THE MUZEEK THREAD!

For the talkin' of jibba jabba.
Siege
Site Admin

Re: THE MUZEEK THREAD!

Post by Siege »

And now, in the spirit of Christmas, I give you... A timeless classic, done by our real-world Cruella DeVille: Nina Hagen!

She's crazy as a bat but you gotta admit, she's got one hell of a voice...
"Nick Fury. Old-school cold warrior. The original black ops hardcase. Long before I stepped off a C-130 at Da Nang, Fury and his team had set fire to half of Asia." - Frank Castle

For, now De Ruyter's topsails
Off naked Chatham show,
We dare not meet him with our fleet -
And this the Dutchmen know!
Siege
Site Admin

Post by Siege »

This is probably the most beautiful thing I've heard in, well, practically forever. This lady's voice gives me goosebumps every time. First time I heard this... Well, I was totally blown away.

"Nick Fury. Old-school cold warrior. The original black ops hardcase. Long before I stepped off a C-130 at Da Nang, Fury and his team had set fire to half of Asia." - Frank Castle

Off naked Chatham show,
speaker-to-trolls

Post by speaker-to-trolls »

Jools Holland is good for nice vocals, for instance:

"Little monuments may be completed by their first architects, but great ones; true ones leave their copestones to posterity. God keep me from completing anything."
Siege
Site Admin

Post by Siege »

Yes

Off naked Chatham show,
Booted Vulture

Post by Booted Vulture »

I'm on an X-Men Evo kick...

Ah Brother! It's been too long!
speaker-to-trolls

Ah, X Men; Evolution that takes me back, I lost track of it before Toad did anything funky with Scarlet Witch, though... come to think of it before Scarlet Witch was in the show.

And it's again time for Trolls Posts Depressing Folk Music, this is one of my favourite pieces thereof.

I don't like a lot of these guys' music, there's a bit too much hoarse-voiced bellowing and there is something about most of the tunes I don't like. This one, though, is first of all slow and depressing instead of fast and boisterous, and second I think the lyrics are both moving and unexpected. The band is from Newfoundland, Canada, and I thought it interesting and surprisingly honest that in a song about the early history of their home the overwhelming sentiment is 'I hate this place, my God I wish I could go home,'

Also if you want cheering up after that one here is one of their more boisterous songs which I actually like, it will cheer you up after just about anything.
"Little monuments may be completed by their first architects, but great ones; true ones leave their copestones to posterity. God keep me from completing anything."
Siege
Site Admin

Post by Siege »

Papillon, papillon...

Off naked Chatham show,
Siege
Site Admin

Post by Siege »

This is without a doubt the greatest and most astonishing thing I've heard in the last two weeks.

Just listen to how the whole mashup comes together at the end! It's MAGNIFICENT! I can't believe I never heard this before!

Off naked Chatham show,
speaker-to-trolls

I think I notice the lyrics in songs more than most people, but even so I think anyone would have to admit that these lyrics kind of jump out and grab you by the throat. I wouldn't say it quite shocked me to hear this song, but it was certainly a hell of a surprise when I put all the words together.

Ladies and gentlemen, I give you, Christian rock

Siege
Site Admin

Post by Siege »

He never really got better than Poisooooooooon! if you ask me...

In the meantime, I caught this when I was watching Dark Blue last night, and it is excellent. I just love that piano tune in the emptiness:

Off naked Chatham show,
speaker-to-trolls

Siege wrote:He never really got better than Poisooooooooon! if you ask me...
Maybe not, but how obvious would it be to post that? Did you even know that Alice Cooper was still releasing new music that recently? Probably, I didn't though.

Anyway, now for what I call a taste of pure Fantasy Awesome Metal, because you can make up new genres of metal whenever and wherever you want, or so it seems.

I dare you not to headbang to this.
Siege
Site Admin

Post by Siege »

speaker-to-trolls wrote:Maybe not, but how obvious would it be to post that? Did you even know that Alice Cooper was still releasing new music that recently? Probably, I didn't though.
I did, but then I saw the guy on a festival last summer and there were tons of his merchandise going round :).

What I said about Poison being his best song is incidentally not altogether true either, 'cause really I think How You're Gonna See Me Now is better. It's not very Cooper, but that just makes it even better.

Anyway, now for what I call a taste of pure Fantasy Awesome Metal, because you can make up new genres of metal whenever and wherever you want, or so it seems. *snip*

I dare you not to headbang to this.
It's very... loud? Kinda reminds me of Manowar. Which depending on the way your tastes run can be a good or a bad thing ;).

Off naked Chatham show,
Czernobog

Post by Czernobog »

Yes, the Lady Gaga bug has bitten me, driving me insane with her over-the-top costumes, lyrics, and general theatricality. I can only post this music video of Bad Romance in an attempt to alleviate my suffering :mrgreen:. Anyway, let the show begin:

You have ruled this galaxy for ten thousand years.
You have little of account to show for your efforts.
Order. Unity. Obedience.
We taught the galaxy these things.

And we shall do so again.
speaker-to-trolls

Wow, I just listened to that Dark Blue song, that is just beautiful, nice pick.
Siege wrote:It's very... loud? Kinda reminds me of Manowar. Which depending on the way your tastes run can be a good or a bad thing ;).
It is my considered opinion that Manowar rocks my socks off, so it's a good thing from my point of view at least :P

Now for my next trick, something kind of different, but not very.

Journey has more than one song? What is this?
Invictus

Post by Invictus »

where has this band been all my life

and in my backyard all this time too
"This explanation posits that external observation leads to the collapse of the quantum wave function. This is another expression of reactionary idealism, and it's indeed the most brazen expression."
-
REBUILD OF COMIX STAGE 1 - Rey Quirino Versus the Dark Heart of the Philippines
"...a literary atrocity against the senses..." - Ford

REBUILD OF COMIX STAGE 2 - Advent Rey Returns: REVERGELTUNG
Coming NEVER
Czernobog

Post by Czernobog »

Do You Hear the People Sing? from the musical of Les Misérables. An epic song that is very relevant to current events.

And the reprise isn't bad too:

Order. Unity. Obedience.

speaker-to-trolls

'Damnit Sam, show some consistency in the music you're recommending these nice people, if you want to recommend Power Metal, recommend Power Metal, if you want to recommend folk music, recommend folk music and if you want to recommend... Look what the hell is this, anyway?'

'Shut up brain, or I'll murder you with alcohol,'

'Pff, you'd do that anyway if you could afford it,'

Dakarne

Post by Dakarne »

Hail to the Queen...

'For the moment, mortal, they find the thought of killing me more desirable than that of killing you.'
'And what are their chances?'
'The answer to that is evident in how long they've been hesitating, wouldn't you think, mortal?'

-Anomander Rake and Ganoes Paran in Gardens of the Moon by Steven Erikson
Siege
Site Admin

Post by Siege »

As much as I have to laud pushing Queen II, this is strictly a one video per post thread, Dak. Hence, edited.

Off naked Chatham show,
Mobius 1
Global Mod

Post by Mobius 1 »

I don't usually post in this thread, but this song absolutely will not get out of my head, and for some ridiculous reason I want to tie it into a Pokemon fanfiction with explosions and sniper rifles and grimdark. Whhhhhyyyyy.

SHADOW TEMPEST BLACK || STB2: MIDNIGHT PARADOX
The day our skys fe||, the heavens split to create new skies.
Siege
Site Admin

Post by Siege »

If you asked me this yesterday or next week I might not have said it but right now, in this moment and on this day, I think this is the single most beautiful song written in the 21st century, bar none. The orchestral live version is just about the most profusely stunning thing I can remember hearing in, well, years.

Off naked Chatham show,
Ford Prefect

Post by Ford Prefect »

That was awesome, Siege. Really impressive.

Meanwhile, I've been doing it My Way pretty much constantly since yesterday morning.
FEEL THESE GUNS ARCHWIND THESE ARE THE GUNS OF THE FLESHY MESSIAH THE TOOLS OF CREATION AND DESTRUCTION THAT WILL ENACT THE LAW OF MAN ACROSS THE UNIVERSE
Shroom Man 777
Global Mod

Post by Shroom Man 777 »

Ford Prefect wrote:That was awesome, Siege. Really impressive.

Meanwhile, I've been doing it My Way pretty much constantly since yesterday morning.
The "My Way" killings are a social phenomenon in the Philippines, where the killing of karaoke singers who get into disputes about their renditions of Frank Sinatra's signature tune, "My Way", has led some bars to ban the song and other singers to abstain from singing it. Opinions differ over whether the deadly pattern is due more to the coincidence that the song was frequently sung amid the violence of the nation's karaoke bars or to the aggressive lyrics of the song itself.[1]
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/My_Way_killings

:mrgreen:

"Sometimes Shroomy I wonder if your imagination actually counts as some sort of war crime." - FROD
Czernobog

Post by Czernobog »

Lady Gaga's latest album has too much awesomeness to put into one post, so here's the song I like best...

Order. Unity. Obedience.

Invictus

Post by Invictus »

AND NOW FOR SOMETHING COMPLETELY DIFFERENT:

"This explanation posits that external observation leads to the collapse of the quantum wave function. This is another expression of reactionary idealism, and it's indeed the most brazen expression."
-
REBUILD OF COMIX STAGE 1 - Rey Quirino Versus the Dark Heart of the Philippines
"...a literary atrocity against the senses..." - Ford

REBUILD OF COMIX STAGE 2 - Advent Rey Returns: REVERGELTUNG
Coming NEVER