Weird Dreams

For the talkin' of jibba jabba.
Shroom Man 777
Global Mod

Re: Weird Dreams

Post by Shroom Man 777 »

I just woke up from a nap, and man I just had an awesome dream.

Dig this. I am a journo camera man and together with this journo chick, we are in Afghanistan or what seems to be Afghanistan. We are walking through an arid grassland lightly forested area together with a column of Coalition troops - with Germans, French, Australians and... Russians! Light is filtering through the treetop canopy. We see the troops pass by in all sorts of camera angles, allowing us to see the flag patches on their uniforms and the guns they're carrying - AUGs, Kalashnikovs, and SMGs.

Suddenly, gunfire rings out and there are shouts of "contact!", the troops exchange shots with unseen enemies. I film and the journo chick goes on about what's happening. She says there is Russian fire support, and in the distance we see something lit up as either its bombarded by air power or armor.

Then while the troops are fighting, me and the journo chick break off and run across the grassy field. It's all shakey cam, Christiana Amanpour or whoever is at the CNN (or BBC) news center is prattling on, we can hear her. I think the editor is shouting at me to keep the camera focused on the direction of the action, so it won't be all shakey. They are very noisy, and the journo chick gets annoyed. She gets a knife, wounds the palm of her hand, and stains my camera lens with blood for some reason! I think so bloodstains will stick on the grassy field as we pass by, to mark a path.

We arrive at the other side, where the enemy Talibanis and bad guys are firing from. We try to go and get a closer look, but we are fired upon. There is a line of immobile civilian vehicles, the journo chick maneuvers between them while I get on my stomach and crawl under the cars while focusing on where the bad guys are at.

I see them and focus the camera. There is a mob of Africans congregating around something, and it turns out they are partaking in cannibalism and are all bloody. They shoot at me and my journo friend, but the Coalition troops are also shooting at them. My journo friend pulls out her knife, or some other weapon, to defend herself perhaps. I myself am not armed. An African woman is coming close to me, she is covered in blood. I try to crawl back away from her, but she is too near and with her bloody teeth she grins an Athenian Grin or something at me. She's all zombie-like and freakifying. Then I try to defend myself and hope I get saved by a Coalition soldier or my journo friend.

I wake up.

I crawl over to the laptop to type this post down.

The end.

OR IS IT?

"Sometimes Shroomy I wonder if your imagination actually counts as some sort of war crime." - FROD
Shroom Man 777
Global Mod

Post by Shroom Man 777 »

I just had the awesomest dream ever.

I was the goddamn Terminator! And I had to protect young kid John Connor! Mang! It started in the iron smelt scene when I faced off with the T-1000! Like, he was about to grab Connor but then I emptied an M16 at him and then blew him up with a couple of grenades, we slowed him down but he didn't fall into the steel. So we escaped, except Sarah was nowhere to be found, so we left while the T-1000 was delayed and reformulated.

We went on the run! It was a John Connor Chronicle! I had to steal some cars for transpo while the T-1000 was hot on our heels. It was so suspenseful! I had to throw people out of their vehicles and jack 'em and make sure the T-1000 wouldn't catch up with me and John. Man. After some close-calls, and after jacking a sufficiently huge American SUV (my Terminator programming told me to get the biggest car around), we eventually found refuge in a cheap motel where we bought some shit - including a boat.

At this time, John Connor made some friends and was hanging out with them, but my Terminator senses detected that the T-1000 was about to find us. Strangely enough, the scene cut to the T-1000 who's trying to find us with computors and he found us not by searching for John Connor, but searching for me! Sightings of the Terminator, the police station shooter, etc. which turned up more hits than searching for some punk kid.

Anyway, it was at night and I decided to move out, so I took John away from his friends and brought him to the boat we bought, and I also prepared a fish we could eat (fried fish). We unmoored the boat and sailed off just as the T-1000 arrived at our former residence.

EDIT:

Somehow, later, things got really weird and different. John Connor turned into Johnny 5 from Short Circuit, and to hide him from the pursuers I had to dress him up as a human. Then PeZook from SDNet sent me some help in the form of EVA from WALL-E.

Yeah.

It happened in an abandoned buildings!

"Sometimes Shroomy I wonder if your imagination actually counts as some sort of war crime." - FROD
Invictus

Post by Invictus »

So, in my dream I started playing a vast and intricate RTS which was set over a huge and mountainous map. The players could design their own units, deploy them and command them in a fairly realistic logistical war command sort of way. Armored offensives were launched across strategic passes and tank columns collided and slugged it out with each other with precious little room to maneuver, supported from above by airstrikes and dueling fighters.

Apparently I was too busy slapping extra turrets onto my tanks or had some kind of late start with my deployment, because my side of the campaign was not going well. My tanks were fancier but weren't pulling their weight against my opponent's, and the war was rapidly developing into a snarled hydra's nest of offensives and counter-offensives which was going beyond my ability to keep track of. However, I then managed to discover the location of the enemy's homeland by ASSUMING DIRECT CONTROL of an optically camouflaged commando and following some enemy soldiers along hidden mountain trails back to their base. It turned out there was a whole flat country hidden in there, surrounded by steep mountains from all sides. In my commando view I directed a few more supporting commandos to be paradropped inconspicuously into the general area by distracting the enemy with a sacrificial air raid. Then I melted into the local populace and went to work.

It was as though the war outside wasn't even happening, the bastards. I quickly assumed an identity and linked up with the other commandos who had also gone to ground, focusing on evading detection and learning local customs to blend in. (Apparently, the people of this culture have no idea what sausages were) We even managed to worm our way into minor positions under the enemy government, but our attempts of sabotage never came to much as we were still focusing on not getting caught. It was not until I took my attention off the RTS a bit and browsed some chat channels when we hit it big. Following tips given by a bunch of anonymous female gamers, I discovered a strange dodecahedron-like frame, not unlike certain hard scifi portrayals of wormhole gate, at the bottom of a lake. It was a dormant portal to another game, one of those free online MMORPGs whose developers decided they wouldn't start advertising for yet. The underwater commandos and I managed to hack into the strange portal/interface and unlock it before schedule, unleashing a horde of monsters from the MMORPG's highest-level zones into the enemy city.

The monsters (which I remember included Godzilla and Donkey Kong) tore the place up right and proper. There was a subplot involving a middle-aged scientist how had somehow known that Godzilla existed before he met the Big G and got atomic breath'd, but I didn't remember much about it. When the monsters hit we were working into the enemy's government ministries as we had timed, and with the general panic of the city getting closer we were responsible for going around the building and handing out mint chocolates to the ministry staff to reinforce morale.

Needless to say, the chocolates were poisoned. I think I killed half the enemy's judicial branch that way. A few of them managed accusing stares at my back as I left the room before they dropped dead.

At that point the monsters were almost right on top of us and we knew they were indiscriminate. Things were coming apart in the ministry itself so I stuffed a few unused squares of chocolate in my pockets and hurried for an exit. However, just on the street I saw the the government employee who I assumed the identity of (and who was dead when I checked the files) coming from the other direction, looking for revenge. Knowing the game was up I hopped over to control another escaping commando, but the fate of that particular infiltrator was not pretty, alas.
"This explanation posits that external observation leads to the collapse of the quantum wave function. This is another expression of reactionary idealism, and it's indeed the most brazen expression."
-
REBUILD OF COMIX STAGE 1 - Rey Quirino Versus the Dark Heart of the Philippines
"...a literary atrocity against the senses..." - Ford

REBUILD OF COMIX STAGE 2 - Advent Rey Returns: REVERGELTUNG
Coming NEVER
Shroom Man 777
Global Mod

Post by Shroom Man 777 »

:lol:

Czernobog

Post by Czernobog »

Just had a weird dream last night. I was in a shop, looking for a certain book, but no matter how hard I tried I couldn't find it in the morass of different books - it always turned out to be a different book, one I didn't want. Now, I rarely dream, and most of what I get centres around sexual frustration, so I suppose it must be a metaphor for something like that (perhaps the inability to get a specific woman? I don't have a clue).
You have ruled this galaxy for ten thousand years.
You have little of account to show for your efforts.
Order. Unity. Obedience.
We taught the galaxy these things.

And we shall do so again.
Invictus

Post by Invictus »

Last night I went through a portal to an alternate timeline to stop US President Theodore Roosevelt and his Million Man March which was crossing America for some nefarious purpose. I dropped out right in front of the tide of men to set up my anti-material rifle, picking out President Teddy walking right at the lead, his numberless followers behind him and the Statue of Liberty rolling on a massive tracked platform behind them. It wasn't much of bossfight because I shot first, and I wasn't about to let Teddy shoot first because he was toting a one-shot 'Liberty Bell', a bulky 19th century tactical atomic bazooka shaped like, yes, a bell.

However the shooting evidently didn't take because the next thing I remembered was using the Liberty Bell on an irate zombie Teddy Roosevelt, which only resulted in an irate and radioactive zombie Teddy Roosevelt. I fled back through the portal and landed back in the KGB headquarters (for some reason) with zombie Teddy hot on my heels, and the dream ended while I was still dashing down the endless corridors of the place, trying to put some distance between me and my pursuer.
"This explanation posits that external observation leads to the collapse of the quantum wave function. This is another expression of reactionary idealism, and it's indeed the most brazen expression."
-

Coming NEVER
Shroom Man 777
Global Mod

Post by Shroom Man 777 »

Incredible. The folly of the Chrono Kremlin!

Czernobog

Post by Czernobog »

I think this bears mentioning.

I had two weird dreams in a row the past few nights, and oddly enough, they were both about the same thing.

Dream #1 was a YA novel about parasitic aliens invading Earth that I was reading. The aliens had UFOs and...well, I don't recall it exactly, but it involved vats and pods of green fluids, as well as other weird stuff.

Dream #2 was more precise. It was a Discworld book which had reality breaking down, a massive desert and weird stuff like that, and was way more vivid. Whereas in Dream #1 I was just reading the book, looking at pictures there for some reason and so forth, in Dream #2 I felt almost like I was inside it.

Both books were completely imagined, though on waking (both times) I thought they were real and I had read them sometime long ago.

I dunno what this means.
Order. Unity. Obedience.

Heretic

Post by Heretic »

Dream #1 was a YA novel about parasitic aliens invading Earth that I was reading. The aliens had UFOs and...well, I don't recall it exactly, but it involved vats and pods of green fluids, as well as other weird stuff.
Could be a warning to you to keep away from that new Stephanie Meyer's book The Host which is basically about alien parasites invading Earth and inhabiting humans. Of course, this being a Stephanie Meyers book, there's lots of romantic complications *barf* and all. But gosh pods of green fluid? Ech.
Dream #2 was more precise. It was a Discworld book which had reality breaking down, a massive desert and weird stuff like that, and was way more vivid. Whereas in Dream #1 I was just reading the book, looking at pictures there for some reason and so forth, in Dream #2 I felt almost like I was inside it.
Now, was this exactly like a Discworld book or had elements of it? Reminds me of the RPG game Torg where the player characters go around through alternate dimensions that start spilling into each other.
Computers are like Old Testament gods; lots of rules and no mercy.
-Joseph Campbell
Czernobog

Post by Czernobog »

Heretic wrote:
Could be a warning to you to keep away from that new Stephanie Meyer's book The Host which is basically about alien parasites invading Earth and inhabiting humans. Of course, this being a Stephanie Meyers book, there's lots of romantic complications *barf* and all. But gosh pods of green fluid? Ech.
I don't care for Stephanie Meyer. Not at all.
Now, was this exactly like a Discworld book or had elements of it? Reminds me of the RPG game Torg where the player characters go around through alternate dimensions that start spilling into each other.
It had elements of it. But it was really weird in another way.
Last edited by Czernobog on Tue Jul 31, 2012 8:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Order. Unity. Obedience.

Invictus

Post by Invictus »

Both sound like real books/series to me. Both before Heretic's time too, I suspect. :P
Czernobog wrote:Dream #1 was a YA novel about parasitic aliens invading Earth that I was reading. The aliens had UFOs and...well, I don't recall it exactly, but it involved vats and pods of green fluids, as well as other weird stuff.
The Amimorphs? It had parasitic aliens that could only survive in pools of nutrients when outside a human host. Controlled humans would set them up under various cities on Earth.
Sourcery? At one point the main character falls through the universe and into the dimension where the various Lovecraftian gribblies lived, and IIRC it resembled a massive desert. Of it could be The Last Continent, which was set in a massive desert but featured less of reality breaking down.
-

Coming NEVER
Czernobog

Post by Czernobog »

Invictus wrote:
Czernobog wrote:Dream #1 was a YA novel about parasitic aliens invading Earth that I was reading. The aliens had UFOs and...well, I don't recall it exactly, but it involved vats and pods of green fluids, as well as other weird stuff.
The Amimorphs? It had parasitic aliens that could only survive in pools of nutrients when outside a human host. Controlled humans would set them up under various cities
on Earth.
I've never read those books, also the dream didn't have animals in it at all. The dream/book felt a lot like the Alex Rider series - which I did read a lot before - (forgive the TV Tropes link) before it turned to Goa'uld-ripoff aliens (also, in the dream I think the humans were the ones in pods).
Sourcery? At one point the main character falls through the universe and into the dimension where the various Lovecraftian gribblies lived, and IIRC it resembled a massive desert. Of it could be The Last Continent, which was set in a massive desert but featured less of reality breaking down.
I have read The Last Continent but never Sourcery. So my working theory right now is that my unconscious mind mashed them together somehow.

Perhaps the dreams are telling me I should write more, after all it's been a long time since I wrote much fiction.
Order. Unity. Obedience.

Booted Vulture

Post by Booted Vulture »

Weird Dreasm! today I dreamt me and the crew of the jupiter mining corporation vessel the Red Dwarf were trying to fix a moonbase! We were shit at it! And I was somehow where a very holey spacesuit on the moon surface.
Ah Brother! It's been too long!
Shroom Man 777
Global Mod

Post by Shroom Man 777 »

A xenomorph tried to eat me but i stopped it by shoving my fist down its throat, jamming its jaws with my arm and stuff, before someone came over and snapped its neck or something, and i had to worry about getting acid blood on me, before we buried it.

Heretic

Post by Heretic »

Man I would love to have a dream like that. The closest I ever gotten was having a nightmare with creepy acid colored monsters where I realized it was a nightmare in the nightmare but continued to wet myself.
-Joseph Campbell
Siege
Site Admin

Post by Siege »

I rarely remember any dreams. But tonight I dreamt about writing an e-mail, and when I woke up I realized I had to actually write that e-mail, so I wrote what I dreamt I wrote, and now something as boring as an e-mail dream has descended into an existential matter of what's real and what's not...
"Nick Fury. Old-school cold warrior. The original black ops hardcase. Long before I stepped off a C-130 at Da Nang, Fury and his team had set fire to half of Asia." - Frank Castle

For, now De Ruyter's topsails
Off naked Chatham show,
We dare not meet him with our fleet -
And this the Dutchmen know!
Heretic

Post by Heretic »

I think that's called the twilight zone or something. But that is pretty surreal
-Joseph Campbell
Shroom Man 777
Global Mod

Post by Shroom Man 777 »

Dreamt that I got captured and placed in a blacksite for processing, in this cargo container along with none other than The Don and some other guy, I think it was Rudy Ghoulianni. Anyway after not telling the captors anything, and I think the captors were Thaddeus Teague and the like, they decided to just end me - and my cellmates. So we're relocated into this cell in a hospital and the Don is given a message, that he's gonna be released and for his troubles he's receiving a reward in a crate/box. He and Ghoulianni open it and it turns out its filled with SILVER NITRATE or phosphorus and it begins to melt their skin.

I'm wearing boots and there's a wooden broom nearby so I use them to get some of the incendiary powder on the floor and apply them to the metal bars of the cell, which begin to corrode.

One of the site's nurses sees this. Turns out she's Selphie and I tell her I need help and it turns out she's contacting JOHN BAYLOR.

She gets me out of the cell when the bars have corroded, she removes some of the incendiaries that got on me.

Teague and co. see this and begin marshalling their forces.

Turns out the medical blacksite is hidden in a mall.

Shitloads of PMCs and even INTEGRAL TEMPESTS arrive.

Selphie's dragging me out but then... they all come in for me.

And then JOHN BAYLOR comes and he's late-CSW era Baylor who's borged out and filled with Soviet nanomachines. But he's otherwise unarmed, wearing civilian clothes, actually he's in crummy home clothes.

But he starts punching PMCs, kicking TEMPESTS aside, throwing Humvees into the air. All while dodging everything thrown at him or even soaking small arms fire.

He pops GUYVER BLADES from his forearms and goes to town.

And then he and Selphie try to use their emergency hotline to the Soviet Premier, Nadia Kiralova, so their rapid response orbital killplatforms or triple-mach fast mover aircraft can make a run and precision-strike all the goons and TEMPESTS coming our way.

It was glorious.

Booted Vulture

Post by Booted Vulture »

I love that you have internalised o1 enough to dream about it. Do you remember what intergral tempests look like or is it like you just knew thats what they were in the dream?

I dreamed a weird one a week or so back. It was a dream about nuclear Armageddon. Not a particularly realistic one. A star-trek-esue like ship fell out of the sky and went up in a mushroom cloud. I figured we're so close as to the blast be dead already. The blast wave overtakes us. But rather than horrible death. The building I'm in is reduced to ashes that I'm the pulled out of fine.

I take off with my family with a crowd of people but all the buildings are full of people. A couple of people start trying to steal minor stuff from me and I fight them off. Me and my mum end up going into the hills resolving to walk further than the others so we won't be killed for our stuff in our sleep. I start think about messaging someone I know in London and then I woke up which was some what of a relief.

What the hell were you trying to pull there subconscious?
Ah Brother! It's been too long!
Shroom Man 777
Global Mod

Post by Shroom Man 777 »

Booted Vulture wrote: Wed Oct 25, 2017 8:36 pm I love that you have internalised o1 enough to dream about it. Do you remember what intergral tempests look like or is it like you just knew thats what they were in the dream?
A bit of both! They generally looked like what I thought INTEGRAL TEMPESTS looked like... power-armored-ified infantry that have the bulk of EOD techs, with mega-riotshields and portable chainguns... something that'd look at home in the background of a Metal Gear Solid game, particularly the modern ones.
I dreamed a weird one a week or so back. It was a dream about nuclear Armageddon. Not a particularly realistic one. A star-trek-esue like ship fell out of the sky and went up in a mushroom cloud. I figured we're so close as to the blast be dead already. The blast wave overtakes us. But rather than horrible death. The building I'm in is reduced to ashes that I'm the pulled out of fine.

I take off with my family with a crowd of people but all the buildings are full of people. A couple of people start trying to steal minor stuff from me and I fight them off. Me and my mum end up going into the hills resolving to walk further than the others so we won't be killed for our stuff in our sleep. I start think about messaging someone I know in London and then I woke up which was some what of a relief.

What the hell were you trying to pull there subconscious?
I get things like that with dinosaurs.

Some recent dreams include me getting jumped by a buncha gangers and I guess it's some weird erectile dysfunction metaphor wherein I have difficulty popping my extendable/telescopic baton open.