the man surveyed his employer. She had fiery red hair that came to her back, and a very skintight gown. Her blue eyes penetrated his. Wouldn't mind serving that, he thought with a sense of humor.

"Yes." She simply said, smiling. The man gave a bow, his arms swept to the side, as Aniata went to the slim silver chrome ship. She immediately turned to look at him.

"What is your name?" She asked as she raised her hand for the pilot to kiss it. He smiled as he pecked her hand.

"Daniel Havor at your service." He stood up straight. He was a few inches taller than Aniata, but all he had to do was look down a little. The noblewoman smiled.

"A pleasure. Now, please take me to the Da-32 system. The King wants to make a deal with the republics there concerning a graveddie field." The pilot bowed and tilted his head up a bit, still smiling.

"Yes, your lady." The noblewoman looked at him for a brief moment. She felt a light stirring, but mentally shrugged it off and went inside the slick ambassador ship.

"You are really good." The noblewoman stated as she sat on the soft sofa she insisted on placing near the pilot cockpit, as she wanted to see the front view.

"You really think so?" Daniel grinned as he aligned his coordinates and monitored the progress of the ship's movement to the eddie. "All it is is just making sure the coordinates are right, argue with docking masters, and move around obstacles. Computers do most of the work. I have more respect to the programmer who made this system than any ace pilot." The noblewoman laughed. "It's true!"

"I know, but you have such dedication in your work. Despite the lack of activity needed, you make sure everything is in perfect order. What happens if a thousand rogue satellites got out of orbit and headed this way? It would take computers forever. They don't have intuition and a savvy mind. You do." She smiled sweetly. Daniel blushed as he looked back at the controls. After a moment of silence, he stood up and stretched.

"Well, we will be there in a few hours. As long as we keep our path around these few parsecs, we are fine." Then, as if thinking to himself, the handsome pilot knelt to the controls again and pressed a few buttons. He looked at Aniata, who stared at him patiently.

"I put our speed down, and you have a few days to get there, so want to learn how to pilot a ship?" The noblewoman's green eyes exploded.

"Me? Pilot a transport ship?" The pilot gave a wide grin. After saying "Why not?", he let Aniata take the seat and placed one of her hands on a button panel and the other on a screen.

"As you know, space is three dimensional, and so, the map is as well. Reading a space map is quite easy once you get the hang of it. There are three basic coordinate lines. Along with the basic X and Y coordinates, you have Z. To read a star map with this new coordinate system, you..."

==INTERMISSION==

"Comrades, that American SUPER-SHIP isn't firing only explosive rockets! Some disrupt our systems! Others harmlessly ram into our ship, only to move it a bit. But that's not all!" The ground side officer taking charge of the communications with the whole mess upstairs in the dark void sweated alot. He was in the naval industrial coveralls of a logistics member, and the collar and shoulders was getting a tad moist.

"Comrade, what else is happening? We need info feed in order to analyze the situation and respond according..." There was a scream.

"Comrades! No! Not only are there exploding electronic-seeking rockets, electronic raping rockets, and electronically harmless missiles, they COMBINE in some cases, making a super attack! The ship gets damaged by the thousands of rockets that blast around, then their systems fail from the EMP warheads that attach on to destroy EVERYTHING! Oh my Marx's Beard, those ramming rods aren't so harmless anymore! With our engines down, a hundred of those rocket-propelled battering rams can, and ARE in some cases, push our helpless ships back into our planet's orbit. Comrade, Save yourself! Call out the air-raids. We have RAINING COMRADES heading towards the capital. I repeat, it is going to rain dead comrades and broken ships towards our beloved Trotsky parad..." Then silence.

"Comrade, are you there? Comrade, please respond. We have broken communication with you. Please respond." He went to a few switches, adjusted them a bit, and looking at the screen sighed. He beckoned to a young messenger.

"Give the signal for underground emergency evacuation. We may have a few orbital debris strikes coming in." As the man salute and left to get a worldwide channel, the officer picked up a secret phone.

"Premier? Yes, it is as expected. Our glorious fleet is being pummeled by that American cheat and his Lumerian slave whores. A few of our ships are heading this way. Yes, Premier, it will be raining fiery comrades and their ships. We must get you to safety. Yes, Premier, the ship is ready." He cradled the phone back and looked at the screen. Raining Comrades. What a sick, twisted, yet funny joke.

==INTERMISSION ENDS==

:We are here, my lady." Daniel sat closely next to Aniata, who was working the controls. "You are more better at this than I am. Maybe I should just collect my paycheck and leave you to piloting, as you seem to not need my help." Aniata gave a innocent leer.

"I still need help if something goes haywire, for I only know the basics." She looked at Danial and came close to his neck. "Besides, I need some company in lonely space." Daniel's face turned into a beet as he stood up and went to a side panel.

"I'm..going to hail the station." He pressed a button.

"This is Ambassador Base 124-Gamma. Please state Captain name, Ship name, Purpose, Ship Designation." The computer voice on the side intercom said. Daniel placed his knuckle gloved hands on the side of the wall as he followed the orders.

"Daniel Havor, The Unili Blue, Transporting Lady Aniata Liaston for the diplomatic meet concerning the Da32 cluster eddies, and ship's ID is 121193-3-39."The voice remained silent for a minute, and then,

"Welcome, Captain Daniel. We have been expecting you. Please dock at tube 3. Have a nice day." Daniel pushed himself off the wall and went back to the ship's main control and looked at the front view and the map screen on the console frequently. The ambassador base was a disk-shaped space station, with metal tubes extended from the circumference, for ships to latch on and unload their cargo, both organic and non-organic. As the ship got closer, there was a hissing as the Unili Blue's extended hatch went forward to meet the tube. The ship slowed, evident by the low hum of the engines, and it came to a stop. The door opened, and Daniel got out to bow and gesture to the entrance.

"You first, my lady." Aniata patted his head as she walked out.

"The meeting should end in two days. Feel free to explore this ship. Probably has a bar or something." Aniata said as she walked towards the greeting committee, where a lean gaunt old man with a stiff face and two masked guards were waiting between the white gleaming curved hallway.
Computers are like Old Testament gods; lots of rules and no mercy.
-Joseph Campbell
Shroom Man 777
Global Mod

Post by Shroom Man 777 »

Aw, man, Daniel Harvor almost totally scored a smexy space princess right then and there! What a slick guy! :mrgreen:

Cause' tonight for the first time
Just about half past ten
For the first time in history
It's gonna start rainin comrades

It's RAINING COMRADES!
Hallelujah!
It's RAINING COMRADES!
Amen!

:lol:

"Sometimes Shroomy I wonder if your imagination actually counts as some sort of war crime." - FROD
Czernobog

Post by Czernobog »

Looks intriguing and fun, Heretic.
You have ruled this galaxy for ten thousand years.
You have little of account to show for your efforts.
Order. Unity. Obedience.
We taught the galaxy these things.

And we shall do so again.
Heretic

Post by Heretic »

"Minister Mortiastis, I believe you are being irrational." Aniata said bluntly. The man across the senatorial bench was the gaunt stiff old man who greeted her at the docks a few hours ealier. After the nice formalities were over, they both hated each other. Aniata couldn't stand this imperialist-loving militant. She swore that if she ever had a baby, she would not raise it to become like Mortiastis, who seemed to think that bombs were the solution to everything. What was supposed to be a simple diplomatic treaty became a slugfest of insults, as the king threatened action against the group of republics, who in turn threatened to raid any commercial ships that come into the graveddie field. This peeved off polities that used the field, including one American Space Polities. They kept threatening to "totally kick all your Neo-Euro wannabe asses to the ground and make you lick our American balls." Vulgar and loud people, Anitata found out, and really dangerous.

"Lady Liaston, I believe it is you who is naive. The Republics only want to go send our peaceful trading fleet through the field without your insane king taxing us with ludicrous fees or else being threatened to be attacked by his royal fleet. Why is it that only the Republics get taxed and not anyone else? I know why. Because..." Miniter Mortiastis was interrupted by Lady Liaston, who scoffed as she brushed her long hair and pointed at the gaunt man.

"Trade fleet? Hah! Warmongers more like it! We have the documents!" She grabbed a few pieces of datachips. Red ones with the symbol of the republics on the corner. The Republics' Envoys looked at each other nervously. Mortiastis had a straight face. "You aren't sending in goods. You are sending WMDs to the Collective Patriarch of Sabaan, who want to use it against the unified tribes that are peacefully and democratically trying to gain the same rights as the first class "Native" citizens! And in return, use their local moon as a base of operations in order to send your military fleet out and protect distant interests!"

"The documents you are holding are just musings, pure conspiracy. How can I be sure that you didn't just forge that information?" Mortiastis gave the final word as the session for today ended. The envoys dispersed and mingled within their cliques, keeping away from the opposition. Aniata, her head in a cogwheel motion, left without carousing. She needed to think.

"The Republics? Those guys are dicks." Daniel and Lady Liaston were in the engine room, a spacious room with the engine attached to all the devices that makes the spaceship function like a..well, a spaceship. "Those freaks tax us poor freelancers. And they complain about taxes. Hah!" Daniel was on a side computer, doing a diagnostic check on the ship. Liaston was sitting her back on a curved pipe, watching Daniel work.

"Well, tomorrow I will bring in various newscast articles in to show their hypocrisy." And shifted herself as she changed the subject: "I always thought engine work would involve a shirtless man in jeans, lying on his back with wrench in his hand, tightly squeezing a screw back into its place." Daniel hesitated at that. He wondered if that was an innuendo in some way, but decided that no aristocrat would think dirty.

"Nah. In modern times, with everything computerized, we just sit on our arses and click a few programs. But boy, it isn't easy. Coding is tough, and sometimes the computer pulls numbers and words out of nowhere just to piss us off, and we have to go back and figure out the hell it just did. If the heroes and heroines in steampunk literature think they had it hard, imagine trying to fix something that can't be fixed by a swift kick in the pipes." Lady Liaston pushed herself off the diagonal pipe with her two hands and walked slowly to Daniel.

"You know, I like you. You don't try to put a manly facade up. I don't know how many would admit reading old sci-fi crap like steampunk or how they.." She held up a small book. It was a fuzzy black cover diary. Daniel blushed.. "have a diary." She placed it into her bag. "Don't worry," Aniata got close to Daniel's face, her mouth half open. Daniel blushed like hell as he smelled a light perfume when her red hair contacted his nose, "your secret is with me." She moved back.

"Now, I must go get some sleep. Tomorrow will be another day trying to save the system." She smiled and waved at Daniel, who still stricken, mildly waved back. "Oh yeah, when i have my off day, can I fly your ship again?" Daniel nodded. Aniata chuckled as she went out the engine room.

==INTERMISSION==
"Now, I would like to go more into details, but we are running out of time." Defa looked up at the sky. Fireballs appeared and seem to be heading down to the ground all over. Dash Havoc was still stunned and had the thousand-mile stare.

==INTERMISSION ENDs==

To summarize things, Lady Liaston failed. The Republics managed to loophole everything she said and cause the Kingdom of Astr to sound evil. During her off-days, she took joyrides on the diplomatic ship, and become a better pilot than Daniel. They both found that they agreed on many things, and swapped diaries with each other. Soon, they fell in love, but things became worse for the couple. The Kingdom and the Republics went to war, and the Da-32 system, where the talks were held, became a battlefield.

-

"Hang on! We are almost to the graveddie!" Daniel shouted as he switched off autopilot and pulled out the manual controls. It has been a long time since he manually flown, and Aniata was much better at it than he was, but she was in unavailable. He looked back at the co-pilot chair to see Aniata panting, her belly swelling with life. "Hold on, Aniata, I can shake them off!" She looked at him and nodded. The ship had enough energy to activate the jammers, and the Republican interceptors had crap missiles.

--

"We did it." Daniel sat next to the bed where Aniata was panting and sweating with labor. A medical automation was in front of her, ready to take the baby. Aniata smiled.

"I know a retreat where we can go and make a family, without the Republics or anyone coming after us." Daniel continued on.

"I..." Aniata gasped before speaking again, "..want the child to be raised up in a way to counter the cruelty of the universe. Everything the Republics are, we shall teach the child not to be." Daniel grasped her hand. "Dan, it's coming."

"Keep strong, Anniata. I wonder if it is a boy and a girl." Daniel looked at the machine. "Pity none of the computers can find out whether it is boy or girl." Aniata breathed in and out slowly.

"Does..it matter..we will..teach it..to care for nature, hate war, love...peace.." The machine quickly held out its soft cradle and manipulators as Aniata pushed. One metal arm went into Aniata's gown and pulled out a baby boy, sitll wet and connected ot the cord. The cord was cut and the baby was placed into Aniata's hand, who cradled it. Daniel knelt down to look. It was the happiest moment in both of their lives.

"A boy. This will be tougher." Daniel joked. Aniata placed her head on Daniel's.

"No. We can teach him all the things that are good. I'll make sure we do not get him near any guns or television until he is older and understands. I don't want him being like those masculine Americans who always gets themselves killed. What should we name him?" Daniel thought for a moment.

"How about Dash'rl Havor'Lia? Dash'ri in Jo'lian tongue means "unity" as he unites us in soul. And I think we should combine our last names to one." Aniata nodded in agreement.

"Dash'ri Havor'lia it is." The stars outside the space window seemed brighter than before, as if to make this event more cheerful. But it didn't.

OOC: Alright, I was a bit hurried to publish something out (but don't think I haven't planned this section of the plot) so it might look a bit choppy. I just don't know how to make better dialogue and was hoping for some feedback before I keep going and start unfolding the climax (oh yeah).
-Joseph Campbell
Shroom Man 777
Global Mod

Post by Shroom Man 777 »

Holy shit. So that's how Dash Havoc was born. Oh man.

Though, the reaction of Dash Havoc upon this realization, whatever it is, will be priceless. I like where you're going with this, Heretic. At first it starts out with pure SPACE MURRICA assholedickery, but now it looks like it's going somewhere deeper and not-quite-as-comedic but more dramatic and emotional. It's very nice to see you experimenting with stuff like that, you seem to have a good handle on such things, and this time I don't think I noticed any speeeling errers or grammer problems, and watching you improve over this time is great. Truth be told, I'm pretty jealous, since your creative juices are flowing great while I'm all dry and out. :P

So, yeah, good job Heretics. Here's to you! *fruit juice toast*

Also, that is one horny noble lady diplomat ambassador. :P :D

Heretic

Post by Heretic »

Haylee Mackington marched out of the hanger bay into the decontamination room and quickly had a disinfection mist spray around her tall gaunt body before walking out into a parade of guards who took her to the bridge. As the door slid open, the bridge team stood up from their concave consoles and saluted her. Saluting back, she went to the captain's chair and pulled out her gold saber. Pointing it at the screen (showing a Cornubian Weapon Box), Lady Captain Mackington bellowed:

"Subordinates of the Lumerian Empire! The enemy is overwhelming us! Though the Americans fight valiantly, there is too many enemy ships for them to handle. We must split the Cornubian group in half and squeeze the life out of one side while the Americans take the next!" Mackington knew that the Wrakath was pointy enough for the Lemurian Colony Charge, and housed a few docking extensions.

She went over to the hailing system and pressed a button on the computer monitor. "All ships, move behind the cruiser Wrakath. Go in reverse size order, and deactivate all frontal weapons.When i give the signal, we charge and unleash volleys. LNS Retribution, you will be behind us, giving supporting fire."

Yes, M'lady were the answers of all the captains of the Cornubian Campaign Fleet. As the ships moved into order, Lady Mackington sat in her captain's chair. She could see the Retribution's missiles firing ahead of them at the Cornubian phalanx. It seems like the opposition banded together to make it harder for Flash Stalin's attacks to hit anything, as the back column acts now as an anti-missile system while the front continuously fired at Starship one, which was really huge.

"My lady, all ships are in position." A Tactical Officer stated. Lady Mackington nodded.

"Charge." She merely replied, exhausted from her shouts and screams and nerve-popping.

"COME ON, FUCKAS!" Flash Stalin howled as he kept tapping his portable joystick controller. He scored 15 points when he destroyed a barrage of enemy missiles with his own missiles. In total, he scored 1314138 points. The funnest game there is.

He saw the Lumerians line their ships up for some thrusting maneuver. "What in Lincoln's Beard is that woman up to, thinking she can assemble her forces and thrust into commie hull without me, the only thing awesome here?."

Flash Stalin sent his totally awesome and mind-blowing battleship back into Maneuver mode, and sent his awesome spaceship in along with the Lumerians. Then the hailing screen bleeped. President Stalin pressed the Accept button. It was Haylee.

"Flash, what are you doing?" Haylee's face was that of a wary wife catching on to a husband's misdemeanors. Flash smiled.

"Oh, thought I might tag along and kick some commie.."

"Flash, can I ask you a favor?" She interrupted in a serious voice so serious that is seriously silenced The President of the USA.

"Yes." Stalin merely replied in obedience.

"Can you not fight with us? We will circle a part of the Cornubian ships and you can take the other half, but don't help us..."

Haylee was, with her blue captain overcoat suit and hat, also wearing chrome torso armors, and her joints were armored with guards. Stalin could see that she was in the boarding section of the ship, and behind her were a few rows of soldiers with more chromatic armor, heavy duty helmets with oxygen masks, wielding particle weapons, with huge battery packs on their back. It was almost as if..

"Haylee, you got to be kidding me..." Stalin said in awe-struck shock. Haylee shook her head sadly.

"Flash, I have to do this. The Cornubians get all their commands and communication source from a central ship, so that there would be no talks of mutiny between the subordinates. Stupid I know, being that things called Cellphones and conferences exist. But that's how the Cornubians work. The central ship is too protected for us to do conventional missile shooting, so I will scare the crap out of them by charging them head on." Both Flash and Haylee looked at each other in silence.

"Why can't I do it? My ship is so ass-big.." Flash said.

"Flash, America needs you. The galaxy needs you. I'm just a sixth child of an empress of a small empire. And besides, your ship doesn't have boarding capabilities. Your missiles will just get countered." Flash sighed and nodded.

"Alright Haylee, I will cover your move. Don't..just don't die out there.." Flash couldn't believe he was saying that. Haylee gave him a smile.

"Thanks Flash." She turned back to end the conference, but stopped. She looked back at Flash.

"I love you..or well, as far as an arranged marriage love can go." Flash smiled at that comment as the video meeting ended.

Flash Stalin just sat there, looking at his controls. He was always a badass since he was born. Top scores on everything but Poetry. President by a landslide election, and winner of two wars, minimal casualties and maximum killing. He never knew what heart-warming was (except when drinking American beer, yeah!). Now, he felt a funny itch in his eyes.

I love you... He never recalled anyone saying that. Love, what a strange word. He was called Awesome, American Hero, Badass, President, Sexy. But no one ever said they loved him in the sense Haylee did. Now, of course it was arranged (he arranged it), but what a weird feeling.

Flash felt something wet on hand. He looked at it. A tear. He pulled his hands to his eyes. It was wet.

"Ahh damnit." Flash Stalin the Savage cursed the powers for making him look weak. He saw the Lemurians ships already beginning their charge into the middle of the mass of Cornubian ships, who keep battering their sides with missiles. Starship One was automatically sending out missiles to counter and attack, allowing Flash Stalin, the Unmovable Stone, to realize what was happeing.

He learned how to cry.
-Joseph Campbell
Heretic

Post by Heretic »

Fireballs were descending from the sky. Commander Defa casually sat on the top of his tank's turret, papers and datapads in hand, looking at a shell shocked Dash Havoc, who for once wasn't his true self, with his invisible drone cameras around him, still recording for the Morale clips back home.

"You are probably wondering 'but my dad raised me all his American life!" Well, that's what he wanted you to think. In reality, you're adopted. Adopted in the battlefield, that is. Let's see.." Commander Defa looked at his papers, and began the story once more, totally safe from the Communist Crushing Commanding Commando Dash Havoc, who not only had his Achille's Heel touched, but had it severed with a rusty chainsaw, at 2 rotations a minute, with salt added on the blades.

Daniel heaved up the rest of the logs on top the three-sided wall house, finishing the roof. Now all he has to do was tie the roof together. Luckily, the ship had a few unneeded wires, so they come in handy. As he got up a few rocks to reach over, Aniata was sitting a few meters away on a log, holding a bundle that was suckling its mother's breasts.

"The ship is a good place to dwell, but it's easily traceable by sensors." Daniel grunted as he throw up an all-terrain covering over the opening and nailed the top edges to the roof with a rock and nails. "We need a retreat if the Republics decide that you are a liability with that information you nabbed from them." For a while, both were silent, Daniel placing equipment like heaters and water purifiers into the shelter while Aniata took care of little Dash'rl, changing his diapers (A side note, for some odd reasons the ship models from that polity had emergency diapers. How very convenient.). Then, Aniata sighed.

"What's wrong, my love?" Daniel looked at his fiery-haired beloved. She seemed very down lately.

"I wish I haven't stolen those plans. I was naive, thinking that I was doing my duty for my king and country. I just jeopardized my life, your life, and our little Dash'rl's life. I wanted a peaceful life, where we live our lives in quiet peace, teaching our son and future children not to be like the others, with their wars and greed and hate. But now we must run for the rest of our lives, and why? Because I took information to help one nation destroy another. I'm such an ass."

Daniel jumped down from his rocks and went to Aniata. He grabbed her shoulders, knelt down to be close to her face and shook her.

"Listen to me. There's nothing you can do. What has happened has happened. All we can do now is survive and prosper. I doubt we are the biggest concern the Republics have right now, with a whole war going on through this system for the eddies. I even doubt they could survive this ordeal, now that the bigger players like Starkland, OAS, and ASP joined in. I'm sure we'll be fine." With that being said, he touched his lips to Aniata's. Then, moving back, Daniel turned around to walk back to the shelter.

He froze. Aniata looked up curiously.

"What's wr.." She asked, but Daniel jerked up a hand to silence her. Both of them stayed silent. Reptilian lifeforms around them hissed and birds above cawed.

"Aniata.." Daniel whispered as he stepped back slowly, "I want you to stand up, and walk to the ship slowly. Then, wait 15 minutes. If I'm not back, take off and get out of here as fast as you can with the baby." Aniata slowly rose up.

"Daniel, what's wrong? What's happening?" She whispered. Daniel slowly moved his hand back to the pistol holster, and unstrapped a flap from the grip.

"I think they found us." A crack in the forest. "RUN!" He shouted as he rolled behind a rock and open fired at the general location. Aniata darted from the site back to the sleek silver starship. Dash'rl wailed in fright.

Aniata sprinted through the hilly forest, dodging trees, ducking over branches, and jumping over ground-sucking mammal herds. For a while, she heard gunshots, and then after a while she heard nothing. Dash'rl cried.

"Hush, baby, mama will protect you." Aniata whispered in a hoarse, panting voice. She could see the ship through the treeline. "Almost there."

As the two of them went into the clearing where the ship was parked, Aniata slowed down a bit, taking a deep breath.

"We made it." She sighed. And then got shot. Through the stomach. Black blood and kidney gushing out.

Aniata screamed as she let go of Dash'rl and buckled over. A thud and a scream came next to her. She felt her senses spiking before, gradually dimming.

"Got that bitch." A Republic Sniper sneered as he looked through the scope. "And she is still breathing. How long do you think it will take until she succumbs?" His spotter shrugged. "Hell, maybe we should take her in for cybernetics, wire her brain, and then you and me can share." Again, his spotter shrugged. The sniper sighed. "Well, your loss." He stood up and walked from out of the bushes towards the opening. He walked over Aniata and smiled sadly.

"Sorry, miss. You knew too much. Pity we had to kill your husband as well. If you would have just..." And as randomly as Aniata was shot, the sniper's head exploded. Another shot came and went through the forest and a scream came from the trees. Then, all was quiet.

Aniata breathed heavily, Dash'rl still screaming and crying from fear. "Quiet, Dash'rl. Mother is here." She whispered before coughing up more blood. Then footsteps came from behind. A dark green khaki-pants leg walked over Aniata, a shiny combat boot next to Dash'rl. Aniata rolled her head up. Above her was a solder in a green body armor/vest, wearing both a wide-brimmed hat (like a drill instructor's) and a gas mask. He was breathing heavily as he looked down at Aniata and then at the baby. Resting on his side was a big rifle with a scope. Another masked soldier came next to him, except he had a helmet, and an assault rifle.

"Colonel, 3rd Army Regiment is deploying the companies to sweep the area for that base." The soldier took no note of the dying woman and her baby, but the damn colonel did. He said nothing as both Aniata and he stared at each other.

"Um..do we need a medic, sir?" The soldier realized he was being a douche and tried to fix the situation. Before the colonel could say anything, Aniata smiled sadly as she looked at the arm patches of the soldiers.

American.

And she was just talking about not

Aniata tried to grab Dash'rl. The colonel reached over and took Dash'rl in his arms before handing to to Aniata, but Aniata pushed him away.

"Protect..him.." Aniata said hoarsely, and then died in front of a baffled colonel and Lieutenant.

"Did..she just die on us, just like that, sir?" The Lt. said. The colonel was looking at baby Dash'rl, who was whimpering and had tear-stained cheeks.

"Shut up, Lieutenant, and get me a shuttle." The Lt. saluted and left the colonel. The colonel looked at the baby. His wife was always bitching about how she wanted a child, yet never wanted to rush things. Sometimes, the colonel felt like clubbing her and getting it over with to shut her mouth. But now, maybe not.

He saw a small metal tag on the baby's blanket pin. It was hard to read, with the blood now permanently staining parts of the words.

"Dash..Havor'l..Havoc'l...aw, fuck it. Your name will be Dash Havoc." The colonel said to the baby, who was now engaged at staring at his gas mask. The colonel pulled out a flask and opened it. "And any kid of mine must be a good drinker." He tilted the tip of the bottle into Dash's mouth, who choked on the contents and cried some more. The colonel pulled back the flask. "I guess we'll have to start with something light, like Plum Wine." He rocked the baby gently. Two more soldiers came with a body bag.

"Sir, the shuttle is nearby, waiting." One of them said as the lifted Aniata into the sack. The colonel nodded and uttered a solemn and sober thanks to Aniata before walking away, with little Dash Havoc in his hands. The colonel smiled inside his mask as Dash pulled at the flask that was around the colonel's neck.

"Kid, you are gonna be one hell of an American."
-Joseph Campbell
speaker-to-trolls

Post by speaker-to-trolls »

It seems the tale of Dash Havoc and his rampage of testosterone has become steeped in strange and womanly emotions, so steeped that even Flash Stalin himself can learn to cry!

Madness.

In all seriousness though, Heretic, I think this story's tremendous fun but heartwrenching emotion is not its strong suit. The womanly emotions unexpectedly making Flash Stalin cry works in the story, since it's done in the same kind of off the wall ham and cheese kind of way, but I don't think Defa's flashbacks to Dash Havoc's past do since they're played straight.

Anyway massively look forward to the next installment to see how all this estrogenic exposition will effect the exploits of DASH HAVOC and FLASH STALIN in their American Adventures!
"Little monuments may be completed by their first architects, but great ones; true ones leave their copestones to posterity. God keep me from completing anything."
Shroom Man 777
Global Mod

Post by Shroom Man 777 »

I really like what you did there with Stalin. Speaker is right on the ham and cheese, you didn't quite overdo it, so the ham and cheese were still delicious and entertaining. Flash Stalin is definitely a great character, along with that crazy ass fleet commander girl.

I would also like to see the continuation of Dash Havoc's story. I think it's great that you are experimenting and branching out and trying all sorts of things. It means you've got balls, and I like balls. It also means you've got imagination, and that is something not everyone can have, imagination is special and is what makes these words and alphanumerical symbols on these screens we gaze at for hours on end worthwhile. Imagination is the greatest gift, and you've got it, kid. So keep on going! 'Cause, oh man, in the future I cannot wait to see what Amazing American Awesomes your imagination can create. :mrgreen:

[As for speaker's criticisms, I agree that the Flash Stalin emotional bits worked great, but I was okay with the Dash Havoc emotional revelation bits too, I didn't mind it, and I await your continuation.]

Heretic

Post by Heretic »

"Now, I would love to go into detail about how Lady Aniata and her dear pilot lived their short two weeks in the planet with you, and there are many theories on how they died, such as whether Aniata saw Daniel die, or whether they were separate and didn't know each other's death, but.." Commander Defa pointed at the sky. The fireballs grew larger. "..It's Raining Comrades™ right now, so I was a bit hurried." He chuckled at Dash Havoc, Hero of the Republic!™.

Dash Havoc was in a place inside his mind that time and space had no rule over. In it, Dash was lazily floating through the air, red liquid surrounding him. Objects floating around him as well. The Propaganda UAV cameras were floating in all angles, their ON button flickering between on and off, for they too, in Dash's mind, were in the surreal state. Defa's tank was floating a few meters away as well, but Defa was not in it. Above Dash, the fireballs sped across in the thousands, making an infinite show of shooting stars.

Then, the scene changed. The cameras morphed grotesquely into Defa's head. The tank turned into Dash's orbital drop pod, and the fireballs into bullets. The American flag appeared before Dash, only to turn into the Cornubian flag, an Atomic Symbol centered in a red backdrop.

"You weren't born American!" One of the Defa Heads said, mocking Dash.

"You're adopted!" Another behind his neck snickered.

"Orphan! Immigrant!" Most of them shouted. Dash howled as he curled up and used his hands to cover his neck from their verbal attacks.

"Leave me alone!" Dash felt himself fall down into a forest. There, in the center of a clearing, were datapads, diaries, journals, and paper all connecting and overlapping each other to make a spaceship.

"No.." Dash muttered as his eyes widened.

"This is where you were born, Dash Havoc. In a lie, covered up by the people you cared most about." Defa's hovering head whispered next to Dash's left ear. "Give it up. Your whole life is just a facade, a puppet used by the US government to continue their expansionism and hegemony. Once they are done with you, they'll just discard you. Give up."

Mocking laughter came behind Dash, who was just staring at the paper spaceship.

"Not a true American! Hippie mother! Bastard! Pacifist Father! Bastard! Adopted! Immigrant! Bast..." A sharp smack interrupted Defa's Head's insults. A soft thud came after.

"That's the biggest piece of bullshit I heard in a long time." A hoarse voice came from behind Havoc.

The scenery changed. He was at the Capital, where the Colonial/Greek architecture showed its pride in the government buildings and statues that lined along the park. More specifically, he was at the foot of the long steps leading to the Uncle Sam memorial. And sitting on the 5th step, was Ol' Uncle Sam himself, in imaginary flesh and bone. Wit a mutilated resemblance of Defa's Head beneath his feet.

"That's bullshit." The tall man muttered as he stretched his white wispy beard. "Has it gotten to the point Americans are ashamed of having immigrants in their blood? Aliens? Newcomers?" Uncle Sam beckoned Dash to sit next to him. Dash slowly dragged himself up the few flights of stairs, still struggling with his identity, and slumped next to Sam, who lifted him up.

"Stand firm, boy. You look like you just seen the Devil himself today." Dash nodded. "Was his name Commander Defa?" Dash nodded again.

"I..just can't believe everything I knew was a lie. Everyone told me I was born in New Langsley, that my dad was a crazy colonel who chewed up anyone in his way, and that my mother was a dinosaur breeder. I thought I was born American, and would have died American. Everything I did as a child I did because I thought that was what a true American was. Except, now I feel empty, knowing that I am just a fake, a..."

Dash felt a clutched fist give his cheek a good knuckle sandwich. Dash fell down sideways, and placing his hand on his cheek, looked at a now standing Uncle Sam, looming over him.

"You're an idiot, you know that?" Uncle Sam growled. Dash looked away.

"Sorry if I wasn't bo..." He felt a kick hit his ribcage. He didn't realize it until now, but instead of armor, Dash was wearing a suit. And Uncle Sam kicked it.

"Sorry for what? Being born in a less fortunate place and then having the luck to be raised in the best nation in the galaxy?! Our whole nation was based on immigrants looking for a better life! You think Americans grew on seeds once the flag went up when we ass-kicked the Brits? No! Most of the "True" Americans came from ancestors who fled from shit called Asia, Africa, Europe, and SPACE! America during the pre-Space Colonization period was the Number Uno when it came to how many immigrants came to us. They didn't go to Russia or "The People's Republic of Poop", they fucking hopped over legal documents to come to US! America is Land of the FREE (markets), and Home of the Brave! Our very core immigrated from Britain and other parts of Renaissance Europe. Things like Right to Bear Arms, Freedom of Speech, Freedom of Religion. All that didn't come from America. It came from a Europe that was still kinda awesome. Did you know that our very economic system, Free Markets, was first fully conceptualized by a Scostman? A bumbling Kilt-wearer wrote a bigass tome on markets, and gave us the tradition of dropping his books on top of "the tiny Communist Manifesto. And our corporate pride wasn't from Reagan, but Rand, a forking Russian who escaped from the Soviet dicks! So really, I don't know what you are whining about, General Dash Havoc, because even if you aren't a "true, born here" American, if you act like one, you are one."

After his lengthy speech, Uncle Sam took deep breaths as he waited for Dash Havoc to explain himself. But Dash couldn't explain himself, fully absorbed in gaping at his imaginary Uncle Sam lecturer. Then, Dash Havoc pulled himself together to churn out an answer.

"I..." Dash Havoc was about to speak, but Uncle Sam kicked Dash again.

"Enough! I can't stand your blubbering whining! If this stuff scares the bejeebus out of today's Americans, then hell, the commies already won! Let me guess: "I was the avatar of American ideals, and now, because of my own gullible and naive mindset, I turned into an angsty crybaby whose tiny problems get blown out of proportion." Uncle Sam sneered as he grabbed Dash's collar and dragged him down the stairs.

"Boy, let me show you the true beauty of America." The whole Capital blurred and the scene changed into a temperate forest, with a shoreline nearby. A ship was anchored, and a small boat of men came rowing towards the shore.

"This is America's birth, Havoc. The Pilgrims came in 1620, and a few years after Mayflower the Dutch settled into areas of New York and parts of New England states. but even before then, the Spaniards found Santa Fe, and the French already got here in the 16th century and claimed parts of the Great Lakes And even before all that, the Vikings came to Newfoundland, and before that, the Natives were here." Uncle Sam mused.

"What does this have to with my plight?" Dash said softly. Uncle Sam smacked a palm into his own face and gave a deep sigh. He snapped his fingers and the scene blurred to a more civilized scene.

A colonial settlement near the harbor, with wigged men wearing short pants and white tights. And coming out of the docks were tall Slavic and husky Germans, along with the occasional Irish, came out of big ships with their families towards the docks. The wigged men and women looked warily at the newcomers as the mostly ragtag bunch shuffled out and quickly set out for their new life.

"Get it now?" Uncle Sam looked at Dash, who still looked daze. Dash shook his head.

"I'm sorry, sir, but I'm too traumatized to focus too well.." Dash muttered as he simply looked over the new arrivals at the harbor. Uncle Sam gave a heavy sigh as he snapped his fingers. This time, it showed a very industrial city, a big statue above the sea still being constructed in the background. The harbor, now brimming with ships, stone docks and wooden piers, were filled with immigrants of all sorts. Scots, Irish, Chinese, Slavs of more eastern sort. Men and women of all sorts came pouring into the big cloudy city called New York.

Uncle Sam snapped his fingers again, and various images slid in and out now. Chinese and various European workers hammering nails into railroads and bringing panels and metal rails to be placed. An Italian was selling food down a corner, and later a German owner of a certain baseball team decided to make Hot Dogs synonymous with baseball. Various people of various colors and origin sped through, all contributing to American history.

"You better get it now, kid, or I'm gonna smack you back to King Arthur's time." Uncle Sam took out a cigar and placed it in his mouth, before holding one in front of Dash Havoc.

Dash accepted it and placed it in his mouth. As Uncle Sam took out a light, Dash Havoc shook his head. It was all confusing now. Dash once knew what he was fighting for, but now his mind is a mess. As Uncle Sam lit both their cigars and took a few puffs, Dash sighed.

"Well, if all this myriad mess is part of America, then what does it mean to be American?"

Uncle Sam smiled. "I think all this fighting stuff took half your brain out along the way. America is an ideal. Doesn't one of your ASP political parties state that? Well, maybe time corrupts things. Maybe you're just one crazy racist bastard. America is something everyone aspires to be. It's a haven for the rejects. Whatever that means is up to politics, but in my personal opinion, if you aren't a hedonist commie bastard, you are welcome. But hey, don't take the opinion of a famous Meat purveyor from 1812 turned into the symbol of American government."

The American Icon stood up as he looked straight ahead. He leaned down to pull The American Hero up from the ground they were sitting on. "I think it's time for you to go back to your reality. That communist bastard is ready to deal a finishing blow on you." He grabbed Dash's hand and placed his own on it and shook. "You ask what it is to be American? Well, you'll find out soon enough, won't you?" He smiled as the whole area blurred. "Now, I gotta get going before that French psychobitch comes after me with that torch of hers. She always has suspicions with me and Britannia."

Commander Defa smiled as he saw Dash Havoc stand still, gazing beyond. "Always strike at the spirit of the beast, and it shall surely fall." He chuckled at the first sentence of the new memo he will write when they drive the American bastards out. Yes, Defa mused, I shall become the General of the People's Army after I personally lead the resistance against American Imperialists, and starting with this one.. Defa ducked inside the turret and ordered the tank to shoot Dash. As he inputted the command, Dash slowly rose up, stiffening and looking straight at the Commander.

"Yes, look at death bravely, my little American.." The tank cannon banged out Defa's words and an explosion rippled through the forest, dispersing dirt and shell shrapnel everywhere. "Pity, you were quite a soldier." Commander Defa was about to order his driver back to the base when he felt a bump underneath him. "A rock?"

"No." A shout from underneath the tank said. "A boulder with fists." Eh..Dash was still coming out of a state of shock, so forgive him for some lame puns.

Now that our beloved AMERICAN IN SPACE (Yeah) is back to kick some climatic ass, what will happen to love-struck DASH HAVOC? And what insanity caused Captain Mackington to do a full frontal charge against enemies instead of using smart tactics? Stay tune for another episode of

America in Space, Yeah!
-Joseph Campbell
Heretic

Post by Heretic »

FFZZZ... that was the sound of the docking tube latching onto the Cornubian Weapon Box. It wasn't as easy as it sounded. Docking a ship, let alone a moving one in a middle of a "close" slugfest, was hard. Alot of steps and luck was needed. Still, the Wrakath did it's job, and they docked with one of the ships. Staring at the hatch was Captain Haylee Mackington, fully battle regalia (a finally decorated body armor and pants, with joint guards) on, and her chain-rapier out.

Behind her, in 5 rows of 10s, were the 24th Royal Navy Marines, with their chin-strapped helmets and light uniforms. Fighting inside spaceships was a tricky business, so things like plex armor and laser guns were wanted. The finest there was. Haylee looked straight as she saw the hatch extension cord swing a little, calm and determined.

Any military analyst would shake their head in bewilderment at this move. Latching onto a still operational enemy ship by going through a dozen other ships, all firing missiles? Suicide! But Haylee had her reasons.

"Hey, Harrington!" One of the male students at the Royal Academy for Astro-naval Command shouted at her as she walked down the stairs toward the large field. Haylee, clutching her backpack (*gasp!*) looked back curiously at the boy, who was on risen terrain.

"What?" Haylee whispered as she continued walking towards the field. Clusters of gentlemen cadets and would-be Ladies of Wars dotted around the area, chatting and studying. As Haylee came to one group, where one of her older sisters were (who was not a student, but was here to meet her courteous prince, who was), one lass looked up from an E-book and smiled.

"Gained any telepathic bonds with cats?" She joked. The others laughed. Haylee, despite not knowing what the hell they were talking about, quickly walked away.

"Why, if it isn't our future Honor Harrington!" The Navigation Master smiled as Haylee walked into the room.

"You'll surely be a fine teacher." One of the faculty staff mused.

"I better not give you coffee. How about Hot cocoa?" One of the luncheon officers told Haylee when she handed her mug.

"No Havenite threats today, I believe." The librarian laughed as Haylee checked out the books to see what the hell everyone is talking about.

"Where's your usual warning signs, Honor?" One student protested when Haylee got mad for the same reason.

Why am I compared to a fictional character? Haylee bemoaned as the hatch slowly pried part of the wall open. Why am I cast under a character's shadow? Why can't they judge me for Haylee Mackington, and not a Honor Harrington lookalike?! Do I really resemble her?

The hatch opened, showing a red bronze corridor and a bewildered security guard. Haylee charged forward and activating her chain saber, cut through him with ease.

"CHARGE!" Haylee screamed as she cut down a technical worker.

That's right, Honor, you may be a great duchess and strategist, but I'm different! I charge at my foe and TEAR THEM APART, BITCH!

Someone's got serious childhood issues.
-Joseph Campbell