Disabled registration

For the talkin' of jibba jabba.
Siege
Site Admin

Disabled registration

Post by Siege »

Hey guys,

Quick update: apparently the wanker types that get off on building spambots to hassle people improved their scripts so they can defeat the anti-spambot registration settings, causing my mailbox to be flooded with registration approval requests (I have to manually ok every new member because of this spambot wankery). I can't deal with this problem atm seeing as I'm mobile on a shoot so just wanted to let you know that as a quick fix new registrations are disabled until further notice.

Cheers,
Siege-
"Nick Fury. Old-school cold warrior. The original black ops hardcase. Long before I stepped off a C-130 at Da Nang, Fury and his team had set fire to half of Asia." - Frank Castle

For, now De Ruyter's topsails
Off naked Chatham show,
We dare not meet him with our fleet -
And this the Dutchmen know!
Ford Prefect

Re: Disabled registration

Post by Ford Prefect »

Thanks for the heads up.
FEEL THESE GUNS ARCHWIND THESE ARE THE GUNS OF THE FLESHY MESSIAH THE TOOLS OF CREATION AND DESTRUCTION THAT WILL ENACT THE LAW OF MAN ACROSS THE UNIVERSE
NoXion

Post by NoXion »

Sorry if I'm not understanding correctly, but does this mean that there are no new registrations full stop, or that Siege has to manually approve them?

I'd just like to be clear on what happens if someone, say for example, shows an interest in Nova Mundi and would like an account here in order to post stuff.
Siege
Site Admin

Post by Siege »

Oh dear, I forgot this was actually a thing...

I've changed some user registration settings, including the Q&A question, and re-enabled user registration. Like before every user must be manually cleared by an admin, i.e. me, but I get e-mails about such things so that shouldn't be a problem. So folks are free to sign up again and should be free to post within a day or two.
"Nick Fury. Old-school cold warrior. The original black ops hardcase. Long before I stepped off a C-130 at Da Nang, Fury and his team had set fire to half of Asia." - Frank Castle

For, now De Ruyter's topsails
Off naked Chatham show,
We dare not meet him with our fleet -
And this the Dutchmen know!