Universe Proposal, Maybe

For 'verse proposals, random ideas, musings, and brainwaves.

Moderators: Invictus, speaker-to-trolls

Archduke G. Seuss

Universe Proposal, Maybe

Post by Archduke G. Seuss »

Hello. I am Archduke G. Seuss, and I am here to add a universe to Omniverse One.

This universe is based on a modified Chakra system. In this system, the universe is based on seven chakras (Aetheric Planes), two poles (Light/Dark), and seven elements. Here is a pretty little chart:

The Triad:

Spirit - Quintessence
Sight - Quintessence
Sound - Quintessence

The Elemental Planes:

Air
Fire
Water
Earth

The two poles, Light and Dark, are the result of Aetheric offshoot. The universe is always flowing, and sometimes it gets so fast that it charges Aetheric particles either light or dark, depending on the situation, and it shoots off in one direction, coming back due to Aetheric Pull.

The reason for this specific formation of the cosmos is this: The universe happens to be a human being. That human being could be anyone, but for this universe it happens to be me.

So, basically, that's also how the human soul is formed. Of course, it has a shell shaped like the human body, and you can only see it's aura (The soul's Triad and Planes, which are called Ætheric Stars, along with the Light/Dark structure) when you've developed Sight somewhat.

It's moderately completed. I was just wondering if it would be an acceptable universe.

Thanks.
Ford Prefect

Re: Universe Proposal, Maybe

Post by Ford Prefect »

As a general rule, we'll take just about anything. And quite frankly, I'd really like to see more of this concept, because it seems like an extremely experimental worldbuilding project. Like the Radiohead ... of worldbuilding or something. Go ahead and post some more stuff. :D
FEEL THESE GUNS ARCHWIND THESE ARE THE GUNS OF THE FLESHY MESSIAH THE TOOLS OF CREATION AND DESTRUCTION THAT WILL ENACT THE LAW OF MAN ACROSS THE UNIVERSE
Peregrin

Post by Peregrin »

What you describe, Seuss, sounds pretty swell. :geek:
"You could not step twice into the same river; for other waters are ever flowing on to you." - Heraclitus
Shroom Man 777
Global Mod

Post by Shroom Man 777 »

I would love to see a 'verse dealing with New Agey stuff. Mang, it would be surreal probably.

And maybe educational.

"Sometimes Shroomy I wonder if your imagination actually counts as some sort of war crime." - FROD
Peregrin

Post by Peregrin »

Shroom Man 777 wrote:I would love to see a 'verse dealing with New Agey stuff. Mang, it would be surreal probably.

And maybe educational.
I might do that with my new fantasy verse... except me being me, I'd make it way more fucked up than you would expect new agey stuff to be. :twisted:
"You could not step twice into the same river; for other waters are ever flowing on to you." - Heraclitus
Soban

Post by Soban »

As an author of a growing fantasy 'verse, I say we need moar fantasy 'verses, and yours sounds very fascinating. I really want to see this as it develops.
Invictus

Post by Invictus »

It sounds rather metafictional. I'd like to see more elaboration.
"This explanation posits that external observation leads to the collapse of the quantum wave function. This is another expression of reactionary idealism, and it's indeed the most brazen expression."
-
REBUILD OF COMIX STAGE 1 - Rey Quirino Versus the Dark Heart of the Philippines
"...a literary atrocity against the senses..." - Ford

REBUILD OF COMIX STAGE 2 - Advent Rey Returns: REVERGELTUNG
Coming NEVER
Mobius 1
Global Mod

Post by Mobius 1 »

As most of the above have said, I'd like to certainly see more of the verse before it gets thrown up onto the index. What's above is rather... sparse, to say the least.
SHADOW TEMPEST BLACK || STB2: MIDNIGHT PARADOX
The day our skys fe||, the heavens split to create new skies.
Shroom Man 777
Global Mod

Post by Shroom Man 777 »

Agreed. We do need to work the approval process so we don't end up with verses that are barely used.

"Sometimes Shroomy I wonder if your imagination actually counts as some sort of war crime." - FROD
Archduke G. Seuss

Yeah, I'm bombarded with ideas from all directions. Because of that, the universe will act differently, and --

You know what, I'm just going to figure out how the universe works before posting the whole thing. Until then...
Shroom Man 777
Global Mod

Post by Shroom Man 777 »

You should post more material. I mean, you can't post "the whole thing" since universes are HUEG. Just, you know, plant your ideas in this thread.

Archduke G. Seuss

I have to admit, I'm not the entire universe. I granted an entire plane that's separate from myself to a type of life that's not Ætheric. It's filled with matter: a substance that acts in similar but in entirely different ways than æther. This physical plane is (will be) written down in detail with writing techniques that leave no hole uncovered.

This technique of writing is similar to the technique of writing of those who write Descriptive Books (Play/research Myst if you don't know what that is). I have yet to find an attractive magical alphabet to write this book with. If anyone has suggestions, please. I might just have to make my own writing system and possibly my own language for extra oomph.

If there are any other people who write conlangs, tell me and give me places to start.
Archduke G. Seuss

I'm writing the Book in a language called BonKo, because it seems right for reasons I cannot describe. Research BonKo (And Toki Pona for that matter - same general idea in both languages, but Toki Pona is vaguely different) and tel me what you think of it as a magical language.

So BonKo is the language I'm writing the Book in, and it has its own alphabet (Which I put together) which looks old and slightly magical. Yay.

I'll get together some fancy scans of the book later, after I actually learn BonKo and start writing the book...
Siege
Site Admin

Post by Siege »

I'm still not sure what to make of all this, but I'd certainly like to find out... What would you want as the name for your universe? 'Cause then I can go ahead and make it for ya.
"Nick Fury. Old-school cold warrior. The original black ops hardcase. Long before I stepped off a C-130 at Da Nang, Fury and his team had set fire to half of Asia." - Frank Castle

For, now De Ruyter's topsails
Off naked Chatham show,
We dare not meet him with our fleet -
And this the Dutchmen know!
Archduke G. Seuss

I'm not sure what I would like the name to be...

How about Bibliotek?
Siege
Site Admin

Post by Siege »

Archduke G. Seuss wrote:I'm not sure what I would like the name to be...

How about Bibliotek?
Certainly sounds good to me. Here you go! Good luck!
"Nick Fury. Old-school cold warrior. The original black ops hardcase. Long before I stepped off a C-130 at Da Nang, Fury and his team had set fire to half of Asia." - Frank Castle

For, now De Ruyter's topsails
Off naked Chatham show,
We dare not meet him with our fleet -
And this the Dutchmen know!
Archduke G. Seuss

Thanks.