Random Ideas (Input Requested!)

High tech intrigue and Cold War
Siege
Site Admin

Re: Random Ideas (Input Requested!)

Post by Siege » Wed Mar 21, 2018 2:21 pm

"We're not quite sure what happened to Las Vegas. We know some people made it out of ground zero of the event. We know we sent some people in that never came back, or when they did - well let's just say no-one came back and leave it at that. It helps me sleep at night. We tried other ways too: drones, satellites, long sticks with camera's taped to 'em. The results are... unconclusive. The city is there, but not quite. Sometimes we recognize landmarks - the Strip, the Bellagio, Vegas Vic. Sometimes all you get is this... blur, like a broken reflection of what is supposed to be there. And sometimes we see things that we know aren't supposed to be there. Primal things. Colossal things. Singularly unpleasant to look at things. It doens't help to take pictures, because photographs change just as the city does. We've quarantined it, everything from Death Valley to the Canyon. Nothing in, nothing out unless you've got orders from the President. Hey, it worked for the Soviets at Chernobyl and Arkadeva-Sarov, right?"

"Nick Fury. Old-school cold warrior. The original black ops hardcase. Long before I stepped off a C-130 at Da Nang, Fury and his team had set fire to half of Asia." - Frank Castle

I breakfast upon Armadas such as thine!

Heretic

Re: Random Ideas (Input Requested!)

Post by Heretic » Thu Apr 12, 2018 6:24 am

Okay that gave me the creeps. The vague description and picture helps the imagination too.
Computers are like Old Testament gods; lots of rules and no mercy.
-Joseph Campbell