Games!

For the talkin' of jibba jabba.
Siege
Site Admin

Re: Games!

Post by Siege » Thu Nov 09, 2017 5:24 pm

WatchDogs is free on uPlay right now, and I'm glad I never paid money for it. Fifteen minutes and it's already the same old carchase with clunky-ass driving / do fetchquests to unlock the world / cool skills locked behind layers of boring crap / we don't explain the mechanics of our own game bullshit that I got tired of after GTA 3. No thanks, I'll stick to something more fun.
"Nick Fury. Old-school cold warrior. The original black ops hardcase. Long before I stepped off a C-130 at Da Nang, Fury and his team had set fire to half of Asia." - Frank Castle

It's a cowardly form of politics to use my spouse to beat me. Instead I shall drop the beat!

Steve

Post by Steve » Sun Jan 20, 2019 7:10 pm

So Ace Combat 7 is out. I know a few people here have used Ace Combat-related material in memes and stories before, so I was curious if anyone was playing it or considering getting it.
"A Radical is a man with both feet planted firmly in the air." – Franklin Delano Roosevelt

"No folly is more costly than the folly of intolerant idealism." - Sir Winston L. S. Churchill, Princips Britannia

Moderator of SDN, Former Spacebattles Super-Mod, Veteran Chatnik

Booted Vulture

Post by Booted Vulture » Sun Jan 20, 2019 9:33 pm

Mobius 1 will be getting it for sure bit I don't think he checks the forums anymore.
Ah Brother! It's been too long!

Invictus

Post by Invictus » Mon Jan 21, 2019 3:44 am

Booted Vulture wrote:
Sun Jan 20, 2019 9:33 pm
Mobius 1 will be getting it for sure bit I don't think he checks the forums anymore.
I can see him on facebook and believe me he's very hype.
"This explanation posits that external observation leads to the collapse of the quantum wave function. This is another expression of reactionary idealism, and it's indeed the most brazen expression."
-
REBUILD OF COMIX STAGE 1 - Rey Quirino Versus the Dark Heart of the Philippines
"...a literary atrocity against the senses..." - Ford

REBUILD OF COMIX STAGE 2 - Advent Rey Returns: REVERGELTUNG
Coming NEVER

Steve

Post by Steve » Mon Jan 21, 2019 10:26 pm

I hope he still is after those missions. This game is, hrm... unforgiving. I will go with that. The time limits are tight and it will punish you if you are an imprecise flier or try to run missions without the proper equipment. And they love to throw challenges at you, like adding searchlights to the "fly through a valley or instant-failure" mission, or having to track ground targets that appear only momentarily at long range due to a dust storm. Or going after air and ground targets while in a thunderstorm and getting struck by lightning at times.

The fun thing is that the campaign and multiplayer share the aircraft tree, so you can spend all your time running multiplayer matches and earn resources to buy new aircraft. You can literally fly into the first mission with an F-22 if you do nothing but multiplayer until you buy your way to it.
"A Radical is a man with both feet planted firmly in the air." – Franklin Delano Roosevelt

"No folly is more costly than the folly of intolerant idealism." - Sir Winston L. S. Churchill, Princips Britannia

Steve

Post by Steve » Wed Jan 30, 2019 7:32 am

Kingdom Hearts 3 is out. 'nuff said. 8-)

Shroom Man 777
Global Mod

Post by Shroom Man 777 » Fri Feb 08, 2019 4:09 pm

Steve wrote:
Wed Jan 30, 2019 7:32 am
Kingdom Hearts 3 is out. 'nuff said. 8-)

:lol:

"Sometimes Shroomy I wonder if your imagination actually counts as some sort of war crime." - FROD