The Hsarr Outcast

For 'verse proposals, random ideas, musings, and brainwaves.

Moderators: Invictus, speaker-to-trolls

Heretic

The Hsarr Outcast

Post by Heretic »

The huge mountain was silent, as it always has been for many years. Rumors of a death in those tall formations filled nearby villages with euphoria, though the dead one never touched those peasants, their small thorps and villages shadowed by the mountains which are dubbed forbidden by the local priests and monks.

When the news came that the dragon was dead, everyone came and gathered in the biggest village, which was actually a town, in order to celebrate its death. No one knew how it died, only caring about filling their bellies with ale and vittles, and dancing as hard as their bodies can allow them. All was good for the villages of Hollow Forest.

Until 3 days after.

Still sore from the humongous feasting, the villagers resumed their farming, cutting the harvest and making them into bales. Men, women, and children; all of them taking part in the boon day without a lord.

The sky was odd today. Small circles in cloud formations loom above the mountain, with almost yellowish blue sky behind it. Few took no notice to it until it got more yellow and the clouds got more twisted. People started noticing, and anxiety filled most hearts. They all gathered to look at the twirling gnarled clouds above the mountain’s peak. Lighting struck it and hail covered the pinnacle of events, but not touching the villages. When the clouds descended upon the peak, which is when the dragon came out of his deathless coma.

He appeared on a big rocky cliff visible to most villagers, who were stunned by his existence. He was colossal, probably 80 feet in length, and 140 feet in wingspan. His scales were ultramarine blue, while his wing tissue shaded lemon yellow, and his eyes, thin red eyes, narrowing at the tiny humans that could easily be his prey. Yet, he spoke.

“Greetings, denizens of this world. I am Ysarrene, the only dragon not of the Hsarr Pact. I am here not to devour you, but to lead you in a new era.

My goal is power.

My treasure is you.

My fire is war.

My wings are the flow of time.

My scales are the shields you carry.

My heart is to the humans and all other races.

My hatred is to the dragons of the Hsarr Pact.
My life essence is the rifle.

Do not fear, bearers of the future, the currents of time that are inside me may wash the things you were accustomed to, changing the rapier to the semi-automatic, the chariot with the tank, feudalism with fascism. Do not fear these words, for I am a dragon, not prone to make the same mistakes of the humans. I will not be limited to the symbolism and stereotyping of humans. I will combine tyranny with freedom, democracy with fear, war with lover. I can do all this.” The dragon looked up at the sky and his wings fluttered a little.

“I will be back. And when I am, I will show you wonders beyond belief.” Turning around, the dragon crawled back into his domain in the mountains.

In the distance, the lightning clouds disappeared, fearing of the strong winds that will hit this world, who relied on the old gods for protection.

My own little myth lore/non-chronicle stories, The Hsarr Outcast is revolved around Ysarrene, an uber sexy dragon who went rogue from the Hsarr Pact, a code of conduct for all dragons. The Hsarr Pact restricts dragons to their alignment. For example, a good dragon would stay in a cave with his hoard, helping good heroes and giving them advise. You know, the type of goody goody in D&D and Eragon. Evil dragons must obey to only do certain amount of evil, such as charming villages into sacrificing teenage girls or capturing maidens and eating them after a week. This may sound bad and harsh, but dragons are on a whole new level of law and philosophy. Ysarrene is more down to earth.

The reason I need a universe is to pile up myths, small informations about places, whether it be ancient or present, and tales of regular or heroic people being touched by whatever Ysarrene did. Not only that, but there are numerous followers and organizations of the "Reader" who, though never as dark as the cults of Cthulhu and his minions, are as clever and as human.

I just need something more fantasy alongside Hardcore Way. But let me finish at least one story before I pester Siegetank.
Computers are like Old Testament gods; lots of rules and no mercy.
-Joseph Campbell
Heretic

Re: The Hsarr Outcast

Post by Heretic »

Also, I am trying to have my own mythos, just like Lovecraft, but more lighter and happier. Instead of unimaginable horrors and sacrifices, we have epic wars and tragedies, as well as protagonists being fascists and antagonists being monarchists.. Don't you think that is more child appropriate than oozing horrors and occultism :lol: ? I can't do Lovecraft without pissing myself anyway (My absence on OZ one time was because of reading Mountains of Madness.)
-Joseph Campbell
Czernobog

Post by Czernobog »

Heretic wrote:Also, I am trying to have my own mythos, just like Lovecraft, but more lighter and happier. Instead of unimaginable horrors and sacrifices, we have epic wars and tragedies, as well as protagonists being fascists and antagonists being monarchists.. Don't you think that is more child appropriate than oozing horrors and occultism :lol: ? I can't do Lovecraft without pissing myself anyway (My absence on OZ one time was because of reading Mountains of Madness.)
Oozing horrors are good. Very good. Maybe you could use them to kill the monarchists. And the fascists. As a sidenote, is the Reader, well the reader? Like metatextuality and that sort of thing.
You have ruled this galaxy for ten thousand years.
You have little of account to show for your efforts.
Order. Unity. Obedience.
We taught the galaxy these things.

And we shall do so again.
Heretic

Post by Heretic »

Haha, Kamin, I'm going to put you on my foe list, whatever that is. :evil:

But, when I said Reader, I mean Ysarrene, because he went to many universes and worlds, reading them like a book (sorta) and taking souvenirs. Who knows, maybe Ysarrene went to your verse and start soaking up knowledge, so do not be alarmed if I took something a bit familiar.
-Joseph Campbell