Saintly Services

Moderators: Shroom Man 777, Ford Prefect

Ford Prefect

Saintly Services

Post by Ford Prefect »

I thought that this forum seemed a little lonely, so I decided to make my first repost here.

An introduction for the unenlightened: Saintly Concerns, Inc is one of the largest corporations in the world, and has the dubious honour of being largest producer and provider of military services on the face of the planet. It provides such a volume of arms and armaments to such a large percentage of the world's population that the numbers almost have to be completely made up; it is unlikely that any military, or anything approaching a military anywhere, has not in some way provided Anthony Saint with some part of his seventy billion dollar personal fortune. Saintly Concerns employs, through its library-like array of subsidary companies, hundreds of thousands, if not millions, of people worldwide. Whole cities could be populated by its public relations division.

To fully describe the dizzying array of products it produces would be next to impossible: it builds and sells aircraft supercarriers including the USN's Grand Canyon class and the lesser Nimitz, military aircraft such as the B-01 Lancer, B-02 Spirit and the B-03 Polaris, satellites, fusion-powered launch vehicles, intercontinental ballistic missiles and defense systems, advanced electronic sensors and systems, some of the most sophisticated stealth technology currently on the market, premier indirect fire beam weaponry, has a considerable division devoted entirely to Information Systems and warfare, a similar division devoted to economic systems and warfare, manufactures body armour and personal arms for infantry, as well as a variety of civillian produce such as cars and airliners. Only the extensive cybernetic systems supporting the company and controlled by the AI Lucifer are likely to know everything that Saintly Concernns actually sells. Only the business empire controlled by Jurgen Baccara can match it in scale, and only Hero Labs itself exceeds it.

To own such a company has made Tony Saint an exceedingly rich, powerful and public man. His supporters call him a visionary in design and business practice, citing the efficiency and capability of his weapons and the manner in which his company has come to own and control all but the most powerful of his competitors in the business of war. His detractors call him a despicable merchant of death, a man whose money has been won with killing fields filled with countless corpses killed by his weapons. Among the alumni at the top of the Fortune 500 list, Saint has made his name and his money with seas of blood and forests of bone, with shattered cities and orphaned children, with lies and treachery and murder and espionage and really big guns. This article will attempt to compile a list of the most notable of his killers of men.
Last edited by Ford Prefect on Wed Dec 10, 2008 1:13 pm, edited 3 times in total.
FEEL THESE GUNS ARCHWIND THESE ARE THE GUNS OF THE FLESHY MESSIAH THE TOOLS OF CREATION AND DESTRUCTION THAT WILL ENACT THE LAW OF MAN ACROSS THE UNIVERSE
Malchus
Location: In a chibi-land, eating the brains of H. P. Wuvcwaft.

Re: Saintly Products

Post by Malchus »

It hath returneth! Awesome. And the thrid paragraph really makes me think that if Archwind is Superman, except, y'know, less of a sick and Definative guy is like Superman, except, y'know, even more of a dick; then Tony Saint really is like Tony Stark, except, y'know, even more of a dick. Or should that be Magnificent Bastard? ;)
I admire the man, he has a high tolerance for insanity (and inanity - which he generously contributed!). ~Shroom, on my wierdness tolerance.
Ford Prefect

Post by Ford Prefect »

Rahkshata Chandra stood with her hands on her hips. The brilliant nineteen year old narrowed her down eyes at the diamond-winged plane sitting before her majestically. Frowning, she turned to Tony. "Are you honestly telling me you spent billions of dollars purely so you could own this? Why bother?"

"Haven't you heard?" Anthony Saint replied with a smile. "I'm monopolising war."

The YF-23 Black Widow II/SC-23 Devilfish Advanced Tactical Fighter

Two brothers in flight - one of the first SC-23 ATF (upper right) keeps pace with the original. Though it has been marked 'YF' in a weak attempt to hide its identity, the complete lack of flaps gives it away immediately as the sixth generation superplane.

When Anthony Saint was a younger man, he witnessed the Advanced Tactical Fighter program come into being. He watched as Lockheed and Northrop clashed against each other to win a what would eventually become one of the most prestigious contracts in the American defence industry. It was envisaged that the ATF would incorporate emerging technologies including advanced alloys and composite material, advanced fly-by-wire flight control systems, higher power propulsion systems, and low-observable, or stealth technology. The weapons of this 'war'? The YF-22, later known as the Raptor, and the YF-23, nicknamed the Black Widow II, after a plane from World War II.

Anthony Saint was impressed by both of these planes. So much so that he wanted one. In fact, he wanted both, as is his nature. Part of this stemmed from the fact that Saintly Concerns (and by extension him) had been flatly refused any involvement, and thus had been cut out of one of the biggest slices of American military-industrial pie. He had not been the only one - Rockwell and Grumman were locked out as well, though many years earlier. Even with the triumphant capture of the entire Herstal Group, sour notions ran through Saint's mind for a considerable period of time. However, following the advice of his mentor Ronald von Reagan, he decided play the game and win regardless. In '89, he completed negotiations with both Rockwell and Grumman, combining their forces so to speak. In '92, he completed negotiations with the loosing side of the ATF program: Northrop, and thus won their YF-23 fighter plane. Some nights Saint sits awake and looks back on these years, at the corporate espionage, the bribes and murder, and asks himself if it was really worth it just for a fighter jet which he thought was particularly kick ass. He tends to come to the conclusion that it was.

The generally unethical and exceedingly ammoral methods aside, the fact remains that Saintly Concerns ballooned, and Tony Saint owned the YF-23. It would serve as the flagship of his manned air-superiority services. It's general performance was not so far removed from that of Lockheed Martin's Raptor, and its rather unusual design looked good on brochures. A fifth generation fighter with fourth generation stealth technology would be attractive to countries pretty much everywhere. In addition, he believed that it would be possible to use the Black Widow as a test bed for more advanced technologies, and produce a sixth generation overfighter. He would later have this angle explored in order to produce a cheaper alternative to seventh generation uberfighters such as the F-22X. USAF air superiority was and is owned by Lockheed Martin, essentially cementing its position as a top dog provider. However, it cannot provide to anywhere else in the world.

Currently, Saintly Concerns offers two broad variants on the Northrop design. The YF-23 (chosen because Saint likes the 'YF') is very familiar to the test types produced for ATF. As a fifth generation superfighter, it is capable of supercruise and is highly stealthy in comparison to earlier fighters; including the novel feature of rear jet nozzle troughs lined with heat ablating tiles, reducing its IR signature from below. Despite being incapable of thrust vectoring because of the design of its engine nozzels, it is still highly agile; it is inferior in this regard to the F-22, though it is still relatively close. Likewise, its payload is somewhat smaller than that of the F-22.

In comparison, the SC-23, nicknamed the Devilfish, is a considerably different machine. As an overfighter of the sixth generation, it eclipses its originator by a considerable margin. To begin with, it is constructed from an aeroelastic composite of Saint's design, which also operates as an optical wavelength phased array. As a result, it lacks all form of control surfaces, as the airframe itself is able to adapt at will, giving the Devilfish something of the look of a living creature. It would also have fifth generation stealth abilities through the proper aplication of phased array optics ... if it didn't already mount the Electromagnetic Interference System. Its powerplant is fusion, and its fusion scramjets make it a single-stage to orbit craft. While its munitions payload is no greater than that of the YF-23, it mounts a large number of indirect fire beam weapons, also known as homing lasers. Technically speaking, the entire body of the fighter is also potentially a laser, though there are no recorded instances of taking place. In addition, there is a third variant, which Saint does not sell. Known as the Devilfish Customs, they form the basis of a small mercenary taskforce of fighter pilots. They are not significantly different to a 'standard' Devilfish, though are heavily tweaked to the preferences of their aces pilots, making them a cut above the standard.

There are rumours that the 23 will form the basis for Saintly Concerns to engineer a series of transformable fighters; mostly this is a function of Saint feeding his own whims - it has been known for some time he has been attempting to build a working version of Optimus Prime.

Currently, Black Widows and Devilfish are sold to a variety of countries around the world incapable of matching the F-22 development costs. Notably, the YF-23 is popular in the Middle East and Africa, with significant numbers being purchased by the Israeli Air Force, the Egyptian Air Force and the Royal Saudi Air Force, where it has managed to beat out the Eurofighter Typhoon. Though it has made no real grounds in Europe, it is being considered by the Royal Australian Air Force. The SC-23, being a more expensive piece of equipment, is manufactured on a limited basis for various clients; particularly those wishing to begin the expansion of the air forces into space.
Last edited by Ford Prefect on Sat May 31, 2008 6:22 am, edited 2 times in total.
FEEL THESE GUNS ARCHWIND THESE ARE THE GUNS OF THE FLESHY MESSIAH THE TOOLS OF CREATION AND DESTRUCTION THAT WILL ENACT THE LAW OF MAN ACROSS THE UNIVERSE
Ford Prefect

Post by Ford Prefect »

Malchus wrote:It hath returneth! Awesome. And the thrid paragraph really makes me think that if Archwind is Superman, except, y'know, less of a sick and Definative guy is like Superman, except, y'know, even more of a dick; then Tony Saint really is like Tony Stark, except, y'know, even more of a dick. Or should that be Magnificent Bastard? ;)
Saint is a Very Bad Man. He is pretty much my expy of Tony Stark, my favourite Marvel character, but he is also my Lex Luthor. To this end I have exaggerated traits such as how much of an asshole he is, while retaining things like intellect and charisma, even if he couldnt' build a tiny arc reactor in a cave with spare parts. ;)

Also, my reworked YF-23 article has appeared. I have forgotten stuff, though, such as the nature of the cockpit, and it seems like my glorious shopped picture isn't showing up properly.
Mobius 1
Global Mod

Post by Mobius 1 »

The entire bit- the introduction and the article- is pretty good, and I was going to go through and note winsome things, but then I saw that Saint was building Optimus Christ. And I lost it. In a good way. A very good way.
SHADOW TEMPEST BLACK || STB2: MIDNIGHT PARADOX
The day our skys fe||, the heavens split to create new skies.
Shroom Man 777
Global Mod

Post by Shroom Man 777 »

Oh god yes. The article's gotten really good. Particularly because *gasp* you've canonized it! Canonized the fact that Anthony Saint was mentored by Ronald von Reagan!

And now that you've cemented the fact that Saint IS the Lord of War, the master of the military-industrial complex, I've lost all aversions to the idea. I mean, back then when it seemed like Saint was just another arms contractor, his Magnificent Bastardness was... eh. But now, with him providing aircraft carriers, well :twisted:

Goddamn Saint.

Goddamn von Reagan.

It is a little known fact that when Ronald von Reagan succumbed to Alzheimer's, he began communicating exclusively in German.

"Sometimes Shroomy I wonder if your imagination actually counts as some sort of war crime." - FROD
Heretic

Post by Heretic »

Oh, mang. CapCap can now buy all the things he possibly wished for. Now, no Viet Cong zombie can stand the wrath of the harbinger of capitalism!
Computers are like Old Testament gods; lots of rules and no mercy.
-Joseph Campbell
Ford Prefect

Post by Ford Prefect »

Shroom Man 777 wrote:Oh god yes. The article's gotten really good. Particularly because *gasp* you've canonized it! Canonized the fact that Anthony Saint was mentored by Ronald von Reagan!
Even if the idea was really, really silly, the Saturn VII Heist did result in some great ideas. :D
And now that you've cemented the fact that Saint IS the Lord of War, the master of the military-industrial complex, I've lost all aversions to the idea. I mean, back then when it seemed like Saint was just another arms contractor, his Magnificent Bastardness was... eh. But now, with him providing aircraft carriers, well :twisted:
I'm glad that you like it. In the end, I just decided to punch it and hit the burners, and stop pussyfooting around. I was actually worried about this, because even though I've established that he's the second richest man on earth on alternate days, I was never really running with what he actually did as a megacorporation (which is what Saintly Concerns evolved into almost autonomously). I just wasn't sure that it was still within the obunds of my 'out of this world reasonableness'.

If you catch my drift.
Oh, mang. CapCap can now buy all the things he possibly wished for. Now, no Viet Cong zombie can stand the wrath of the harbinger of capitalism!
If you've got the money, he's got the goods. And if Saintly Concerns hasn't got the goods, then Vagrant Arms does. Only I wouldn't buy anything from Lilliet du Lac (or Saint for that matter, but I know him really well).
Malchus

Post by Malchus »

These gems really stood out for me:
Ford Prefect wrote:However, following the advice of his mentor Ronald von Reagan, he decided play the game and win regardless.
Now I have a mental image of Saint saying, Patton style: "Ronald, you magnificent bastard, I read your book!!!" :lol:
Some nights Saint sits awake and looks back on these years, at the corporate espionage, the bribes and murder, and asks himself if it was really worth it just for a fighter jet which he thought was particularly kick ass. He tends to come to the conclusion that it was.
Somehow, "dick" just doesn't quite do that line any justice. :P
I admire the man, he has a high tolerance for insanity (and inanity - which he generously contributed!). ~Shroom, on my wierdness tolerance.
Shroom Man 777
Global Mod

Post by Shroom Man 777 »

Where is your MSNs, Malchus?!

"Sometimes Shroomy I wonder if your imagination actually counts as some sort of war crime." - FROD
Malchus

Post by Malchus »

Shroom Man 777 wrote:Where is your MSNs, Malchus?!
Well, I have signed up. But now what do I do?

It's been seven long years since I've been in a chatroom, and I have no idea what to do. Talk about an EPIC FAIL moment... :oops:
Shroom Man 777
Global Mod

Post by Shroom Man 777 »

Ford Prefect

Post by Ford Prefect »

Malchus, if you've downloaded and installed MSN, or Windows Live Messenger (or whatever they call it), it's just a process of adding new contacts - it's the first option on the 'Contacts' menu, at least on Live Messenger. If you have any of our emails, stick them in.
Malchus

Post by Malchus »

Can you guys PM me your e-mails then?
Vagrant Orpheus

Post by Vagrant Orpheus »

Man, Stark just keeps on trying to monopolise war. Thankfully, Lillet and VAD still hold the second largest portion of the arms industry, and it's a significant chunk. I'm opposed to the idea of any one company monopolising anything in a competitive world like this, so I refuse to believe that Stark is as powerful as he believes he is.

Anyway, if Banner bought back VAD he could probably revive it massively. Banner never fails when he enters a business market. Hence why his Banner Industries Degeneratron has the leading share (but not monopoly) in the gaming industry.

I approve of Stark's tendency to waste money on needless things though. It's very rich personish.
Shroom Man 777
Global Mod

Post by Shroom Man 777 »

Lockheed still rules the skies (of America).

VAD sells killy things to people all over the world, too. I mean, when you want to shoot someone with a futuristic assault rifle, it's either a Saintly Concerns SCAR/SCHIG or a VAD-Westinghouse Plasma Infantry Gun (with General Electric batteries).

And VAD does have awesome killy robots.

This is, of course, not counting the Russian Lords of War. Turbaned Indian fighter pilots in Su-47 Berkuts for the win!

Ford Prefect

Post by Ford Prefect »

Vagrant Orpheus wrote:Man, Stark just keeps on trying to monopolise war.
Outside of joking around and messing with the odd reporter, he isn't actually interested in monopolising war, nor does he have a monopoly. Except on aircraft carriers, but Northrop Grumman has a monopoly on Nimitz class aircraft carriers in real life.

Apart from it being impossible (he'll never get his hands on Lockheed Martin), he doesn't even want to, or even need to. That he even has competitors in the world-wide production of arms doesn't bother him. If Jurgen Baccara, his only real rival, jumped an additional twenty billion dollars in personal wealth ahead, then it wouldn't really matter.

Saintly Concerns and the myriad of companies which it now owns, such as Northrop, Rockwell, FN Herstal and so on and so on, they're just a means to an end. He has extremely realistic assesments of his actual power. He has no business in being deluded.
I approve of Stark's tendency to waste money on needless things though. It's very rich personish.
He got it from von Reagan. ;)
Shroom Man 777
Global Mod

Post by Shroom Man 777 »

Mmm... Northrop Grumman makes B-2 bombers. Rockwell has the B-1 Lancer. Two very sexy planes.

Perhaps in the 90s, Saintly Concerns and Lockheed basically dissected the "real world" American defense industries into two? Lockheed got Northrop's sea assets, while Lockheed got the skies?

We could see some minor magnificent bastardry from Lockheed in order to make sure Saint doesn't own the American skies!

[Then again, that's not much compared to Saint's earlier exploits in acquiring NASA assets...]

Peregrin

Post by Peregrin »

I like it that Saint put the YF-23 into mass production, it's one awesome-looking plane. 8-) The Devilfish sounds even awesomer (I know that isn't a word, but it should be! :lol: ) - can't wait for his next product. What about a NUKULAR LANDMINE? :mrgreen:
"You could not step twice into the same river; for other waters are ever flowing on to you." - Heraclitus