Long Abscence Thread.

For the talkin' of jibba jabba.
Siege
Site Admin

Re: Long Abscence Thread.

Post by Siege »

Good to know the Big Z is still around :D. Nice to see you!
"Nick Fury. Old-school cold warrior. The original black ops hardcase. Long before I stepped off a C-130 at Da Nang, Fury and his team had set fire to half of Asia." - Frank Castle

For, now De Ruyter's topsails
Off naked Chatham show,
We dare not meet him with our fleet -
And this the Dutchmen know!
AiurZ

Post by AiurZ »

Hey there Mr Cool! How's life? You guys flooded with refugees too? Have you written a book yet? Stay safe bro.
Siege
Site Admin

Post by Siege »

Life is good. Refugees really aren't that big a deal, I remember when the Balkans disintegrated in the '90s, that was a way bigger issue. No book, but I do write for a living, so that's something :D. You still rocking the guitar?
"Nick Fury. Old-school cold warrior. The original black ops hardcase. Long before I stepped off a C-130 at Da Nang, Fury and his team had set fire to half of Asia." - Frank Castle

Off naked Chatham show,
AiurZ

Post by AiurZ »

Good to hear that. I do hope them refugees bring nothing but love to your people. I heard they couldn't stop staring at your girls :D . Where are you writing at? Local magazines? Are you still doing that radio thing?

My old Stratocaster is just collecting dust now. I've switched to singing a few years back but I don't do that professionally. I had plans for doing some weekend classic rock and blues gigs at local clubs but it had been pretty tough getting bandmates who are skilled AND on the same mindset. Man, I had a great set list. It's a shame that we couldn't get it done. Some other time maybe, when the kids are a bit grown up.
Siege
Site Admin

Post by Siege »

Public relations, and yeah the radio station is still on. Gonna do a show tonight :). Too bad about the strat, but at least they never go bad so you can pick it back up in a bit. And the blues never goes out of fashion, so there's that! How's the family?

Off naked Chatham show,
AiurZ

Post by AiurZ »

Public relations? As in government articles?

Yeah, strats never go bad, not like girls. Haha. Sadly folks here are less into blues and more into crap. Very few appreciate blues, classic rock, and jazz.

Do you have recorded samples of your radio show on youtube?

Family's okay, kids are entering school. Pretty tough on the pockets but that's life.

You have family now, Mr Cool? Or planning to settle down soon?
Siege
Site Admin

Post by Siege »

I do communications and a bunch of supporting stuff for the regional Labour party here, so, uh... Kinda government? I guess?

The show's not on YouTube, but there is a way to stream episodes from the last two weeks. Not sure if it works abroad though, but check it out I suppose :D.

I'm not much for settling down myself, but good to hear your family is doing well. I see the occasional pictures go by on FB, they look lovely :).

Off naked Chatham show,
AiurZ

Post by AiurZ »

Sounds nice. Writing is in your blood, might as well get some money out of it.

I think I can access the link. Will try to listen later.

The kids are growing fast. Pictures and videos are all that will be left soon of their childhood so I'm taking lots of them hehe.

Well then as long as you're happy, that's absolutely fine (not settling down).

Catch you around, Mr cool! Ciao.
Siege
Site Admin

Post by Siege »

And indeed all the best to you too, Mr. Big :D. Come to think of it, how's your appetite for world building these days? Can I seduce you into, I dunno, some collaborative world building mayhaps?

Off naked Chatham show,
Mobius 1
Global Mod

Post by Mobius 1 »

Howdy guys! I know I've been gone for a while, but with a lot of family trouble and switching schools I've been completely out of it. I still keep in contact with a few of you on facebook, but I've really been feeling the writing itch recently. Or, more specifically, the worldbuilding itch. I've been on a Gundam post-by-post RPG forum for a few years now and I've been poking at turning it into its own separate verse for a while. Hopefully I can get my feet back underneath me and start posting again.
SHADOW TEMPEST BLACK || STB2: MIDNIGHT PARADOX
The day our skys fe||, the heavens split to create new skies.
Booted Vulture

Post by Booted Vulture »

Hurrah! I was just thinking about TE and Carnage Marine punch ups the other day. Hopefully there will be some quality ak-shun incoming.
Ah Brother! It's been too long!
Siege
Site Admin

Post by Siege »

Hey Moby, good to hear you're still around! Hope you're doing well, and obviously we'd be more than thrilled to have anything you're gonna write :) .

Off naked Chatham show,
Invictus

Post by Invictus »

Welcome back! I do see the Gundam there.
"This explanation posits that external observation leads to the collapse of the quantum wave function. This is another expression of reactionary idealism, and it's indeed the most brazen expression."
-
REBUILD OF COMIX STAGE 1 - Rey Quirino Versus the Dark Heart of the Philippines
"...a literary atrocity against the senses..." - Ford

REBUILD OF COMIX STAGE 2 - Advent Rey Returns: REVERGELTUNG
Coming NEVER
Heretic

Post by Heretic »

Been helping my sister's worldbuilding stuff, so haven't been on lately and catching up on Steve's Writings.
Computers are like Old Testament gods; lots of rules and no mercy.
-Joseph Campbell
Invictus

Post by Invictus »

Heretic wrote: Sun Sep 15, 2019 7:11 am Been helping my sister's worldbuilding stuff, so haven't been on lately and catching up on Steve's Writings.
Well well!
"This explanation posits that external observation leads to the collapse of the quantum wave function. This is another expression of reactionary idealism, and it's indeed the most brazen expression."
-

Coming NEVER
Siege
Site Admin

Post by Siege »

Glad to have you back, Heretic!

Off naked Chatham show,
Heretic

Post by Heretic »

I keep saying i'm back, and then get dragged into the joint Science Fantasy project my sister and I are working on (with a private Discord channel with other people too). 50 page "Introductory" Bible that is only halfway done and a 50-page story about a boy and his Eldritch Summon, but I still want to get back to my roots, to the Omniverse, where my "amazing" World Building, as some people who helped me review my stuff, was born. So apologies if I sporadically come and go. Had this space opera story I wanted to write for my Project Epsilon here.

Hopefully I can persuade my sister to show you guys what we made, but she has been nervous showing it to what she thinks are the Heavy-Hitters here, lol.
-Joseph Campbell
Siege
Site Admin

Post by Siege »

Welcome back! And tell your sister not to worry, we're all amateurs here. Except Steve, he's published now ;) . If she does decide to register drop me a PM in case of any issues. I've had to turn the registration settings to their most unpermissive to ward off spambots, but obviously humans are still quite welcome.

Off naked Chatham show,
wellis

Post by wellis »

Heretic wrote: Sat May 23, 2020 11:51 pmI keep saying i'm back, and then get dragged into the joint Science Fantasy project my sister and I are working on (with a private Discord channel with other people too). 50 page "Introductory" Bible that is only halfway done and a 50-page story about a boy and his Eldritch Summon, but I still want to get back to my roots, to the Omniverse, where my "amazing" World Building, as some people who helped me review my stuff, was born. So apologies if I sporadically come and go. Had this space opera story I wanted to write for my Project Epsilon here.

Hopefully I can persuade my sister to show you guys what we made, but she has been nervous showing it to what she thinks are the Heavy-Hitters here, lol.
What is your sister's setting and idea primarily about?

And what is your "Project Epsilon?"
Heretic

Post by Heretic »

Here is what I have on Project Epsilon.
viewtopic.php?f=4&t=1446

I don't want to go off-topic on this thread, but basically it's a space opera mixed with a bit of Harry Potter and Epic Fantasy. Basically humans left the old, post-apocalyptic Solar System, yoinked out a parallel Solar System (and brought Magic in with it), start a new interstellar civilization with each planet having a unique aesthetic and culture, have Angels and Demons as separate major races, create an elite magical school for young prodigies in a pocket dimension, fight magical pseudo zombies that came with the magical powers that also have their own caste system of zombies of varying intelligence, and currently fighting a hopeless war in hopes of reclaiming Saturn, Uranus, Neptune, and an artificial Pluto from an number of empires of said pseudo zombies (with Saturn, Uranus, and Neptune having an artificial surface built over the gas giants) who also became demi-gods.
And later must fight an Dieselpunk-Biopunk Empire built from the ashes of the old Solar System they left that has a population of a couple thousand Trillions packed into one planetary system, slurps up neighboring Suns through a what I can only describe as a Mega-Straw that sends the energy back to Ringworlds and overpopulated, overdeveloped planets and space habitats, fly colossal biochemical Pill-Bugs and Cybernetic Dragonflies as Battleships, and basically have a Super Soldier Unit that's basically a hybrid of Kamen Rider Shin and Guyver: The Bioboosted Armor.
The Intro Doc is already hitting Page 60 right now. I hope to share with all ya'll and get my Senpais' (all of you, who have taught me the intricacies of Worldbuilding and put up with my bullshit since 2007) opinions when it's finished!
Siege wrote: -snip-
I'm gonna persuade her to join this forum one of these days, even if that means giving her the chance to see my utter cringe from years back.
-Joseph Campbell
speaker-to-trolls

Post by speaker-to-trolls »

Wow, it's been two years since I was last here. Two years!

It looks like there is a lot of stuff to catch up on, I am very impressed with the look of Heretic's project and I give Steve my heartfelt congratulations; it's well earned after literally decades of work.

I've been involved in lots of real life stuff but my own creative endeavours have just circled round and round like lazy goldfish.
"Little monuments may be completed by their first architects, but great ones; true ones leave their copestones to posterity. God keep me from completing anything."
Invictus

Post by Invictus »

Hey, welcome back!

SOTS somehow ticks on and I like to blow the trumpet on the loads of stuff that has been added over the last few years. Speaking personally it has been a reliable place for keeping up some level of creative output.
-

Coming NEVER
Heretic

Post by Heretic »

Welcome back, Speaker! Yeah, I've been coming on and off here throughout the days.
-Joseph Campbell
speaker-to-trolls

Post by speaker-to-trolls »

Invictus wrote: Tue Jul 07, 2020 2:53 pm Hey, welcome back!

SOTS somehow ticks on and I like to blow the trumpet on the loads of stuff that has been added over the last few years. Speaking personally it has been a reliable place for keeping up some level of creative output.
Thanks! I do have some germ ideas to add to SOTS but I'm going to wait until I've at least read through the Master List to see if they still fit.
Heretic wrote: Wed Jul 08, 2020 12:14 pm Welcome back, Speaker! Yeah, I've been coming on and off here throughout the days.
Thanks 😊
"Little monuments may be completed by their first architects, but great ones; true ones leave their copestones to posterity. God keep me from completing anything."
Invictus

Post by Invictus »

speaker-to-trolls wrote: Sun Jul 12, 2020 8:16 pm Thanks! I do have some germ ideas to add to SOTS but I'm going to wait until I've at least read through the Master List to see if they still fit.
Speaking of the Master List, there's lots more in the pipeline and it just shows that the universe is far from done. Anyway, feel free to ask if you need anything summed up in a pithy sentence.
-

Coming NEVER