Operation: LIQUID PHALANX

Post by Mobius 1 »

Total Extinction
Operation: LIQUID PHALANX

Description:
Interplanetary Space Allied Forces ALPHA PRIORITY TRANSMISSION 04678Z-97

Encryption Code: Red
Public Key: file /alpha-zulu-charlie-seven/
From: Admiral Jonas Gibson, Commanding Fleet Officer of Mars' Navy, FLEETCOM Sector One Commander/ (ISAF Service Number 00923-11672-HS)
To: All ISN Commanding Officers
Subject: NAVAL OFFENSIVE
Classification: SECRET (BGX Directive)

/start file/

New Wales' Orbital Autolaser platforms are still undergoing rapid construction and augmentation. As of this moment, only six Orbital platforms are operational, with fourteen more to arrive in Wales' orbit, and ten in lunar orbit. ETA to completion is three months. Needless to say, the Ark juggernaut will plow through us faster than they did the sailors of New California if they were to arrive within days.

Mars and the Admirality have finally determined the time and place for a major offensive against the Ark Armada with its main purpose being to buy Mars the time it needs.

To give a brief overview, all commanding officers of any registered ISN ships are to make their ships battle-ready within six days, and make ready for a slipstream journey to the edge of the Spazzer Comet Belt. Once at the threshold, we will proceed via normal space into the Spazzer Belt, and take up assigned positions. The rendezvous is bearing 279.086 degrees, declination 15.673 degrees, and is designated rally point TANGO, because that is exactly what we are going to do.

The boys down in ONI Section I are up to their necks in establishing morale and unity throughout the Primary Worlds…let's give them something gen-u-ine to talk about.

After the six days of getting your ships battle ready, there is a mandatory conference for all ISN Commanding Officers in the Birch Memorial Conference Center, down the Maple Hall. Grand Admiral Katherine Mccorl and I will elaborate on the mission even further. Just make sure your ships are battle-ready by the time we convene.

I'm sure many of you feel that leaving New Wales is the last thing we need to do, what with leaving the trillions of civilians all vulnerable to attack...but there's only one difference with this battle, as opposed to the thousands of others we have fought; we have something the Ark will want. And they will engage a distant ISN contingent force to get it. And that means, ladies and gentlemen, we are sailing with marines…

More at the conference...3 days after, we start the mission.

Admiral Jonas Gibson

/end file/

Description:
Interplanetary Space Allied Forces ALPHA PRIORITY TRANSMISSION 04678Z-98

From: Admiral Jonas Gibson, Commanding Fleet Officer of Mars' Navy, FLEETCOM Sector One Commander/ (ISAF Service Number 00923-11672-HS)
Subject: DEPLOYMENT

/start file/

The number of operational orbital platforms is now up to 13. However, seven of those have yet to receive the necessary augmentations, including more efficient Welling capacitors for quick charge-and-fire. Our current crystals allow the cannons to only fire at intervals of 10 seconds, still leaving the groundside generators quite vulnerable to attack. Time is of the essence.

All ISAF personnel must make final checks at their stations, and prepare for immediate slipstream transit.

We will bring our ships to bearing 279.086, declination 15.673 degrees, and then engage a simultaneous slipstream jump to Waypoint 1A on that bearing. From Waypoint 1A comes the treacherous trip via normal space to rally point TANGO which will be performed by shipboard A.I.s so as to minimize debris.

Godspeed,

Admiral Jonas Gibson

/end file/

PLNB Priority Transmission XX087R-XX
Encryption Code: GAMMA
To: CODENAME: ALICHINO
Subject: PROGRESS REPORT: OPERATION WEBWORKS
Classification: EYES ONLY TOP SECRET (SECTION I X-RAY DIRECTIVE)

/file extraction-reconstitution complete/ /start file/

Virgil's battle-net is secure. Confirm he is integrated with the flagship, Reclaimer.

We also brought out Project HELIOS…it's about time the Ark get a taste of antimatter at its best.

/end file/ /scramble-destruction progress enabled/

Description:
Interplanetary Space Allied Forces NARROWBAND FREQUENCY COMMUNICATION (PRIVATE CHANNEL:8965-SS)

To: Shadow Unit (Bunker 32)

From: Staff Sgt. Vincent Aldair (ISAF Service Number 00727-85438-HS)

/begin transmission/

Well look at this pathetic wax museum. Here I am, wide awake at 0200 hours on a lovely day in the distant reaches of our solar system…and you are all in bed, barely alive, still sucking on your pacifiers. Well I am here to tell you to get your rear ends out of bed, or your alarm clock is going to have a new caliber!!

Word came from the leatherneck brass that we're to begin patrols onboard all vessels at 0300. There's a lot of stations onboard this ship that need to be guarded like hell. Now this mission came with the risk of the boarding action, but assuming you load your rifles with 7mm rounds, and not colorful foam missiles, we should repel any Nahks that try and make their way in.

Report to any ship terminal by 0300 hours for patrol orders, for that's how I'll be communicating with you from now on…anyone who doesn't show up by that time will be swabbin’ the deck in front of the naval officers.

/end transmission/

Description:
Mission Time: +13 hours

Interplanetary Space Allied Forces ALPHA PRIORITY TRANSMISSION 04678Z-99

Subject: STRATEGY

/start file/

Congratulations to all of you for navigating the Spazzer Belt's treacherous and icy debris with great precision. With the exception of some minimal scrapes and scars to the destroyer, Trident, all ships have reported making it to rally point TANGO fully intact. Never before has this large an ISN fleet en-massed within such a hazardous debris field; not even within Mars' local asteroid belt.

Let's review what was discussed at the briefing. For the sake of the Orbital Platforms, we have erected a killzone for the Ark's expeditionary navy to buy New Wales the time it needs to get the Autolasers online and fully operational. That complemented with the groundside Global Guard trying to get the generators' defenses online, is why we are here. Those cannons are unreliable, faulty, and more outdated than the ones at New California, so if the Ark comes to Mars, we will get walked over. However, for the first time in the history of the ISAF, we have the advantage.

Operation LIQUID PHALANX centers around the A.I. onboard this command ship. He has yet to fully integrate with the numerous sensors erected within the killzone's debris by the stealth ships that were here weeks prior, but he will have by the time the mission begins. The sensors allow for the A.I. to see beyond the debris, make trillions of combat calculations in a short period of time, and link together…well there's a reason this killzone has been dubbed the INFERNO.

You've all been briefed on what this A.I. is capable of, so I won't go into the details. Besides, intelligence would have my head on a silver platter if I talked too much. Just be ready to accept the primary encrypted command when I give the word to 'ignite the fuel'.

All ships have been transmitted their coordinates for station keeping within the debris zone. They are sporadic coordinates within the INFERNO, where all ships appear to be operating relatively alone. It is not customary for us to break the conservative wolf-pack formations we have battled Ark ships with for years, but I promise you, Virgil is the entity that will link all ships together.

Mission begins in 9 hours at 1130 synchronized time. Conduct simulated firing tests for all your weapons, and calibrate your systems as necessary.

I have also read your private transmissions, and I insist that you spare no doubt on the effectiveness of the bait. Just remember the will of their gods is the reason they started this damn war.

Admiral Jonas Gibson

/end file/

Description:
ISN Reclaimer: Network Terminal (Public Access Code: 7573) ***INCOMING MESSAGE FROM STAFF SGT. Vincent Aldair ***

/start message/

You got to the terminal ten seconds before 0300 hours. That somehow means you're one of the punctual few.

Well marine, it doesn't get more basic than basic itself. You're assigned to guarding the main entrance to the fusion core, 200 meters aft of this very terminal. I know it's a backwater shift for someone who wants to be at the forefront of the fighting…and I know you want to…but it's also one of the most important posts.

Link up with the other 3 platoons of marines, including one platoon from the 105th, that are stationed near the generator. But get your gear before you move out. Since the area near the entrance is narrow as hell, your weps locker has been stocked with an M20 Shotgun, and your standard MX for possible close-quarters combat. You'll also have enough ammo to bring down an elephant…twice.

Keep in mind that in several hours, the big black is going to get awfully hot, and we're the last line of defense. How's that for empowering?

Alright…stop standing there, thinking about what a handsome man I am! We got a war to win, soldier! Haul out!

/end message/

Description:
Interplanetary Space Allied Forces ALPHA PRIORITY TRANSMISSION 04679Z-01

To: All ISN Vessels
Subject: ARK TRANSMISSION DISPATCHED

/start file/

As of 1130 hours, standard Earth time, all ISN vessels are ordered to maximum alert. Override the safeties for the F.A.F. missile pods, charge the magnetic coils, and arm Bearclaws via onboard-encrypted codes.

All Spartan-class cruisers are ordered to open private channel 1A to receive codes to prime HELIOS antimatter nuclear warheads.

Long-range scan picked up a crescent formation of five Valkyrie battle cruisers operating at the barrier of the Spazzer Belt. No doubt they have received the bait.

When the first Ark vessel is in clear range of sensors, all commanders are ordered to accept the encrypted code KING MINOS WELCOMES YOU, which will allow all shipboard A.I.s to work with Virgil.

This is it people. Spare your adrenaline for the party we're having afterwards. Good luck.

Admiral Jonas Gibson

/end file/

Description:
***INCOMING BROADBAND FREQUENCY COMMUNICATION***
To: ISN Reclaimer

/start file/

Your challenge echoes throughout the heavens,
And it is spearheaded by the Gods' gift to us.
Your ignorance as a heathen collective, knows no bounds,
But your pathetic lives are another story.

/end file/

WARNING: SOURCE OF TRANSMISSION CANNOT BE DETERMINED

Interplanetary Space Allied Forces ALPHA PRIORITY TRANSMISSION 04679Z-02

Encryption Code: Black
To: All ISN Vessels
Subject: VIRGIL

/start command/

KING MINOS WELCOMES YOU

/end command/

Press ENTER to acknowledge

Description:
ISN Reclaimer Bridge Console (Transmission Source 347A-Memory Core)
To: Admiral Jonas Gibson, Commanding Fleet Officer of Mars' Navy, FLEETCOM Sector One Commander/ (ISAF Service Number 00923-11672-HS)
Subject: UNLEASHING HELL

/start file/

After doing 163,422 theoretical tests of linking together all aspects of Operation: LIQUID PHALANX, I knew my first attempt at the actual system link was going to be a success, given the other 163,422 tests performed without so much as a logarithmic glitch.

I have established encrypted links with the sensors installed throughout the Spazzer Belt debris, and have begun feeding the fleet's A.I.s with optimized tactics and strategy based on the data. It's only a slight burden for me to monitor ship velocities, record Autolaser charges, tally fleet munitions, receive and analyze data from shipboard A.I.s, scramble remote linked Fighters, listen in on private Ark channels, analyze enemy ships' tactics, send optimized firing solutions to every weapons system in the fleet, and monitor the vital systems onboard the Reclaimer…don't worry, I still have time to read. A few words to keep your spirits up, Admiral:

…So stand
And overcome your panting-with the soul,
Which wins all battles if it does not despond
Under its heavy body's weight.

-Canto XXIV (52-55)

Sure I didn't write it, but I take credit for saying it.

Sorry Admiral, but as per the Admirality council's instructions, it's time to pass on the reigns of tactical command. As of 1240 hours standard military time, I am assuming command of the operations within the INFERNO at the naval rank equivalent of Vice Admiral. Priority Beta Command: crack Ark systems for information on lost operative. Priority Alpha Command: destroy or disable the Ark fleet.

Ah…thermal/electromagnetic signatures on sensor 54 indicate a lone Ark destroyer. Relaying coordinates to nearest ISN vessel and Fighter contingents with optimized firing solution and waypoints for nuclear missiles. Sending orders to ship commanders for passive launch, then I can steer the weapons via sideboard thrusters. Once within 25,000 km, weapons will go hot and incinerate the target. After that, I will pass on orders to the vessel to relocate for another strike.

Admiral…I feel guilty turning you, one of Mccorl's best commanders and a hero in the New Texas campaign, into an advisor…and spectator. I will provide you with only priority alpha and priority beta updates as per your request.

Ciao.

/end file/

Description:
***LIVE FEED COMBAT TRAFFIC. DIRECTING ALL MESSAGES FOR ISAF RECLAIMER TO VESSEL’S SPEAKER SYSTEM***

Encryption Code: Rainbow.
From: Commander Robert Stash, Commanding Officer of ISN Masamune/ (ISAF Service Number 00657-80932-HS)
To: Admiral Jonas Gibson, Commanding Fleet Officer of Mars' Navy, FLEETCOM Sector One Commander/ (UNSC Service Number 00923-11672-HS)
Subject: F.A.F.'s AND CSK WARHEADS DEPLETED

/start transmission/

Stash to Reclaimer, weapon pods are exhausted and we have Juet'lak fighters doing bombing runs on our hull. The 50mms are engaging targets nearly point blank…they're just too fast for us. We’re approaching the eastern edge of the INFERNO at flank speed, and request Fighter support.

Power core is down to 30%. Hull breaches in engineering make repair of the reactor even more strenuous. Awaiting orders.

Commander Robert Stash

/end transmission/

***RELAYING COMMANDS AND CYCLING TRANSMISSION SOURCE***

From: Captain Jake Valparaiso, Commanding Officer of ISN Dray Michae/ (ISAF Service Number 00274-99798-HS)
To: Admiral Jonas Gibson, Commanding Fleet Officer of Mars' Navy, FLEETCOM Sector One Commander/ (ISAF Service Number 00923-11672-HS)
Subject: HELIOS

/start transmission/

Confirming a firing solution on Ark carrier task force, bearing 138 degrees and accelerating away. The bastard even thinks he can hide behind the ice -TRANSMISSION INTERRUPTED- weapon is away. Coming to bearing 320 at flank power. Orders?

Captain Jake Valparaiso

/end transmission/

From: Commander Diane Benelli, Commanding Officer of ISN Kestrell (ISAF Service Number 00509-88532-HS)
Subject: BOARDING PARTIES

/start transmission/

Marines from the 34th neutralized an Ark stealth unit inside the reactor room. Enemy sabotaged our cooling mechanisms, and now we are running on auxiliary power. ETA to power core failure, 25 minutes. More enemy dropships inbound. Request support from any squadrons that are packing and hot, Reclaimer.

Commander Diane Benelli

/end transmission/

/start transmission/

You taunt our proud warriors
With the blessed relic of the gods
We shall taunt your kind
With the heads of your cursed kin

/end transmission/

***BLOCKING FREQUENCY AND CYCLING TRANSMISSION SOURCE***

From: Lieutenant Commander Marcus Steinbeck, T-Wing Pilot and Commander of VFA-57/ (ISAF Service Number 00329-61875-HS)

/start transmission/

MAYDAY MAYDAY! Engine two has sustained critical damage and I can't regain control of the craft. Damnit, 'Laks swarming all around me! -STATIC- I'M ON A COLLISION COURSE WITH THE DEBRIS! I'm ordering the squadron to high-tail it back to the Reclaimer. Be advised, dozens of dropships are on approach vectors to your--STATIC- AHHHHH -SIGNAL LOST-

/end transmission/

***WARNING: UNABLE TO REASCERTAIN TRANSMISSION SOURCE***

From: Captain Gerald Myers, Commanding Officer of ISN Apollo/ (ISAF Service Number 00115-17423-HS)
Subject: SUCCESSFUL STRIKE

/start transmission/

As per instructions, we detonated a HELIOS right in the middle of the debris cluster. Sure enough, the debris's 'shrapnel' is doing hell to their slipstream jumps. The initial blast vaporized five destroyers, and the rocks and ice are pounding the cruisers' shields nearby.

Command, I'm feeling kind of gung-ho now…permission to engage remaining opponents. The Autolasers are hot, and so am I.

Captain Gerald Myers

/end transmission/

From: Lieutenant Nick Staros, BAM Pilot in VFA-32/ (ISAF Service Number 00781-33799-HS)
To: Admiral Jonas Gibson, Commanding Fleet Officer of Mars' Fleet, FLEETCOM Sector One Commander/ (ISAF Service Number 00923-11672-HS)

/start transmission/

Reclaimer, we're coming in hot! -STATIC- Haha, who's your daddy now?! Enemy fighters annihi- -SIGNAL LOST-

/end transmission/

/start transmission/

We shall have the holy item in our hands
Dare you test the stars and their makers
You will burn in the fires of shame
You will wade in the waters of despair

What you have begun in the days of old
We shall end with an unstoppable crusade
For your place in this universe-
-SIGNAL LOST-

/end transmission/

***NEW ENCRYPTION ROUTED TO SPEAKER SYSTEM***

/start transmission/

Admiral, I think we have visitors in the docking bays. I just ordered the marine commandant to combat alert. Getting to this bridge, let alone getting on this ship, is going to be like swimming across Styx and Phlegethon…naked.

Needless to say, we are quite safe up here.

Continuing my scans for a viable candidate…there are three, disabled Ark frigates sporadically spaced within the INFERNO. I will conduct my search in each one of them.

Virgil

/end transmission/
SHADOW TEMPEST BLACK || STB2: MIDNIGHT PARADOX
The day our skys fe||, the heavens split to create new skies.