[NEWS]The "What the Heck is He Doing? + Updates" Thread

Reservoir

[NEWS]The "What the Heck is He Doing? + Updates" Thread

Post by Reservoir »

This thread is simply devoted to giving you general info as to why I may or may not be updating on a regular basis, why I'm being lazy (or not), and what updates have happened that day (if any). So, without further ado:

12/22/08 - This thread is added. I'm still working on OSaS, but certain personal events, plus working holidays at a retail store, plus the end of school semester have bogged me down considerably. Gimme some time.
Last edited by Reservoir on Fri Mar 06, 2009 7:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"You may never fire a single shot in your entire term as a Common Star Militia servicemember. Some would naively consider that a milestone, representing all that the CSM and CSN are made to be. But, it doesn't mean you will ever forget the things you will hear, see, or do during that time. Cloak and daggers has become child's play, Privates and PFCs: welcome to the Thick...may God watch over you all."
-CSM Chief Master Sergeant Andrew Ford, to CSM PFC John Karmach and the other recruits of the Common Star Militia, Outer Colonies Branch, Section 13, 319 Division, Class of 4133
Ainnir_Dar_Eire

Re: The "What the Heck is He Doing? + Updates" Thread

Post by Ainnir_Dar_Eire »

Aw poo...Oh well writing genius takes time ^_^
Reservoir

Post by Reservoir »

1/14/09 - I *promise* I've not forgotten poor Karmach and the story. Just...haven't had time. To be quite honest, I've found myself having a harder time trying to figure out how to get him to Avon - I know what to do once he gets there...but it's the boring task of getting there that's daunting. And boring.

However, as a bonus...I may have another, separate story arc ready to spew out...soon...
"You may never fire a single shot in your entire term as a Common Star Militia servicemember. Some would naively consider that a milestone, representing all that the CSM and CSN are made to be. But, it doesn't mean you will ever forget the things you will hear, see, or do during that time. Cloak and daggers has become child's play, Privates and PFCs: welcome to the Thick...may God watch over you all."
-CSM Chief Master Sergeant Andrew Ford, to CSM PFC John Karmach and the other recruits of the Common Star Militia, Outer Colonies Branch, Section 13, 319 Division, Class of 4133
Ford Prefect

Post by Ford Prefect »

It's fine. Just take your time.
FEEL THESE GUNS ARCHWIND THESE ARE THE GUNS OF THE FLESHY MESSIAH THE TOOLS OF CREATION AND DESTRUCTION THAT WILL ENACT THE LAW OF MAN ACROSS THE UNIVERSE
Reservoir

Post by Reservoir »

2/27/09 - OSaS still lives, if only wheezing at the moment! Added more story to the Long Road arc, and I'm already in the works for another arc...one with a differing perspective, one that will shed light on what seems to be the minor Avon conflict...and what's really only just beginning.
Reservoir

Re: [NEWS]The "What the Heck is He Doing? + Updates" Thread

Post by Reservoir »

05/01/09

Well, I feel like OSaS isn't...doing what it needs to. Of course, since it's my creation, I blame myself. In my honest opinion, well...I think I started writing to see if others would like it, and not to see if I would like it. My writing technique is only causing internal confusion, and invisible baggage is piling up around my story - and it's not even a page long!

As such, OSaS is going through a massive re-write. It wont show for a while, because I'm going to put some solid effort into it. There will be physical changes to the universe...but not as serious as the last time. AUG and the Empire? Positive. AUG and Empire encompassing all human space? Negative. Avon conflict? Positive. Karmach as a genetically-evolved super soldier in a specialized unit? Negative. Karmach in general? Positive. The list goes on...
Ford Prefect

Post by Ford Prefect »

When it comes to world building, you can only really do what suits you best. On the upside, it is an experimental process, so you're totally free to mess around until you hit what you feel is 'right'. Good luck! :)
FEEL THESE GUNS ARCHWIND THESE ARE THE GUNS OF THE FLESHY MESSIAH THE TOOLS OF CREATION AND DESTRUCTION THAT WILL ENACT THE LAW OF MAN ACROSS THE UNIVERSE
Reservoir

Post by Reservoir »

Well, the bad news is...I kinda stopped working on it a long time ago. The good news? Ford's post reminded me I've left this here without even continuing it! I have some new ideas that may or may not fit into the molding of OSaS; if nothing else, I have a new political entity that towers above the normal set of mankind as a technological superpower with only physical and superfluous ties to humanity. If all goes well, these two separate universes should blend quite well. Just a minor shift in the OSaS timeline...