EVOLUTION COMPLETE! - musings that revisit StarCraft

For the talkin' of jibba jabba.
Steve

Re: EVOLUTION COMPLETE! - musings that revisit StarCraft

Post by Steve »

Wait, Amon cultists? I know the Equalists are firmly devoted to Amon and eliminating bending from the world, and he certainly had a cult of personality, but isn't that a bit...

*blinks, looks at thread title again*

Oh. Wait. Wrong "Amon". Oops. :P

I've only completed SC1 myself, so all I know about this is what I remember from an SBer doing an LP of SC2 that implies there's a greater evil in the setting. And what TV Tropes tells me, I guess. :P
"A Radical is a man with both feet planted firmly in the air." – Franklin Delano Roosevelt

"No folly is more costly than the folly of intolerant idealism." - Sir Winston L. S. Churchill, Princips Britannia

Moderator of SDN, Former Spacebattles Super-Mod, Veteran Chatnik
Siege
Site Admin

Re: EVOLUTION COMPLETE! - musings that revisit StarCraft

Post by Siege »

Well, you're not missing out on great lore by not playing SC2, but you ARE missing out on what's probably the best RTS ever made.

That's probably what makes this so infuriating: StarCraft had a seriously good story going for it, we know Blizzard can do good stories if it wants to, and the SC2 engine facilitates all kinds of fun shenanigans, so there's really no excuse for the shit writing in SC2.
"Nick Fury. Old-school cold warrior. The original black ops hardcase. Long before I stepped off a C-130 at Da Nang, Fury and his team had set fire to half of Asia." - Frank Castle

For, now De Ruyter's topsails
Off naked Chatham show,
We dare not meet him with our fleet -
And this the Dutchmen know!