General Info, Q&A, etc.

Moderator: Heretic

Heretic

General Info, Q&A, etc.

Post by Heretic »

General Information
Hardcore Regenesis is a revision of the old Hardcore Way universe mixed with other ideas I had for future universes. One major difference up front is that humanity is not a major player in the galactic scene like they were in the previous rendition. Whereas before they were a really important race in the Gloguk and made decisions that affected a half dozen races, humanity in Hardcore Regenesis was thrown back into the stone age after a chance encounter with the Tyxans, and are now under the mostly benevolent supervision of one of the Member Races of the Gloguk, the Gray-esque Aeiou. Believing that unifying under a single banner was what caused the humans to fall so quickly, the Aeiou split Earth into various geopolitical lines for easier management and unique strengths. These Earthling Special Administrative District , along with the Steel Scion-backed DyImperium of Mars, bicker with each other until their Gloguk patrons call for a campaign, then the various human polities will drop everything to do their part together. Except for the independent Earth Defense Coalition, but no one cares about those Aussies and Kiwis so moving on.

The three-way conflict between the Gloguk, Tyxans, and Greeg Dominants is still around, but I decided that it needed to have more flair to it instead of just a generic "human vs elf vs dwarf...IN SPACE" feel to it. So I decided to make it a battle against a bunch of tool-wielding assholes that are at least familiar to us in some ways (Gloguk), space elves that like decentralized democratic colonies and egalitarianism but on the flip side have a creepy biotech vibe and view tool-wielders as either pests or organic resources, and scheming banana republic inspired Armadillidiidaes who care little of the steel vs. flesh debate that the other two factions have and will gladly use both to achieve good old fashion galactic conquest. Aside from the Big Three, there is also the Langrug Justice Jurisdiction with their forays with the fiercely independent Free Arm, but aside from that most systems will fall under either the Big Three sooner or later.

The biggest reason I wanted bionpunk and warpgate style FTL is to give a justification for anachronistic and usually controversial things like extensive melee combat, tankettes, and the widespread use of starfighters. Because mutated and engineered creatures and bioweapons might be used differently from how we view 21st century warfare the use of small and cheap vehicles along with the rebirth of the sword as a viable combat weapon can be considered logical (at least, as logical as things can get in this universe). And because JumpRings are a pain to build but really vital to the function of a galactic society, all the factions prefer capturing them. While these FTL superstructures are quite durable, JumpRings are still vulnerable to extensive or particularly powerful ship weaponry. Therefore, unless one side (usually the defender) decides that it is better to cut off a FTL route instead of retreating for an eventual counterattack, the initial space battles are usually small dogfights between starfighters and small warships; the capital ships only enter the fray when a JumpRing has been secured and the fighting gets pushed into the planetary system proper. Advanced warfare with orbital bombardment and electronic chess games still occur, but that happens alongside boarding melees and tank rushes on burning planets.

I'm hoping to place more emphasis on characters like Annava, the sibling Imperators of the Dyimperium, an Australian EDC agent who tours an alien Earth in order to discover what type of human societies the Gloguk socially engineered, and the Bildungsroman of a young boy who went from being terrified cattle under a Tyxan Re-purposing Camp to a rebellious slave in the Gloguk war machine before rising up as the loyal and trusted second in command of the most hated Greeg Dominant of all times Jffm-Patap the Most Interesting- For this rendition there'll be a lot more stories, which I hope to do once my College classes are over this quarter.
Computers are like Old Testament gods; lots of rules and no mercy.
-Joseph Campbell
wellis

Re: General Info, Q&A, etc.

Post by wellis »

So are Jump Rings the only means of FTL travel here? Or is it like there are ship FTL drives as well but they're much, much slower like how is done in Mass Effect?

And what do the Tyxians look like here? Any similarities to their older versions in your first Hardcore verse? Like do they still look like space elves and do they have "magic" still aka advanced technology?
Heretic

Post by Heretic »

wellis wrote:So are Jump Rings the only means of FTL travel here? Or is it like there are ship FTL drives as well but they're much, much slower like how is done in Mass Effect?
Jump Rings are the only way to FTL. I swore Mass Effect was the same way aside from the freaking Reapers.
And what do the Tyxians look like here? Any similarities to their older versions in your first Hardcore verse? Like do they still look like space elves and do they have "magic" still aka advanced technology?
Tyxans are still a sort of humanoid elf kinda race yeah, and they do have a sort of "magic" that is powered by super genetic manipulation. As for similarities, I guess they still have dinosaurs as mounts.
-Joseph Campbell
wellis

Post by wellis »

Yeah in ME there are both mass relays (JumpRings) and mass effect drives.

So considering the only way to go FTL is through JumpRings, how long have both the Gloguk and Tyxans been spreading JumpRings around the galaxy?

Are the Tyxans still a matriarchal society? And considering they look like "space elves" do they look attractive? Like are they like the Eldar or Vulcans in looks?

Do they wear biological power armor, kinda like the Skin Suits worn in Fallen Dragon, which are these biological power armor that are powered by the user's blood and powered and nourished by interfacing with the weather's circulatory system?

Also in regards to the Tyxans do they typically actually join ground battles themselves or is it more like they just drop servitor beasts onto the ground and just let them loose everywhere?

Like can the Gloguk and Tyxans match each other blow for blow in ships and ground firepower?

Since the Gloguk use "The Cold Lie"for their melee weapons, presumably made out of some metal or composite, what are Tyxan melee weapons like? What are they made of?

As for the Greeg Dominants, any way they distinguish themselves from the " flesh vs steel" debate the Tyxans and Gloguk are in? I know they have the whole "combine the two" materials thing butbut that makes them feel kinda generic I feel. Part of me wonders if they could've been like psychic warriors who who use the mind to create their weapons and ships. Kinda like the Eldar where their ships and weapons are made from psychically grown material that is organic solidified psychic energy.
Heretic

Post by Heretic »

wellis wrote:Yeah in ME there are both mass relays (JumpRings) and mass effect drives.

So considering the only way to go FTL is through JumpRings, how long have both the Gloguk and Tyxans been spreading JumpRings around the galaxy?
I believe the Tyxans have been using biological JumpRings for a very, very long time since they are technically the Progenitors who won their civil war. Gloguk I would say started about a few thousand years ago, around 2000 BCE.
Are the Tyxans still a matriarchal society? And considering they look like "space elves" do they look attractive? Like are they like the Eldar or Vulcans in looks?
I'm debating whether to have them still a matriarchal society, though they still maintain that egalitarianism. As for attractiveness I would say perhaps, they do look like elves but with a more alien take which I'm still trying to figure out. Closest I can say are Eldars with some Repitillian and Grey facial features added in.
Do they wear biological power armor, kinda like the Skin Suits worn in Fallen Dragon, which are these biological power armor that are powered by the user's blood and powered and nourished by interfacing with the weather's circulatory system?
They do use biological power armor, but the idea of the suits being sustained by the user's blood is fascinating. I was leaning to the idea that the Tyxans feed their suits and biotechnology with organic paste, sometimes made from the recycled matter of their foes and dead. But your idea gives me some thought about the interaction of users and biotechnology.
Also in regards to the Tyxans do they typically actually join ground battles themselves or is it more like they just drop servitor beasts onto the ground and just let them loose everywhere?
They prefer to let their creations and mutants do the fighting, but when the battle gets more intense then their soldiers do come down to help change the tide if need be. Tyxans have colonies all over the Galaxy and have manpower to spare; they just want to see how well their kids' science projects do in the battlefield.
Like can the Gloguk and Tyxans match each other blow for blow in ships and ground firepower?
Yes. While Tyxans are flexible in their biotechnology and are very numerous, the Gloguk can create more durable and powerful technology that may have issues but at least don't throw temper tantrums.
Since the Gloguk use "The Cold Lie"for their melee weapons, presumably made out of some metal or composite, what are Tyxan melee weapons like? What are they made of?
I'm thinking like the Star Wars Yuuzhon Vong, who use snake creatures that can stiffen and turn into very hard staffs or slither around its owner and strike at foes with poisonous fangs. For the Tyxans I believe they would probably use the blades of some domesticated chitinous bug they snapped off of, or the living coral plants that have sharp claw-like edges.
As for the Greeg Dominants, any way they distinguish themselves from the " flesh vs steel" debate the Tyxans and Gloguk are in? I know they have the whole "combine the two" materials thing butbut that makes them feel kinda generic I feel. Part of me wonders if they could've been like psychic warriors who who use the mind to create their weapons and ships. Kinda like the Eldar where their ships and weapons are made from psychically grown material that is organic solidified psychic energy.
The Greeg Dominant care little for what they consider a trifling philosophical debate. As long as it helps them in their quest for galactic conquest they'll use. Many use both biotechnology and good old fashion technology.

As for being psychic, that is an interesting concept that I might look into. Megalomaniac Mind-wrecking pillbugs has a nice ring to it. Thanks for the idea!
-Joseph Campbell
wellis

Post by wellis »

You're welcome

Do you have a general idea on the sizes of ships here, like their lengths? And how do Gloguk ships & Tyxan ships propel themselves at sublight? Like do Tyxan ships use some sort of organically created singularity, since you mentioned the Yuuzhan Vong as a possible inspiration, while Gloguk ships use some sort of brute force method like an antimatter or conversion drive (drive that perfectly converts matter into energy) to propel their ships?

Since you liked my idea about the Greegs possibly being psychic, what if it extends to their ships, like they create some sort of psychic force to propel their ships? Or maybe, borrowing from the Eldar, perhaps the Greegs have ships that look elegant and belie the Greegs savagery so their ships use solar sails to propel them around.

In fact what if Greeg technology looks elegant despite being a mixture of flesh and metal. Like their guns and weapons and such look elegant compared to the brutal, harsh, angular look of Gloguk tech or the squishy, drippy organic tech of the Tyxans. It's kind of like Orks from 40K building beautiful, elegant ships and tech. And what if it requires psychic abilities to use its full potential, or for it to even work. Like their guns can't be fired unless the user is psychic. Could cut down on rebellions if only the overseers or police are psychic.

As for Greeg PA, what if the power source for their PA is in fact energy harvested from single-cell organisms like the Ovo-Packs from the Final Fantasy movie?

And for the Gloguk, perhaps they stick an antimatter reactor into their PA or something. Like it provides a lot of power but can be dangerous.

Yeah the reason I talk about elegant and Greeg is the humor of it. If their ships and tech look elegant you at first think they're some cultured race that has outgrown such notions like conquest. Until they come out of their ships and start blasting and hacking their way through everything until you're under their bootheel or dead.

Here is some info on the Skin Suit from Fallen Dragon:
It would start with one of them making some comment: Thought you company people were too good to drink with us. Not that it mattered what was actually said. The act of speaking was a way of ego pumping until one of them was hot enough to throw the first punch. Same dumb-ass ritual in every low-life bar on every human planet.

"Don't," Lawrence said flatly, before they got started. "Just shut up and go sit down. I'm leaving, okay."

The big fella gave his friends a knowing I-told-you-he-was-chickenshit grin and snorted contempt for Lawrence's bravado. "You ain't going nowhere, company boy." He drew his huge fist back.

Lawrence tilted from the waist, automatic and fast. His leg kicked out, boot heel smashing into the big fella's knee. The one in the denim waistcoat picked up a chair and swung it at Lawrence's head. Lawrence's thick right arm came up to block the unwieldy club. One leg of the chair hit full on, just above his elbow, and stopped dead. Its impact didn't even make Lawrence blink, let alone grunt in pain. The man staggered back as his balance was slung all to hell. It was like he'd hit solid stone. He stared at Lawrence's arm, eyes widening as realization hammered through the drink.

All around the bar, men were pushing back chairs and rising. Coming to help their mates.

"No!" the man in the waistcoat shouted. "He's in Skin!"

It made no difference. The youngster was going for the big bowie knife in his belt scabbard, and nobody was paying any attention to warnings as they closed in.

Lawrence raised his right arm high, punching the air. He could feel a gentle rippling against his wrists as peristaltic muscles brought the darts forward out of their magazine sacs into launch tubules. A ring of small dry slits peeled open above his carpals, black nozzles poking out. The dart swarm erupted.

As he left the bar, Lawrence turned the cardboard sign on the door so it said closed and shut it behind him. He made sure his hat was on square, a fussy action, covering his anger. God damn the Armory Division. Those bastards never erred on the side of caution, always on the side of overkill. He'd seen two of the men lying on the floor start to convulse, the dart toxin levels set way too high for a simple incapacitation sting. The bar was going to get very noisy with police, very quickly.
He stripped naked except for a slim necklace with a cheap hologram crystal pendant. His thumb stroked the scuffed surface, and a seventeen-year-old Roselyn smiled brightly at him. Technically, even the necklace was against regulations, but Lawrence hadn't taken it off in twenty years. He pumped the small dispenser button next to the sustainer cabinet's drawer. The metal nozzle squirted out globs of pale blue dermalez gel, which he began to smear over his body. It took a good five minutes to cover himself completely, slicking down his short-cropped hair, rubbing it into his armpits and crotch. He and Amersy did each other's backs and shoulders. Only then was he ready to put his suit on.

His cabinet door opened with a quiet wheeze of cool air. He put his palm on the scan panel inside for a bone and blood review. The suit AS compared them to the patterns contained within its e-alpha section and agreed he was Lawrence Newton, the designated wearer. He waited for the disengage sequence to run, cycling the sustainer fluids out of the suit before disconnecting the umbilicals. Indigo script from the suit's AS scrolled down his optronic membranes, showing him its status. Bracing himself on the floor, he lifted the flaccid suit out. In the Koribu's low gravity it didn't weigh much, but it had roughly the same inertia as his own body.

From the outside, it looked no different from any of the other Skin suits his platoon was struggling to remove from their cabinets. The flexible carapace was a dark gray color, without any visible seams or ridges. Its fingers had hardened, slightly pointed tips; while the feet were boots with toughened soles. To touch, it had a texture similar to human skin, although the outer layer was the one part that wasn't biological. A smart polycarbon with an external sheet of chameleon molecules, and woven with thermal fibers capable of redirecting its infrared signature. Even if a hostile did manage to locate it, the carapace was tough enough to protect him from all handheld projectile weapons, and a fair percentage of small artillery pieces.

Lawrence gave it the order to egress him, and it split open smoothly across the chest from crotch to neck. Inside the carapace was a stratum of synthetic muscle up to five centimeters thick. He pushed his foot into the right leg, feeling the gel ooze against his skin as the limb slithered deeper into the suit. Like squeezing into whale blubber, he always thought. The left leg followed; then the arms were inserted into their sleeves. He tilted his head back and reached round for the helmet, which was hanging loosely. Moving his arms through even a small arc was hard, as if he were trying to shove a gym bar that was on maximum resistance. Slowly, though, the helmet section came up, and he pushed his head up inside. The grille was open and inactive, allowing him to suck down some air. As always, he felt a quick chill of claustrophobia: it was difficult to move, he could see nothing and hear nothing through the helmet.

Indigo script blinked up as the AS reported it was ready for full integration. Lawrence gave it permission. The carapace sealed up. A ripple moved along the suit as the synthetic muscle adjusted itself to grip him correctly. The optronic membranes flashed elaborate visual test patterns at him, then began feeding him the picture from sensors mounted around the helmet. He swiveled his eyeballs from side to side, a motion picked up by the suit, which altered the sensor angle accordingly. Audio plugs wriggled into his ears, and he heard the grumbles and complaints of the platoon as they clambered into their own suits.

"Phase two," he told the suit AS.

With his legs held tight by the synthetic muscle, small nozzles extended into the valves on the top of his thighs, which had been surgically spliced into his femoral arteries and veins. A second set of nozzles coupled with the subclavian valves on his wrists; the last set were on his neck, plugging his carotid artery and jugular vein into the suit's own circulatory system. With the connections physically secure, the suit AS interfaced with the integral e-alpha guards governing the valves, enabling them. They opened, and his blood began to circulate round the suit muscle, blending with the artificial blood that the suit had been hibernating on in its support cabinet. A checklist scrolled down, confirming the suit muscles' integrity. Internal blood bladders held a large reserve of the oxygenated, nutrient-rich fluid capable of being fed into the circulation system when any bursts of strength were required. Other than that his own organs would have to support the suit muscle entirely by themselves.

"Phase three."

The suit AS began to bring a multitude of peripheral electronic systems online: he'd enhanced the original program with his Prime, which he felt gave him a better response and interface. Nobody else knew about the addition. He still wasn't sure about Prime's legal status, and the Z-B armory technicians disapproved of such customizations.

Phase three started by providing him with several sensor options, all of which he could link to targeting grids. Communication links ran through their interfaces and encryption codes. Air filters slipped across the helmet grille, giving him immunity from chemical and bioviral attack. Integrated weapons systems ran through test sequences. He selected neutral carapace coloring, shifting it from the original dark gray to a bluer shading that the human eye had difficulty distinguishing. That was coupled with full thermal radiance, allowing him to jettison the heat generated by his body and the Skin suit muscle through the thermal fiber weave. His penis sheath confirmed it was secure and capable of allowing him to take a leak any time he needed.

Lawrence stood up and examined the range of articulation his new Skin gave him, moving his limbs in every direction, bending his body, flexing fingers. Sensors on the inside of the synthetic muscle picked up the initial movement, and in conjunction with the AS shifted the suit in a corresponding motion. As he worked methodically through the various positions and actions the yammer of claustrophobia vanished as it always did. Worming up from his subconscious to replace it was a mildly narcotic sense of invulnerability. Even on Santa Chico his Skin had never let him down. Anything that made him less reliant on Captain Bryant was a good thing indeed.
The platoon trooped out of the suit armory and lumbered down the corridor to the munitions store. Each Skin's AS linked directly with the quartermaster AS to issue the weapons authorization. When he received his allocation, Lawrence's Skin split along the top of his arms, revealing various mechanical components that were melded with muscle bands to form hybrid guns and microsilos. He slotted his magazines into their receiver casings and watched as the thin muscle bands undulated, moving missiles and darts into their sacs and chambers. The punch pistol he'd been given was clipped to his belt, ironically the largest weapon and the least lethal.

For some unfathomable bureaucratic reason, the Cairns base AS had decided that the munitions store should also distribute Skin bloodpaks. Lawrence collected his four and secreted them in the abdominal pouches. They'd give him another few hours' endurance should they hit physically demanding conditions. Nice to have. Although, frankly, if the Memu Bay ground forces hadn't established their headquarters and barracks at the end of the first day, it wouldn't matter anyway.
Denise raised her sunglasses and stared at the first one. Her irises focus-shifted for detailed close-up. The Skin was very similar to what she remembered, as if a bodybuilder were wearing a dark gray leotard. They all had very fat fingers and strange bulges along the arm. Their helmet design had altered; the Skin's pliability ended around the jaw, turning into a protective shell covering the upper face and skull.

There was a tiara band of sensors at eye level, and two gill-vents on the cheeks. The only visible weapon was a cumbersome pistol clipped to a belt along with some pouches (must be for effect, she thought). Heat profile was surprisingly uniform, with only a couple of degrees' difference across the whole suit surface.

Her view pulled back. There were nine Skins walking up the street. A chorus of obscene taunting chants rose from the crowd who were moving back and forth restlessly along the pavement. Nobody ventured closer than four or five meters. Then a young man walked out into the middle of the road directly ahead of the Skins. He was carrying a can of beer, which he drained in a couple of big gulps. The Skins ignored him as they got closer. So he turned his back to them, bent down and dropped his shorts.

"Kiss my ass!"

The crowd laughed and jeered. Several cans clattered onto the road around the Skins, spinning around as foaming beer sprayed out of the open tabs. Still the Skins kept going, silent and seemingly unstoppable. Denise had to admit, their discipline was good. Her ring pearl was picking up short data-bursts from individual suits. Her Prime started to break down the heavy encryption.

A rock sailed over the heads of the crowd to smack against a Skin's chest. Denise's enhanced vision captured the sequence as the outer layer hardened around the impact point. The Skin's stride halted momentarily as the rock bounced off him. Still none of them retaliated. Emboldened by their apparently passive attitude a couple of tough lads ran out and tried to rugby tackle the invaders.

One Skin stopped as the first lad charged toward him, turning so they were facing. The lad was yelling at the top of his voice as he spread his arms wide ready for the collision. A second before they hit, the Skin darted swiftly to one side, bending slightly, one arm coming round. It was a perfectly timed throw. The Skin's arm caught the lad in his chest and lifted with tectonic strength. He left the ground, momentum flipping him until he was upside down above the Skin. Then the powered push ended. His boozy battle-cry had turned to pure terror as he found himself inverted, three meters in the air, and hurtling toward a shop wall. His arms and legs flailed wildly as the now-silent crowd watched. There was a wet thud and the sudden loud crack of snapping bone as he hit the bottom of the wall. His cry cut off dead.

The other Skin simply extended his arm, fingers flat and pointing at his assailant. He never moved as the second lad cannoned into him, the extended fingers striking the middle of his chest. There was a bright flash of electricity, and the lad jerked backward, limbs thrashing madly from the discharge. He crumpled onto the pavement, twitching.

The crowd growled its resentment. They began to close in on the Skins. A swarm of beer cans and stones started to fly.
Heretic

Post by Heretic »

wellis wrote:You're welcome

Do you have a general idea on the sizes of ships here, like their lengths? And how do Gloguk ships & Tyxan ships propel themselves at sublight? Like do Tyxan ships use some sort of organically created singularity, since you mentioned the Yuuzhan Vong as a possible inspiration, while Gloguk ships use some sort of brute force method like an antimatter or conversion drive (drive that perfectly converts matter into energy) to propel their ships?
Huge, Kilometer long battleships are extremely rare. Many ships are about the size of modern naval vessels since the JumpRings, while very large, wouldn't be able to transport whole fleets at once. As for propulsion, Tyxan would basically be using what would be akin to powerful space farts from their bio-ships whereas the Gloguk would use antimatter. The Greeg Dominant would probably use your suggestion of solar sails
Since you liked my idea about the Greegs possibly being psychic, what if it extends to their ships, like they create some sort of psychic force to propel their ships? Or maybe, borrowing from the Eldar, perhaps the Greegs have ships that look elegant and belie the Greegs savagery so their ships use solar sails to propel them around.
I'm not sure if Greeg Dominants have the mental willpower to move large amounts of mass, though I can see them using their brainpower to navigate across the stars like Dune. As for elegant ships with solar sails, I can deal with that. I mean, it would make sense since all FTL is via artificial rings around the system, there will be little to no deep space travel. While not as fast or as powerful as space farts or miniature doomsday antimatter weapons, they're cheaper to make and use.
In fact what if Greeg technology looks elegant despite being a mixture of flesh and metal. Like their guns and weapons and such look elegant compared to the brutal, harsh, angular look of Gloguk tech or the squishy, drippy organic tech of the Tyxans. It's kind of like Orks from 40K building beautiful, elegant ships and tech. And what if it requires psychic abilities to use its full potential, or for it to even work. Like their guns can't be fired unless the user is psychic. Could cut down on rebellions if only the overseers or police are psychic.
Being the extremely vain pillbugs they are, I wouldn't doubt they would make their starships, the symbol of civilization in the galaxy, as pretty as they can. I can also see using their psychic abilities to activate their weapons and even modify equipment performance like some sort of science fiction version of buffs that magicians give to items and people.

Putting down rebellions is a hobby for the Greeg Dominant, so they wouldn't want to be unsporting to their prey. Why brain fry your thralls when you can have your own little Brave New World/Orwellian playground? Besides, if they were that powerful psychically the Greeg Dominant would have taken over the galaxy long long ago. They have powerful psychic powers, but they are definitely no MInd Flayer.
As for Greeg PA, what if the power source for their PA is in fact energy harvested from single-cell organisms like the Ovo-Packs from the Final Fantasy movie?
I don't think the Greegs need any power armor, since their body can stop most small arms fire. They probably have elegant harnesses and special suits for lifting things or going into harsh environments, but not a whole lot of conventional power armor; a whole lot could go wrong and the Greeg wouldn't want to be stuck in a malfunctioning coffin. Besides, it would go against the superiority of their GREEGNESS.
And for the Gloguk, perhaps they stick an antimatter reactor into their PA or something. Like it provides a lot of power but can be dangerous.
Holy shit, I can totally see that for some human armies and the more crazier of races. Warhammer 40k Primarch level bullshit at the expense of being a walking mini nuke.
Yeah the reason I talk about elegant and Greeg is the humor of it. If their ships and tech look elegant you at first think they're some cultured race that has outgrown such notions like conquest. Until they come out of their ships and start blasting and hacking their way through everything until you're under their bootheel or dead.
The Greeg Dominant, which I never really got into during the previous rendition of Hardcore Way, is going to be fun to portray. They aren't like the other big galactic polities who has some philosophical agenda in their mind, the Greeg Dominant simply care about galactic domination pure and simple. Being the paranoid, trigger-happy homicidal pillbugs that blare propaganda while carpet bombing anyone who looks at them funny is probably the only way they managed to survive the dangers of space on their own with little to no outside help.

Whereas the Gloguk and the Tyxan Commonwealth had some headstart and help on their path to who they are today, the Greeg Dominant were completely isolated and alone in the cruel galaxy. And in order to survive the things that go bump in the void that hungrily eyed the short race, the pillbugs had to bump right back harder and nastier than their foes. War and expansion is a survival mechanism for them, and it'll show in their culture.
Skin Suit snip
Pretty cool stuff. Might look into that novel.
-Joseph Campbell
wellis

Post by wellis »

The Tyxans using space farts to propel their ships makes me imagine a Gloguk ship deciding to shove its own "fart" in their direction. Cue a Gloguk ship using its antimatter torch to ignite both the Tyxan ship's fart and the Tyxan ship itself. :D

Still...space farts. Using pure gas to propel Tyxan ships makes it sound like their ships have very slow accelerations. What do they do to increase their acceleration like during combat? Like do Tyxan ships create a lot of hydrogen fuel and create some sort of biological fusion torch?

Also what kind of ship defenses are used by the 3 main groups? Like are electromagnetic shields a thing here, like you see in much of sci-fi or does each group have its own unique standard form of defense for their ships? I know you can't really standardize the Gloguk due to the different races in it but I assume they have some standardization in order to ease logistics.

You say the Greeg wouldn't wear PA. Hm do you think they might wear something like SPI armor, as in semi-powered armor? Like I wouldn't be surprised if any power for any armor they wear would more be used to power the life support and computers in the armor. Still what kind of power source do you think Greeg ground troops would use for powered exoskeletons or space suits? I suggested something like that Ovo-pack thing because I think that's like the only time I've seen some form of biological reactor, with the exception of Robotech's protoculture, used for powering an exoskeleton.

But do you have your own ideas?

Also I hope I'm not being a nuisance by asking all these questions or talking about ideas. I don't mean to pressure you or anything, if you do feel pressured by me. Just saying that in case you do feel weary of my ideas.
Heretic

Post by Heretic »

wellis wrote:The Tyxans using space farts to propel their ships makes me imagine a Gloguk ship deciding to shove its own "fart" in their direction. Cue a Gloguk ship using its antimatter torch to ignite both the Tyxan ship's fart and the Tyxan ship itself. :D

Still...space farts. Using pure gas to propel Tyxan ships makes it sound like their ships have very slow accelerations. What do they do to increase their acceleration like during combat? Like do Tyxan ships create a lot of hydrogen fuel and create some sort of biological fusion torch?
The thousands of years the Tyxans had for genetic engineering their ships allow for pretty fast acceleration speeds, especially since their ships are usually smaller but more numerous than the Gloguk. As for how they increase acceleration, they basically consume, digest, and store the byproducts of organics. So in combat the Tyxan ships can eat victims or even smaller ships for its crew to get the equivalent of refried beans.
Also what kind of ship defenses are used by the 3 main groups? Like are electromagnetic shields a thing here, like you see in much of sci-fi or does each group have its own unique standard form of defense for their ships? I know you can't really standardize the Gloguk due to the different races in it but I assume they have some standardization in order to ease logistics.
The general combat doctrine of the Gloguk is lots of armored plating and guns. Since they fight the Tyxans the most electronic warfare isn't the top of their priority and they prefer not getting munched on and ripping apart their enemies before they can do any real damage. The Tyxans use lots of speed and organic decoys. Greeg Domiants have sandcasters for energy weapons and gravitational shielding to repulse projectiles. Some of the bigger Greeg ships can force the projectiles back at their foes.
You say the Greeg wouldn't wear PA. Hm do you think they might wear something like SPI armor, as in semi-powered armor? Like I wouldn't be surprised if any power for any armor they wear would more be used to power the life support and computers in the armor. Still what kind of power source do you think Greeg ground troops would use for powered exoskeletons or space suits? I suggested something like that Ovo-pack thing because I think that's like the only time I've seen some form of biological reactor, with the exception of Robotech's protoculture, used for powering an exoskeleton.
But do you have your own ideas?
Their harnesses and environmental suits do have some power to them, and they can be powered by all sorts of things, including super powerful singel cell organisms.
Also I hope I'm not being a nuisance by asking all these questions or talking about ideas. I don't mean to pressure you or anything, if you do feel pressured by me. Just saying that in case you do feel weary of my ideas.

No problem, it is always good to flesh out stuff.
-Joseph Campbell
wellis

Post by wellis »

Heretic wrote: Huge, Kilometer long battleships are extremely rare. Many ships are about the size of modern naval vessels since the JumpRings, while very large, wouldn't be able to transport whole fleets at once. As for propulsion, Tyxan would basically be using what would be akin to powerful space farts from their bio-ships whereas the Gloguk would use antimatter. The Greeg Dominant would probably use your suggestion of solar sails
Since "kilometer long battleships" are extremely rare, I assume all 3 sides have like only maybe at most low double-digits/high single digits, each, of such battleships/dreadnoughts right? And if you did decide to add them in, how big would you say they'd get? Like at most between 1 & 2 kilometers? Or would it be that 1 kilometer is probably the max length for a battleship, with perhaps only some sort of one-shot super battleship/dreadnought being above 1 kilometer in length?
Heretic wrote:Holy shit, I can totally see that for some human armies and the more crazier of races. Warhammer 40k Primarch level bullshit at the expense of being a walking mini nuke.
You know I could imagine fire support power armor, or something like 40K dreadnought power armor, using antimatter to power it up and provide all the juice required for such powerful PAs, but for something like Canada's nuclear power cells being used for more standard PA.

But then for the Tyxans what would be their PA equivalents to a dreadnought-style/fire support PA be and how might they power them? Because I could possibly see blood-powered organic PAs being used by standard Tyxan troops but then what power source might be used for a more powerful PA?

Also you mentioned there was this other race the Tyxans respect/are allied with, called the Hzauld who spawn various castes for different functions. Who are they and what is their tech like? I'm assuming its organic like the Tyxan tech?

Also you might like this size chart for scifi ships. It shows just how big some scifi ships can get.
Heretic

Post by Heretic »

Since "kilometer long battleships" are extremely rare, I assume all 3 sides have like only maybe at most low double-digits/high single digits, each, of such battleships/dreadnoughts right? And if you did decide to add them in, how big would you say they'd get? Like at most between 1 & 2 kilometers? Or would it be that 1 kilometer is probably the max length for a battleship, with perhaps only some sort of one-shot super battleship/dreadnought being above 1 kilometer in length?

The would say 3 Kilometer ships are FUCKHUEG super weapons, with most Warships (the dreadnoughts of Hardcore Regenesis) being about 1 Kilometer. The smallest Warhammer 40k freighters are the largest monster ships in my universe.
But then for the Tyxans what would be their PA equivalents to a dreadnought-style/fire support PA be and how might they power them? Because I could possibly see blood-powered organic PAs being used by standard Tyxan troops but then what power source might be used for a more powerful PA?
I'm leaning towards something similar to Tagers of the Cthulhutech RPG, where the whole bloody person turns into a bulky biochemical creature. Like maybe there is this elite organization consistent in each colony who raises humanoid bio-engineered creatures alongside their potential Tyxan pilots from a young age like pets, and when the Tyxans come to age there is a sort of ritual that has a 50/50 fatality rate as the two beings merge into one, transformable warrior.

Yeah, I like the sound of that. And that way, maybe these super "Tager" suits (which I'll find another name for) rely on their owner's unique blood and genetic material to power itself. And in turn, their users have higher metabolism than usual to maintain the process.
Also you mentioned there was this other race the Tyxans respect/are allied with, called the Hzauld who spawn various castes for different functions. Who are they and what is their tech like? I'm assuming its organic like the Tyxan tech?
I go the idea for the Hzauld from the anime Gargantia on the Verdurous Planet, where humanity is fighting space squids. By the end of the series,
It is discovered that the space squids were actually humans who decided to go with genetic engineering and evolved into different forms for extensive space exploration, going to war with the more technological human for a thousand or so years.
The Hzauld are basically space squids who have a caste system in where certain castes are born with certain mutations that give them specific roles in society. There are about six or seven castes, the highest being the autonomous and beaky warriors who can use the lowest case, explosive little squirts who are born with a set number of "charges", as ranged weapons and grenades. They use themselves as "technology", using organic material only to armor themselves, create JumpRings they view as gods, and eat.
-Joseph Campbell
wellis

Post by wellis »

Hm considering the possibility of blood-powered Tyxan PA, what if to sustain themselves in the field, like refilling an empty blood pack to allow for bursts of strength, Tyxan PA can also drain blood from enemy combatants. They could get a reporting name like "Vampire" or something.

And since one good way to kill vampires is with fire, many Gloguk troops use microwave weapons against Tyxan troops. It's like a next-gen flamethrower. No metal on the Tyxans to reflect microwave radiation.

As for the Greeg, what if they use some sort of synthetic crystal for the inorganic part of their tech? Like it looks pretty and it's also very resistant against something like laser weapons due to them firing pure light and relying on heat to damage instead of something like charged particle beams which rely on both heat and kinetic energy to deal with a target?
Heretic

Post by Heretic »

wellis wrote:Hm considering the possibility of blood-powered Tyxan PA, what if to sustain themselves in the field, like refilling an empty blood pack to allow for bursts of strength, Tyxan PA can also drain blood from enemy combatants. They could get a reporting name like "Vampire" or something.
Vampire power suits. Yeah, I can dig that.
And since one good way to kill vampires is with fire, many Gloguk troops use microwave weapons against Tyxan troops. It's like a next-gen flamethrower. No metal on the Tyxans to reflect microwave radiation.
I can see extensive use of heated weaponry. A whole Earthling continent is dedicated to chemical warfare to kill Tyxan biotech, so fire isn't too far off. But the Gloguk being the Gloguk, PEW PEW PEW is still a much beloved way of trolling dem space elves.
As for the Greeg, what if they use some sort of synthetic crystal for the inorganic part of their tech? Like it looks pretty and it's also very resistant against something like laser weapons due to them firing pure light and relying on heat to damage instead of something like charged particle beams which rely on both heat and kinetic energy to deal with a target?
I dub this new energy crystal Greegonium.

Dude I love the idea that the Greegs are so fucking vain they have to make even their down and gritty power supply look amazing. And maybe the heat weaponry the Greeg Dominant uses can be similar to Warhammer 40k's Volkite Weaponry, which are short range heat rays but are so fucking powerful it causes the victim to combust inside their armor. The power crystals are so powerful with heat energy that despite being so inconspicuous can power both the armor the Greegs may be wearing and their weapons at the same time. Torching their foes at close range with sleek and chromatic death rays while blaring out propaganda of their achievements make the pillbugs seem more murderously hilarious.
-Joseph Campbell
wellis

Post by wellis »

Yesss! :twisted:

Hm regarding the Gloguk & Greeg do you think there might be things the Greeg possibly copy from the Gloguk, just in a more effective or advanced form due to their higher technological base?

Also I'm trying to figure out melee weapons that could be used without always borrowing from 40K.

Here is an old one from Booted Vulture. Specifically from his "Forlorn Hope" verse back on the old Omniverse Zero forum. Maybe inspiration can be drawn from it?:
2D Swords.

A sword so sharp its two dimensional – Slogan of Fenris Ltd. Close quarters Division.

The fruition of a concept that was first thought up by sci-fi writers of the 20th century, the 2D Sword is a truly mono–molecular blade. Capable of cutting anything up to warship grade armour plates effortlessly.

Humanity has possessed the technology to sharpen a blade to a mono–molecular edge. Unfortunately this edge has the consistency of soft butter and quickly wears away. In fact most modern blades of any kind have been sharpened to a mono–molecular edge and it worn away leaving a sharp and study blade. However a true mono–molecular blade was impossible to come by.

The solution like many other advanced modern technology was scrounged from the ‘Big 2’ the Ubeerian Imperium and the Ank–Sen Alliance. All though in this case it is the Imperium’s tech that provided the answer.

Ironically enough it was armour technology that the solution was derived from. The Ubeerians do not employ energy shield technology. Instead energised armour deflects/absorbs enemy attacks.

And by the same energising technique, the mono–molecular blade of a 2D sword is stabilised. This energy field also disrupts the molecules that are being cut preventing them from reforming after the blade is gone. 2D Swords can only been made out of the same material as Ubeerian armour.

Due the rarity of the said materials in Protectorate space and the difficulty of importing them, 2D blades are very rare and consequently cost a lot of money in the realms of many thousands of pounds.

However this doesn’t just buy the mono molecularity it buys an exquisitely sculpted hilt that are designed individually for each customer to suit the purposed of the blade.

The only disadvantage of the 2D Sword is the fact in constantly needs to be powered to maintain itself. With out the energy field even a very slight jolt to the scabbard or a single swing of the sword would shatter the blade. Individually the power source in the hilt can power the field for Two hours. The larger power source in the scabbard up to 48 hours. Both the hilt and the scabbard come with leads to plug into a main supply to both recharges the battery and power the field simultaneously.

NB: The 2D sword features in my 'Best Served Cold' fic in the literature section.

Then there's the Beam Sword from Mobius's Total Extinction:
BEAM SWORDS

An elegant weapon, the Beam Sword is only affordable to the rich and powerful. A status symbol, the Beam Sword is not to be confused with the Lightsabre, as it does not poerate from crystal technology. The beam sword is like a powerful plasma torch that is controlled by a very complex system of gravity beams, to shape it into a meter-long blade that can slice through any known material with ease. Extremely expensive, Beam Swords are only a dream to the common man, they only see the weapon in use during the Olympics. The Beam Sword is often coupled with fencing-style tactics, although Star Wars-style styles are not uncommon. The main maunfacturer of Beam Swords is, of course, LME.
wellis

Post by wellis »

Heh part of me wonders what chainswords here would be like if one found a Gloguk version, a Tyxan version, & a Greeg version.

Like if one were to put all 3 chainswords side-by-side, what would one notice about each version like in looks or materials? And what physical properties of their teeth might be noticed?

I could possibly imagine a Gloguk chainswords heating up its teeth till they're glowing to help cut through armor better while a Tyxan chainswords mixes in acid from its teeth to help cut through armor better while a Greeg chainsword has some sort of matter disruptor field around its teeth to help cut through armor better.

Also vs the Tyxans, part of me wonders if the Gloguk might use biofuel reactors a lot as a means to provide power to cities or whatever and also as a means to dispose of Tyxan organic crap. Like in the aftermath of some battle, the Gloguk build some outpost or city or whatever and decide to use all the organic crap the Tyxans have left behind, since they're all dead or something, and chuck it into some sort of biofuel reactor. Lots of fuel all around in the form of dead monstrosities and Tyxan bodyparts and so on. Heck maybe even Gloguk dead could also be turned into fuel for such reactors, like after the death rites are over you can do whatever with the bodies?
Last edited by wellis on Fri Aug 21, 2015 12:54 am, edited 2 times in total.
Heretic

Post by Heretic »

Got some class finals, so will be busy for a while. But after that, I'm gonna answer all your questions, which are really great so far. Sometimes I daydream at class thinking of this stuff.
-Joseph Campbell
wellis

Post by wellis »

Heretic wrote:Got some class finals, so will be busy for a while. But after that, I'm gonna answer all your questions, which are really great so far. Sometimes I daydream at class thinking of this stuff.
Cool. And I hope you do well on your finals. Those are never fun.
Heretic

Post by Heretic »

Hm regarding the Gloguk & Greeg do you think there might be things the Greeg possibly copy from the Gloguk, just in a more effective or advanced form due to their higher technological base?
If it helps with galactic domination, the Greeg aren't afraid to copy it, since there is no shame of taking something that will eventually be theirs sooner or later.

Also I'm trying to figure out melee weapons that could be used without always borrowing from 40K.
I say while melee is an important part of combat in Hardcore Regenesis, the weapons don't have to be super crazy. Things like living blades for the Tyxans and blades made from super allows for the others work perfectly fine.

If I ever do laser swords, it's gonna be like that Beam Katana from the game No More Heroes

I could possibly imagine a Gloguk chainswords heating up its teeth till they're glowing to help cut through armor better while a Tyxan chainswords mixes in acid from its teeth to help cut through armor better while a Greeg chainsword has some sort of matter disruptor field around its teeth to help cut through armor better.
Damn it, I didn't think I needed factional chainswords, but now I demand it. Originally I didn't really differentiate the Greeg and the Gloguk much aside from the Greeg being more hybrid of biotech and normal tech, but now I can see them having their own unique techline. A sort of psionic-crystal-heat energy-robust yet elegant vibe going on with them.

I think Tyxan chainswords should be derived from some sort of deep sea slug is moves across the sea bottom really fast using its spikes. The Tyxans simply add in a stimulating organic pommel to make the slug stronger and survive out in the air. The Gloguk could have PETROMCHEMICAL POWERED POWERSWORDS that require strings to rev up like an actual chainsaw.

Greeg Chainswords could be that matter disruption shit, but maybe the more prestigious swords also have a small but powerful repelling field that aims in conical way away from the Greeg user. The sole purpose of this is to keep chunky salsa bits and dirty xeno blood away from the PURE GREEG CHITIN by pushing all dismembered parts and blood away from them.
Also vs the Tyxans, part of me wonders if the Gloguk might use biofuel reactors a lot as a means to provide power to cities or whatever and also as a means to dispose of Tyxan organic crap. Like in the aftermath of some battle, the Gloguk build some outpost or city or whatever and decide to use all the organic crap the Tyxans have left behind, since they're all dead or something, and chuck it into some sort of biofuel reactor. Lots of fuel all around in the form of dead monstrosities and Tyxan bodyparts and so on. Heck maybe even Gloguk dead could also be turned into fuel for such reactors, like after the death rites are over you can do whatever with the bodies?
I do see recycling as a common part of all the factions' conquest and terraforming plans. The Gloguk do use biofuel alot for their wartime energy needs, but they also use whatever is available; antimatter is still a hard thing to make and usually used only in spaceships and extremely powerful equipment. When they terraform a Tyxan planet they usually have one of their OM NOM NOM races like the Shoggoths to consume the matter and shit out primordial soup and carbon to use for replanting and feeding algae and stuff to build the beginnings of a sustainable (and Gloguk friendly) ecosystem. The Tyxans' whole civilization is based on replenishing and diversifying their organic way of life, with their ships and buildings needing food to continue living and functioning like they do. Bioships are known to eat their smaller foes in battle, discarding the metal stuff after their parasites and acid clean the insides of organics. Prisoners are usually either "harvested" or mutated for their pleasure.

As for the Greeg Dominants, while they do at times partake in the hobby of Terraforming, usually for empty planets devoid of most life, the Greegs prefer to simply build high spire palaces and floating forts over subjugated peoples and cackle over fine crafted fermented beverages as they watch their thralls build grand structures below. They do like turning their defeated foes into organic mass for their personal Food Designers to shape and form into custom chemical wonders that delight the senses or make flesh sculptures from the biomass; their favorite is shaping Gloguk species into Tyxans and vice versa for ironic value, and there are usually informal shows where they showcase their work.
-Joseph Campbell
wellis

Post by wellis »

Man the Greeg are really fucked up pillbugs! They're this creepy organic & metal using race that has shades of the Dark Eldar in fucked up ness!

Considering what you mentioned about the Vgar Ki & Verakeef, I could imagine a lot of asteroid mining and space habitats. Like the Gloguk are more willing than the Tyxans to exploit all the resources of a solar system. Like not only will they build settlements on planets, but they'll build space stations/colonies along with building settlements in asteroid fields for asteroid mining or building colonies around gas giants to extract rare gasses and such.

Hell a great way to create antimatter is to build dyson swarms around stars to provide the power required to create antimatter farms.

Also since Mars is dominated by a sorta techno-feudal society, I'm now sorta imagining knights in power armor or mini-mecha from Mars. Like maybe their peasant levies are armed with cheap power armor, with maybe lesser knights wearing heavier, but somehow better and faster power armor while the wealthy powerful knights are like running around in mini-mecha, their "steeds" (the mini-mecha) being fusion-powered engines of destruction. In fact what if Martian knight mini-mecha is like in the shape of a horse? In ages past, knights in shining armor rode on powerful destriers but in this age, the knight rides inside his shining armored destrier. ;)

Hell imagine if nobles on Mars have honor duels like this :lol: :
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FXET1kvEOAY

Like maybe tanks are more practical but Mars wanted something more personalized and single-occupant for its cavalry.
Heretic

Post by Heretic »

wellis wrote:Man the Greeg are really fucked up pillbugs! They're this creepy organic & metal using race that has shades of the Dark Eldar in fucked up ness!
Comparing the Greeg Dominants' raw power with flimsy elves who go day by day with little ambition, thinking only of gratifying themselves in sadistic pleasure under the threatening shadow of some carnal god(dess) is an insult to Greegs everywhere and one who make such comparison deserves a heat ray to the face at point blank range.

Considering what you mentioned about the Vgar Ki & Verakeef, I could imagine a lot of asteroid mining and space habitats. Like the Gloguk are more willing than the Tyxans to exploit all the resources of a solar system. Like not only will they build settlements on planets, but they'll build space stations/colonies along with building settlements in asteroid fields for asteroid mining or building colonies around gas giants to extract rare gasses and such.
Man, I can totally see the Vgar Ki and the Gloguk totally jacking some of the Solar Systems' resources for a couple of decades while the Aeiou and the Steel Scions of Canoipus Mu got the Earthlings and the Martians back on their feet respectively. Hell, the Vgar Ki during their own little invasion of Earth and Mars probably settled down on old derelict SDC stations, waging war with the mutants and zombies of the former crew after the Tyxans messed around. Vgar Ki have a sizable portion in "human" sphere and they usually settle anywhere they can. So I wouldn't be surprised if as humanity rediscovered their system and the ancient ruins their predecessors left they would find snoozing lizards tumbling out as they tear apart the places.
Hell a great way to create antimatter is to build dyson swarms around stars to provide the power required to create antimatter farms.
I don't know too much about antimatter, so I'm holding off on any super antimatter infrastructure.
Also since Mars is dominated by a sorta techno-feudal society, I'm now sorta imagining knights in power armor or mini-mecha from Mars. Like maybe their peasant levies are armed with cheap power armor, with maybe lesser knights wearing heavier, but somehow better and faster power armor while the wealthy powerful knights are like running around in mini-mecha, their "steeds" (the mini-mecha) being fusion-powered engines of destruction. In fact what if Martian knight mini-mecha is like in the shape of a horse? In ages past, knights in shining armor rode on powerful destriers but in this age, the knight rides inside his shining armored destrier. ;)

Hell imagine if nobles on Mars have honor duels like this :lol: :
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FXET1kvEOAY
The power armor/mini-mecha idea would make sense since those were from the Mars Terraforming days and are probably priceless to the post-apocalyptic warlords of Mars, but the culture and style I'm going for with Mars is a sort of techno Barbarian/Sword and Sorcery similar to the Barsoom series, except with more guns and technology. The DyImperium of Mars is ruled by a brother and a sister, one representing Might while the other represents Will. Since the Martians are more warrior-like and less inclined to the more nuanced ways of aristocratic court, they would love to duel in power suits or good old fashioned finely oiled muscles, but it won't be posh like that video unfortunately.
-Joseph Campbell
wellis

Post by wellis »

How long, in-universe, has it been since the Aeiou & Steel Scions gotten both Earth and Mars back on their feet? Like has it been a century or two you would say? Essentially how many years apart is the "present" from the end of the Dark Centuries?

Hm since Mars is sorta Barsoom-like or John Carter of Mars-like, are there green-skinned Martian princesses, or whatever the stereotype is, like this? The image is from an RPG.
http://i.imgur.com/5OwydMI.jpg
Heretic

Post by Heretic »

wellis wrote:How long, in-universe, has it been since the Aeiou & Steel Scions gotten both Earth and Mars back on their feet? Like has it been a century or two you would say? Essentially how many years apart is the "present" from the end of the Dark Centuries?
I don't go into that much detail on exact dates, but I'd say about three centuries have passed since the end of the Dark Centuries, which lasted for about two centuries.
Hm since Mars is sorta Barsoom-like or John Carter of Mars-like, are there green-skinned Martian princesses, or whatever the stereotype is, like this? The image is from an RPG.
http://i.imgur.com/5OwydMI.jpg
Since the Tyxans messed around with Mars as well, I don't doubt finding Tybrids there. Perhaps they were created to have some sort of Photosynthesis as shown in the pigment of their skin. Unlike the Tybrids in Earth the Martian Tybrids formed their own civilization and technically are their own race, but are for all attempts and purposes lumped with the Martians.

So yes, we can totally have green-skinned Martian princesses. Dunno about four armed though, but I'm sure there are many other mutations within their people.
-Joseph Campbell
wellis

Post by wellis »

Who are the most advanced and least advanced Gloguk Member races and who are the most advanced and least advanced Gloguk Participant races?

Also are we going to see other articles on other races anytime soon? Like one on the Tyxans and their factions or the Greeg or other Gloguk races?
Heretic

Post by Heretic »

Who are the most advanced and least advanced Gloguk Member races and who are the most advanced and least advanced Gloguk Participant races?

I would say in terms of member races, the Varakeef are the most advanced while it is contested between the Steel Scions of Canoipus Mu who favor good old fashion melee and chemical projectiles while riding domesticated rhino things or the schizo-tech Vgar-Ki,
Also are we going to see other articles on other races anytime soon? Like one on the Tyxans and their factions or the Greeg or other Gloguk races?
Trying to finish the South American Earthling article before heading into another Gloguk Member race like the Vgar Ki or Aeiou because of their role in trolling human history,and then the Tyxans after that.
-Joseph Campbell
wellis

Post by wellis »

Hm how much of the galaxy has been explored here? Considering just how many stars there are, I'm wondering if despite all 3 groups being quite old, the vast, vast majority of the galaxy is still "Here there be dragons" territory?

To show you what I mean, take a glance at this Traveller interactive map. Looks like quite a bit of territory right? Now keep on scrolling out until you can fit the entire Milky Way in the screen of your computer.

In fact considering the amount of resources even most standard solar systems have, it might be the territories of all 3 groups might be surprisingly compact and developed. Even the Tyxans and Varakeef, direct descendants of the Progenitors themselves, surely can't know all under heaven in the Milky Way?