Post your bad and silly ideas!

For 'verse proposals, random ideas, musings, and brainwaves.

Moderators: Invictus, speaker-to-trolls

Heretic

Re: Post your bad and silly ideas!

Post by Heretic »

Yay, finally know someone who also watches a little Shojo Anime (girl anime), though I was alone there.

Anyway, I am still stuck on the Actrians, and is so stubborn on writing them that I have even postponed Fidel Soup for those hideous side race, but my imagination (stupid, but semi-original nonetheless) isn't postponed.

This is a silly idea. Little fuzzies being culturally shaken by bloodthristy aliens. That is just a dream though. Still silly.

Bad idea is, well, magic against us. Of course, I loved it not so long ago, but then, after re-reading Harry Potter, I realized that the whole magical institute is an educational institute. Aside from some nutcases, these people just want to tap into unknown sources, not start a magocracy (though they may form tight knit communities). Even if they were bent on domination, they would be much like Warcraft, swords and gizmos. Ukraine could win against these guys in a military battle. Now, educational wise, with the No-Child-Left-Behind act :D....we must kneel to the masters.
Computers are like Old Testament gods; lots of rules and no mercy.
-Joseph Campbell
Ford Prefect

Post by Ford Prefect »

Heretic wrote:Yay, finally know someone who also watches a little Shojo Anime (girl anime), though I was alone there.
Man Heretic, you only watch a little maho shoujo? I watch a lot. ;)

My most recent bad idea has stemmed from I ridiculous urge to write a Final Fantasy VII fanfic. Though strictly speaking you couldn't call me a big fan of the original game, I have become enamoured with the PSP prequel, Crisis Core. Apart from enjoying the playing of the game, I'm really quite fond of the characters. Zack Fair is a fun protagonist. Genesis makes for a better villain than Sephiroth ever did because, let's be honest here, his motivations were basically 'I'm a nut with mother issues'*. Kefka's only motivations were 'I'm a nut' as well, but he was also an evil clown and not a bishounen. Also, despite not originally liking Sephiroth very much, I have changed my tune since having played Crisis Core, where he gets considerable character development. Before I gush any harder, I just want to say that I actually managed to get sucked into the world presented, and started thinking about it further. It's grungy psuedo-cyberpunk with additional psuedo-scientific magic, comes with a ready made evil organisation and is Ruled by Cool. It's attractive to write in.

As usual, it would follow my lazy and egotistical methods of following and 'polishing' the plot as I go along. I've done this before (some of you might remember Lost Planet). I imagine that my most major change, apart from broadening the important of minor characters and the backdrop, would Zack not being killed by the Bolivian Army just outside Midgar, and instead surviving to follow the events of the original game. I imagine that even if I started it, and frankly that seems unlikely, that I would come nowhere near finishing it.

*Genesis is pretty nutty as well, but his motivations as the villain are actually 'Shinra is run by a bunch of lying, greedy, sycophantic bastards and oh by the way I am dying a slow and presumably quite painful death because of them'. He even aims at the right people, ie. not the entire populace of the Planet. He's still Gackt's Mary Sue, though.
FEEL THESE GUNS ARCHWIND THESE ARE THE GUNS OF THE FLESHY MESSIAH THE TOOLS OF CREATION AND DESTRUCTION THAT WILL ENACT THE LAW OF MAN ACROSS THE UNIVERSE
Heretic

Post by Heretic »

Gackt, as in the Japanese singer?

If I was to do a fantasy world, I guess it would have alot of lizards. I'm always having bloody lizards.
Computers are like Old Testament gods; lots of rules and no mercy.
-Joseph Campbell
speaker-to-trolls

Post by speaker-to-trolls »

Please, Heretic, watched shojo anime.

Many people have lizards in fantasy but they never really seem to pay much attention to them, they're usually not even a major threat, there's just a "jungle of the Lizardmen" somewhere. Even in Warhammer where they made them dinosaur-riding aztec-lizards led by immortal froggy super-magi no one seems able to generate much enthusiasm for them. If you write up a fantasy lizard race can you please try to invest them with some real character?
"Little monuments may be completed by their first architects, but great ones; true ones leave their copestones to posterity. God keep me from completing anything."
Dakarne

Post by Dakarne »

I tend to avoid lizard races in my own fantasy. Fantasy lizard races are generally boring and crap when you get down to it, unless you do them really, really well. The one and only example I can think of being done well is the Yuan-Ti (snake-human mutants) from Dungeons & Dragons. Other than that, I've never seen a lizard race done well in fantasy. Except for dragons, but they're not reptillian in a classical sense due to often being (very) warm blooded.
'For the moment, mortal, they find the thought of killing me more desirable than that of killing you.'
'And what are their chances?'
'The answer to that is evident in how long they've been hesitating, wouldn't you think, mortal?'

-Anomander Rake and Ganoes Paran in Gardens of the Moon by Steven Erikson
Destructionator

Post by Destructionator »

I openly admit to being a Sailor Moon fan. I think I've discussed its influence on my 'verse before; it used to be rather major, though it has shrank as I've moved to more pure sci-fi. However, I'm considering redesigning my starfleet uniforms (again) to look more like the villains from Sailor Moon's first season now. It'd be pretty snazzy.
His Certifiable Geniusness, Adam D. Ruppe (My 'verse)
Marle: Lucca! You're amazing!
Lucca: Ain't it the truth! ... Oh, um...I mean...
Marle: Enough with the false modesty! You have a real gift! I would trade my royal ancestry for your genius in a heartbeat!

"I still really hate those pompous assholes who quote themselves in their sigs." -- Me
Ford Prefect

Post by Ford Prefect »

Gackt, as in the Japanese singer?
Yes, Gackt as in the singer. He provided the look, and in Japan, the voice, for Genesis. He actually does a really good job, incidentally, but it's still Gackt.
FEEL THESE GUNS ARCHWIND THESE ARE THE GUNS OF THE FLESHY MESSIAH THE TOOLS OF CREATION AND DESTRUCTION THAT WILL ENACT THE LAW OF MAN ACROSS THE UNIVERSE