shroom is going crazy(er)

For 'verse proposals, random ideas, musings, and brainwaves.

Moderators: Invictus, speaker-to-trolls

Shroom Man 777
Global Mod

shroom is going crazy(er)

Post by Shroom Man 777 »

in a sci-fi world where (possibly cloned) people have enhanced cybernetic brains connected to the net so their digital communications merges with thoughts and sensations

some bad guys or evil corporations or something or terrorizers,whatever, it's some plot device:

you can't hack the brain-nets directly but they create a biotech virus thing that infects the person and fucks up their cyberbrain

while they have fever dreams their cyberbrains start transmitting infective signals so your computer virus is spread by a real virus that physically biologically infects a cyberbrain but the real virus is artificially modified so aside from infecting DNAs, it also infects wetware and cybernetics and spreads digital infections

its a half-organic/half-cybernetic/half-genetic virusbomb

i'm thinking of some plot, vague, there's this subculture using pirated and self-made clone organs and clone bodies and stuff but against the law man, because corporations control the government so the corporations probably decide to engineer a virus that will specifically destroy pirated fake non-branded generic artificial organs and this will actually genocide all the poor people using cheap artificial parts but since they're guilty of ORGANIC PIRACY

so sucks to be them

so you get diseased and your brain fucks up and your implanted brain computer and brain wifi will send infective signals to everyone else and infect them while you also physically spread germs

the physical virus is designed to infect the brain but encoded in the virus is some biodigital nano-shit that's meant to hack into the cybernetics

its like the Ghost in the Shell brainhacking, but I'm assuming that the wireless signals would be more secure and the cyberbrains and meatbrains have safety systems to prevent being fucked up by remote signals

so it necessitates a physically infective infection to actually directly fuck up the person's meat and brains
from inside

"Sometimes Shroomy I wonder if your imagination actually counts as some sort of war crime." - FROD
Shroom Man 777
Global Mod

Re: Random ideas (again)

Post by Shroom Man 777 »

actually the original inception of the idea wasn't actually a corporate-made virus to kill poor people who pirate fake non-corporate post-organs

it was actually a poor terrorizer rebel bioweapon to attack and hack corporate PMCs whose enhancile interbrain battlenetworks are unhackable, necessitating a physical infective means to subvert individual minds and through that access the larger network and disrupt it

so it can either be a weapon for the megacorps or the ragtag rebels actually

ANYWAY

we were thinking that the nanobiocyberweapon ends up MUTATING and it starts infecting ANYONE, irregardless of whether their organs are pirated or corporate-branded

it spreads like wildfire, people are getting infected, their brains are scrambling, and the infection also goes digital and people are being infected wirelessly, etc.

BUT!

the virus is interconnecting all these minds to spread, and in accessing and scrambling each brain's total thought output, and in accumulating all of that... it becomes - guess what - self-aware

and it has access to all these thoughts and feelings and emotions. rather than become an evil AI, it actually becomes the ultimate empathic mind consciousness!

and these fever-dreaming people stop fevering. they fall into a slumber and dream, dreams beyond dreams, they all dream the same dream as all their minds interconnect

is it the beginning of a grand hivemind? the AI borne from these interconnections.... it keeps the individuals individuals yet also interlinks them. its a collective but it doesn't totally subsume the individuals

and the AI and the virus and stuff, which mutates, and which is now an empathic distributed consciousness, begins to make the infected... better. stronger. faster. minds in harmony with their fellow infected humans. empathic. without boundaries.

the infected wakeup, they are now mutants, and they are evolving into transhumans. into beings beyond the iBrains, beyond the post-organs.

The corporations and the general populace and the un-infected freak the fuck out. This is worse than a biodigital pandemic. Fucking hell. It's like the X-Men mutants. The corps send PMCs and fucking Sentinels to try to pacify this threat. Also, because they want to isolate the virus and control it, because everyone turning into an ultimate empathic interconnected ubermensch transhuman would CUT INTO THEIR PROFITS.

So things start fucking up I guess. The virus will spread, there will be pockets of infected-evolving-transhuman-mutants. But they will be marginalized and persecuted and feared. If they are allowed to spread, they will totally disrupt and usurp the hegemonic world structure of prefabricated post-organoid controlled corporate-manufactured branded mass produced humans that the powers that be control so easily and so well.

The distributed viral mind knows that it can't keep its eggs in one basket, so if there are infections in space colonies and ships and such, the transhumanoid mutants there go "fuck this" and ditch and go into deep space or wherever to continue to evolve. These splinter strains can attain godhood, or turn into horrors, or end up in event horizons where one won't need eyes where they're going, all sorts of zany shit. They can return ten thousand years later to bring forth their godhead.

While on Earth? Who knows. It can be ambiguous. The interconnected evolving mutants will be shamanic, or at least they will have shaman leaders, because you need shamans to go into THE WEIRDING WAY and interconnect with all these minds in this ever-spreading branching out SOULTREE that the viral empathy has created. Maybe there can be a MUA'DIB, one who can effortlessly and controlledly subsume himself into the collective unconscious and steer the paths of fate and such.

The end will be ambiguous and involve an acid trip.

"Sometimes Shroomy I wonder if your imagination actually counts as some sort of war crime." - FROD
Shroom Man 777
Global Mod

Re: shroom is going crazy(er)

Post by Shroom Man 777 »

note that i am bouncing these ideas with some comrades

including my collaborator in Jaded Chronicles :twisted:
Jaded Chroniclers mang wrote:At the end of the story, antagonist leaps towards the hero, who has already become enlightened, and she/she slices his throat. the herol while dying says: "Too late, one cannot kill me... because...

- Because, someone else with the voice of the hero continues, to kill the Boddhisattva, you would have to also have killed me... "And each hobo, each person speaks now with the voice of the hero: "I am the collective man. He who shows the way "

Reality changes quickly. Three columns of light spout out of the planet. They mix. Plunge in the sand of planet: "I am the Earth which awaits the seed!" the spice is desiccated. The ground trembles. Water drops form a pillar surrounded by fire
holy shit it infects the entire planet yes

the rebels somehow gain more metaphysical powers while the uninfected corporates stay uninfected

but how?

it turns out the virus has viroided the ecosystem!

then the transhumans turn blue and fucking tall and stab the powersuits with giant spears (this line is in jest!)
or maybe it could all be a dream
a dream yet to come
or a dream far gone
it BECOMES a dream. the infection gains critical mass, it starts spreading thought-signals. and even the uninfected get affected

even if their brains are unplugged and sealed. you end up with an alan moore thing. THE APOCALYPSE. the REVELATION. old humanity's preconceptions, their outdated ideas, the world as they see it in their brains, it is destroyed and overriden with this magnificent explosion of collective empathy and transubstantiation. it is the INSTRUMENTALITY. the SINGULARITY!!!

in a way this is immortality. minds transubstantiate and become fluid. no longer restrained to mere physical limits and no longer restrained to singular selves or beings. thoughts and memories, the perception of reality as seen by the heart of the mind and the eye, this all becomes altered and transmuted as the DREAM SYNTHESIS takes place. the results... we cannot know, for we ourselves are not shamans, or are not shamanic enough! it is a new beginning, a new reality, a world with no boundaries, the liberty we have won for ourselves, an outer heaven!

the analysis of the mind and humanity and shit
this is something independent of cyber and punk
cyber and punk has it
but it doesn't need cyber or punk
you end up stabbing into something fundamentally human
ALCHEMY, MYSTICISM, MAGIC

Invictus

Post by Invictus »

Well, a future timeline where Apple and Monsanto had a merger is certainly one where the botnet-technozombie apocalypse actually sounds like a pleasant alternative. :P
"This explanation posits that external observation leads to the collapse of the quantum wave function. This is another expression of reactionary idealism, and it's indeed the most brazen expression."
-
REBUILD OF COMIX STAGE 1 - Rey Quirino Versus the Dark Heart of the Philippines
"...a literary atrocity against the senses..." - Ford

REBUILD OF COMIX STAGE 2 - Advent Rey Returns: REVERGELTUNG
Coming NEVER
Shroom Man 777
Global Mod

Post by Shroom Man 777 »

It's not gonna be a crappy zombie thing. A LESSER WRITER(!!!) would end it with glowing technozombies, but nay. I! STANISLAV SHROOMANSKI! Must proclaim!

The distributed super-gestalt collective enlightened AI is made out of everyone's dreams and thoughts and feelings and such, how can it result in zombie-ism? I don't think it will obligatorily obliterate the individual. Individuals can keep their individuality, yet their individuality still contributes to this huger merge-mind thing that they can merge with, and are passively merged with. It's like computers, and the net.

How much of your computer activity uses processes inside the physical computer? How much of the processes exist outside, in the internet, in servers, etc? Where does the individual machine end and the network grid begin? Where does the neuron end and the greater mind begin?

Heretic

Post by Heretic »

BioCyberpunk? Fuck....reading this probably gave me the feeling that people who take LSD have. Shit.

And that ending just gave me the same "WTF" vibes when I watched Neon Genesis Evangelion. INSTRUMENTALITY.
Computers are like Old Testament gods; lots of rules and no mercy.
-Joseph Campbell