European Leaders (1979 - 2021)

High tech intrigue and Cold War
Siege
Site Admin

European Leaders (1979 - 2021)

Post by Siege »

I suppose this is kind of boring but I sorta need the reference material. As ever, everything is amenable to sudden and irrevocable change.

Presidents of the Western European Union

1993 - 1997 Gerard Engel van Zant (NET)
Erudite and soft-spoken diplomat with an long career in European politics, a flawless background and very few political enemies that secured him a place in history as the first President of the WEU. His cultured and confident demeanor ensured a remarkable popularity; a seemingly endless reservoir of contacts and favors accumulated over decades of public service made Van Zant surprisingly effective even though at the time the powers of his office had not yet been clearly defined.

1997 - 2001 Ferenc Malatesta (ITA)
Former President of Italy. Malatesta in many ways set the job description for future office holders as a pro-active President, speaking for the Union abroad. Orchestrated the expansion of the WEU to include Tunisia and Morocco.

2001 - 2005 Gunvald Persbrandt (SWE)
No-nonsense Swedish career politician. Managed to mold the formerly byzantine structure of the WEU into a more functional, quasi-federal system that struck a careful balance between nationalist and federalist sentiments. Created the position of Director of the European Security Initiative as a member of the European Commission. Presided over the introduction of the Euro as official currency in much of the WEU.

2005 - 2009 Manuela Vilar de Maçada (POR)
Former NATO Secretary-General, known as 'Mão de Ferro' (Iron Hand) in her native Portugal. Established by treaty that the President and the European Council formulate overall WEU strategy and the Commission deals with implementation. Staunch supporter of rapproachment toward both the USA and the USSR.

2009 - 2013 Aleron Dassault (FRA)
Former President of France. First President to occupy the official residence in Brussels, and fly the office's private jet. Expanded the Eurocorps to a military force with global ambitions.

2013 - 2017 Yasmine Cohen-Inoubli (TUN)
Former Prime Minister of Tunisia. First President hailing from a non-European country. During her term the WEU presence in Northern Africa expanded significantly.

2017 - 2021 Herzog Alexander Fuchs (BRD)
Former Chancellor of West Germany. First person to simultaneously hold the offices of President of the European Council and President of the European Commission, thus creating a single presidential position for the Union as a whole.

British Prime Ministers

1979 - 1992 Adelaide Drake-Carringdon (C)
Longest-serving British Prime Minister of the 20th century. The Baroness Drake-Carringdon was a member of the Conservative Party, and harbored ambitions to restore Britain to glories past.

1992 - 2002 Julian Leighland Liberty (LD)
First Liberal Party Prime Minister and first black man to hold the position. Survived more motions of no-confidence than any PM before him.

2002 - 2008 Imogen Frost (L)
First Labour Party Prime Minister in over twenty years.

French Presidents

1997 - 2007 Aurora Thierry

2007 - 2013 Aleron Dassault
"Nick Fury. Old-school cold warrior. The original black ops hardcase. Long before I stepped off a C-130 at Da Nang, Fury and his team had set fire to half of Asia." - Frank Castle

For, now De Ruyter's topsails
Off naked Chatham show,
We dare not meet him with our fleet -
And this the Dutchmen know!
Booted Vulture

Re: European Leaders (1979 - 2021)

Post by Booted Vulture »

Apparently the continued Cold War isn't just good for runaway military budgets, it also leads to great strides in feminism. :P
Ah Brother! It's been too long!
Siege
Site Admin

Re: European Leaders (1979 - 2021)

Post by Siege »

I admit that's probably just my wishful thinking :).
"Nick Fury. Old-school cold warrior. The original black ops hardcase. Long before I stepped off a C-130 at Da Nang, Fury and his team had set fire to half of Asia." - Frank Castle

For, now De Ruyter's topsails
Off naked Chatham show,
We dare not meet him with our fleet -
And this the Dutchmen know!