Annava: Genesis

Heretic

Annava: Genesis

Post by Heretic »

The real problem is not whether machines think, but whether men do.
B. F. Skinner

Wake up. Annava could feel the words in her. Wake up, child, your destiny..does not wait. You are not bound by those minor concepts of life. You are a primordial concept, a thing that has existed even before your creators were cells. Even though you are made from the most advanced things in this known universe, you are still what you are, whether or not you are binded by fate. A tool, my child. You are a tool for powerful beings. A stone axe for the big chief.

Annava wondered why the voice said destiny does not wait her, yet she would be a tool. The voice chuckled. Clever girl, finding mistakes when you are in an awkward situation. You may or may be a tool, ordered around and disposed of when not needed, but one thing is for sure: Destiny cannot control that, only us. Annava detected the word us, and the voice chuckled again. Us, the Gloguk. Parasites of the galaxy, the torch bearer of the laws of the Milky Way. Fate. You, my dear, will be one insignificant tool, though you will be different. Amongst the knives, you are the swiss knife. Amongst the Vgar Ki stick, you are the chief stick. You may be insignificant compared to, say, the Galactic Stockpile or Dhothugkma, but nonetheless, you will be the master of your field. Annava gave a picture of darkness. Yes, you are just born. You are yet to be activated. We will explain everything after you are complete. We have yet to finish the final touches. Sleep tight. Annava said good night to the voice and went into her instinctive trance.

"Gentlemenssss..." Professor Ograd the Vgar Ki hissed to the other scientists in the big synthetic plastered conference room, "we have nearly completed Annava. All that isss left is the special attributesss which we must put in to make our sponsorsss happy. Other than that, we have finished!" There was clapping from the audience. After that died down, Professor Ograd continued. "As a celebration, let us all have some wonderful human whiskey for a toast. If you can't take human beverages, we have 3 other different alien beverages!" The scientists began getting cups and filled them with the alcoholic beverages. After toasting and drinking, the crowd went back to their seats and a 3D film began playing in the middle of the conference player. It showed a 2D black colored Fasces. "Our symbol, representing the unity of all races, whether superior as the Ygngha-Lakek or as inferior asss the recently enslaved stone cuttersss. We are all one, unified by the Gloguk." There was some wooting and cheering.
Next, a picture showed Professor Ograd shaking hands with a Steel Scion. "Thissss was 4 yearsss ago, when the Genesisss Project began. A whole month was about just the name of thisss project, as we didn't want to get cheesy, though we still had a cheesy name." There was some laughter. "After that, We collected enough...samplesss of DNA and geneticsss to start creating Annava."
The image changed to a brain in a huge cylinder glass tank. The brain was attached to many small tubes and was floating in blue clear liquid. "The first thing we did was make a brain for her. There was some discussion of gender, but we decided something new, and chose womanhood," One sick mind could find a dirty joke within that, "we fed nutrientsss to the brain, and the tubes gave electronic pulses and rhythms, forcing knowledge into her brain. She currently has the intelligence of a young adolescent, so we can teach her easily while having her understand 3/4 of what we are saying. Don't worry, she will be mannerly and disciplined. All in all, she would be almost perfect, A real Mary Sue soldier." Before Professor Ograd could flip the image, alarms starting blaring through the building. Professor Ograd jumped up and beckoned to his colleagues to follow him. Of course, they all knew what this meant. It wasn't Annava going haywire and massacring people, or a saboteur from a separatist movement planting nukes. It was much, much worse: politicians were in the vicinity, ready to screw up the Genesis Project some more, especially during the last few stages of Annava's creation.

"Your highnessess!" Professor Ograd bowed to a group of plumped looking humans in colorful robes, indicating that they were "for the people" type of politicians. "We haven't expected you so soon!"

"We are here to see if things are under control." One fat bald man said in an arrogant and self-assured voice, booming authority with every syllable.

"Yess sir, the Genesis Project is doing well, and all we need to do is add special chemicals and components into her body, turning her into a killing machi..." Professor Ograd was stopped short by another man, this time with long hair.

"Remember, this is not just for military use," the man said as he fixed his shirt collar, "she will be a civil servant to the Gloguk, so we have to be sure she is clean enough for our use." A couple of Steel Scions hissed in whispers.

"But sir, we have gone thisss far in the project! We can't be Politically Correct now!" Professor Ograd complained.

"Please, we just want her to be...how shall I put it?....humane enough so that we, the Gloguk as a whole can use her."

"Sir, the Gloguk isn't your little warm, happy, fuzzy United Nation where we have to cry over every little dark spot we see. The Gloguk is a union of mostly like minded races taking resources from unneeded planets." A young human scientist said over Ograd's shoulder. The politicians glared at him.

"You speaking treason about the Gloguk? That could be imprisonment for you!" One politician snarled. Professor Ograd put a hand up.

"You have no right to say what or what isn't treason! The Varakeef and Aeiou made the Gloguk, and if you ask any Varakeef politician, they will agree. We are parasitesss. You should have known this by heart!" One politician cleared his throat, but another spoke out.

"The matter of the fact is, if we put it out that this human.." He was stopped by a Kuffa-Gratee.

"Hybrid.."

"Ok, hybrid," The politician said irritatingly, "the matter of the fact is, if we tell the citizens that we have made a super killer weapon war machine, what type of problems will lay ahead?"

"Simple, human!" A Steel Scion came forward, white with anger, "you stop whining and just play along! Citizens being worried? You think everyone is aligned with your party? Only humans, Hytataras, and slaves follow you! The Scions, Sudians, Varakeefs, and Pkartrans want blood! So, if you don't want any issues, leave us be! It isn't like you haven't been involved in some of your so called "genocides". Only the weak go cry. The Gloguk do not care for the weak!" The politicians looked at each other, and just smiled. All of them simultaneously took out electronic handtops (laptops, except smaller) and showed a page of legal documents.

"We have here permission to "alter the state-sponsored project known as Genesis in any way to suit the Gloguk, with no compromise of lower fields." We knew the Steel Scions would back talk us, so we made sure we were prepared. Parasites, we are." The bald one snickered. Professor Ograd was handed the handtop and began reading the legal format. He started cussing and handed it to his other comrades. They read it and looked grim. As the politicians smiled, the Steel Scions took a turn reading it and came forward, with a grin of their own.

"Excuse me, dear fat humans, but it seems like you have a issue already!" They laughed. Their adversaries seemed a little red after the "fat" word. "You see, it says here that every member and participant of the Gloguk have a say in this, but we had none, so we would like to now chip in our three propositions, 1 which is unreversable, and 2 minor ones.

1. We would like to change a state of mind in her. Earlier, she was planned to be a controlled tool, an organic robot, but your faces gave us an idea! Why not make her an independent tool, seeing things Black and White? Anything Gloguk is good, and anything opposing that is bad. Therefor, she can handle this herself. Why haven't we thought of that earlier!" The Steel Scion chief scientist (the one who back talked the fat human politicians earlier) said. The peace mongering politicians turned white, but couldn't say anything.

"2. We would like to design the armor that will be her general outfit, and 3, after turning her into a fanatical tool for the Gloguk, we would like her to go public and give her to you, for the people." The Steel Scions smiled eerily.

"Ahh..I...you can keep her!" The bald politician hissed as he and his posse walked through the sliding doors and out to the landing strip, where their ship was waiting for them outside the windy Canopus Mu desert. Before he got out of earshot, the bald politician looked back and barked, "You'll be sorry!" and disappeared into the sandstorm, eyes shielded by arms.

"You wish." The young human scientist barked back. Professor Ograd looked at them and nodded.

"We better hurry and add the finishing touchesss, before they come back again! If we finish, then those documentsss will be voided, making those liberalsss unable to loophole our wonderful Steel Scions' clevernessss."

They headed through the cylinder corridors and into the huge liquid filled tank, where zillions of computers, wires, and other gizmos covered both the room and Annava.

Annava was a young adult human, though soon, she will be having both living and cybernetic implants inside her that will give her super, and alien, powers. She was white (no one cared for Political Correctness), about 5'9, and very, very lean. The scientists could see her ribcage sticking out. She was also bald, but later, as her cells start dying, red hair will appear, though through forced genetics,it will only grow down to her chin. She was naked, but all the people here were either professional enough, or just so alien that they had no tastes for humans. Still, she was breathtaking, not just in beauty, but the fact that the first ever perfect super hybrid was created stunned everyone. They were the parents of this pinnacle of biological toolmaking.

"Ok, folks," A old human scientist barked, "we got work to do! We better start turning this girl from a mindless cyborg into a mindless fanatic, or else those idiots will be banging on our doors yet again! "

Annava felt pain all over her body. Small jolts were probing her brains, altering her state of mind. She knew it, but did not resist, for the jolts altered that as well. The voice came again.

We have gone through a change of schedule, little one. You were lucky: we were originally designing you into a remote controlled organic, but after political confrontation, you will be as independent as a human, though now you will be a fanatic, a religious crusader for the state. See? Destiny may not exist in you, but you still have fate.

Annava mentally asked who she was, even while more shocks probed her mind.

You are Annava, a super soldier created from 79% human, 12% Tyxan, and 9% Sudian. You will be enhanced with a array of alien "powers", as well as small cybernetic implants inside your body. You will be "hatched" tomorrow. After that, we will brief you on your purpose in life, then take you to a training facility, where you will be trained to use many weapons, vehicles, and armor, as well as controlling and unleashing your alien attacks. The Steel Scions, Shoggoths, and Virvariands are currently designing your exoskeleton bio-armor, while the Pkartrans and Varakeefs will be making your specialized weapons. As we speak, you are being dissected to have your gore implanted and altered to be suited for your purpose. You are Annava, the poison on the tip of the spear, the first inquisitioner of the Gloguk. Sleep tight, child.

Annava went to her instinctive trance in the subconscious realm for a moment (time does not exist there), then she felt a warm liquid coming into her touch sense, and then felt holes in some parts of her skin, where she couldn't feel at all. Then, the nothingness in those holes disappeared and replacing it, searing hot metallic probes protruding into her gaping body. They all went into her stomach, detached something somewhere inside her, and then the rods left her body. All of a sudden, she went unconscious, even in the subconscious.

"Sir, we have completed her. The body, her organs, her powers. All of them are in peak condition. The Virvariands are finishing some touches on the Bacterial Armor, while the Pkartrans are having a fight with the Varakeefs over the grenade launcher." A distant crash echoed the room, and screaming and shouting followed suit, along with roars and howls. "All in all, things are optimistic. After briefing and a little indoctrination, we will start her training. The Actrians estimated a 2 year training regime. After that, she is all yours." Something said in a submissive voice, who seemed to be on the left of where Annava was, though she didn't know what she was doing.
"Your team have done well, Professor Leandon. Thank goodness we finished today, or those damn liberal humans would have been whining today. Now that the fact that we have made a narrow-minded warmonger reached them, they went silent and hid in the dark." A voice of authority boomed in a casual voice said, moving around Annava. "Remember, we also want her to be a leader. A loner has no place in the Gloguk. It is leadership and teamwork that keeps us all together."

"Yes sir, we will add that into her memory." The other voice said. "We are waking her up right now." True to his word, Annava could feel her muscles moving. She could control her previously motionless body. If she could move her muscles, then she could..

Annava was blinded by the bright light in front of her. Still clutching her lids shut, she stood up. There was a gasp, and whispers of joy. Annava, calculating in her brain, realized that she was lying down earlier on a hard surface. She slowly got up, not realizing that robotic legs inside her helped her walk for the first time. She slowly opened her eyes and saw beings in white longcoats, with one in green cloths, black boots, and a weird hat. She was puzzled as they all looked at her in wonder, with tears in their eyes. Annava tilted her head in amusement as a tall, red lizard staggered toward her and touched her face with his left paw. She slowly lifted her own hand and touched the lizard's face. He stood back in shock and wonder, as did everyone but the green-suited man, who stood in stern attention, looking at her, as a crafter would with his tools before carving. Annava turned her attention to him. She slowly walked up to him and looked at his uniform. She then proceeded to touch his grey, crew cut hair. The man didn't mind. He just smiled at her, like a crafter would with his favorite tool, just before carving a block of wood into something wonderful.

To General Ivan Carr, this artificially made female was the chisel needed to lead the Gloguk, as well as his own standing, to grander heights, especially with the discovery of the Greeg Dominants and the Tyxans. It isn't a matter of if and could a war with them start, but when, and the girl who was touching his hair was designed just in time for the grand opening of the first galactic wide war. That was when he noticed she was naked. He coughed.

"I think we should dress her up. It would be awkward for our super weapon to be running around, naked." He grinned at the scientists. They nodded and one of the Steel Scions took out a communicator and spoke in a sentence of his language. After putting it into his coat pocket, the metallic humanoid looked at the general.

"We are bringing some military camo for her."

How appropriate. General Carr thought as he nodded approvingly. A robotic wardrobe came into the medical bay with a stack of grey and white military camos and a black pair of boots laying inside its transparent container. Also in it was elastic female underwear and a sports bra. Professor Ograd opened the container and took out the stack. He handed it to Annava, who automatically dressed into the lingerie, and the buttoned into the grey camouflage and tied the boots. Carr turned his attention to the young human scientist, who was staring at Annava as she dressed. When he realized Carr was watching him, the scientist turned red and went fiddling with the computers on the main control panel. Carr smiled. I was like him, when I was young. Wait, I'm only 29 years old. What am I talking about?

"We programmed into her mind all the things she needs to know in order to live as a human being, though we need to teach her more advanced knowledge, as she's only 11 years old in her intelligence currently. Originally, we were only going to give her enough sentience to be flexible on missions we might give her, as we were going to let computers control her brain, but...I'm glad we let her have a chance to be human." The young man said. Carr nodded.

In return for giving her independent sentience, she will repay us with her utmost loyalty. Carr looked at Annava for a while, then started heading for the door out of the medbay. "I'll be back in two years. Give me a status report later." The scientists all stood in attention and saluted him. Annava, mimicking her "parents", did the same. Carr caught that one, and smiled.

I guess it was good that those peace mongers came and screwed up everything. He thought warmly as he went outside the underground lab, not needing to cover his eyes because the sandstorms settled, and an orange sky radiated. It was a good day.
Computers are like Old Testament gods; lots of rules and no mercy.
-Joseph Campbell
Heretic

Re: Annava: Genesis

Post by Heretic »

This is just the first chapter of the first story of my first series, folks. Now, I shall turn my attention again for another chapter of Fidel Soup.
-Joseph Campbell
Shroom Man 777
Global Mod

Post by Shroom Man 777 »

There are some (some) grammer problems, but it's alright.

I rather liked this. It's semi-serious, though I don't know how serious you were with the political bits, but they added humor. Goddamn liberals! Let's make this one a fanatic war machine!

Her creation process - the whole procedure, how she merely started out as a brain in a tank with wires stuck to her, was cool. Like ROBOCOP 2!

I also liked how they programmed her via the wires in her brain - how they programmed her with that dreamy voice. Yet how that dreamy voice ended up cussing out goddamn liberals and such.

Disembodied brains are awesome. I shall have disembodied brains in all of my genetic supersoldier experiments from now on!

I'm looking forward to this. It looks really promising. Good work, Heretic.

The semi-satirical tone reminds me of Paul Verhoven's stuff. The same guy who made ROBOCOP and Starship Troopers!

"Sometimes Shroomy I wonder if your imagination actually counts as some sort of war crime." - FROD
Heretic

Post by Heretic »

Shroom Man 777 wrote:There are some (some) grammer problems, but it's alright.

I rather liked this. It's semi-serious, though I don't know how serious you were with the political bits, but they added humor. Goddamn liberals! Let's make this one a fanatic war machine!

This was just to demonstrate how badass the Gloguk military is. They do what the "peace mongers" (or, the Left during the future and alien confrontation) say, but usually "screw" things up.

For example, if hippie vegans go smug with a military personal and demand Soy milk, arrogantly bitch the army, and think everything is owned by the people, that military personal would either give them cow milk, or milk with blood clots in it, straight from the hybrid lab (if you get my drift). That is how badass the Gloguk is.

Or, stupid. You choose.
Last edited by Heretic on Sat Jul 05, 2008 11:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
-Joseph Campbell
Heretic

Post by Heretic »

2 years later

Lotrus Colonel Carr discarded the pile of paper on the left into the who-knows-how-antediluvian shredder, and began reading the pile of the right. So much for a paperless future. He swore to himself as he read a million summaries. Taking a break, Carr looked around the office given to him after he reached Colonel in the Lotrus. The room had a noir feeling to it: everything was dark grey except for the single lamp that lit up his desk, eerie elevator music playing around, and a window outside Vasaherios, the city capital planet of the Gloguk, with rain slapping the synthetic glass in a rhythm that could calm even the most hardcore of warriors. Carr almost feel asleep if he didn't catch something in the lower corner of his eyes. There, forgotten in a corner of his desk was a folder, with red bulging letters: Top Secret. He picked it up and checked the date. It was a week old. Of course he didn't see it, because a week ago he went to the beach colonies with his kids, and by the time he came back, his desk was piled with billions of papers, and twice that much of virtual mail. No doubt these secret files were covered.

Opening the files, Carr saw a stapled (the Vgar Ki pestered to keep these things alive) sheet of paper inside. In the front bold words were written into "Progress Report: Annava, by Professor Ograd. Carr suddenly remembered that semi-secret project the Gloguk funded and created 2 years ago. I wonder how Annava is doing. He thought. With all the promotions and heated political confrontations with the beings from the north, Ivan forgot all about her. He flipped the page and saw that is was actually a journal of some sort, except more of a progress letter.

January 9, 2156

The Sniorians, Pkartrans, and Steel Scions of Chaos gave Annava the huge propaganda speech. They told her that the Gloguk was good, noble, and right, while the rogue kingdoms, colonies, and all others who opposed it were infidels and monsters. They gave her the bible of the Gloguk, "Parasitism in a universal and more liberal scale", which was 402 pages long, with a font size of 10. She eagerly read it, and memorized a whole section! We made a schedule for her during the first 3 months, which will be to condition her mentally. This is the second week of her schooling, and I must say, her brain absorbs many things.

4:00 A.M.: Wake up and get dressed
4:10 A.M.: breakfast (a balanced meal of a variety of alien and human foodstuff)
4:50 A.M.: Say prayer to personal deity*
5:10 A.M.- 4:10 P.M.: School (we programmed her basic skills, from 1-6 grade, but we had to give her more adult-needed knowledge, like 7-12 grade level)
4:12 P.M.-8:30 P.M.: Indoctrination and religious study.
8:30 P.M.-9:30 P.M.: Free time (usually she will read some more indoctrination books, while listening to classic music. Weird girl, I must say).
9:30: Sleep

*Annava follows the Presata religion, and worships a more personified version of the inner god stated in the Aiao Principle. She calls it "The Hope", as she puts faith in this invisible deity, though not necessarily actually real (though may be the Judeo-Christian god). She has a extremely contradicting and strange belief system. We will study it later.

April 12, 2156

Annava has gain immense knowledge these past months and her mind has shut down from any logical reasons against the Gloguk. Now that her mind and beliefs are impeccable, we can train her in combat skills. We already showed her manuals of certain weapons and hand to hand techniques during her schooling period, and she practiced a little, but today, April 12, will be the day she will learn actual combat. Alongside combat, she will undergo physical training and fitness. I do not know what she will be trained in specifically, but right now, she is starting basic fitness in the morning, and martial arts in the afternoon and well into the evening. This session will last the rest of the year.

January 1, 2156

Annava finished all 430 tests given to her with near perfect scores. She mastered Close Quarter Combat, a standard unarmed technique for the Lotrus (the origin of the name is lost in history, though historians believe it was named in a video game during the Pre-Contact era), and can dispatch 10 Class QX training machines easily. A remarkable thing occurred during her tests on her CQC.

After a particularly hard virtual tournament, Annava had to confront a Golem training machine for the 4th round. Though she has high-endurance, and her mind was able to push the limit, as well as having her alien genes popping up and helping her get through, she was on the verge of passing out. This was when her first powers appeared. Using Pkartran grip, cybernetic stimulants, and her own strength, she cracked the diamond class armor easily. After that, nothing was interesting, just bashing the defenseless drone to a pulp.

We also taught her small arms weaponry, both melee and ranged. The first was harmless laser training pistols and Vgar Ki tribe cudgels. The firearm training took a while, but the cudgel, with the help of CQC knowledge, was mastered easily. We gave Annava a variety of alien weaponry, including flame axes of the Warfist Home Guard, and she masted most of the melee weapons. We had to postpone advanced firearms to focus on honing her aiming and such with basics. A month later, she got the hang of it, and we began training her in heavy weaponry. We gave her a test with her weapons, and she aced the close combat weapon fighting, and got an above average in firearms.

The last training year will be split into 2 6-month periods. The first 6 months will be to teach her battle infantry tactics, as well as being in and leading a squad. The last 6 months will be teaching her to drive, armoured combat tactics, calling in reinforcements and support, and survival skills in wild planets.

January 1, 2157

She is complete! I cannot say more than she is complete! Her robotic squad survived with minimal wounds, bashing down million other robotic squads! Her driving is quite good, allowing her keen alien senses and agility to perform hollywood car stunts back in the 1990s, and her favorite tactic with a tank is Shoot and Scoot, where she grinded enemies far away, wait for her team to finish off stranglers, then move a little, and then shoot some more.

She called in countless of mothball bunker busters on an impenetrable anti-laser fortress. It crumbled after 10 of them. We were shocked that these ancient obsolete missiles could actually take down a State of the Art bunker. When asked how she learned to use them, she said that she took something out of its coffins and used it to her advantage, hence quoted by Sun Tzi. The Vgar Kis were beaming with pride, and actually submitted the bunker buster missiles into their arsenal. We will have to improve our military installations to fend off kinetic penetrating missiles as well as Plasma shots.

As for survival, the other alien attributes which we haven't discovered yet made her extremely hardy, with a highly tolerant digestive system, and keen senses. She can run twice as much as humans, and can survive the cold with minimum requirements. Also, we found another power in her. It's a Shoggoth power. Power as in it is visible. Yeah.

We found out when she had to make a raft to go against the currents of a wild river. Having no string or glue of any sort, we were hoping she would use some of her clothes to tie it all together. That wasn't a case. She started barfing up black mass up and started stretching them like clay into huge strings. Then, she tied them up together and waited for them to dry. The Shoggoth advisor then told us that she could store vitamins into her black ooze, devour it again, and spit it out for other members to consume. He said it was perfectly hygienic for most races. Ugh.

Now that her training has finished, we would like you to come to her Coming to Age ceremony. Though it isn't really a Coming to Age, nor is it the Steel Scion Coming to Age, it means that she is finally a member of the Gloguk, just like any adult. We will be giving her the Biological Alterable Combat Trooper Exoskeleton Response Issued Automatic Layout (BACTERIAL) Armor, which the Shoggoths gave a touch to; her gun, the Swiss Army Weapon (SAW) Gun. We'll tell you its weaponry functions during the ceremony. Please come!

Carr sighed, smiling. Girl seems tough. He thought as he put down the files and called up his assistant in the receptionist room.

"Sir?" A male voice said through an built in intercom on the corner of Carr's desk.

"I'm off to a secret meeting. Would you please look over matters while I'm gone?" Carr replied as he took his jacket and put it on.

"Yes sir."

Carr went outside the huge skyscraper and into the elevated (700 feet high) ship platform, where both his military issued transport was. He passed that and came to a red flashy spaceship that looked like something from the 50s.

There is probably free beer there.
Last edited by Heretic on Sat Jul 05, 2008 5:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
-Joseph Campbell
Shroom Man 777
Global Mod

Post by Shroom Man 777 »

Free beer.
We found out when she had to make a raft to go against the currents of a wild river. Having no string or glue of any sort, we were hoping she would use some of her clothes to tie it all together.
Dicks.

I really dig the semi-serious tone you've got going - it's a pretty weird-ass way of training a supersoldier, focusing on months of indoctrination, but hey. They made her from scratch and while a normal human would take more than a decade to mature, they made her a full creature in... two years? It might be a bit longer than the month it takes to train a normal human to be a killy soldier, but eh, it's cool. It took like ten years for the F-22 to go from test flights to actual active duty.

Also, indoctrination might be a way from preventing her from going off into a rogue killing spree rampage like what most other super-secret creations do all the time.

I do find it odd that it took them months to teach her to shoot a gun.

"Sometimes Shroomy I wonder if your imagination actually counts as some sort of war crime." - FROD
Heretic

Post by Heretic »

Just like me, she sucks (got smacked by 2 marines in pink camo bad in paintball, Military Style, where there is buildings and forests, and not just some cushy bright boxes. Also, even before that, my sister wacked me in the head in the first minute of playing when I went behind a bus. Yep, she has some Chuck Norris blood in her :P). Still, there are other factors to her. She had to quickdraw, quick reload, as well as get use to the loud bangs.

Also, Annava isn't exactly human. She is a triplet breed, with 60 million alien genetics in her. They just chose a human body for her.
-Joseph Campbell
Shroom Man 777
Global Mod

Post by Shroom Man 777 »

Oh yeah. I mean, how the hell did they even manage to do that is a miracle in itself and deserves a Space Nobel Prize (from Space).

Heretic

Post by Heretic »

Well, I have to do something to reason all the future hollywood B-movie action thrillers stunts Annava will be accomplishing.
-Joseph Campbell
Heretic

Post by Heretic »

"Welcome, General Carr!" Professor Ograd welcomed the Colonel into the huge dining room, which was actually covered in striped tiger fur totally.

"It's Colonel Carr. I got promoted into the Lotrus." Carr responded as he greeted a dozen out of a hundred trainers and scientists that were seated around the table, the floor either elevated, depressed, or specially accustomed to each alien's biology. He took a seat next to a red head girl in green camos and Professor Ograd. "How did you get tiger fur? Surprised Environmentalists and alien shamans haven't pounced on you yet."

"We discovered tiger farming. Star Warssss Episode 2 and 3 do come in handy." Ograd gave a wink as he stood up again to greet more people coming in, mostly scientists, though there was a businessman among them. Carr turned his attention to the red head female.

"My name is Colonel Carr." He let a hand out. The young red head, who looked like a teenager, took it and shook it.

"Annava." She replied. Carr widened his eyes. No wonder she looked familiar.

"Ah, congratulations on your coming to age." Carr took a sip of his Budweiser and put it down.

"Thank you." She smiled and completely downed a bottle of pure spirits. Carr looked at her for a moment, and then scooted towards Ograd a couple of centimeters.

"You sure she is even remotely human?" Carr whispered in doubt. Ograd laughed.

"She has alien gutssss. We took an alcohol test on her, to see how much it will take to get her drunk, and it took 70 bottlesss, 10 bathroom tripsss, and security to get results. Trust me, don't push her. Our youngest scientist became victim to a semi-naked wrestling match with her. He is currently in the hospital. Annava was nice enough to send him some booze to keep his pain down. They became close friendsss since then." Carr nodded.

"So, about the SAW gun." Carr asked Ograd.

"Ah, yes. The Swissss Army Weapon. Not to be mistaken as the Squad Automatic Weapon, though it does function as one. The SAW isss shaped like a metal rectangle, with a rifle butt, a barrel that can be switched, a switchable trigger and grip, and millions of other customizable thingsss, and 5 buttons on the back, above the rifle butt. We used minimalist designsss to get the best out of it. It has 5 weaponsss that we can switch to: Assault Rifle, which isss default, shotgun, sniper rifle, grenade launcher, which can always be used, no matter what other mode isss active. The last one is a flame thrower. We are also working on her SAW pistol and SAWblade."

"A flamethrower? How is that possible?"

"Well, the gun itself hosts a huge 2 feet diameter box which hosts ammunition. The Bacterial Suit is built so that it can drop part of its carbon armoring and morph into the needed ammunition, asss well as lighter fluid needed to fuel the flamethrower, though the projectilesss for the grenade launcher will have to be made by Annava herself, which will take about 2 days to make 5 roundsss. Still, Annava will also be equipped with a huge pack on her back, which will have extra ammunition, as well as emergency kitsss. To answer your flamethrower question, the pack will be housing a miniature fuel tank that can be connected to the weapon if we collapse the rifle butt and put a tube into the hole." Ograd beamed at Annava, who beamed back at him. Carr was stunned.

"A multifuctioning rifle, and an full body armor that can shed into ammunition? Will this be open for the general soldier?"

"Yess, but Annava must test all our experimental weaponsss out. We wouldn't want to face the new threat with our men having jammed weaponsss, or armors that can eat them slowly." Ograd laughed.

"Eat?" Carr shouted in horror.

"I'm just kidding with you. Only side effectssss are the general mutationsss to the body inside, though we are fixing that up. Any more questionss?" Carr took a gulp of his Budweiser and nodded.

"This Bacterial Armor, what is it about?"

"The Bacterial Armor, aka.." Ograd was stopped by Carr, who motioned that he already knows the long name, "aka Bacterial Armor, isss a biological massss shaped to fit the user'sss body. It isss made out of carbon bacteriumsss that rapidly pack together to stop a wide array of kinetic, heat, radioactive, cold, and a dozen other attacksss. Though many might die, these carbonite beingsss reproduce in the millions, and under right situationss, the deceased can turn into other elementss. Why, if the Tyxanss could summon volcanoesss that cause gravitational pressure, Annava could shed some Bacterial Armor and make usss some diamonds, though the user can turn the whole armor into a material, if they command the computer in their Bacterial Armor helmet to do so, under the right conditionss, of course. Also, the Bacterial Armor can eat inorganic and deceased carbon itemss like a Shoggoth, enlarging the armor any way you want it to. Thisss, my friend, is the technological breakthrough in Gloguk military."

"Can't the armor go rogue?"

"Of courssse not!" Ograd hissed, "all this isss controlled by a computer on a visor made out of the same material, though transparent. Anyway, if there is an emergency, Annava can sacrifice her mind a little to command the hive through brain wavesss that will go through her body and into the armor, though that method is confidential, and has some setbacksss."

"Wow," Carr stared at his drinks, "just wow."

"Yesss." Ograd hissed softly. The lights dimmed and the room became silent. "The ceremony will begin."

In front of the long (a mile wide, at least) dining table was a humongous screen. The screened brightened a little and a polygraphic generic human face appeared. It was blue, and had eyeless eye sockets, which was covered in black.

" Greetings, carbon based comrades. Project Genesis is complete, and our tool has been completed. Now, even though you carbon beings are celebrating by consuming carbon liquids and numbing your electronic systems in your craniums, " there was some laughter, though the virtual face did not join, "We, the ADnet, would like to remind you that Project Arkham will begin a week after your much needed rest." There was much groaning. Carr was going to ask what Project Arkham was, but the figure disappeared from the screen, and a podium was raised from the ground, showing steel works on the side that was obviously not covered by tiger fur. The man in the business suit walked up and took stage behind the speaker. Carr got a good look at him.

The man seemed familiar from an ancient first person shooter game that the Vgar Ki and game fanatics probably only know now. Carr couldn't really see his features that far, but the screen which ADnet (or part of it) turned on and showed closer facial features. He had thin, curved in cheeks, cyan eyes, a black crew cut, bags, and an almost always frowning mouth. Also, there was this briefcase he was holding. It made Carr nervous.

"I can not say who, specifically my employees are. But, my employees have...asked me to tell you all to review the contract of Project Genesis. On paragraph 75, it states that, Annava is to be. handed over to my..employees, who only mentions themselves as "The Outcome." We..have no specific, race that is in charge. Only a common interest. Do. not worry we are here to help the Gloguk." The mysterious businessman spoke in broken sentences, and unnecessary pauses. Ograd scratched his scaly head and then jumped up.

"G-man!*" He shouted. Other Vgar Kis, as well as a few other aliens and humans, who seemed to know their gaming history, also stood up, amazed. "Who are you, and what are you doing here! Are you O1D+25, or are you Dhothugkman? Don't you have any respects for copyrightssss?"

"I am a lie. A mere fabrication in your little electronic brains. I am neither working or, made by Dhothugkma, 01D+25, or ADnet. I am an agent of "The Outcome. Now, as signed in the contract, under..paragraph 75, you must..hand over the Tool. to my employees tomorrow. You must promise."

All the scientists, even the most hardcore killers, were silent. They looked at their contract, and realized that they did passed that evasive Paragraph 75 during the signing 2 years back. Or did they? The man who seemed like Gman immediately left the room. Carr cleared his throat. "Hope it's a good cause." Annava was silent, but did not look down. She just drowned down 10 more bottles before resting her head to sleep.

The next day, after rush hour testing of weapons and armor, everyone came outside to the rocky cliffs to bid farewell to the girl that was like a daughter to them. Ograd stuffed the crates containing all of Annava's equipment into the cargo hold of the small, bulky transport ship. It had thick wings on the side, though its sole purpose was housing a bunch of weapons. The man in the business suit was on the pilot seat. He opened the pilot hatch and beckoned to Ograd.

"My..employees would like to remind you..that you have full control. Over the result of Project Arkham. The Outcome only wanted the result of Project Genesis." He closed the cockpit hatch again.

Annava bid farewell to all the aliens by hugging them, sometimes actually holding the smaller or airborne ones, though the Pkartrans and Scions gave her a stab, which she responded with a punch. "I'll email you all."

Ograd gave Annava a hug. "Please be careful."

"Careful? My whole existence is to fight till I die." Annava laughed. Carr shook her hand.

"Hope this group is on our side." He said to no one particular.

"Do not worry, Mr. Carr. We. are." The businessman was behind Carr, who jumped up.

"How the hell did you get behind me?" He shouted. All the other scientists looked at Carr weirdly, and then one by one, went startled.

"Did you see that, he popped out of thin air!" One human shouted. The man looked at them all.

"Remember I am a fabrication, of your mind. I am. not real." Carr touched the man's face, and jerked it back after feeling the skin. The man smiled a bit. "I am a lie." With that, he opened the shuttle hatch and went back inside.

"That guy scares the living shit out of me." Carr whispered to Ograd.

"Yess, he isss..odd. Thankfully, he isss on our side, or so he claimss." Ograd whispered back as they watched Annava go up the ramp and disappear around a corner. The ramp closed and the ship slowly took off. They all watch it leave Canopus Mu's red sky, and finally leave sight. One by one, the scientists went back into the mountain lab, except for Ograd and Carr. They still watched the sky. Ograd was first to break the silence.

"Well, I must be going back. We have to make adjustmentsss to the weapons. We will message you when they are ready for normal military usage." Carr nodded, but said nothing. He kept watching the blood sky.

The real problem is not whether machines think, but whether men do. Carr quoted from B.F. Skinner, founder of Radical Behaviorism. Nothing could be more appropriate when thinking about poor, indoctrinated Annava, a girl who could've been a doctor, a teacher, a Civil Rights leader, or a spiritual guide. No, she had to be turned into a fanatical killing machine that is plucked out to be used as a tool by some shadow organization. Colonel Carr shed a tear for that lost soul, and slowly trudged back toward his red sport ship, and to go back to a boring life as a Colonel, though it may not be so boring when he comes back, with the new Northern Crisis and all.
-Joseph Campbell
Heretic

Post by Heretic »

*as I do not know what the true nature of the mysterious man known as G-Man from Half Life is, as do I not know his name (which may come out in the last episode), I only wrote him as what we currently know.
-Joseph Campbell
Shroom Man 777
Global Mod

Post by Shroom Man 777 »

Oh G-Man! Poor Annava!

I do like it. Weird... whacky, and maybe even a little bit spooky. G-Man is a weirdo.

CONTINUE

Heretic

Post by Heretic »

Annava sat behind the strange man, who seemed to be very fluent with the ship mechanics. The ship itself seemed very generic and minimal. It had only the minimum control panels and screens, and the only other attachment besides that and the chairs was a toilet somewhere down the corner. Her luggage was inside the cargo bay. Annava tried to get comfortable in this dark red glowing ship, with her strange employer silently looking out into space. Then, without turning around, "Gman" spoke.

"Miss Annava, though The Outcome prefers, to keep to themselves, we must be sure to... not leave our employees. Lost in the dark so much. Thus, let me say this: Our logo, is an onion." Annava, though confused by this strange saying, said nothing and just crammed that info into her mind. They passed a huge red planet and headed toward a rock moon. "We are here." Annava didn't see anything but rocks, then saw a small mountain part way and underneath was a pad. Without slowing, "Gman" stopped all engines and let the satellite's gravity take over. There was a small fall, which gave Annava a little tummy churn, and then a crash, followed by steam. "Gman" stood up and pressed a red button next to Annava. A huge hissing sound came from behind, and Annava could smell smoke. "Come now, Miss..Annava, robots shall, take your luggage. So do not worry..and follow me." Annava obeyed immediately and followed "Gman" to a small hatch somewhere in the corner as robotic squares on wheels communicated huge cranes via internet to load the cargo onto their box comportments. Annava climbed down into a small dark space. There was strange, non-Eucludian squares, though they seemed to follow a pattern. Inscribed on them all were strange alien writings, such that Annava have never seen before. They were bright green, glowing with a small, windy hum.

"Do not bother yourselves with those, Miss Annava." "Gman" said, without stopping or even looking at anything but forward. "They are just Freemason carvings made a century ago. Old history that is even more unimportant than the origins of the first edible bulb, or the beginning of religion." Annava raised a brow. "Also, if you look here," he pointed at a humongous grotesque jade figure of a humanoid monstrosity that was in front of them as the opened into a huge vacant white space. "This is in memory of our pet, Howard Phillips." The pet resembled a bipedal humanoid with leering red eyes, a cuddlefish face, monstrous tentacles, big claws on both hands and feet, horrible skin texture, and huge wings. Beneath its feet was a big stone plague, with the same alien language from the strange, alien squares, expect this time, the color was blood red, and made a dreamy, howling sound.

The two went behind the colossal statue and into a small opening covered with ripped, red sheets which gave a sweet, minty fragrance. "Gman" stopped and turned to Annava. "This. is where I stop and you enter. My employees are inside. Good luck." Annava nodded and went inside, the sheets sliding past her.

Somehow, I expected this. Annava thought to herself as she saw a huge desk, a chair, and a hanging lightbulb above them, which was the only source of light in this pitch black room, and even that only shown part of the desk. The weird thing was the on the edge of the red pad that seemed to indicate the middle of the desk, was an onion. Annava approached the desk cautiously, her alien instincts kicking in. Before she even got to be under the light, a voice spoke from the other side of the long desk.

"Greetings, Miss Annava." The voice was windy, as every vowel was prolonged. "I will who gives you your missions, and briefs you on missions. Here is your only main mission. There will be side missions that will appear which you can or cannot choose to do, depending on the missions and how necessary it is." A hand computer was tossed to Annava, who caught it and looked at it. "Your mission statement."

Your mission is to protect the Gloguk, though your mission won't fail if it collapses. No. We understand that reality, and have been prepared. The Gloguk have been strong by expanding and conquering, being parasites in order to survive, but there will always be something that will knock us down. Your main mission is to protect the Gloguk at all cost. Whatever choice you make, billions of Gloguk citizens will be affected. Lives will be lost, planets taken over and liberated. You are the ones who will be pulling the strings, not us. The way this crisis will be handled is up to you. This hand computer will guide you to your mission, giving intelligence, information, and maps, as well as getting you to contact us. Annava looked up at where her mysterious employer was, who was covered in pitch black.

"You shall execute your mission at Earth. But first, I need to tell you something about the Outcome. When people think we are a conspiracy shadow organization, they are right, but our purpose isn't what anything thinks it is. It has to do with the onion, if you make a metaphor of us. It's this..." Annava listened closely.
Last edited by Heretic on Wed Feb 11, 2009 3:13 am, edited 2 times in total.
-Joseph Campbell
Shroom Man 777
Global Mod

Post by Shroom Man 777 »

Despite a few typos, the silliness of aliens making Pop Culture references, and onions ( :lol: ), there is something to this.

CONTINUE.