The Operations Team

Moderators: Shroom Man 777, Ford Prefect

Czernobog

The Operations Team

Post by Czernobog »

Removed due to a bunch of idiots.

ShroomMod action: Here is the content of Kamin's original post:
The Operations Team are some of the best guys in the mercenary business. They're tough, they're metahuman, and they're just damn good. They've fought in dozens of wars and battles, from the Balkans to Africa's heart of darkness, and are supremely skilled in all the aspects of ground warfare, from survival tactics to guerilla warfare, they just know it that damn well.

Their members consist of:

Zero: Sora Hikaru, a Japanese man whose main power is the ability to instinctively understand how to use firearms to their maximum advantage. Plasma, gauss, gunpowder, it doesn't matter, only that the object in question is widely considered a gun. His secondary powers are weak super-speed and some mild super-durability. He is the team's sniper, although he is also heavily skilled with other weapons.

Blitzschlag: Lars Gunther, a German mercenary whose main power is electrokinesis, the ability to control the flow of electricity. He's good with explosives, carries a rocket launcher, and is generally the guy the team go to when the team needs something blown up. He also carries an automatic shotgun for anti-personnel work, and as a back-up weapon.

Ares: Marius Thrace, a man from the USA who is the Squad Automatic Gunner. His main 'talents' are super-strength, enabling him to use a Heavy Machine Gun, and his super-durability, which lets him survive the bone-breaking recoil of actually using such a weapon.

Eclipse: Akira Nagato, a Japanese girl who found out that being infused with the primordial essence of a mystic shadow-deity wasn't so cool after all. She primarily functions as support and transportation for the team, but her powers potentially dwarf most of their own.
Last edited by Czernobog on Sun Jan 31, 2010 2:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
You have ruled this galaxy for ten thousand years.
You have little of account to show for your efforts.
Order. Unity. Obedience.
We taught the galaxy these things.

And we shall do so again.
Shroom Man 777
Global Mod

Re: The Operations Team

Post by Shroom Man 777 »

Kamin997 wrote:The Operations Team are some of the best guys in the mercenary business. They're tough, they're metahuman, and they're just damn good. They've fought in dozens of wars and battles, from the Balkans to Africa's heart of darkness, and are supremely skilled in all the aspects of ground warfare, from survival tactics to guerilla warfare, they just know it that damn well.

Zero: Sora Hikaru, a Japanese man whose main power is the ability to instinctively understand how to use firearms to their maximum advantage. Plasma, gauss, gunpowder, it doesn't matter, only that the object in question is widely considered a gun. His secondary powers are weak super-speed and some mild super-durability. He is the team's sniper, although he is also heavily skilled with other weapons.

Blitzschlag: Lars Gunther, a German mercenary whose main power is electrokinesis, the ability to control the flow of electricity. He's good with explosives, carries a rocket launcher, and is generally the guy the team go to when the team needs something blown up. He also carries an automatic shotgun for anti-personnel work, and as a back-up weapon.

Ares: Marius Thrace, a man from the USA who is the Squad Automatic Gunner. His main 'talents' are super-strength, enabling him to use a Heavy Machine Gun, and his super-durability, which lets him survive the bone-breaking recoil of actually using such a weapon.

Eclipse: Akira Nagato, a Japanese girl who found out that being infused with the primordial essence of a mystic shadow-deity wasn't so cool after all. She primarily functions as support and transportation for the team, but her powers potentially dwarf most of their own.
Just how many more uninspired two-to-three paragraphed bare-bones one-dimensional repetitive groups of freak mercenaries/alien invaders/demonic monsters/inane villains/or whatever are you going to pour into Comix? Are you attempting to beat your records in the fastest and least-thought-out poorly-conceived written articles here in Comix, and the rest of O1?

I just suddenly remembered that I've got moderator power in Comix and while this is a free verse, if the others agree to it then I've got no problem with enacting some quality control here. Because if Ford can't use his eyebeams, I might as well start bleeding breasts like tubes of bloody lactating squeezed-out toothpaste and cunting out all the whores' eyes.

"Sometimes Shroomy I wonder if your imagination actually counts as some sort of war crime." - FROD
Vagrant Orpheus

Post by Vagrant Orpheus »

So, freak merc group? Yawn. The best in the merc business? Fuck. No.

You are the least deserving member to be claiming that your creations are the best at anything. In fact, it's generally presumptuous to claim that at all, and I think you'd be hard pressed to find any articles that claim their persons are the best. In Comix there's a general assumption of sharing and co-existence. If you want your person to be 'the best' you show why they're the best, you do not tell.

Also, your characters are completely yawnworthy because they are simply a couple of lines about their powers. Hell, I'd go as far as to propose that Jackal Hunting is a better merc team than this and I never even wrote up a bio for them beyond a line or so each.
Czernobog

Post by Czernobog »

Shroom Man 777 wrote:
Kamin997 wrote:The Operations Team are some of the best guys in the mercenary business. They're tough, they're metahuman, and they're just damn good. They've fought in dozens of wars and battles, from the Balkans to Africa's heart of darkness, and are supremely skilled in all the aspects of ground warfare, from survival tactics to guerilla warfare, they just know it that damn well.

Just how many more uninspired two-to-three paragraphed bare-bones one-dimensional repetitive groups of freak mercenaries/alien invaders/demonic monsters/inane villains/or whatever are you going to pour into Comix? Are you attempting to beat your records in the fastest and least-thought-out poorly-conceived written articles here in Comix, and the rest of O1?

I just suddenly remembered that I've got moderator power in Comix and while this is a free verse, if the others agree to it then I've got no problem with enacting some quality control here. Because if Ford can't use his eyebeams, I might as well start bleeding breasts like tubes of bloody lactating squeezed-out toothpaste and cunting out all the whores' eyes.
It's always the same to you Shroom. No matter how different I try and make them, you always attack me for daring to try and write something. Always 'repetitive', always 'one-dimensional'. I find it tough to distinguish my characters from one another, but I need help, not inane insults. And that's something you're not grasping.

I'm not attempting to beat my records, I'm trying to do things quickly, because I always feel that way, feeling that I have to do things fast, before I run out of time or lose my inspiration.
Order. Unity. Obedience.

Vagrant Orpheus

You have no inspiration. Fast is not always good. In fact, more often it is bad. Your 'inspiration' always, without fail, results in something along the lines of this:
The Mega Badass

Origins:

Jack James Johnson J. Jacobs was an ordinary geologist who travelled the world doing surveying for big mining companies, and one day, when he was spelunking in the depths of a cavern off the coast of India to determine if there were any veins of valuable material at the bottom, he found that at the very bottom of the cave was a small tunnel, unnaturally smooth. Travelling along it, he emerged into a small column-filled chamber, and there he encountered a large statue carved from basalt, a four-armed god with a third eye that was a giant ruby. As he stepped over the threshold of the chamber’s entrance, a beam of light shone from the ruby eye and onto him, bestowing him vast powers as he became the living avatar of Shiva, the Destroyer.

With his new powers as the Destroyer, he decided to blow shit up for no reason. He was such a mega badass that Archwind and any other hero that could stop him seemingly vanished from existence as long as he was doing his evil deeds.

Then he blew up a city. Probably New York. Or London. Or Paris. Maybe even Hong Kong. Hell, he has four arms. He blew them all up at once.

Powers and Abilities

When Jack’s mystical third eye opens up, a searing beam of light lances out from it, causing anything it shines on to explode instantly. His body is tough enough to shrug off nuclear explosions as if they were flies. He can fly at the speed of light, go invisible and intangible and because he is the god of destruction he is everywhere at once and knows everything. He has four arms to he can wield 4 katanas at once, because that IS SO FUCKING COOL.

Appearance and Personality

Jack is of average height, with short black hair, big muscles and incredibly shiny teeth. He keeps them as white as possible, because he grins a lot, especially when he is enjoying the pure destruction he causes. He is, however, bland and one-dimensional and loves Japan for some inexplicable reason.

Weaknesses

His power is so amazingly strong that nobody else likes him or is able to appreciate the wonderful things he brings to the world. He is also cursed by the fact that he’s always right, even when the rest of the world is wrong.
I mean, really, honest to god, the longest of those characters has a description 63 words long. That's, what... 2-3 minutes of typing, tops? And are they a good 63 words? No, because I can sum it up even more briefly: Japanese sniper with metahuman powers to wield any gun perfectly. 10 words to completely, without any real loss of information, describe him.

You want to know why we insult you? Because you are beyond help. You've been on the board for several years now, more thanh I care to remember, and in all those years you have never improved. We have made suggestions, we've done our best, and you've never made any real attempt at changing. And if you have made those attempts, then I'm sorry to say it but you've failed miserably and are a lost cause. Hell, this is just... the worst you've come up with in a long time. We say your characters are always one dimensional and always repetitive because, guess what, they are always one dimensional and repetitive.
Shroom Man 777
Global Mod

Post by Shroom Man 777 »

Kamin997 wrote:Eclipse: Akira Nagato, a Japanese girl who found out that being infused with the primordial essence of a mystic shadow-deity wasn't so cool after all. She primarily functions as support and transportation for the team, but her powers potentially dwarf most of their own.
Kamin997 wrote:It's always the same to you Shroom.
I'm willing to bet bucketloads of bleeding breast blood that it's (almost) always the same to others too, Kamin.
No matter how different I try and make them, you always attack me for daring to try and write something.
I attack the low quality of this work.
Always 'repetitive', always 'one-dimensional'. I find it tough to distinguish my characters from one another, but I need help, not inane insults. And that's something you're not grasping.

I'm not attempting to beat my records, I'm trying to do things quickly, because I always feel that way, feeling that I have to do things fast, before I run out of time or lose my inspiration.
It's always the same to me, Kamin. No matter how hard you try and make them, you're trying to do things quickly (because you always feel that way, feeling that you have to do things fast, before you run out of time or lose your inspiration), and THAT is why you find it tough to distinguish your characters from one another, and THAT is why it's always 'repetitive' and always 'one-dimensional'. And that's something you're not grasping.

"Sometimes Shroomy I wonder if your imagination actually counts as some sort of war crime." - FROD
Czernobog

Post by Czernobog »

Shroom Man 777 wrote:
Kamin997 wrote:Eclipse: Akira Nagato, a Japanese girl who found out that being infused with the primordial essence of a mystic shadow-deity wasn't so cool after all. She primarily functions as support and transportation for the team, but her powers potentially dwarf most of their own.
http://fc08.deviantart.net/fs41/f/2009/ ... mpcp13.jpg
Kamin997 wrote:It's always the same to you Shroom.
I'm willing to bet bucketloads of bleeding breast blood that it's (almost) always the same to others too, Kamin.
No matter how different I try and make them, you always attack me for daring to try and write something.
I attack the low quality of this work.
Always 'repetitive', always 'one-dimensional'. I find it tough to distinguish my characters from one another, but I need help, not inane insults. And that's something you're not grasping.

It's always the same to me, Kamin. No matter how hard you try and make them, you're trying to do things quickly (because you always feel that way, feeling that you have to do things fast, before you run out of time or lose your inspiration), and THAT is why you find it tough to distinguish your characters from one another, and THAT is why it's always 'repetitive' and always 'one-dimensional'. And that's something you're not grasping.
Where did you get that picture from? I'm curious, as I was never aware that I was ripping off anybody. The idea just jumped full-formed into my head.

And yes, I try and do things quickly. I probably should think more about my ideas first, but I tend to have the urge to write them down quickly, before I run out of time, even though I know intellectually that I have plenty. It's just a difficult thing I always have to deal with.

Edited to remove the image tags of the big picture. We don't need everyone quoting the same picture repeatedly and filling this thread up with it.

- Shroom
Order. Unity. Obedience.

Shroom Man 777
Global Mod

Post by Shroom Man 777 »

Kamin997 wrote:Where did you get that picture from? I'm curious, as I was never aware that I was ripping off anybody. The idea just jumped full-formed into my head.
Bells. Art also by Malchus.

Being a descendant of shamans, the pimp had been taught some basic shamanic magic of the Mutsune cult. Seeking to let the Crow pay for ruining his business, bound Zul-che-quon, a mysterious shadow entity the Mutsune had worshipped as some sort of god, to the shadow of the kidnapped girl in the hopes of using her as the vessel for the god to unleash its wrath upon the insane vigilante who had massacred the pimp-shaman’s girls. Ironically, the first to feel its wrath was the pimp-shaman himself. Kidnapped kids apparently really don’t like their kidnappers, who knew?

So, not only is the article very short and not original (because this is your second repeat batch of one-dimensional freak mercs), but it's also not original.
And yes, I try and do things quickly. I probably should think more about my ideas first, but I tend to have the urge to write them down quickly, before I run out of time, even though I know intellectually that I have plenty. It's just a difficult thing I always have to deal with.
Then deal with it. Spend time and effort working on your articles so you can actually have something to show, instead of doing yourself and everyone else disservice with these half-baked Operations Tables and whatever.

Malchus
Location: In a chibi-land, eating the brains of H. P. Wuvcwaft.

Post by Malchus »

What. The. HELL?! :x

How could you come up with a character so similar to one of mine, one I've put on and repeatedly described in detail on several threads on this forum, while claiming not to know about her. I know you read the Shadows of Stalingrad, because you described the Schattenstamme as whispering voices in that other article of yours, and I only ever described it that way in said story. Bells features prominently in that story, but you somehow didn't know?!

Again, what the hell?
I admire the man, he has a high tolerance for insanity (and inanity - which he generously contributed!). ~Shroom, on my wierdness tolerance.
Czernobog

Post by Czernobog »

It was not intentional plagiarism.
Order. Unity. Obedience.

Malchus
Location: In a chibi-land, eating the brains of H. P. Wuvcwaft.

Post by Malchus »

Oh, how very brave of you Kamin. Hiding behind a PM, eh? Let us show all how petty you can really be, shall we?
Kamin's letest PM wrote:Just so you know, I never intended to rip you off. But due to your actions, I am considering killing off your precious MABRT, Bells & Pockets etc., just like you intended to do to my own characters and putting you on my ignore list.
Intended, eh? I said I was tempted to kill off Ludwig, but I won't because I'm not that big and petty of a dick. But if you want to go and kill them off, go ahead. Show everyone how childish you can truly be, and I shall laugh at your foolishness. Because, from what you've shown so far, your puerile attempts at revenge will surely be funny in the laughably pathetic sort of way.

Then, after I've had my laugh, I'll go ahead and gleefully ignore that fact that they're supposed to be dead and keep on making stories.

Good luck, have fun, and may you be forever blessed.
Last edited by Malchus on Sun Jan 31, 2010 2:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I admire the man, he has a high tolerance for insanity (and inanity - which he generously contributed!). ~Shroom, on my wierdness tolerance.
Vagrant Orpheus

Yeah, in the end, the fact that you're seriously threatening to render other people's characters non-canon, and that you actually think you can get away with it and that other people who write for this verse will actually follow along with you is hilarious. In the end it should really come down to a) the original creator or b) the person who's taken the character and done the most with it, which is generally a) anyway.
Shroom Man 777
Global Mod

Post by Shroom Man 777 »

Malchus wrote:Oh, how very brave of you Kamin. Hiding behind a PM, eh? Let us show all how petty you can really be, shall we?
Kamin's letest PM wrote:Just so you know, I never intended to rip you off. But due to your actions, I am considering killing off your precious MABRT, Bells & Pockets etc., just like you intended to do to my own characters and putting you on my ignore list.
Intended, eh? I said I was tempted to kill off Ludwig, but I won't because I'm not that big and petty of a dick. But if you want to go and kill them off, go ahead. Show everyone how childish you can truly be, and I shall laugh at your foolishness. Because, from what you've shown so far, your puerile attempts at revenge will surely be funny in the laughably pathetic sort of way.

Then, after I've had my laugh, I'll go ahead and gleefully ignore that fact that they're supposed to be dead and keep on making stories.

If Kamin acts like a bitch, then I guess he'll have to be dealt with. Comix is supposed to be a collaborative verse, but if unruly and disorderly little miscreants with a track record of plagiarism like Kamin - who is only allowed to be on O1 because of Siege's generosity - continue to misbehave, then disciplinary measures can be put in place and the forum can put him on the ignore list.

Wait, did I say ignore? I meant ban. Of course, that's up to Siege's discretion.

He comes here and acts like a prima donna and gets all hissy when people throw rotten tomatoes at him? Heh. We've tried being nice, we've tried letting him come back to O1. And this is how he acts? Well... :twisted:

Kamin if you can't collaborate in a collaborative verse, then what exactly are you doing here?

Czernobog

Post by Czernobog »

Shroom Man 777 wrote:
Malchus wrote:Oh, how very brave of you Kamin. Hiding behind a PM, eh? Let us show all how petty you can really be, shall we?

If Kamin acts like a bitch, then I guess he'll have to be dealt with. Comix is supposed to be a collaborative verse, but if unruly and disorderly little miscreants with a track record of plagiarism like Kamin - who is only allowed to be on O1 because of Siege's generosity - continue to misbehave, then disciplinary measures can be put in place and the forum can put him on the ignore list.

Wait, did I say ignore? I meant ban. Of course, that's up to Siege's discretion.

He comes here and acts like a prima donna and gets all hissy when people throw rotten tomatoes at him? Heh. We've tried being nice, we've tried letting him come back to O1. And this is how he acts? Well... :twisted:

Kamin if you can't collaborate in a collaborative verse, then what exactly are you doing here?
I did not intend to rip off anybody when I wrote the article. Nobody whatsoever. I am saying this honestly. But of course, everybody always believes the other person's side of the story. It's always the same for me. At school, at home, nobody believes me. And I'm sick of it.

I didn't act this way because you were being nice. I only acted this way because of Malchus and you. You never have a kind word to say. And I am trying my hardest to collaborate with you here, but if nobody cares...well, I'm leaving.

But I'm not. I'm gonna go quiet for a while, always thinking hard before I produce something, never creating things without thinking hard first. That's what I'll do. I'll always think before I act, I promise to the best of my capacity. That's what I'll do. Believe me or disbelieve me, I don't care.
Order. Unity. Obedience.

Shroom Man 777
Global Mod

Post by Shroom Man 777 »

Kamin997 wrote:Removed due to a bunch of idiots.
Un-removed by mod-action.

So, pray tell, why would you want to work in a collab verse with a bunch of idiots, hm? It looks like in all the ventures in O1 that requires you to work with other people, things seemed to have ended up pretty much the same way - tits up, and with a whole lot of problems with you right in the middle of it.

None of these problems have happened with other members. The rest of us have been able to get along with each other just fine, despite our disagreements, and we've been able to work together and collaborate on a number of things.
Kamin997 wrote:I did not intend to rip off anybody when I wrote the article. Nobody whatsoever. I am saying this honestly. But of course, everybody always believes the other person's side of the story. It's always the same for me. At school, at home, nobody believes me. And I'm sick of it.
There is skepticism because these unintended ripoffs seem to recur and repeat every so often.
I didn't act this way because you were being nice. I only acted this way because of Malchus and you. You never have a kind word to say. And I am trying my hardest to collaborate with you here, but if nobody cares...well, I'm leaving.
You always act like this whenever things don't go your way, this isn't the first time we've seen you having your tantrums.

Everyone involved here, and then some, can attest to the sheer amount of patience I've had for you.
But I'm not. I'm gonna go quiet for a while, always thinking hard before I produce something, never creating things without thinking hard first. That's what I'll do. I'll always think before I act, I promise to the best of my capacity. That's what I'll do. Believe me or disbelieve me, I don't care.
You better keep that promise.

As I've said, this isn't the first time we've had trouble with you, Kamin. I think you would be best served if you just aired out all your other grievances and issues, since it seems like you've got quite a few of them here in O1.

Czernobog

Post by Czernobog »

I will, then.
Order. Unity. Obedience.

Siege
Site Admin

Post by Siege »

Okay, that'll be enough dog-piling for now, folks. This thread is closed; nothing to see here, move along.
"Nick Fury. Old-school cold warrior. The original black ops hardcase. Long before I stepped off a C-130 at Da Nang, Fury and his team had set fire to half of Asia." - Frank Castle

For, now De Ruyter's topsails
Off naked Chatham show,
We dare not meet him with our fleet -
And this the Dutchmen know!