Random Ideas (Input Requested!)

High tech intrigue and Cold War
Siege
Site Admin

Re: Random Ideas (Input Requested!)

Post by Siege »

"We're not quite sure what happened to Las Vegas. We know some people made it out of ground zero of the event. We know we sent some people in that never came back, or when they did - well let's just say no-one came back and leave it at that. It helps me sleep at night. We tried other ways too: drones, satellites, long sticks with camera's taped to 'em. The results are... unconclusive. The city is there, but not quite. Sometimes we recognize landmarks - the Strip, the Bellagio, Vegas Vic. Sometimes all you get is this... blur, like a broken reflection of what is supposed to be there. And sometimes we see things that we know aren't supposed to be there. Primal things. Colossal things. Singularly unpleasant to look at things. It doens't help to take pictures, because photographs change just as the city does. We've quarantined it, everything from Death Valley to the Canyon. Nothing in, nothing out unless you've got orders from the President. Hey, it worked for the Soviets at Chernobyl and Arkadeva-Sarov, right?"

"Nick Fury. Old-school cold warrior. The original black ops hardcase. Long before I stepped off a C-130 at Da Nang, Fury and his team had set fire to half of Asia." - Frank Castle

For, now De Ruyter's topsails
Off naked Chatham show,
We dare not meet him with our fleet -
And this the Dutchmen know!
Heretic

Post by Heretic »

Okay that gave me the creeps. The vague description and picture helps the imagination too.
Computers are like Old Testament gods; lots of rules and no mercy.
-Joseph Campbell
Shroom Man 777
Global Mod

Post by Shroom Man 777 »

"Sometimes Shroomy I wonder if your imagination actually counts as some sort of war crime." - FROD
Siege
Site Admin

Post by Siege »

"I don't know where your monsters come from. Scary answer, niewaar? You must be pretty scared. Enough that you'd send a squad of soldiers through the window of my daughter's room with their special rifles set to 'vaporize'. Scared the fokking bliksem out of her, you did. I wonder what went through your skull when you sanctioned that. 'I've got a monster problem, bring in the mutant weirdo and make her talk'? Colonel, I could mistake you for an Afrikaner. You're dull and bigoted enough to be one.

Alle grappies op 'n stokkie, even we lab experiments have rights. Nobody asked me if I wanted to be put together. Nobody asked if I'd like to be volunteered for endless war. Nobody ever asks me a damn thing, and let me tell you, I'm pretty over it. I'm trying to fit in. Live a life. Be normal. How am I going to explain combat vehicles rushing my house in the dead of night to my neighbours? Where the fuck is my daughter? How about you let me out of this room before I decide to go a few rounds against you and every other mal fok on this fokken base?"
"Nick Fury. Old-school cold warrior. The original black ops hardcase. Long before I stepped off a C-130 at Da Nang, Fury and his team had set fire to half of Asia." - Frank Castle

For, now De Ruyter's topsails
Off naked Chatham show,
We dare not meet him with our fleet -
And this the Dutchmen know!