Yehlathoa - A dark feminist colony/nation.

For 'verse proposals, random ideas, musings, and brainwaves.

Moderators: Invictus, speaker-to-trolls

Mopeyennui

Yehlathoa - A dark feminist colony/nation.

Post by Mopeyennui »

The basic idea started with a nation I had dreamed up for Sphere:Longshots, but with how Longshots languished, I quick like (I wish I still had the design document) redrew the backstory up for making it a very minor part of a my major scifi setting. (Related to the Birth of Magic and the setting I for a while putted about on OO.)

The story starts with the protagonist, who herself (really transfeminist, so s/he) is born to two piratical lords and brought up in the best of pirate traditions, raping, plundering, and generally carrying on.

Here is the first rough ideas for my Protagonist's history, and then I'll post the wiki outline with notes attached. Keep in mind I need names for the PRotagonist - Transfemale (natural born!), her mother, her father, and other characters.

Protagonist's History
Her mother was a pirate captain, as was her father. Both loved each other because they had been partners long enough and considered nobody else worthy of their emotions. Also, because her mother considered men beneath her as possible mates. When her mother got pregnant, she decided to 'claim' a place to raise her child – and decided to take out the largest piratical problem for the region at the same time. She called a old friend on a world that was 'cut off' from polite regional society, that had been attacked heavily by the group she was planning on destroying. Offering to take care of the problem, she planned to take a freighter containing several thousand war droids and take over the station belonging to the pirate band.
Half pregnant, her mother sieged the asteroid fort, and claimed it for her own piratical band. After taking over, her mother got her small band back into her ship or the bridge, and spaced the largest sections and hallways of the station. After this, her soldiers easily cleaned out the station of male survivors and took any women who could be broken as slaves.
Four months later, she was born. The protagonist had a quiet childhood, and was raised from a early age to use firearms, melee weapons and fight in brawls.
Her 'father' was known for daring raids into various systems that redefined daring as various worlds of all types were raided, excepting or the world the protagonist's mother had asked assistance for. At the age of six she found out her 'father' had died in a daring raid of a habited world in a attempt to hold some important royals hostage, and failed while still in orbit. 'He' died, leaving his first in command to command the remainder of his fleet, and for the fleet to limp back home and rebuild as well as it was able.
At age ten, she was taken on a pirate raid, although it was later admitted to be a 'milk run'. Some time later, she was taken on more serious raids. During one of these, she was thrown into a boarding action (by accident, no less) and managed to secure a female capture of her own. Trading the decrepit woman for younger stock, she gained her first concubine, one female children, now grown, her mother had captured years before. At age 13, her training increased, and over the next several years she was taught the basics about strategy and tactics. She had through usage of her new property, and grew quickly due to hormones that were flooding her body with much vigor. During her formative years she proved again and again her bravery and daring, acquiring more and more slaves for her personal harem. A few of these were spacers of various types*, but most were from those who had been raised as slaves on her mother's station. During this time she also studied theories of control that would come back up much later in life, including cybernetic control methods.
Finally at 16 she was given a ship of her own, under the command of her father's former first in command. She quickly again made it up the ranks and towards command if a squadron of ships that performed it's own raids and attacks. She spun off her own band into it's own independent group two years later, allying with her mother, although rumors said she was a lover of her mother, no one knows the truth. The protagonist decided to strike it out on her own some time later, leaving everything behind as she sought adventure. At age 39 however, she decided to retire to a smaller world by the edge of the sector she was used to, and would settle there looking for a wife.

(Opening Paragraph)
Description (Current date, 387 AC)
History
Protagonist's History
Posted outline above.
Planetary History
The history of the Homeworld, where the colonists originally emerge from. The protagonist retired here, but later decided to colonise the Yehlathoa system with several thousand colonists.
Precolony History
The history of the preprerations for the colony, between when it was decided to go found a colony, to when the colony ship launched from the Homeworld system.
Colonial History
The first few hundred years of setting up the colony. Ends when the colonies 'home station' (think of a Eldar Craftworld here, a major one) is finished.
History of the Nation
Anything after the above, including some wars that the Nation got into due to helping some pirates soem time back (due to seeing baselines, most of the nation's neighbors, as inferior and worth picking on.)
Races
Untermensch
The human baselines who arrived in the system after the latter group, who indented to destroy the nascant colony of Obermensch. Basically human supremacists who want to see the fleeing Transhumans destroyed because of the stupid fear they would come back and destroy the 'Homeworld'. Now slaves because of 'faux economic arguements' and later institutionalized slavery.
Obermensch
The 'Special snowflakes' that make up the protagonist's faction of colonists who enter the Yehlathoa system. Very 'lego genetics' type of transhuman.
Stellar Geography
'Neighboring' Sector
Just a place to store the 'Homeworld' system, where the colonists came from.
Fmr Homeworld System
See above. Also where paleoconservative politics happen to kick the colonists out into a hellish system in the first place.
Major Sector in story
A name for a region of space that like most space as of ~50,000 dominated by pirates. Contains bopth the Yehlathoa system and the system the protagonist's mother lays claim to.
Yehlathoa System
The system the colony ship finally arrived in, densely populated by asteroid belts, densely irradiated, utterly deserving of it's Cthuthonic name.
System Protagonist was raised in
Mostly empty save asteroids and other rocks, it's filled with larger roids and one well hidden asteroid fort where the protagonist's mother's hidden base is located. Also utilized by aligned piratical bands as base of operations.

------------------------------------------

Just a idea dump. Comments welcome. Also suggestions for names.
Heretic

Re: Yehlathoa - A dark feminist colony/nation.

Post by Heretic »

Interesting concept, though I'm not really into super transfeminism stuff. Still,it has pirates and I like pirates (without the real awful stuff of course!).

As for names, are they conventional Earthling names, a mingling of those names like in Dune, or pretty alien names? I know people would stab me for this, but I suggest a name generator like SeventhSanctum or its sister sites if you are too lazy to think of one!

Would be interesting to see how this universe/story develops. :mrgreen:
Computers are like Old Testament gods; lots of rules and no mercy.
-Joseph Campbell
Mopeyennui

Post by Mopeyennui »

OZ got way more traffic. (I'm not even sure why 25 people did not reply to this after clicking through.)

Yes, I used to use US Census data, so I could ge stange names from it but... no damned clue where to get appros names.

Ideas are welcome. This was only the first part, where I talk about the protagonists' history. I got more, but I'm unsure if I shoud,l post it. (I don't know how well unlikable the idea is.) The basic outline I did for the 'wiki style outline' I put at the bottom of the post. Damn formatting keeps fleeing the posts here.
Heretic

Post by Heretic »

I'm sure if you post enough info, there would be more things for people to post about. As for the concept being unlikeable, each individual has a different opinion on various concepts, and I'm sure you'll gradually find interested parties.

Is this just a story, or are you planning on making a universe, with more characters, settings, and possible stories?
Computers are like Old Testament gods; lots of rules and no mercy.
-Joseph Campbell
speaker-to-trolls

Post by speaker-to-trolls »

I'm a little confused as to what 'transfeminist' means here, it looks to me like the female characters literally act in a masculine way, what with specifically taking only women as slaves and concubines. Is this the idea? Also I'm not quite sure how the colonists are meant to be Ubermenschen, I don't really know what you mean by 'lego genetics', can you clarify a little?
"Little monuments may be completed by their first architects, but great ones; true ones leave their copestones to posterity. God keep me from completing anything."
Mopeyennui

Post by Mopeyennui »

speaker-to-trolls wrote:I'm a little confused as to what 'transfeminist' means here, it looks to me like the female characters literally act in a masculine way, what with specifically taking only women as slaves and concubines. Is this the idea? Also I'm not quite sure how the colonists are meant to be Ubermenschen, I don't really know what you mean by 'lego genetics', can you clarify a little?
Lego genetics is the trope name (?) where genetics can do anything, and can make anything possible. Also where part of the genetics from creature A can be splilced intot he genetics for creature B and it will work.