Oneshot: Firewing's Flight

Moderators: Shroom Man 777, Ford Prefect

Czernobog

Oneshot: Firewing's Flight

Post by Czernobog »

I am a dragon.

The Dragon Lord will face me in battle by day's end - by day's end I will be victorious. My many progeny fly with me into the skies, flying to war. They strike, I the size of a mountain, my lustrous black scales shining in the sunlight. I roar to call them to war, shattering the plains, ripping the ground apart, sundering apart the very continental plates in a roar unheard by any dragon before or after. The sea rushes to fill the gap, but little do I know that it will form the island the upstart humans will call Madagascar.

I breath out, and fire scorches the plains and forests for a thousand miles, the smoke rising high into the sky, blotting out the sun. Lightning rains from on high, lightning I can turn to my advantage as I send it straight at the Elder Dragon known as Alyxinistrazxa, 'Fire's Life' in our tongue. The bolt, powerful enough to shatter a mountain, strikes her down with a terrible blow.

Her cooling corpse falls to the burning, scorched earth, but the Dragon Lord does not fall to that trick, flying above the ash cloud to the very edge of the atmosphere. I search deep below the continental plates, finding a supervolcanic plume that I can use to my advantage. I pull billions of tons of magma upwards, and it explodes, ripping a massive hole in the earth's crust and flooding the ground with lava, a tidal wave of molten rock causing an earthquake that makes the very Earth ring like a bell.

It will wipe out most species on this planet and most of my brood, but is sufficient to kill the four remaining Elder Dragons.

I sense the Dragon Lord flying upwards, beyond this wretched Earth, and I pursue, dogging his tail. A volcanic winter now corrupts the planet I was sworn to protect, but it does not matter, as I unleash my full speed and find him on Mars. The primitive sentients there are puny, and the Dragon Lord is attempting to protect their cities.

How pathetic of him.

I send a rock down from orbit at them, destroying a city, but the Dragon Lord does not take the bate, and simply vanishes. I will find and kill him, I swear.

Even if it takes eternity.
You have ruled this galaxy for ten thousand years.
You have little of account to show for your efforts.
Order. Unity. Obedience.
We taught the galaxy these things.

And we shall do so again.