Long Abscence Thread.

For the talkin' of jibba jabba.
Siege
Site Admin

Re: Long Abscence Thread.

Post by Siege » Fri Apr 01, 2016 1:11 am

Good to know the Big Z is still around :D. Nice to see you!
"Nick Fury. Old-school cold warrior. The original black ops hardcase. Long before I stepped off a C-130 at Da Nang, Fury and his team had set fire to half of Asia." - Frank Castle

Fate don't fail me now.

AiurZ

Post by AiurZ » Fri Apr 01, 2016 8:09 am

Hey there Mr Cool! How's life? You guys flooded with refugees too? Have you written a book yet? Stay safe bro.

Siege
Site Admin

Post by Siege » Fri Apr 01, 2016 3:46 pm

Life is good. Refugees really aren't that big a deal, I remember when the Balkans disintegrated in the '90s, that was a way bigger issue. No book, but I do write for a living, so that's something :D. You still rocking the guitar?
"Nick Fury. Old-school cold warrior. The original black ops hardcase. Long before I stepped off a C-130 at Da Nang, Fury and his team had set fire to half of Asia." - Frank Castle

Fate don't fail me now.

AiurZ

Post by AiurZ » Fri Apr 01, 2016 4:21 pm

Good to hear that. I do hope them refugees bring nothing but love to your people. I heard they couldn't stop staring at your girls :D . Where are you writing at? Local magazines? Are you still doing that radio thing?

My old Stratocaster is just collecting dust now. I've switched to singing a few years back but I don't do that professionally. I had plans for doing some weekend classic rock and blues gigs at local clubs but it had been pretty tough getting bandmates who are skilled AND on the same mindset. Man, I had a great set list. It's a shame that we couldn't get it done. Some other time maybe, when the kids are a bit grown up.

Siege
Site Admin

Post by Siege » Fri Apr 01, 2016 5:49 pm

Public relations, and yeah the radio station is still on. Gonna do a show tonight :). Too bad about the strat, but at least they never go bad so you can pick it back up in a bit. And the blues never goes out of fashion, so there's that! How's the family?

Fate don't fail me now.

AiurZ

Post by AiurZ » Sun Apr 03, 2016 4:38 am

Public relations? As in government articles?

Yeah, strats never go bad, not like girls. Haha. Sadly folks here are less into blues and more into crap. Very few appreciate blues, classic rock, and jazz.

Do you have recorded samples of your radio show on youtube?

Family's okay, kids are entering school. Pretty tough on the pockets but that's life.

You have family now, Mr Cool? Or planning to settle down soon?

Siege
Site Admin

Post by Siege » Sat Apr 09, 2016 2:53 pm

I do communications and a bunch of supporting stuff for the regional Labour party here, so, uh... Kinda government? I guess?

The show's not on YouTube, but there is a way to stream episodes from the last two weeks. Not sure if it works abroad though, but check it out I suppose :D.

I'm not much for settling down myself, but good to hear your family is doing well. I see the occasional pictures go by on FB, they look lovely :).

Fate don't fail me now.

AiurZ

Post by AiurZ » Wed Apr 13, 2016 6:36 pm

Sounds nice. Writing is in your blood, might as well get some money out of it.

I think I can access the link. Will try to listen later.

The kids are growing fast. Pictures and videos are all that will be left soon of their childhood so I'm taking lots of them hehe.

Well then as long as you're happy, that's absolutely fine (not settling down).

Catch you around, Mr cool! Ciao.

Siege
Site Admin

Post by Siege » Thu Apr 14, 2016 12:07 am

And indeed all the best to you too, Mr. Big :D. Come to think of it, how's your appetite for world building these days? Can I seduce you into, I dunno, some collaborative world building mayhaps?

Fate don't fail me now.

Mobius 1
Global Mod

Post by Mobius 1 » Tue Oct 18, 2016 9:22 pm

Howdy guys! I know I've been gone for a while, but with a lot of family trouble and switching schools I've been completely out of it. I still keep in contact with a few of you on facebook, but I've really been feeling the writing itch recently. Or, more specifically, the worldbuilding itch. I've been on a Gundam post-by-post RPG forum for a few years now and I've been poking at turning it into its own separate verse for a while. Hopefully I can get my feet back underneath me and start posting again.
SHADOW TEMPEST BLACK || STB2: MIDNIGHT PARADOX
The day our skys fe||, the heavens split to create new skies.

Booted Vulture

Post by Booted Vulture » Wed Oct 19, 2016 1:55 pm

Hurrah! I was just thinking about TE and Carnage Marine punch ups the other day. Hopefully there will be some quality ak-shun incoming.
Ah Brother! It's been too long!

Siege
Site Admin

Post by Siege » Wed Oct 19, 2016 4:38 pm

Hey Moby, good to hear you're still around! Hope you're doing well, and obviously we'd be more than thrilled to have anything you're gonna write :) .

Fate don't fail me now.

Invictus

Post by Invictus » Thu Oct 20, 2016 9:28 am

Welcome back! I do see the Gundam there.
"This explanation posits that external observation leads to the collapse of the quantum wave function. This is another expression of reactionary idealism, and it's indeed the most brazen expression."
-
REBUILD OF COMIX STAGE 1 - Rey Quirino Versus the Dark Heart of the Philippines
"...a literary atrocity against the senses..." - Ford

REBUILD OF COMIX STAGE 2 - Advent Rey Returns: REVERGELTUNG
Coming NEVER

Heretic

Post by Heretic » Sun Sep 15, 2019 7:11 am

Been helping my sister's worldbuilding stuff, so haven't been on lately and catching up on Steve's Writings.
Computers are like Old Testament gods; lots of rules and no mercy.
-Joseph Campbell

Invictus

Post by Invictus » Sun Sep 15, 2019 4:33 pm

Heretic wrote:
Sun Sep 15, 2019 7:11 am
Been helping my sister's worldbuilding stuff, so haven't been on lately and catching up on Steve's Writings.
Well well!
"This explanation posits that external observation leads to the collapse of the quantum wave function. This is another expression of reactionary idealism, and it's indeed the most brazen expression."
-
REBUILD OF COMIX STAGE 1 - Rey Quirino Versus the Dark Heart of the Philippines
"...a literary atrocity against the senses..." - Ford

REBUILD OF COMIX STAGE 2 - Advent Rey Returns: REVERGELTUNG
Coming NEVER

Siege
Site Admin

Post by Siege » Mon Sep 16, 2019 3:38 pm

Glad to have you back, Heretic!

Fate don't fail me now.