Weird Dreams

For the talkin' of jibba jabba.
Shady

Re: Weird Dreams

Post by Shady »

I dreamed that I was sleeping in my bed, and this guy/girl (it was masked, so I don't know), came in and stabbed me in the motherfucking chest with a huge ass knife. Blood was gushing and spraying all over the walls, and then I woke up in horror, clutching my chest.

I had fallen off my bed and was on the floor. Weird, especially since this is the first dream I had in weeks, at least as far as I can remember.
It Is Better To Reign In Hell Than To Serve In Heaven!
Shroom Man 777
Global Mod

Post by Shroom Man 777 »

Jesus, that's a terrible dream, Shady. :shock:

"Sometimes Shroomy I wonder if your imagination actually counts as some sort of war crime." - FROD
Shady

Post by Shady »

Shroom Man 777 wrote:Jesus, that's a terrible dream, Shady. :shock:
When I dream it's mostly scary stuff like this, although I rarely remember my dreams - so I can't be sure how often I dream.

I'm not lucky like some of you mangs, with your awesome Jack Nicholson dreams and stuff. I would kill to have a dream like that. :D
Booted Vulture

Post by Booted Vulture »

I was an Avatar in my dream last night. At first I was struggling through some muddy plains with a bunch of other Na'vi; then we were all in the cinema; watching Avatar, while still being Na'vi.

Then I left the cinema nd met up with a trio of humans and ended up being chased across a futuristic city for some reason.

I should have posted this earlier I can't remember it very well.
Ah Brother! It's been too long!
Czernobog

Post by Czernobog »

I still remember one of my weirdest dreams.

It involved some anti-alcohol guy wanting to drive Tolkien-esque elves off their land, so the Simpsons came in and it got even weirder. It involved, if I remember correctly, a robot who thought he'd been to the Moon, the aforementioned Simpsons and Tolkien-esque elves, and two workers in a steel factory who had turned into Komodo Dragons through working there. It ended just as the Simpsons were about to confront the anti-alcohol guy, which was even more weird.
You have ruled this galaxy for ten thousand years.
You have little of account to show for your efforts.
Order. Unity. Obedience.
We taught the galaxy these things.

And we shall do so again.
Kingmaker

Post by Kingmaker »

Last night I dreamt that I was in the British Army the day after D-Day, and that the BEF was under attack by a bunch of different monster-things, and I ended up fighting a demented cross between Wall-E and a Dalek. I only really remember the fight with the Wall-Ek. I and a bunch of other British guys (don't ask me why I was British in this dream) were hiding out in a traditional French cafe, which was mysteriously located just off some kind of modern airport or mall corridor. Some guys had set up a machine gun in the corridor and were going to distract it while I and a bunch of other guys and some British Corporal-man whose last name started with B flanked it.

Of course, the whole plan went to shit. The MG nest got run over in about two seconds. Luckily there was another one behind it...somehow. The Wall-Ek got distracted driving back and forth over the wrecked MG, which meant it was too close to the cafe for us to jump it. Finally it pulled its shit together and started attacking the second MG with ill-defined/remembered weapons of deathrapefear. So Corporal B and I and the bunch of mans jumped out and started shooting the Wall-Ek with our guns, and of course it did nothing. So then I went back into the cafe and found a grenade, and threw it at the Wall-Ek, which damaged it and then it turned around and started shooting at us. I got out of the way, but Corporal B got vaporized. That made me really upset for no apparent reason. Then I think somebody blew it up (don't really remember) and I woke up.

Look, it was really weird and scary.
When the Cambrian measures were forming, They promised perpetual peace.
They swore, if we gave them our weapons, that the wars of the tribes would cease.
But when we disarmed They sold us and delivered us bound to our foe,
And the Gods of the Copybook Heading said: "Stick to the Devil you know."
-Rudyard Kipling
Shroom Man 777
Global Mod

Post by Shroom Man 777 »

:lol:

Oh you people and your dreams are just so crazy!

"Sometimes Shroomy I wonder if your imagination actually counts as some sort of war crime." - FROD
Invictus

Post by Invictus »

Why is the most important fact I remember about Captain America is that he used to be a werewolf?

(Yes, this is a dream I had.)
"This explanation posits that external observation leads to the collapse of the quantum wave function. This is another expression of reactionary idealism, and it's indeed the most brazen expression."
-
REBUILD OF COMIX STAGE 1 - Rey Quirino Versus the Dark Heart of the Philippines
"...a literary atrocity against the senses..." - Ford

REBUILD OF COMIX STAGE 2 - Advent Rey Returns: REVERGELTUNG
Coming NEVER
Shroom Man 777
Global Mod

Post by Shroom Man 777 »

Perhaps you are confusing him with Chopper Dave.

Booted Vulture

Post by Booted Vulture »

OK I had a bunch of strange dreams last night; the first bit I remembered was something like Hancock IIRC (which i probably don't) as in the bit where he gets carted into hospital only instead of will smith Hancock was played by a gigantically fat black woman.

Later we were all in a room (as in the denizens of O1) and seemed be watching out past exploits on video or something. All i remember is that we had a lot of different actionly exploits which i could tell because my beard kept changing between shots and i apparently owe Shroomz my life several times over. He kept shoving me away from massive explosions and things.

Thanks shroomz!
Shroom Man 777
Global Mod

Post by Shroom Man 777 »

Dave, GET DOWN! *shoves Boots away from a massive explosion*
only instead of will smith Hancock was played by a gigantically fat black woman.
:lol:

Shady

Post by Shady »

I had a rather disturbing nightmare last night. I dreamed that there were bugs crawling under my skin and that I was trying to get them out by cutting my skin with a knife, then it got weirder and I was pulling out large white snakes out of a hole, where my belly button was supposed to be. By the end of it I was covered in my own blood and screaming like crazy. I woke up at 6 in the morning scared shitless.

This has got to be the creepiest dream I have ever had.
Shroom Man 777
Global Mod

Post by Shroom Man 777 »

I had a weird dream, and I think I was in the form of Fidel Castro - the badass moustached Solid Snake expy Comix character of mine, not the decrepit leader of Cuba - and I was taking on these bunch of weird guys. These guys wore ski-masks and were armed with pistols and shit, but their movements were very synchronized and a tad bit slow - making it easy for me to murderize them with my badass CQC maneuvers. It turns out, the reason these guys were masked and faceless, was because these guys were essentially brain-dead people who were being used as psychic puppets by a bunch of telepath assassins. Man. Like, they all emptied their rounds in poor accuracy - because coordinating the aim of a dozen assassins is difficult for their mind controllers - and they all stopped and reloaded at the exact same moment, making it easy to defeat them. Yeah! Crazy Soviet psychic puppet troopers!

Booted Vulture

Post by Booted Vulture »

Shroomz, even your subconscious is telling you to write moar dino eatahs!
Invictus

Post by Invictus »

Normally, I don't write up my dreams. They tend to be a hazy collection of scenes anyway, and in writing them up into a narrative they inevitably become more of a constructed story than an experience. But I have to share this one because it's particularly weird:

So, it's the middle of the 19th Century and electricity generated from and guided by demons have been proven as the most effective method of power distribution, beating out a complicated and unreliable array of wires and switches in a competition to execute a massive and complicated sequence of blinking electric lights, something like a primitive monitor. Society adapts to this advancement and I am some kind of factory worker in overalls, visiting an abandoned building which may have been either a factory or posh mansion. There's a party there, with bottles of beer being passed around me and my mates. Everyone was just standing or sitting with backs to walls, but it was a lot of fun. But then, we knew for some reason that we were all dying. Some of my friends were already dead, their electric ghosts generating a shared hallucination of a really good time. And that was the secret of the era - that people's souls could linger indefinitely after death as long as they had a supply of power. Eventually, I was the only one left alive and it was up to me to go out and kill people with a pair of revolvers, so my dead friends could absorb the freshly released soul-electricity and keep the party going. It still didn't last, though. The last thing I remember was walking back into the now semi-empty room with my revolvers, both of which only had one bullet left; the last scene was the police discovering all our dead bodies.
"This explanation posits that external observation leads to the collapse of the quantum wave function. This is another expression of reactionary idealism, and it's indeed the most brazen expression."
-

Coming NEVER
Shroom Man 777
Global Mod

Post by Shroom Man 777 »

Sweet Jesus. That's worthy of a story in itself, man!

Invictus

Post by Invictus »

This time I was a quisling assassin in the service of the ROBOT REVOLUTION. My mission was to murder a whole apartment of people with my bare hands so my robot commander could use the building to conduct his unholy experiments. I was a mere human, but apparently I was really good at this as I moved systematically from the ground floor to the top, killing everyone who already hadn't fled the building. The killing was straightforward, but there were a few action-movie types who took extra effort to put down. One James Bond-lookalike made his last stand on the penultimate floor, still surprisingly alive after I caught him in the shower previously and put a hole in his abdomen. I stabbed him with his own icepick, broke his neck and threw him out of a window or something.

The top floor was a penthouse suite, and empty. I assumed that my job was done, so I stepped out of the room to report my success. But then when I came back in, one of the doors were open, so I went and closed it - apparently the robot commander's experiment required a sealed environment. But then I stepped out for a moment again and the door was open a second time - there must have been a survivor! By that time the mysterious experiment had already begun and the temperature of the building was rising, and I knew that as a fleshy human I wouldn't survive. So I started searching for the last survivor...and woke up.
-

Coming NEVER
Somes J

Post by Somes J »

I had a weird one last night.

First, to get context, I should explain that my apartment is right above a 3 story deep rectangular pit created by this seemingly randomly placed brick wall (structural reinforcement wall?) that I look over to see the view beyond. I drew an illustration with Paint:

So I dreamt that this pit started filling up with a water from a big pipe at one end of it (in the dream it looked sunny, so I'm guessing it wasn't because it was raining, but there are gutter pipes that empty into it - there are drains in it for rainwater - so I'm guessing that's what prompted the image). The bottom was flooded with water, not quite enough to start flooding into the windows of the apartments at the bottom (aside: I'm really lucky I live on the top floor so I can look over the wall and don't just have a fugly pit for my view), and I noticed there were creatures swimming around in there. They looked a little like lobsters but they were swimmers and black and they had these long whisker-like tendrils coming from their faces. I got the impression they were maybe not quite as long as my arm; so maybe a little less than 2 feet long. They reminded me a little of something that might have swum around in the Cambrian oceans. I drew a picture of one with Paint:

There was other stuff swimming around in there too, like yellow things that remind me a little of horseshoe crabs or the facehugger from Alien when I think back on it (I think the second association might have occurred to me in the dream), and the creatures creeped me out. Come to think of it the whisker-things might have been a consistent them with them, I can't remember but all the glimpses I can remember I think the creatures in them had them. The water started coming into my apartment and flooding the apartment and the hallway, and I was super-freaked out that the creatures were in the water with me, and I kept seeing one and one of them got close to me. I think it might have touched me. I was totally freaked out.

Weird.

Thinking back on it, I think I can maybe put together some of the things that went into this dream. The pit has lots of metal beams across it that pigeons used to come and sit on before they installed some pigeon-proof netting (which has busted and some little birds have started coming into it, but no pigeons so far). I do have a phobia of pigeons and am horrified at the thought of one touching me and was horrified at the thought of one coming in through the window. One time one of them did sit on the windowsill when I was sleeping. I woke up and the thing must have been no more than a couple of feet from my face. I think I might have screamed; I wasn't tracking too well because I was still just coming out of sleep, but I know I scared it off by making some kind of vocalization of my fear and disgust.

Also one time when I was a little kid me and my mom went to the San Francisco Academy of Science, and when we were going through the aquarium exhibit we passed this one really evil looking fish - the deadly stonefish - which freaked me out a little, and my mom said she really wouldn't want to be there if there was an earthquake and the place ended up getting flooded and you'd have to wade through water that had that swimming around in it.

Also I was sick last night. I'm not sure if that had anything to do with it, but it might have.

One final thing that may have gone into it, I remember a while back somebody (I think it was Shroom) posted a picture of some open air market somewhere where they were selling lobsters or shrimp or some sort of crustacean. I tried to find it but I couldn't, I think it may have been on another board. At the time I was considering the merits of having panspermia in my personal universe, a decision prompted by the fact that I had a humanoid (genetically modified chimps actually, I think) race which spread over a number of planets and then collapsed into isolated primitive races, something that I thought might not work very well in a universe where most biochemistries were incompatible. This then led me to thinking about what sort of cuisine the chimp-humans might develop based on eating weird alien creatures, and when I saw the picture it occured to me that those lobsters or whatever looked like they could have been some weird alien sea animal, and with a little imagination this could be a scene from one of those worlds. I don't know, but it might be the source of the weird alien crustaceanoid theme.
Participate in my hard SF worldbuilding project: The Known Galaxy. Come to our message board and experience my unique brand of terribleness!

"One is respected and judged only as a human being. It is an appalling experience."
Ursula K. Le Guin, The Left Hand of Darkness.

"Open your mind and hear what your heart wants to deny."
Samuel Anders, nBSG, Daybreak, Part 2.
Booted Vulture

Post by Booted Vulture »

My dream this morning was pretty interesting. It involved the Robert Downey jnr/jude law version of sherlock homles/dr watson. Anyway for some reason our tales starts off with Watson conning a shopkeeper into giving him a free packet of cherry bakewells but then morphs into them trying to stop the birth of the antichrist. Watson suceeds in doing this by empty his revolver into the potential anti-christ mother's chest, reloading it and shooting her some more. (No just emptying the gun into her the first time wasn't enough)

Apparently the dream has a bit of time skip here and we're now on a train, with Holmes congratulating Watson on saving the day so well. Also evidently Watson was hurt stopping the antichrist because he know has a phantom of the opera syle mask over oneside of his face. They got the restaurant carriage and settle down to have a meal when ANOTHER Holmes crashes through the big glass doors, and tells Watson is an idiot and the first Holmes is a fake and disguised member of the anti-christ cult. Watson pulls out his trusty revolver and looks like he's going to shoot the new (real) Holmes but at the last second suddenly shifts his aim and blast the original (fake) holmes. Cue credits. Or rather... that's when I woke up.
Somes J

Post by Somes J »

Here's a weird and delightfully creepy one I just had. I think this might just be interesting fodder for creative writing so I'm getting up and posting it now, at 5:49 AM as the brightening dawn light comes through the window, so I record it when the memory is as fresh as possible in my mind.

My dreams often take the format of me watching a movie or TV in the dream. This was a Star Trek dream.

It was a TOS (original series) episode. There was some other stuff, I forget what, and then there was this flashback to Kirk's early career, back when he'd just started out as Captain. I don't know whether he was commanding the Enterprise or some other, smaller and less impressive ship; I kind of had the latter impression, but on the other hand I think Spock might have been there as the science officer. This may be completely inconsistent with his canon backstory but this was a dream, let's just roll with it.

His ship had arrived in orbit of this nearly dead planet. I had the impression of a dying desert world, perhaps with all the water collected into one small body. There were signs of habitation on the planet, and the science officer (he might have sounded like Spock) said that it appeared the inhabitants were living off dead bodies of the planet's past inhabitants that were in this lake that they lived next to. I had the impression there'd been some sort of collapse or decline on the planet, and the present inhabitants were living off vast numbers of corpses of the inhabitants of the planet in its better days that were floating in this lake.

Kirk heads an away team down to the planet. I don't have a clear picture of the surroundings but it's early morning, before sunrise, the sky is brightening purple and cloudless, and I think it might be a flat plain with some rock pinnacle-like things around. There's some sort of crude and poor encampment, maybe a big low tent or something. I get the impression the human explorers came too late; the tiny, dwindling colony on the planet turned out to already all have died. I'm not absolutely sure of that, we never know the details of what happened - more on that in a minute. Whatever the details, what happens next testifies eloquently that something truly terrible has happened or is happening here.

Kirk goes and pokes his head into the tent (or vaguely tentlike structure, whatever), and this voice over comes on saying it only took one moment... And then Kirk gives this really horrible scream and gets his head back out the tent and looks the other way, out at the desert, turning his back in disgust and horror at whatever he saw inside.

We never find out what he saw, but I had the impression this was supposed to be some sort of significant, maybe formative, event in Kirk's past.

Whatever it was Kirk saw in that tent (or whatever), from his reaction I was sure I was better off not seeing whatever inspired that scream of his and the horror and disgust that was clearly behind it. Whatever it was he saw in there clearly scarred him and would haunt him for years afterward, maybe for the rest of his life. Whatever it was, it must have been something truly grotesque.

Creepy.

I can't help wondering and speculating what it might have been that he saw in that tent. In the dream, I made the obvious link with the ghoulish feeding habits the colony had adopted to survive. My first thought was he saw something related to that, but looking back on it I don't think it could have been that simple. Something like that wouldn't have freaked out Kirk in that way. Kirk was no provincial small town boy uncomfortable with the possibilities of alien ways of living, he knew the universe could easily harbor plenty of weird and disturbing stuff. There are plenty of animals on Earth that eat dead stuff, and cultures that practice cannibalism, and hey people want to live and it's apparently the only sufficient biomass available. Kirk would have been too cosmopolitan to have such a reaction to something as simple as people with exotic feeding habits; even as an inexperienced Starfleet Captain he would have had too strong a stomach and too high an awareness of and tolerance for alien possibilities to be so freaked out by something like that. Still, a connection to the colony's desperate state is impossible to dismiss, both logically and certainly dramatically. Trapped on their hostile dying world, to what dubious, even repugnant survival strategies might the colonists have turned to? To what level of degredation might they finally have sunk in their last extremity of desperation?

I could speculate. I can imagine all sorts of macabre and gruesome possibilities. People living among the filth of corpses, perhaps genetically altered into some scavenger form designed to thrive on raw long-dead flesh in some desperate act of adaptationism, their immune systems boosted to allow them to survive the filth in which they lived, turning the corpses into furniture and decoration. A religion involving strange rituals of human sacrifice and/or necrophilia that the away team may have arrived in the middle of. A handful of insane survivors turned finally to eating their own brethren, maybe eeking out some miserable delayed death amid the corpses of their murdered fellows, or keeping them like livestock. Or perhaps instead the last survivors snapped and retreated into some fantasy world in which their dead fellows were still alive, still living with the rotting or skeletized or mummified corpses and acting as if they were living people. But maybe the mystery is better. Maybe it's better to leave it unknown, let the viewer or reader's mind draw their own images of whatever nadir of degredation and horror the failing colony might have sunk to. Let them imagine whatever possibility scares or disgusts or disturbs them the most (funny enough, it's only now that it occurs to me one of the reasons why this approach might work so well with horror: it lets the reader/viewer design their own, optimized to whatever scares or squicks them the most, which is different for different people). Let their minds shrink from the mere contemplation of it, as mine was tempted to do, preferring to leave well enough alone; to leave it at the knowledge that whatever it was it turned the stomach of a man who probably has a much stronger stomach than them.

Anyway, even as I was dreaming the idea that this might be possible inspiration for my hard SF uni was playing in my mind. In there I have an ancient humanoid culture (actually heavily modified chimps, but they closely resemble humans) that were patronized by a vanished alien civilization and spread to a number of worlds using slowboats (it's hard SF so there's no FTL) and then experienced some kind of crash, mostly knocking them back to primitive levels of technology. Basically, I wanted some Forehead Aliens and wanted to come up with some believable and somewhat original and interesting backstory to explain them. This world would fit well as one of their colonies. And the whole thing is definitely delightfully creepy and just begging to be adapted into a story of some kind...

But the whole thing about living off ancient dead bodies in a lake ... I mean that's ridiculous, right? Maybe in a scientifically ludicrous cheesefest like Star Trek TOS it might pass, but no way it could happen in a hard SF universe where I like to pretentiously talk about how it's all scientifically possible, right?

Well, maybe, just maybe, it might work. I mean, the right wet environments will preserve dead bodies - that's how pickling works. Maybe the water of the lake is very salty, to the point that it basically nothing can survive in it and it inhibits decomposition. That would work with the dying desert planet idea - it's sort of like the Dead Sea! Oh man, even that comparison is hilariously inadvertently macabre and appropriate ... get it, the Dead Sea! Maybe some strange twists of alien biology and geology and hydrology have turned it into a kind of natural pickle juice. I don't know, but I'm fairly confident I could find some way to rationalize it.

So in the early days, when the colonists have more technology available to them, they threw their dead bodies into the lake for some reason. I don't know why. Heck, maybe they buried most of them and the later generations already dug all those up before they went to the lake. But for whatever reason the colonists couldn't maintain their technology. In the end they reverted to a primitive state. But this world isn't friendly to such a culture. It's basically a giant totally sterile desert. Well, not totally sterile - something is presumably still making oxygen, small photosynthetic organisms in a remnant sea or something - but it doesn't have much in the way of food. The primitives were forced to resort to scavenging the preserved dead bodies as it was the only available biomass. Perhaps in their desperation they used the last of their technology to biologically modify themselves to be able to survive on this disgusting diet - one of the reasons I liked the Forehead Alien idea was I wanted to play with the idea of hominids adapted to extreme alien environments, so that would definitely fit nicely into the setting. But still, this only bought time (simple logic says living on a fixed supply of dead stuff isn't sustainable in the long-term), and in the end their numbers dwindled and they died out.

I had a vague idea for a humanoid colony that would fail and die out, leaving human explorers only to find the remnants of the tragedy ... yes, yes this would work nicely for that. Yes, I can use this. Heck, this is exactly the kind of thing I that's intended to be part of the fun of my setting; taking cheesy soft SF stuff and turning it into something viable for a hard SF setting.

The biggest issue (aside from possible feasibility factors with The Pickling Sea - oh man, I need to think up some appropriate in-universe name for it) is that it seems like a bit of a stretch that the colony just happens to die out just before human explorers come, after hanging on for thousands of years. That would be one hell of a coincidence - it just seems too convenient.

Hmm, given how barren and sterile the surface is a simple encampment there might be able to survive a really long time, provided it doesn't get covered by sand or blown away by a dust storm or something. Maybe it was much older and they just didn't realize it?

Alternately, just because this one community died out doesn't mean the entire planetary population did. There could be survivors elsewhere. The original dream implied the lake was still full of corpses, so there could definitely be other "fisher" communities (whatever wiped out this one I guess it wasn't running out of dead stuff to pull out of the lake). And there may be other groups that found other, more sustainable survival strategies. I had this vague idea for a barren desert world inhabited by nomadic tribes - I could easily merge that with this one. This might be a pretty interesting world. It does compromise the sense of horror and tragedy that I got from the original dream a bit though. In a way I sort of like the idea of having human explorers find a planet that's nothing but a giant graveyard of some group that failed to survive, that got screwed over by the hostile cosmos. If they'd just managed to hang on a little while longer they'd have been saved; saviors would have arrived from the stars, carrying the technology to deliver them from their deprivation. We could have saved them easily, and we would have, but they all died before we could get to them, maybe even as the relativistic ship was racing toward their world carrying the means of their salvation, maybe even as it spread its magsail to catch the interstellar wind and began its decelleration. Maybe if they'd had a big radio telescope the last survivors could have heard the howl of cyclotron radiation as the magsail hit the ISM at some significant fraction of c. Maybe if they could have heard that, and known what it meant, it would have inspired them to hang on a little longer; just a few more years or decades, after thousands of years of isolation help is finally on its way. But they didn't, and they all died, or maybe when the explorers arrived they found their race reduced to nothing but a handful of degraded and insane survivors; a cultural if not biological dead end. Man, that would suck.

Well, I'll have to work on it some more, but I think it's definitely useable.

Mang, and now it's 8:23. I don't think I'm going to get any more sleep. But it was worth it.
Participate in my hard SF worldbuilding project: The Known Galaxy. Come to our message board and experience my unique brand of terribleness!

"One is respected and judged only as a human being. It is an appalling experience."
Ursula K. Le Guin, The Left Hand of Darkness.

"Open your mind and hear what your heart wants to deny."
Samuel Anders, nBSG, Daybreak, Part 2.
The DS

Post by The DS »

I had a dream a few nights ago where I was on a stealthy infiltration mission in some sort of post-apocalyptic city... when I stumbled upon a giant orgy, which I promptly joined. :lol:

One-track mind?
Czernobog

Post by Czernobog »

I had a weird dream just last night.

My brain told me that it was a sequel to Philip Pullman's His Dark Materials series, only that it involved none of the characters and a whole lot of weirdness. There was a professor, telling his young daughter that his research had indicated that Jesus was an Atlantean (or whatever term you wish to concoct for 'citizen-of-a-city-that-sunk'), and then he showed her a model of Atlantis (or whatever it was) under the sea. He was facing censure from the Church (what Church it was I don't know) for his theories, which was at least somewhat similar to His Dark Materials. Then, it flash-backed into Atlantean-Jesus towing a sacred obelisk, with the help of his faithful dog, from the sinking city.

Then, the dream segued into me fighting three-foot snowman monsters (and a giant three-headed ice serpent) attacking a mansion. Said monsters could be defeated by jets of water, and jumping on them.
You have ruled this galaxy for ten thousand years.
You have little of account to show for your efforts.
Order. Unity. Obedience.
We taught the galaxy these things.

And we shall do so again.
Booted Vulture

Post by Booted Vulture »

Asians seem to have invaded my dreams recently. One time I ate burgers at what seem to be a shop speciallising in asian porn and 'massages' and another i seemed to have gone on a foreign exchange to Shroomz school (despite the fact neither of us are in school) and everyone seemed to be yelling at me in moonspeak as well. Bastards, the lot of them.

edit: Re-reading this thread is hella weird. I can barely remember that sherlock holmes dream anymore...
Magister Militum

Post by Magister Militum »

Booted Vulture wrote: One time I ate burgers at what seem to be a shop speciallising in asian porn and 'massages'
I don't know what's more amusing about that set-up: the fact that the 'massage parlor', with no concern for the secrecy of its other, less legitimate services, openly sells porn, or the fact that you can apparently get a burger there, as well. :)
Democratic Socialist | Atheist | Transhumanist | Bright Green Environmentalist | Worldbuilder | IT Professional |

Germania your game is through, now you're gonna answer to... The Freestates! Fuck Yeah! Now lick my balls and suck on my cock! Freestates, Fuck Yeah! Coming in to save the motherfuckin' day! Rock and roll, fuck yeah! Television, fuck yeah! DVDs, fuck yeah! Militums, fuck yeah! - Shroomy
Kingmaker

Post by Kingmaker »

Had a dream where I was in Office Depot with a 15% coupon. The Operative from Serenity was there on sales staff, trying to get me to buy something, but everything was too expensive until he spontaneously offered me a wii for $70. Then I woke up and was really excited for the minute it took me to realize it was a dream and I didn't really own a wii.

I also have recurring nightmares where I'm in some sort of military (it varies. So far I remember being in the British Army during operation overlord, the US army during the push into Normandy, and in the National Guard in Iraq, plus a whole bunch where it wasn't clear or I forgot.) and I invariably end up getting killed by a guy with a flamethrower.
When the Cambrian measures were forming, They promised perpetual peace.
They swore, if we gave them our weapons, that the wars of the tribes would cease.
But when we disarmed They sold us and delivered us bound to our foe,
And the Gods of the Copybook Heading said: "Stick to the Devil you know."
-Rudyard Kipling