Universal Constants Soundtrack

Artemis
Global Mod

Universal Constants Soundtrack

Post by Artemis »

For your listening pleasure.

Track List:

1. Across the Universe - Originally composed by John Lennon, performed by the Riga Recording Studio Orchestra
2. Magic Carpet Ride - Steppenwolf
3. Space Lord - Monster Magnet
4. Helter Skelter - Originally composed by The Beatles, performed by Dana Fuchs
5. When Worlds Collide - Powerman 5000
6. Machinehead - Bush
7. Do You Realize?? - The Flaming Lips
8. Highwayman - Originally composed by Jimmy Webb, performed by Waylon Jennings, Willie Nelson, Kris Kristofferson and Johnny Cash
9. Fly Me to the Moon - Originally composed by Bart Howard, performed by The Laurie Berkner Band
"The universe's most essential beauty is its endlessness. There is room and resources enough for all of us. Whether there is room for all of our passions is the question, and the problem that we work tirelessly to find a solution to."

-Qhameio Allir Nlafahn, Commonwealth ambassador, during the signing of the Kriolon Treaty.
Mobius 1
Global Mod

Re: Universal Constants Soundtrack

Post by Mobius 1 »

That's hella awesome. How did you set that up?
SHADOW TEMPEST BLACK || STB2: MIDNIGHT PARADOX
The day our skys fe||, the heavens split to create new skies.
Siege
Site Admin

Post by Siege »

Oho, you have "Highwayman"? That by itself earns you +10 awesome points. I have to admit though that I don't really understand why you put Dana Fuchs' rendition of Helter Skelter up there. I like it, don't get me wrong, but it just strikes me as too electric if you've also got John Lennon and Waylon Jennings on your soundtrack.

Also, where did Sinatra go? Didn't old Frank used to sing "fly me to the moon" on this soundtrack?

I gotta say though, if there's one song I can recommend it's gotta be "12 moons" by Rob Lamothe, which strikes me as pretty much the perfect Universal Constants soundtrack song...
"Nick Fury. Old-school cold warrior. The original black ops hardcase. Long before I stepped off a C-130 at Da Nang, Fury and his team had set fire to half of Asia." - Frank Castle

For, now De Ruyter's topsails
Off naked Chatham show,
We dare not meet him with our fleet -
And this the Dutchmen know!
Artemis
Global Mod

Post by Artemis »

That's hella awesome. How did you set that up?
8tracks is a really nice site for putting up mixes and soundtracks. I've been poking around at it for a while now.
I have to admit though that I don't really understand why you put Dana Fuchs' rendition of Helter Skelter up there.
That's gonna be explained a little bit more in the telling of the T-K War, but basically the story is that during the Avalon Theatre, a particularly scary band of U.N. air cav pilots would blare "Helter Skelter" from their speakers during strafing runs and rocket strikes. Little to their knowledge, the word Helterskelt is Continental Klashish for, essentially, Armageddon. This is one of those Universal Constants for which the universe is named. At the end of the war, when the Commonwealth threatened to Spirit Jericho the fuck out of Reshcalm, it looked a lot like Helterskelt to most religiously-inclined Klashnoi. Ever since, the song has become for the T-K War what, say, Ride of the Valkyries was for Vietnam. I picked the Dana Fuchs version because I'm kind of in love with that woman's voice.
Also, where did Sinatra go? Didn't old Frank used to sing "fly me to the moon" on this soundtrack?
Unfortunately, I don't have Old Blue Eyes' version on my computer anymore (8tracks works by uploading music you already own). I really like the Laurie Berkner version, and I'd like to keep it even if I do re-acquire the Sinatra version - there's room for more than one version of Fly Me to the Moon, as that song was a huge part of what inspired me to write Universal Constants.
I gotta say though, if there's one song I can recommend it's gotta be "12 moons" by Rob Lamothe, which strikes me as pretty much the perfect Universal Constants soundtrack song...
You don't say... I may have to look into that! I also need to re-track down My Culture, as I rather liked that tune.
"The universe's most essential beauty is its endlessness. There is room and resources enough for all of us. Whether there is room for all of our passions is the question, and the problem that we work tirelessly to find a solution to."

-Qhameio Allir Nlafahn, Commonwealth ambassador, during the signing of the Kriolon Treaty.
Artemis
Global Mod

Post by Artemis »

Recently did an overhaul of the UC soundtrack, adding a few more fun songs and moving others out that I felt were too limited in their scope of the universe.

Universal Constants Soundtrack 2.3

1. Across the Universe - Originally composed by John Lennon, performed by the Riga Recording Studio Orchestra
2. Magic Carpet Ride - Steppenwolf
3. Space Lord - Monster Magnet
4. When Worlds Collide - Powerman 5000
5. Space Truckin' - Deep Purple
6. Machinehead - Bush
7. 12 Moons - Rob Lamonthe*
8. Many Moons - Janelle Monae, remixed by Trackademicks
9. Shanty for the Arethusa - Decembrists
10. Caravan of Love - Housemartins, cover by The Tributes
11. Do You Realize?? - The Flaming Lips
12. Tonight, Tonight - Smashing Pumpkins
13. Highwayman - Originally composed by Jimmy Webb, performed by Waylon Jennings, Willie Nelson, Kris Kristofferson and Johnny Cash
14. Fly Me to the Moon - Originally composed by Bart Howard, performed by The Laurie Berkner Band

Currently trying to build more specific soundtracks for particular elements of the setting. The two priorities right now are the T-K War and something I'm calling Nova City Nights. Should be up relatively shortly.

*Many thanks to Siege for suggesting and then gifting me with this tune.