THE MUZEEK THREAD!

For the talkin' of jibba jabba.
Siege
Site Admin

Re: THE MUZEEK THREAD!

Post by Siege »

As earlier entries in this thread will show I am a sucker for pretty girls with pretty voices playing pretty instruments (Brandy Carlile, Anna Ternheim, etc.) and to my great joy I've discovered another one! From France comes Coeur de Pirate (heart of the pirate, for the pitiful non-francophiles among us). Behold the pretty:

Incidentally that video is just about the most outrageously French thing I can imagine that doesn't involve wine, the Eiffel Tower, or the Marseillaise. And did I mention I'm a sucker for pretty girls with tattoos running up and down their arms?

Hell yes.
"Nick Fury. Old-school cold warrior. The original black ops hardcase. Long before I stepped off a C-130 at Da Nang, Fury and his team had set fire to half of Asia." - Frank Castle

For, now De Ruyter's topsails
Off naked Chatham show,
We dare not meet him with our fleet -
And this the Dutchmen know!
Siege
Site Admin

Post by Siege »

I think this is what all music videos would look like if Heretic made all music videos.

"Nick Fury. Old-school cold warrior. The original black ops hardcase. Long before I stepped off a C-130 at Da Nang, Fury and his team had set fire to half of Asia." - Frank Castle

Off naked Chatham show,
Heretic

Post by Heretic »

Man, the ridiculous plot and over-the-top cheese characters does suit me. But chicks? I realized I need chicks. Man, the song gave me the gigglez, while the beginning just outright killed me.

President: You're our only hope.

*President places phone back*

President: We're screwed.

:lol:
Computers are like Old Testament gods; lots of rules and no mercy.
-Joseph Campbell
Heretic

Post by Heretic »

When I'm not busy fighting Soviet commie bear brigades for the sake of AMERICA, I secretly listen to Russian memes.
-Joseph Campbell
Siege
Site Admin

Post by Siege »

All hail the glory of the Eastern Block.

Off naked Chatham show,
Artemis
Global Mod

Post by Artemis »

OH MY GOD. I thought I've cleansed that video from my consciousness forever!
"The universe's most essential beauty is its endlessness. There is room and resources enough for all of us. Whether there is room for all of our passions is the question, and the problem that we work tirelessly to find a solution to."

-Qhameio Allir Nlafahn, Commonwealth ambassador, during the signing of the Kriolon Treaty.
speaker-to-trolls

Post by speaker-to-trolls »

Going back to some Celtic nonsense, I actually generally prefer Heather Dale to Loreena McKennit (whose song version of The Highwayman I posted earlier) because, well, honestly I prefer songs where I can make out the words, and most of Ms McKennits songs, though undoubtedly beautiful, are a bit lacking in clarity. I also like the fact that most of Heather Dale's songs seem to be stories from myths or history in song format, which I generally like and think there should be more of.

This is probably my favourite song of hers, tell me it will not haunt you.

"Little monuments may be completed by their first architects, but great ones; true ones leave their copestones to posterity. God keep me from completing anything."
Heretic

Post by Heretic »

Siege, the song is very catchy, and the girl on the left is pretty hot. I wonder where are they from.

Troll, that was creepy. And lovely at the same time.

Just practicing my laconic typing.
-Joseph Campbell
Siege
Site Admin

Post by Siege »

I really like that song too. It's nice and clear and dreamy, which is much appreciated. Kinda reminds me of Sarah McLachlan too. Good to see they're making this kinda music outside the Home Isles too (Ms. Dale is, as it turns out, Canadian).

And now, for some old-fashioned rock-and-rollery:

What I love about Queen's older material is that it's just so clever. Not only is it catchy as hell, not only is Freddie Mercury one hell of an awesome (and charismatic) singer, but these songs are pretty damned complex when you listen to it -- completely unlike most modern rock music, which trends toward being flat as a nickel and simple as all hell. Not that there's necessarily anything wrong with that, mind you, but occasionally it's great to see weave together songs that are a bit more complex than three progressing chords, and Queen sure as hell fits the bill when it comes to that. And besides, isn't that just an excellently made videoclip?

Off naked Chatham show,
Invictus

Post by Invictus »

And now for something completely different:

And I mean it. The magnificent music video is put together out of one critically-panned film and several cult classics, some stock CGI and some stock art; the song itself is sung by a Japanese computer program and composed by some guy on the Internet.
"This explanation posits that external observation leads to the collapse of the quantum wave function. This is another expression of reactionary idealism, and it's indeed the most brazen expression."
-
REBUILD OF COMIX STAGE 1 - Rey Quirino Versus the Dark Heart of the Philippines
"...a literary atrocity against the senses..." - Ford

REBUILD OF COMIX STAGE 2 - Advent Rey Returns: REVERGELTUNG
Coming NEVER
Siege
Site Admin

Post by Siege »

This is probably my favourite song from my favourite 2010 album so far:

Slash and Ozzie. Hell yeah. Beat that for rock 'n' roll.

Off naked Chatham show,
Equiliari

Post by Equiliari »

This thread needs some Chris Cunningham:

Aphex Twin - Windowlicker

Aphex Twin - Come to Daddy

Björk - All is full of love
"What your eyes see and ears hear, the mind believes. But eyes and ears alike can be deceived, only the mind alone can know true reality".
Siege
Site Admin

Post by Siege »

I heard this song on the radio today... I'd forgotten all about it, but it's pretty excellent, in all its admitted cornyness :D.

Off naked Chatham show,
speaker-to-trolls

I was set to post some more depressing folk music, but I don't want to get too much of a reputation for being miserable and weird. So here's a science fiction-themed song about PTSD (I assume) based partly off the novels of Michael Moorecock, who my father once had described to him as a one way ticket to schizophrenia.
As you can see, I am an upbeat and entirely normal person :)
"Little monuments may be completed by their first architects, but great ones; true ones leave their copestones to posterity. God keep me from completing anything."
Siege
Site Admin

Post by Siege »

Love the 'stache on that singer dude :). The drum riff is pretty neat, but I'm not a very big fan of the synth-heavy sound they got going. I was all ready to post a 'meh' kind of review and then... four minute guitar solo! :D That turned my opinion right around: I now like this song quite a bit. Still not sure though if the last 1.5 minutes were really necessary, but hey, that's prog-rock for ya.

And now, to brighten the mood a bit...

:lol:

As you might be able to tell from my previous entry and this, I've been on a 80's/90's corny pop music bend. And come on, can you watch that and not smile a little? It's almost as terrible as Franky Goes To Hollywood!

Off naked Chatham show,
Siege
Site Admin

Post by Siege »

I think I've found a new catch phrase to use:

BARBRA STREISAND! I love this tune. It's damn catchy. And the video is excellent too.

Off naked Chatham show,
Invictus

Post by Invictus »

You know, My Chemical Romance is perfectly enjoyable as long as they keep pretending to be something else.

"This explanation posits that external observation leads to the collapse of the quantum wave function. This is another expression of reactionary idealism, and it's indeed the most brazen expression."
-

Coming NEVER
Siege
Site Admin

Post by Siege »

That is actually the first My Chemical Romance song I've ever heard that I rather like.

And now: Crack up that volume, this is Rob Dougan.

Off naked Chatham show,
speaker-to-trolls

The Matrix sequels may have sucked, by which I mean they did suck, may have implies there is some doubt about it, but they did have a pretty good soundtrack.

Back to acoustic nonsense from me, I think I'm developing a pattern in this thread, even if it's as broad as 'acoustic' and 'electric'. Probably not his best song but definitely one of, if not the most catchy.

Is Talk Like a Pirate Day coming up? Because that would give me some pretext for hoisting this song up.
Booted Vulture

Post by Booted Vulture »

OK starts off creepy and stalkery and then adds a physic defying robot spybot. What's not to love?
Ah Brother! It's been too long!
speaker-to-trolls

A few weeks ago my housemate got an album of Black Sabbath songs with Dio on vocals. This one stood out as being a bit more upbeat and less doomy than the others.

Siege
Site Admin

Post by Siege »

Am loving that electrofunk thing these guys got going.

Off naked Chatham show,
Heretic

Post by Heretic »

Believe it or not, this type of stuff is the second thing I listen to when I write those goofball stories. The first is METAL, TRUE AND FOREVER!
-Joseph Campbell
Invictus

Post by Invictus »

Some new Massive Attack for us all.

-

Coming NEVER
Artemis
Global Mod

Post by Artemis »

I'll see your Atlas, and raise you an Atom.

"The universe's most essential beauty is its endlessness. There is room and resources enough for all of us. Whether there is room for all of our passions is the question, and the problem that we work tirelessly to find a solution to."

-Qhameio Allir Nlafahn, Commonwealth ambassador, during the signing of the Kriolon Treaty.